Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MT

[Gaming Chat]

>Castlevania Anniversary Collection

>Contra Anniversary Collection

Mother fuckers

Total cash grab, but if/when there's a sale price low enough then I'll probably buy them... :lol:

Dat pre-e3/Nintendo Direct anxiety.. 
Can't wait for them sales, news on Animal Crossing/Metroid Prime Trilogy HD/New Smash Character Reveals/etc

I would very much love a Metroid prime HD trilogy announcement. :nod:

• Like 2

http://genesismini.sega.com/

Not sure if this thing has been discussed here, but the Genesis Mini is going to have a really solid list of games! Might have to buy one of these :thinking2: I was always a Nintendo kid, but I played Genesis games a fair bit at friends houses. 

Would be nice to see a few sports games in there though. NHL 94? World Series? Montana? I remember my friend had a pretty good boxing game for his Genesis. Holyfield, maybe...

One day I'll probably break down and get one of these things.  I keep going back to "well my Shield can play these on an emulator just fine" and that generally causes me to close my wallet back up.

I owned an SNES but my cousin @Farmatron had a Genesis and we played a lot (even traded systems once... That was cool as shit).

Nintendo Direct is apparently going to be 40mins or so. Fucking HYPE!! 

Nintendo Wishlist:

1) Achievements

2) Achievements

3) Achievements

4) Metroid Prime Trilogy HD this Fall (with achievements)

5) Phil Spencer pops out of a warp pipe with Halo and Forza

• ROFL 1

• Like 1

That's kinda nifty. Depending on price and the final list of games, I'd maybe grab one. It's a system I was always curious about but never had access to. And it's definitely not something I'd try to get into collecting now. One of these mini systems - if it has a good selection of games - would be ideal.

Made this to represent my sadness

5mbkmII.jpg

• ROFL 1

"Surprise, you wasted your money." Fuck EA.

20 hours ago, Nick said:

"Surprise, you wasted your money." Fuck EA.

Switch version of Bloodstained sucks, so I pirated the PC version. That's the last game I support on Kickstarter.

I was just reading some stuff about the Switch version. Sounds very bad indeed :-/

Yeah, I'm done with Kickstarter.  I'm hoping to get someone over at Fangamer or maybe the devs themselves to just give me a fucking Steam key while I wait for them to unfuck the Switch version.  Quite frankly, we all know it's free to generate Steam keys and it's the least they could do for Switch backers since they were completely fucking silent on what a piece of shit that version was long after it was too late to switch to another platform.

Shenmue 3 was a dumpster fire loooong before this stupidity. 

1 hour ago, Galeigh said:

Shenmue 3 was a dumpster fire loooong before this stupidity. 

?

I've never heard this before the EGS thing,  Why?

The kickstarter was obviously not enough money based on the history of the game series and current estimated budgets of development. The skipping of a stretch goal is a symptom of this. 

That and the dev has been sketchy as fuck on details. 

Dude is a flake and terrible with money, all the signs were there long before the epic store deal rolled out. (repeated delays and weak excuses for them to hide the fact the game is likely incomplete and buggy af)

Plus it looks like a upres'd PS3 game instead of an actual current gen one.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2019 at 10:22 AM, Galeigh said:

The kickstarter was obviously not enough money based on the history of the game series and current estimated budgets of development. The skipping of a stretch goal is a symptom of this. 

That and the dev has been sketchy as fuck on details. 

Dude is a flake and terrible with money, all the signs were there long before the epic store deal rolled out. (repeated delays and weak excuses for them to hide the fact the game is likely incomplete and buggy af)

That sounds more like you're implying that epic store exclusivity was a good thing for an already backed 3 years prior project that listed steam keys as pledge rewards. If there was any altruism whatsoever they wouldn't have made it exclusive. Apparently though, Epic and Deep Silver love fucking gamers out of choice and woukd rather strong arm them out of the platform of their choice so they can make extra money. Fucking piss weak. 

Now Ghostbusters HD is Epic exclusive and even worse, Telltale Remastered collections are going epic exclusive too which sets a shitty precedent. Now remasters going store exclusive potentially means those who already bought and supported games in the past won't get free or discounted upgrades. 

Tim Sweeney isn't improving the games industry. He is improving his wallet and fucking people out of choice, plain and simple. 

I wasn't in anyway implying that. Only that this is the rotten cherry on a shit cake. 

