Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Anelle

The Squirmy Puppy Pub

Siiigh, gonna have to take a trip to Memphis to see my grandma alive for probably the last time. My relationship with her has strained over the years, but she doesn't deserve what she's going through...

All the hugs and feels your way hun.

Welp, so much for that. She passed away this Thursday morning while I was at work. Left work early, on/off crying all morning. I'm on bereavement leave and will still be heading down to Memphis Friday through the weekend.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Especially when you didn't get the chance to say what you wanted. :(

• Like 1

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that. Be safe in your travels. =( 

• Like 1

Fuck.  I'm really sorry to hear that.  Sorry for your loss. :(

:hug:

• Like 1

:( I'm so sorry. I hope she's at peace and the trip brings a little comfort in some shape or form.

• Like 1

Thank you all for your well wishes. I'm doing better and still have some feelings to work out. but I still feel for my mom and aunt as they are still clearing out her house and squaring away with final actions on her behalf.  Funeral was a mixed bag as some people are awful and loove to make things about themselves at the worst times.

Good news though, the lead position that I thought I got rejected for,  well I got a call in today to come in thursday for an interview! I hope for the best; I've outgrown my part time job and its pay isn't helping much anymore, so fingers crossed.

• Like 4

SENDING ALL THE GOOD JUU JUU AT YOU!

• Like 1

Whooooooo gurl yaas!

Yesssss!! Well done!

It's so weird how life can throw bad and good things your way relatively all at once. :heart:Hope the new job is a step up and is good to you. :unkeke:

Glad to hear some good news! Congrats! 

My life's a bit of a mess right now but I'm not really comfortable going into detail beyond saying Lee and I are both OK, it's friends that might as well be family that aren't. In good news though, Iconcon is happening soon and assuming he isn't too busy being old that means we'll see Maha \o/ Really looking forward to that. 

Also I have like.... infinite fajita leftovers in the fridge because we went to our fav mexican place two nights in a row (first time was just for a date/treat, then some friends came into town and were like hey wanna go to your fav place?) so that is just the absolute best thing possible

• Like 2

Sorry that shit is sucking but I'm glad you've had some silver lining to it. *hugs* We love you guys!

Hope your friends make it through ok Nelle. Y'all have fun at Iconcon!

Soooo, a Deer rammed the front door at my work and took out the glass. A old lady was almost trampled when it came charging, but ultimately got out of the way so no one got hurt.  

The Deer just ran off afterwards leaving all of wondering WTF just happened :lol:

Deer are dangerous dumbasses, lol.  Also, Gal, why you gotta snipe the Spinel avatar on both forums...:lurk:

As for the new job, I'm hoping to start soon as I'm done at Shaw after the 17th. The new boss really needs me there and he's ticked the office haven't emailed/ called me yet.

1 hour ago, Deszae said:

Also, Gal, why you gotta snipe the Spinel avatar on both forums...:lurk:

Spinel_Dance.gif.f2712cfe21f91329fcd07e802a3ca75f.gif

3 hours ago, Galeigh said:

Soooo, a Deer rammed the front door at my work and took out the glass. A old lady was almost trampled when it came charging, but ultimately got out of the way so no one got hurt.  

The Deer just ran off afterwards leaving all of wondering WTF just happened :lol:

Didn't know you were at a hair salon. 

• Like 1
  • ROFL 1

Fortunately the deer that attacked our door didn't make it inside (we have a 2 door entryway and it only went through 1) cause I work at a daycare and there were kids right inside the entrance waiting to be picked up. 

God, these things are fuckin' idiots. They wouldn't piss me off so much if they weren't getting people hurt/killed because of it. There are too many damn deer on post, tbh, and they are Everywhere.

If they allowed you to shoot them inside the city, I guarantee this would stop happening. :rotfl:

• Like 1

I wish the base allowed seasonal hunting, cuz that would solve the problem reeeal quick. Lotsa of huntsmen/ butchers on post so the kills would go to waste. :P

No hunting allowed of any kind because they want to keep it natural, but c'mon...

update: Friend is OK now, still lots of rocky days ahead tho. MAHA WAS OLD AND DIDN'T COME TO ICONCON SO HE IS DEAD TO ME FOREVER

no deer have crashed through any windows here, although we did have a whole bunch of tornados pass by us last week. Closest one was like... a mile away or something dumb. We're fine, and amazingly no one was killed even though there was lots of damage so \o/ fuck you tornado

• Like 1

Glad things are doing okay there for the most part. We've been slightly having some crazy weather here to where we've been having flood warnings near main rivers but overall nothing yet. Winter should be fun.

Here's the icing to that shit cake. When I got off Wednesday my car had a flat tire, the spare blew a while back and I haven't been able to replace it. It's also 130 in the morning so I had no one to call for a ride and too broke for an uber. So I had to walk home on a cold ass night while still recovering from Bronchitis.

So naturally it got worse the next day. So there I was, sick as a dog, barely able yo walk a straight line, 0 sleep from coughing all night running around trying to get my tire fixed. 

Tl;dr walked home from work due to flat tire and had a shitty day as a result.

