Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MT

[Gaming Chat]

Outer Worlds is soooooo good. It's like fallout New vegas, but without the bugs and has better graphics. Obsidian Over delivered and I love it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Galeigh said:

Outer Worlds is soooooo good. It's like fallout New vegas, but without the bugs and has better graphics. Obsidian Over delivered and I love it.

Some absolute savage has finished it in 25 minutes already XD

I am taking my playthrough Slow AF and enjoying all the story. Made a Persuasive mother fucker for my first playthrough (100 Persuation and 50+ lie and Intimidate). I could sell Ice to an eskimo and make a corporate shill give employees raises (legit actually did this second one in game)

• Like 1

Game is wonderful. Also, I love that the nicest characters in the game (so far at least) are effectively the mob leader and the black market trader. :rotfl: 

Taking my time as well. Been playing quite a bit but just got to Monarch.

• Like 1

I've dabbled in Outer Worlds here and there. Planning on doing an Extra Life stream again this year, so i've wanted to save OW for that.

• Like 2

Man Bioware is just...dead.

• Sad 1

It's sad honestly. Just a symptom of shitty giant publishers eating a company and then milking franchises while knickle and diming their demographic until the original developers leave. That said, these days Activision are giving EA a run for their money on being a villainous corporation lol

VR is still too expensive.  The good ones are all like 600-1000 bucks and I'm like uhhhhhhhhhh...nah.  I don't want some crappy Oculus one either if I'm going to do it. :crying:

• Like 2

The only trailer from the Game Awards that has me interested is the Hellblade sequel one. Everything else just looks meh.

That one definitely stood out. When it first showed her I was like 😮 

Wasn't sure it was actually supposed to be Senua or if it was just a similar style/theme considering the developer until it showed the title though.

I want to see more from some of the others before I decide anything though. Godfall could have potential and I'm interested in seeing what New World could be like (though I won't hold my breath on that one). 

That Fast & Furious game looks so ridiculously dated though. WTF even was that? XD

There were some fun parts otherwise during it too. The bit with the Muppets was hilarious and seeing Ikumi Nakamura again was everything I hoped it would be. :rotfl: 

Feel like the awards themselves were all over the place though. Like some of the eSports shit they didn't even give any correlation for what games the people were even known for so it was like... K. Glad to see Disco Elysium win a bunch of awards though. Definitely deserves it from everything I've seen. Kind of hoped Control had won more but it did get one so I was happy about that. I actually bought a couple of games that I was holding off on or hadn't heard of after seeing stuff about them through the Awards though so I guess they're doing their job. XD

I didn't actually watch the awards themselves. With Keighly running it and Kojima getting a ton of nominations, it kind of soured me on the whole thing this year. I did see the Muppets thing though, damn them for teasing me with Untitled Beaker Game! I want that to be a thing so bad.

You do realize he has no part in nominating or voting for anything, right? He just runs it. Nominations are done by outside parties that are part of the industry (various gaming news outlets, "influencers" and things like that) from all around the world and voting is a mix of said jury and public fan voting.

He did an AMA about the show a week or so before hand and got asked a ridiculous number of times about stuff like that as well as answering accusations of favoritism along those lines. Death Stranding didn't even win that many awards. They even have a list of the 'jury' that does the nominating/voting on the website:
https://thegameawards.com/voting-jury'

I wouldn't have touched the show that Spike did with a 10ft. pole, but he's done a good job with this one IMO.

55 minutes ago, Mera'din said:

You do realize he has no part in nominating or voting for anything, right?

Yep. I knew all that and said it anyway. :P

OOk7XCU.jpg

♥️

• ROFL 1

I've discovered a gambling addiction (at least it's not real money)...

Someone set up random Final Fantasy Tactics AI Battles and you can bet on the teams. It just started like maybe a week or so ago, so it will probably get better as it gets upgraded and stuff. It's really addicting...

It also means I'll actually be able to play like 3 other games that come out in the same time frame. XD

FF7 Remake got delayed into its old launch window, so maybe that’s why they moved it back?

16 minutes ago, Revolver said:

FF7 Remake got delayed into its old launch window, so maybe that’s why they moved it back?