• Like 1

Whether they had enough funding from the Kickstarter or not, the game was ALSO being financially backed by Shibuya Productions AND Sony and has for years. If they seriously need more than that for what's being presented and it's not just pure greed at this point (or even if it is), then I'm glad I never cared about this series at all. >_>

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Galeigh said:

I wasn't in anyway implying that. Only that this is the rotten cherry on a shit cake. 

This was a glorious quote and made me laugh XD

11 hours ago, Mera'din said:

Whether they had enough funding from the Kickstarter or not, the game was ALSO being financially backed by Shibuya Productions AND Sony and has for years. If they seriously need more than that for what's being presented and it's not just pure greed at this point (or even if it is), then I'm glad I never cared about this series at all. >_>

It makes me feel a bit bad because I have friends who love the series. I just never played it or even know what it's about. I only know it's a cult hit so if this happened with a game series I loved, I'd be fucking pissed. Still, you are so right with what you said. I'm over this bullshit. All Epic did was ring console wars to PC and this shit is just as annoying as when Skyrim had timed exclusivity on Xbox 360. Super lame. Moreso because fucking over project backers is unforgivable IMO

Apparently Epic is offering refunds to Kickstarter backers who don't want it through them, so that's SOMETHING at least. ? 

Very specifically, THEY are paying for it so it doesn't deprive the dev. of funding for the game. They also said that if this happens again (read: WHEN it happens again) they will either attempt to coordinate with other storefronts so that keys will still be available to those who backed said game, or will offer the same refund deal.

Seems like they're doing a lot of extra work and bending over backwords while chucking giants wads of cash at everything when all they really need to do is not make their service fucking awful so that people might actually WANT to use it? >_>

Yeah they seem to have a lot of money to do everything except improve their fucking launcher.  Their development timeline is already missing tons of shit and it seems like they've got like one college grad coding all this right now with her pace they're going at.  It's fucking stupid.

If I was into Shenmue I'd probably just choose a PS4 copy at this point.  This whole thing fucking stinks.

On 7/8/2019 at 6:42 PM, Mera'din said:

Apparently Epic is offering refunds to Kickstarter backers who don't want it through them, so that's SOMETHING at least. ?

I consider this the absolute least they can do.

What a fucking disaster this has been.  Are they trying to make their backers mad?  I'm sorry but every step up the way just seems like a fucking cash grab.  Jesus.

The first sign it was gonna be a shitshow was when the E3 announcement was for a kickstarter.

On 7/15/2019 at 3:00 PM, Galeigh said:

The first sign it was gonna be a shitshow was when the E3 announcement was for a kickstarter.

The second was having anything to do with Epic beyond making their game available there. Game devs need to start signing pre-nups

No, the 2nd was "Thanks for your Kickstarter money. This game is also funded by 2 massive corporations. :koffing: "

• Like 2
  • ROFL 1

I don't even know if that can be considered a LEAK. They flat out published the info on the site. With a link and everything. :|

And then they had the nerve to call it a "website vulnerability".

Even beyond that, the majority of the current problem lies in the fact that after they were notified of the issue (before the story was made public), all they did was remove remove the link on the site but DIDN'T FUCKING DELETE THE FILE so people who knew what to look for/how to look for it could still find it and download it. That's when the shit really hit the fan and the data got passed around.

The ESA must get their knowledge of how the internet works from Nintendo. 

• ROFL 1

They sell guns at Walmart and their response is to remove displays for video games. :rotfl:

For fuck's sake. :rotfl:

If you're not going to do anything real just don't do anything.  They're fucking video games. :rotfl:

Note that they're not actually going to stop selling said games either. Way to do absolutely nothing and look completely moronic at the same time Walmart. :rotfl: 

• Like 1

This is what happens when you pander to people for something you don't actually believe in. :sorry:  You just look like a jackass. :rotfl:

Well, they made mostly Sony exclusive games anyway, so I'm  surprised it took this long. XD

Now please make another Resistance game. :bawling:

This is good though.  They really only ever made Sony games anyway.

Most people probably thought they already owned them :rotfl:

• Like 1

Yeah they're responsible for a lot of Sony's biggest hits so I wouldn't be surprised to hear most people thought that.  I found out there were NOT a Sony studio when they put out Sunset Overdrive. :rotfl:

• Like 2

Given how much money and rep they have given Sony and well they have been treated by them in comparison to other big publishers I think this will be good for them. Sony is in a super stable position right now, despite their resistance to some modern gaming trends. 

They're apparently FINALLY starting to relent on some of that shit. There's a couple things that finally went cross play and PUBG is getting console crossplay soon too. Baby steps I guess? XD