Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MT

[Gaming Chat]

Also I'll ask again because NO ONE SAID ANYTHING.

WHO IS PLAYING DMC5?

j49qusdgk9311.jpg

Too broke. Playing Yakuza Kiwami atm tho. 

kiryu chaaaaaaaan!

• Like 1

Played the first two missions, haven't gone back. Not because I didn't enjoy it, I just haven't had the urge.

The first 2 missions were the worst in the entire game. 

The Shimano fight was massive amounts of BS.

Fuck that fight. Glad I pushed through it tho. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Galeigh said:

Too broke. Playing Yakuza Kiwami atm tho. 

kiryu chaaaaaaaan!

Only Platinum Trophy I have that I'm legitimately proud of

35742807766_e8114f2ca3.jpg?resize=427,24

• ROFL 1

I really want to play Sekiro though. That's gonna be all I hear about for the next week lol.

I am pretty much gonna tune aaaaallll that out til I can buy it. 

• Like 1

Sekiro's combat looks amazing. I'm really interested in checking it out.

He had to of made an exception in DS2 tho. The furnace boss and that fucking aoe is unavoidable hits. 

Impressive but why does he hate himself so much? :rotfl:

That legitimately sounds like fucking torture. :rotfl:

2 hours ago, Galeigh said:

He had to of made an exception in DS2 tho. The furnace boss and that fucking aoe is unavoidable hits. 

The Smelter Demon is an optional boss. You can just ignore him and not deal with his bullshit, which is what I'm guessing he's done.

Weird, I don't remember him being optional.

Yup. You know the giant square room of fire in the middle of that area? If you put the fire out, there's a ladder inside that you climb up and it puts you after the Demon. It does mean you can't access the bonfire you would nornally get to if you do beat him though.

On 3/21/2019 at 11:30 PM, webhead said:

Also I'll ask again because NO ONE SAID ANYTHING.

WHO IS PLAYING DMC5?

j49qusdgk9311.jpg

I've watched some people playing DMC5 on Twitch. And my main takeaway is that V has a very punchable face and I hate him.

I laugh at him.  He isn't a cocky asshole or anything but the emo getup reminds me of Donte mixed with Adam Driver. :rotfl:

His gameplay is also crazy as fuck.  Very different.

I wish I had a little more time/mental energy for gaming but in fits and bursts I'm currently playing:

Okami HD

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

One Piece: World Seeker

Overwatch

I'm currently playing Wind Waker HD on Hero Mode. I have 4 games left on my Xbox 360/Wii U backlog (Twilight Princess HD, Xenoblade Chronicles X and The Witcher 2) and I want to finish those up so I can just play Switch/3DS/Sony going forward

I may have spent lile 2 hours last night on the mini car racing mini game in Yakuza Kiwami last night. 

• Like 1
  • ROFL 1

Hollow kniiiight. Getting ready to do godmaster content. And some Pokemon (Renegade) Plantinum as my chill game. I have too many switch games to catch on lol.

4 minutes ago, Galeigh said:

I may have spent lile 2 hours last night on the mini car racing mini game in Yakuza Kiwami last night. 

Also can confirm. I hear the menu music in my sleep.:ugh:

I've been trying to get some games from my backlog finished, as well as keeping up with new games. So at the moment, I'm switching between Sekiro, and Far Cry Primal. Not the greatest Far Cry game ever, but I'm not hating it

That game seemed very forgettable.  I started Far Cry 4 a bit ago with MT.  Need to maybe get back to that again after I finish DMC5. :thinking2:

It's just a lot of 'oh, I need to make more arrows, let me stop what I'm doing and go find some sticks for 5 minutes' which is fine in a survival game, but an FPS type game? Yea...

Probably better off playing Horizon Zero Dawn in that case. :lol:

Dude, HZD is such a good game, I'd happily play that through a 2nd or 3rd time.

Still need to get the platinum for that one :lurk:

I had that next on my list of things to play and then i bought one piece: world seeker ;;>__>

• Like 1

The industry will be better when EA lays itself off and all its shadily acquired IPs go to dev teams that give a shit about more than bleeding their demographic dry. Same with Activision. I truly hope that loot boxes and similar microtransactions get categorized as gambling by the FTC (which is currently investigating it in the US, Canada, Australia, etc) This nickel and diming of players has become a widely used business model and it needs to stop. The industry and even mobile gaming would be better off without it. I'd much rather play mobile games that I pay $3-10 for then something I have to constantly watch ads in or get screwed while pay to win whales destroy any and all balance.

God please let it almost be ready.  My body is ready. :shiny:

Risk of Rain 2 was just announced at PAX, and it's out in Early Access on Steam. And until 3/30 at 12 pm Pacific, if you buy the game, you get a free copy to gift to a friend. :O

Nice, RoR was really fun.

I know I played it some.  Should put in some more time and see how I feel.  That BOGO deal is cool.

Man, actually watching Risk of Rain 2 just disappoints me. I think it being in 3D just makes it more unfair, since you can constantly get attacked from behind and not see it coming.

Apparently I need to watch some videos on this.  Didn't even realize they changed that lol.

Oh. It looks SUPER different from the original Risk of Rain. 

Where are you seeing Remastered and Regular versions?  I'm looking around and I only see one version in a combo and the same version where you can buy them separately.

You buy that, and there are two ways to play each game. 

ZaGILUg.jpg

Ahhhh excellent.  I think I'm gonna buy. :O

Rage 2 will have a code that unlocks the NBA Jam announcer, and apparently this is not an actual April Fool's joke

FYI, since there were a LOT of posts about Final Fantasy, I split them into their own topic:

• Like 1

I'm obviously very late to the party, but I snagged Diablo 3 (Switch) on sale a few weeks back and have been working my way through the single player campaign. Having fun with it so far. 

You ever play on PC?  I was tempted to get it on Switch but I realized that I don't really like playing that game alone.

Nah, I never got it / played it prior to getting the Switch version. I think my MacBook would run it but it might not be super smooth. And I think I would have a hard time going to keyboard+mouse controls since my first experience is on console. I actually quite like the control setup on the Switch controller. So it's all Switch version for me.