Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MT

[Gaming Chat]

You ever play Diablo 2 and stuff back in the day?  It's strange for me to even think of playing the game on a controller after the disgusting number of hours I've put into both D2 and D3. :lol:

I played the shit out of Diablo 2 all through high school and kept playing on and off over the years. I still fire it up every now and then! But I would probably also like playing D2 with a controller if the controls were setup similarly. They're fairly different games though. 

This is awesome. :O

No thanks! :thumbs:

I've never even heard of that game.  I guess...that might be cool?  I don't know.  People that liked it seemed to love it I guess.

Its not a bad game. I remember playing it on Gamecube. 

Finally caved and got a switch. Only got Let's Go Eevee, Smash, Diablo 3 and Happy Birthdays so far but Zelda, Dragon Cafe, Mario Kart, Mario Party, Mario Odyssey, Yoshi"s Crafted World are on the horizon. And Animal Cross/Pokemon Shield/Link's Awakening remake on launch day ;)

You post all your games in 2 topics and somehow miss the topic literally labeled "List Your Switch Games" :rotfl:

BRO

I only have 4 games so far. It's a pretty short list. Plus I use mobile so it's usually set to most recent :shrug:

Oh boy.  How great.

tenor.gif?itemid=6118880

Better than EA. 

I would actually love to see what Psyonix can do backed by epics cash piles. 

Wow, Mega Man 11 has long levels

• Like 1

:rotfl:

• ROFL 1

And the lobbyists are already circling the waters. :rotfl: 

Not completely sure how I feel on this. The pay to win shit, definitely, but there's a lot of other shit that they can sneak into a bill like this that will be going to far.

It's doesn't need to be a bill as long as they do actually have tools in place for patents to stop it.  If you're not using the tools, it's kind of your fault.  If the tools are ineffective that's another problem.  I don't like bills like this tbh.  Like you said it sounds kind of good at first (debatable) but they're always going to sneak more shit in there.

Honestly, I am kinda with web, I don't like that it has come to this. I understand we have to have it at this point, but I would really have rather had the industry keep itself in check instead triple or quadruple dipping into this shit. 

There are no tools to stop this shit. Never was and never will be. The so called "tools" are the "are you sure you want this purchase" pop-ups. Its bollocks. 

5 hours ago, Galeigh said:

There are no tools to stop this shit. Never was and never will be. The so called "tools" are the "are you sure you want this purchase" pop-ups. Its bollocks. 

Well most games and systems require either parental authorization to use a credit card (by putting in your password) or I mean...your parent has to put the credit card in there in the first place.  If your kid is playing Fortnight, why on earth would you EVER do that? :lol:

Like, I guess I don't see how your kid is going to get into this shit without your money?  Maybe gift cards?  I don't see that as a huge problem except like telling your family members not to buy your kid those gift cards.

I dunno, I think a lot of this comes down to parents not paying attention to what their kids are doing sometimes.  Like they kind of know what they're doing but not really.  I don't want to sound judgemental, but I guess I'm just saying it's not like they're coming and magically acquiring your credit card number and stuff.  I genuinely don't know how a kid gets into this outside of parents not interested/paying attention.  Maybe I'm missing something?

• Like 1

More Randy Pitchford shit. How this guy is still in charge of Gearbox is honestly mind blowing. >_>

I'm shocked the stockholders haven't rioted by now. Randy's been nothing but bad publicity for months.

If they haven't rioted after his many many fuckups they're probably not going to now.

Probably threatening to saw everyone's families in half if he ever gets ousted.

Well half of what he says is usually a lie so not sure why they'd believe him. :xd:

How do they know if that threat his the half of him that lies? :P

Because what is he actually going to do?  Lie them to death? :rotfl:

You don't know if he's lying about sawing people in half, why risk it?

• ROFL 1

On 5/9/2019 at 11:31 PM, MT said:

This shit has bummed me out immensely. I've been a viewer of his for almost 7 years. Everything he's built up to this point is gone. Like why even get married if you know you'll suck at it. Can't be more disappointed and disgusted right now...

This is really good. Everyone should watch it. Well, everyone that's beaten the game anyway, because y'know...spoilers.

Was announced today that Big Bad Wolf Studio (the studio that made 'The Council' ) is doing a Vampire: The Masquerade game. I'm not exaggerating when I say that ever since I played episode 1 of The Council, this is EXACTLY what I wanted to see come out of this studio. The style and game elements of that game all felt like they were MADE for a World of Darkness game and I am beyond excited. 

https://www.rpgsite.net/news/8483-an-additional-vampire-the-masquerade-rpg-is-in-development-more-information-to-come-at-this-year-s-gamescom

• Like 1

This looks like it might be fun, it's Crazy Taxi meets Snake.

That's all well and good for things in the long run, but how about we start simple and just finally fucking do cross platform games, Sony? :rotfl: 

Baby steps!

That announcement is basically nothing.  They're going to use Azure.  Which basically just means they aren't going to use another cloud provider like AWS.  And they might do AI stuff together.  Like...not even baby steps.  It's basically a baby fart. :rotfl:

Blizzard tried to warn them about this years ago too when demand was really coming to a head before they decided to finally go ahead with the thing because people wouldn't shut up. :rotfl: 

• Like 1

As someone who got a taste of vanilla (had to go through it to get to TBC, where I started) I knew it was gonna be like this. At the time it was all well and fine, but technology marched ever forward making it possible to add all the features wow has now. People these don't even remember what classic was really like anymore, rose tinted goggles blind them to the truth. 

Or, most of those bug reports are from people who never played vanilla in the first place :shrug:

image.png.84bb3d98895442ad849eacdce1e1e430.png

They claim they'll update both apps far more frequently now with them split.  That's fine I guess?  I dunno.  It doesn't really bother me that much.  I don't really need Steam on my phone except to use the chat functions so really...they should have just converted the main app to Steam chat. :rotfl: