Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MT

[Gaming Chat]

On 9/16/2020 at 12:21 AM, MT said:

The dumb part was they retired the EA Download Manager for Origin and are going back to EA "desktop" now. :lol:

Booooo

urns

• Like 1
  • ROFL 1

14 hours ago, Nick said:

10 hours ago, MT said:

Booooo

Tbh Bethesda has been getting scummier and scummier and Microsoft less so.  This is mostly good except they'll control id and they're super hostile to Vulkan. :-/

They've already announced that they're overhauling their game engine. Thank god. :rotfl: 

I'm sure this was in the works well before sale talks started, but the timing couldn't be more amusing. They've been needing to give that thing a full blown overhaul for years.

• Like 1

Mixed feelings.  Last ME game was underwhelming and Bioware seems to just suck more and more as time goes on. :-/

I don't think I've seen such a solid presentation of immediate joy followed by crushing disappointment from people as I have when they announced this. :rotfl: 

This was the Square-Enix tweet. The way it was written. They knew what they were doing. XD

Guess I'll get it a year from release when it comes to Steam AND it's half price.

• Like 1

Ooo, Code Vein is on the Gamepass. I finally have an excuse to play it.

An unfinished prototype of an N64 game, Dinosaur Planet (which became Star Fox Adventures on the Gamecube) got leaked and is playable on real hardware. From what I understand it works in emulation, but there it's kinda wonky.

• Shiny 3

Dang. That looks pretty rad. Tribute Games have made some good games so that is promising. 

I'll definitely be picking this up. :D 

So, Outriders is coming to Game Pass day and date with the retail release, but it's only the XBox versions, not PC.

Microsoft needs SOMETHING to sell their consoles. After the Halo: Infinite fiasco they got no real fallback.

He was one of the last good ones still there. At least as far as the "out in front" types go. Gonna miss his dev update. Kind of wonder what happened as his public notice about it had that super vague, PR spin quality to it. Usually if they leave on good terms they're a little more specific about why so I wonder if Activision started pushing too hard on something and he said 'fuck you, I'm out." 

I imagine Activision wanted Overwatch 2 out faster than Jeff did.

• Like 1

Awriiiiight, the 3DS sale I was hoping for finally happened again, picked up Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Apocalypse, Soul Hackers, Devil Survivor Overclocked and Record Breaker

Pixel Remaster versions of the first three Final Fantasy games release soon… tomorrow maybe? 4-6 follow later in the year. I’ll probably buy FFV again :rotfl: And if the organizer of the Four Job Fiesta does a special event for another one of the games, I’ll be tempted to grab them too… :thinking2:

Just bought a RetroTINK 2xPro, looking forward to giving that a shot tomorrow. For anyone that doesn't know, it'll basically let me connect old consoles to it, and then HDMI out from that to any more modern TV without introducing any lag. I tried using my NES for the first time in a while the other day and couldn't remember what channel I used to tune it to to get it to work on my HDTV, so now I don't have to worry about it any more.

This is one of the best TAS runs of Super Metroid i've ever seen.

• Like 1

Diablo 2 remaster open beta is coming up soon. If you pre-ordered it's this weekend, ff not, it's next weekend.

You gonna play this weekend?  We have the Center Zoom.  Maybe when it's just you, me, and KK, we can just play that. :rotfl: 

I didn't pre-order, so no. Also Saturday is the wedding i'm going to, which is at 5:30.

Accusations of foul play surface around recent ground breaking retro game auctions.

I've been hearing about this in the gaming podcasts I listen to, and people are saying it's sounding like a money laundering scheme, which wouldn't really surprise me. Super Mario 64 recently sold for 1.56 million dollars, which I think is way far off from what that game should cost, as I imagine it isn't all that rare. 

Microsoft Gampass Ultimate now has a built in game streaming service for both PC mobile.

I teated it out on my computer and phone using a Injustice 2 as aframerate test and to feel for input lag, and it passed with flying colors for me. I highly recommend checking it out if you have gamepass ultimate.

Just started Guardians of the Galaxy. So far the combat isn't really grabbing me. Quill's guns have a cooldown mechanism and they get to full heat too quickly. I assume that's something I can upgrade down the line, at least.

Yeah, there's an upgrade to slow the heat increase, as well as a "quick reload" one where when it overheats you hit the button at the right time and it instantly refreshes (and does a good chunk of damage I believe).

I'm enjoying it so far. The story is really fun, and the interactions between characters are exactly what I was hoping for. The combat DOES feel a little clunky, but isn't awful and with some of the upgrades and other abilities it may smoothen out a bit.

10 minutes ago, Mera'din said:

I'm enjoying it so far. The story is really fun, and the interactions between characters are exactly what I was hoping for. 

Yeah, I can totally see that being what keeps me interested. I saw a bit of the story a bit further in than I am (around when the title card shows up) and like you said, the interactions are on point.

ukpd199.jpg

Got these bad boys today.  Unfortunately I can't pair them to my 8bitdo adapter in Android right now but they work fine in Windows so I dicked around with some N64 games on the PC for a bit.  Controller definitely feels right. :O

• Shiny 1

It'd be real sad if Nintendo couldn't get their own controllers correct. Also, you should see about getting the Japanese Genesis controllers for that hot 6 button action.

On 10/29/2021 at 12:13 AM, MT said:

It'd be real sad if Nintendo couldn't get their own controllers correct. Also, you should see about getting the Japanese Genesis controllers for that hot 6 button action.

I actually specifically wanted a 3 button.  I had to settle for 6 button ones a while back which I also still have. :P

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WP2ZYNR/

Hah yeah this generation with the whole "leap to 3D" was never going to age super well imo.  I've looked back at old PS1 games too and have been like jesus christ what the fuck. :rotfl: 

More fuel for the trash fire that is Activision Blizzard

A report by the Wall Street Journal reveals additional stories of employee misconduct and evidence that Kotick was not only aware of these controversies but that he neglected to inform Activision’s board of directors of several of them. The report also alleges that Kotick himself has been accused of mistreating women over the years.

Also, the board members are apparently standing behind him.

I can accept good things for bad reasons if it results in a positive change.

9 hours ago, MT said:

Actually, this is both better and worse than expected from what I've read.

These particular shareholders are an activist shareholder group that have been criticizing Kotick for a long time already (which speaks well of them), however their "4.8 million shares" between them only account for 0.6% of the company so unless some other major shareholders jump on board it's not likely to lead anywhere. 😕 

Well considering how hard the stock prices are tanking due to his poor decisions that may happen

Yeah, that will be the real thing that will get something to happen at this point, so hopefully it keeps tanking.