Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MT

[Gaming Chat]

Feel bad for the employees.  Maybe Gamestop will try to stop being so awful and entice people to shop there again. :lol:

Free to be unemployed? :P

They could have been looking for jobs before and they were still at GameStop so.... You know. :uhoh:

Yeah but now they got the "oh my old boss doesn't work for them anymore" line they can drop on future applications so they can use it as a work history even if they hate their old boss. 

Fuck YES, the Japanese PS4 remaster of Yakuza 3 was released in the west (3 was disc-only on the PS3), and 4 and 5 are going to release later on :jumboshiny:

Weird that it says there will be multiple versions of the games, but the SNES version (the inferior version, to be honest) of Aladdin isn't in this.

Fuck the Lion King. That game was hard for 9 year old me. 

• Like 1

Ah cool it's a 2 pack.  I'll probably get it if the price is reasonable.

15 hours ago, Eizan said:

Fuck the Lion King. That game was hard for 9 year old me. 

I remember it took me sooooo damn long to get through Stage 2.  You know the one.  The monkeys and the damn ostriches.  I swear the jump timing on the ostritch part is one of the most obscure things ever.  And then you realize that wasn't even the hard part.  I would perpetually get stuck at the Elephant Graveyard.  To this day, I still don't know if I've beat that game from front to back without the level select cheat.

This is an awesome combo, though.  A lot of nostalgia with these, particularly the SNES Lion King and Genesis Aladdin.  Never much cared for the other versions, but frustrations aside, these were licensed games done right.

I can't remember if I actually beat either of those games.  I do remember them both being pretty fucking hard. :rotfl:

Guess now is my chance. :lurk:

Celeste and Inside are currently free on the Epic store. I highly recommend Celeste if you're into platformers.

This video is in Russian with English subtitles, but I think it's interesting enough to post about it here. Basically this talks about this very rare series of Famicom cartridges that came along with an adapter made by Konami for use in Japanese schools. People have tried to dump the ROMs before but they would always come out garbled because no one had the adapter, so this is one of the first times the two have been put together so that the contents of all these cartridges can be dumped and put up for everyone to use.

• Like 1

Super pumped for this.  I really hope these collections are a real sign they're going to make a new X series game.  Pls Capcom. :crying:

• Like 2

I'm going to be in a pretty large spotlight in about and hour or so. :lurk:

Also image for it...
EEsDU9AXUAAKXRv?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 2

I'll try to tune in for a bit and cheer you on, Eizan! :thumbs:

The first part is running a little longer than I expected so might not start for a bit. 

Nevermind...still on track in about 15-20 minutes. 

I watched for a bit but had to check out early. How did you do?

16 hours ago, little birdy said:

I watched for a bit but had to check out early. How did you do?

Not good at all. I stonewalled a boss in a bad location when I shouldn't have. 

46 minutes ago, MT said:

That is... not what they said at all. O_o

They're axing the "road map" they were already not keeping up with anyway so they can put more focus on fixing core issues of the game and instead are doing "seasonal" content (which is what the Cataclysm was effectively) and they have more of those type of events coming this year still.

Not that I expect anything particularly impressive until they get some of that shit fixed.

37 minutes ago, Mera'din said:

Meh. It's Anthem :P

2 hours ago, Mera'din said:

They're axing the "road map" they were already not keeping up with anyway so they can put more focus on fixing core issues of the game and instead are doing "seasonal" content (which is what the Cataclysm was effectively) and they have more of those type of events coming this year still.

Not that I expect anything particularly impressive until they get some of that shit fixed.

It's basically what they said. It's industry speak for: "We can't afford to properly support this game due to poor sales figures, here's some cheap shit we can recycle indefinitely to milk the remaining players for a while"

It's commendable they're still trying to fix it but I feel like the ship has sailed on this one.  I'm guessing the player base is probably fucking dead at this point.  Maybe they can pull something off to excite people again.  Probably won't happen until they make Anthem 2. :xd:

Player base was fine last I checked after Cataclysm came out. Never joined anything that wasn't full at the start. Sure it will slide off after this week though if they don't push something else out quickly enough. The games biggest problem is it has no sustainability still and they're really slow on the draw getting more stuff out. Cataclysm was really good and was exactly the kind of thing the game needed outside of core fixes, but it shouldn't have taken them almost 5 months to get it out with nothing else to show for it.

There's a subset of people who will never be happy with the amount of content in a game (there are even jackasses already bitching about lack of content in Borderlands 3), but in this games case it's pretty justified.

I keep trying to pay attention to see when it's good to come and actually play but I dunno.  I probably will never bother and just stick with Destiny. :rotfl:

RDR2 coming to PC officially finally.

Apparently the Steam version launches later for whatever reason (like a month later).  Now that it is coming...I can wait for a sale. :xd:

Analogue Pocket

Quite a lovely device.

• Like 2

I want that thing big-time :drool2:

It's probably gonna cost quite a bit more than I'm willing to pay though... :lurk:

Holy shit. They just keep digging themselves deeper with that game. And this is shortly after announcing that NPCs would be delayed until next year. :rotfl: 

I don't know what the fuck they are trying to do here if not completely kill their reputation as a company.  Holy shit has Fallout 76 been bad. :eek3:

Fallout 76 is why I stopped caring about Elder Scrolls 6.

Long live Outer Worlds.

• Like 1

If you have Game Pass on PC, Outer Worlds unlocks in about thirty minutes 😮

• Like 2

Downloading it now.  For once I actually plan to play the game.  I wonder if it's coming to Steam at some point.  I'm definitely not getting it on Epic launcher. :sick:

I think the Steam version is next year some time

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MT said:

I think the Steam version is next year some time

Ah yes, I see it now on Steam and it just says "2020" with no month.  That's good though.  I'll worry about it then unless I somehow blow through this while I have the MS game pass.

From the reviews I am seeing the main story is about 20 hours with a metric fuck ton of replayability. So basically a better fallout game. 

Also, I may have just paid the 1$ for the game pass for Outer Worlds....

• Like 1

Kind of annoying they're going to the UPLAY route though and making you still use Origin. :-/

Still, it's a good thing.

Hard to compete with Netflix and HBO.

I actually play a fair bit of Fallout 76 as my co-hosts and I were doing a Let's Play series. It is just.. so vapid, empty and boring.. The vast vast majority of content is just recycled randomized RNG rather than anything of substance. I still haven't played Nuclear Winter because every time i've tried to play it, I gave up on waiting after an hour. Literally every update that drops breaks a whole bunch of stuff that never even gets mentioned. Like the third last update put my base halfway into the ground and I couldn't get into it. Certain areas never ended up rendering and you'd be killed by invisible enemies or just fall through the ground.. but I think the worst thing is Bethesda's general attitude. I thought it would be hard to top Blizzard's recent bullshit but honestly, how many times in succession can a developer directly fuck over their demographic and have a demographic left to fuck over. The failed launch, the canvas bags, the shitty 500 atoms to make up for the bags, the bags being eventually delivered but late, customers being mass doxxed trying to get their bags, the failed nuka rum, the mouldy nuka world power armor helmet controversy, them going back on their grandstanding about the "line" or morality when it comes to microtransactions, the paid subscription debacle, the private servers not actually being private servers but instances where players have left the world empty, the unlimited scrap box actually deleting all your scrap.. and that's just off the top of my head. Just a constant stream of negative PR and yeah, I kinda don't give a shit about TES6 now. I'll still do another 3 or so eps of Fallout 76 but I have only played it as it was fun to play with friends. FYI half the episodes are just bitching about Bethesda and pointing out broken retarded shit.

I did also grab that $1 game pass. I'll be starting Outer Worlds tonight. Just had work, did some Halloween episodes and some Festival of the Lost shit in Derpstiny :3

• Like 1