Doubt it. FF7 remake lacks the pull it would have had 10 years ago. CP2077 has the pedigree of Witcher 3 behind it which is far fresher in people's memories so it's FF7 that woulda suffered. It was probably moved back for polishing, standard fare for CDPR. 

In amusingly related news, rumor is that the Avengers game pushed back to September to avoid releasing in the same month as Cyberpunk (was also sandwiched on the other side by Last of Us 2 I believe) and then Cyberpunk moved to September as well so that game is still gonna get fucked.

That game is probably going to get fucked for a lot of reasons but primarily because it doesn't actually look very good so far. :xd:

I don't play Apex all that often, but this is pretty dope.

Let's talk about how Blizzard has completely shit the bed with Warcraft 3 Reforged:

This made me LOL:

• Like 1

I love how people are so bitter and disillusioned with Blizzard that not only did they meta-bomb the game, they actually started giving positive reviews to the one game that had a lower score (at the time) than WC3:R to help the process along. :rotfl: 

• Like 1
  • ROFL 1

greddy practices

I would seriously have bought this.  It's an HD remake ffs and somehow they still managed to fuck it up.

My favorite thing during the time was the topic in the Diablo subreddit.  I still cry laughing when I see it.

"Hey about the D2 remaster, nvm, we cool"

• ROFL 1

Feel bad for people in other countries because they really get dicked in general on game prices.  So far I don't think any of these affect the US but definitely a bunch in the UK etc.

It's Steam, just wait a year and pick up for 50 cents on a 99%-off holiday sale

Yeah pretty much.  Will probs get that new Star Wars game this Christmas 2020 for instance and it'll probs be 50% off at least. :shiny:

Anthem overhaul coming at some point (The link to the EA blog is down, so can't really confirm it but don't think he'd lie about it)

• Like 1

Someone posted the full text on Reddit:

One year ago, we were preparing to launch Anthem – a game that represented a big leap into new territory for us as a studio.  It was an exhilarating and terrifying experience to go out to the world with something new and different, and we are grateful to all the players who have come along with us on the journey.  It has been a thrill for us to see the creativity of our players in designing customized Javelins, and watching them master Anthem’s flying and fighting gameplay.  I am so proud of the work the team has put into this game, and at the same time there’s so much more that we – and you – would have wanted from it.

Over the last year, the team has worked hard to improve stability, performance and general quality of life while delivering three seasons of new content and features.  We have also heard your feedback that Anthem needs a more satisfying loot experience, better long-term progression and a more fulfilling end game.  So we recognize that there’s still more fundamental work to be done to bring out the full potential of the experience, and it will require a more substantial reinvention than an update or expansion.  Over the coming months we will be focusing on a longer-term redesign of the experience, specifically working to reinvent the core gameplay loop with clear goals, motivating challenges and progression with meaningful rewards – while preserving the fun of flying and fighting in a vast science-fantasy setting.  And to do that properly we’ll be doing something we’d like to have done more of the first time around – giving a focused team the time to test and iterate, focusing on gameplay first.

In the meantime, we will continue to run the current version of Anthem, but move away from full seasons as the team works towards the future of Anthem. We’ll keep the game going with events, store refreshes, and revisiting past seasonal and cataclysm content – starting with our anniversary towards the end of the month.

Creating new worlds is central to our studio mission, but it’s not easy.  Sometimes we get it right, sometimes we miss.  What keeps us going is the support from players like you.  Your feedback gives us guidance on how we can improve, and your passion inspires us with the courage to create.   I look forward to working together with your involvement and feedback towards the best possible future for Anthem.

• Like 1

Apparently the PS4 costs about $450 to build because supply problems have jacked up the price. Might be a $499 console (if Microsoft wants to compete with them, they can easily undercut them, but I'm not sure Microsoft is looking to compete anymore), which for me, is probably around $750ish with tax. Fuuuuuuuck that :lol:

Poppin' trophies on MGS2 HD. Going for the platinum but I think I may end up getting stopped by the VR Missions (just from how many there are, apparently there's a few MGS1 Snake levels that are brutally hard) and Extreme Mode Trophies (specifically the boss fights with one-hit-kill powers and the Tengu hallway).

I fucking love how stupid this game is on purpose to try to make it clear it's not really happening but that no one got it so they had to take it seriously for 4.

One of the last scenes with Raiden making up with Rose, who is bizarrely standing out of the crowd in such a way that she may not actually be real. His hands touch her face, and you still see him wearing broken handcuffs, signifying that while he as the protagonist and you as the player has broken and seen through the illusions, the handcuffs are still attached, he's choosing to continue existing in the illusion, as are we, because we didn't shut off the game.

GW explaining the era of digital information has aged really well too.

• Shiny 1

Apparently I hate my life, because I just popped the trophy for completing all VR Missions in MGS2 :shiny: :fup: :sick:

• ROFL 1

There was one mission with MGS1 Snake where you fight four successive battles in a row, if you die, you restart. First battle is one soldier (easy), second battle is a squad of 9 soldiers, some of whom are cloaked (I could pass it every time, but usually took a lot of damage and there's only one ration available), a third battle with 21 soldiers including 9 Arsenal Tengus (they fucked me up on the regular, there's a stunlock you can get on the Tengus with the coolant but you get grenaded and shot at by the other soldiers), and then a fourth battle with a giant monster soldier where you need to hid behind a box and shoot a fast-ass UFO out of the sky with a stinger missile before the giant slaps the shit out of you. Usually I was so weak if I got to this point that one slap and I was dead.

I had one of my more badass runs where I made it through the third stage with about a quarter of my health but I had managed to save my entire ration, so I could take a hit from the giant, recover, and probably take two more hits, giving me lots of leeway to hit that UFO.

Confident that this would be the time after the other 10-15 weren't, I dodged the first slaps, whipped out my stinger, fired it, accidentally nicked the box I was hiding behind, and killed myself in the explosion because I forgot to equip the ration. I don't throw controllers but that's about as close as I get :fup: :fup: :fup:

• ROFL 2

Just beat MGS2 on Extreme Mode. :fup:

You can only hold 2 rations and there's like 4 or 5 in the entire game (plus a certain point where you can potentially get tossed one or two). The Sneaking Suit made it mega goddamn easy to collect dog tags, but god damn some of those boss fights were a bitch.

There's an easy strategy for surviving Fortune, you can cheese Fatman with the Ammo Wig and Vamp in general. The Harrier Fight, Metal Gear Ray fight (23 fucking Rays x_x) and Solidus fight is mostly about pattern recognition and execution over a long period of time (I managed to destroy my wrist tapping mega fast to preserve health and managed to finish the Ray fight with both rations, so the Solidus fight was much easier than it otherwise would've been and I still died like 5 times figuring out his patterns). The oil fence Sniper section was more doable thanks to the Ammo Wig but still pretty tough. The Tengu Fights were bitches all around, I probably killed Snake as many times as the enemy killed either of us. Thankfully no Olga or corridor ambush because Hard and Extreme Mode in Snake's shit isn't necessary to pop the Platinum.

Just have to finish Hard Mode for the Platinum now. I did Extreme Mode first just in case it stopped me or got me to the point where I didn't want to play it anymore.

@Mera'din

There's only one trophy for beating the game on any difficulty. What's different in each difficulty level is the dog tags to collect, there's six trophies for unlocking the secret items you get from them.

It depends.

You have to collect every dog tag in the full game in Very Easy, Easy and Normal. It probably takes about 7 hours each if you know what you're doing/have a good guide (there is a pretty good one), and you skip all the codec conversations and cutscenes. It's not so bad because the enemy soldiers aren't all that intelligent or reactive.

After that, you only have to play the Raiden/Plant Chapter, collect all the dog tags on one mode and then about half on the next (you need over 218 Plant Chapter Dog Tags across all modes, there's like 240ish). It'll take less time on these modes because after collecting everything in the first three, you unlock the Stealth Suit, which makes you completely invisible, so the actual collection is mostly easy, it's just beating certain bosses that can be difficult.

Hard Mode's kind of a joy right now because I did extreme mode first and there's RATIONS EVERYWHERE and bosses can't kill you in like one hit :D

BTW

When you meet the President, the first thing he does to you is try to grab you by the pussy because he heard his assassin is a woman