• Sad 1

Duuuude that totally sucks. I hope you feel better soon. :(

6 hours ago, Galeigh said:

Here's the icing to that shit cake. When I got off Wednesday my car had a flat tire, the spare blew a while back and I haven't been able to replace it. It's also 130 in the morning so I had no one to call for a ride and too broke for an uber. So I had to walk home on a cold ass night while still recovering from Bronchitis.

So naturally it got worse the next day. So there I was, sick as a dog, barely able yo walk a straight line, 0 sleep from coughing all night running around trying to get my tire fixed. 

Tl;dr walked home from work due to flat tire and had a shitty day as a result.

Dude just... Text one of us to send you an Uber or something in that kinda situation.  Jesus.  Seriously.  That's fucking depressing and I'd gladly help you. :(

One shitty day plus a med/exhaustion induced sleep = A much better next day.

It sucked ass but it's over. 

Well yeah but you know... You have shit luck sometimes so... We're here!

5 hours ago, webhead said:

We're here!

tszCfsP.gif

• Like 1

Made marshmallows today. Will report back on them tomorrow as they take hours to setup. 

IMG_20191223_104847.thumb.jpg.9710a7241d2e62843663851117c62d43.jpg

Also, @Jane they have now moved to my son's room. 

IMG_20191223_180510.thumb.jpg.80df32dae115063ae96a597968b3dc42.jpg

• Like 2

Huh.  Never tried making marshmallows.  Curious how that goes. :ponder:

They taste like marshmallows. Waiting to see how they do in hot chocolate later. Overall not too hard to make. I may test smores later as well. 

15772054836507788254643907897628.thumb.jpg.93ebb85a97bd2dba76621c6d200872b9.jpg

• Like 1

Happy Christmas Eve guys! :santa:

2 hours ago, h2ojunkie said:

They taste like marshmallows.

well i would goddamn well hope so

• ROFL 2

SO GATHER ROUND FOR A TALE OF WHY MY FAMILY IS WEIRD AND KINDA DUMB THAT DOESN'T INVOLVE COVID (WELL, IT DOES BUT NOT AS THE MAIN FOCUS)

My grandmother, who is in her mid 90s, has finally started having some health issues that have hampered her independence so my eldest aunt has been staying with her a lot to help out and make her feel more secure. So Aunt K is in the den watching tv and she hears Mimi call out to her "K...bring me a hoe." Turns out she'd seen a fucking snake in her bedroom and her instinct is shit, get me a hoe i'm gonna FUCK THIS SNAKE UP. Mimi's a tough lady. Aunt K, however, is not.

Instead of being like oh shit yeah lemme grab one, K flies into hysterics, shrieking and freaking out and panicking more when there is no hoe to be found and the snake vanishes (it hid from the chaos) and they end up calling my uncle, who comes over, catches this lil harmless snake and releases it out back. This is not enough, so then they must venture into town in search of a Snake Hoe in case of future snake alerts, but, GASP! No shop in their small town has any hoes! DAMN YOU, CORONAAAAAAAAAA

So by this point my parents, who are planning to come up for a family gathering anyway because my family is a bunch of idiots, are like no need to worry! We in the BIG TOWN will get a hoe! So they do. They make it halfway to my grandmothers before being informed that one (1) Snake Hoe is not enough. Mimi requires one for her bedroom and one for the back porch now. So, they stop and get another hoe.

Fast forward to now, Aunt K tells my mom that she's bought some big rubber rain boots to wear as snake precaution, because that's totally rational and how you should react to a lil garter snake.

Moral of the story is I just like to tell this so I can say "snake hoe"

• ROFL 2

So now I can add Snake Hoe to my list of weird things I have learned about like Poop Knife. :xd:

Man, y'all ain't ever heard of Snake Hoes?

Remember I've only traveled as far as AZ for a hot second (which I know hardly makes a shit difference ) but nope , I ain't heard of no snake hoe. I've got gardening hoe, sexy hoe and Idahoe :P

Snake hoe is just a gardening hoe you kill snakes with

• Like 1

FUCK ALL OF YOU IT'S THIS TOPIC AGAIN

I've had a lot going on in a short span of time and I have to ramble about it a lot just to process it so some of y'all might have already heard some of this 10 times but I appreciate anyone who reads.

Unexpectedly lost the uncle I was closest to a few weeks ago. He collapsed at home and coded at least 3 times between then and when he made it to the hospital so he was already gone but we still had to wait several days and confirm that he wasn't coming back. Once we knew that, my aunt and cousins were able to proceed with funeral plans and thankfully they opted for close family to be able to go to a small graveside service, and that included us. So we threw shit in the car and hauled ass 10 hours to attend that. It was the first time in quite a few years that the entire side of that family, all the aunts and uncles and cousins, were gathered in one place. Usually one or more family is split off at holidays or schedules just don't line up. So it was incredibly bittersweet.... we were the most whole we'd been in a while but with a huge loss. The obvious hurt aside, it was still a wonderful visit in the end. Spent a couple of days there then headed back home. Very exhausting.

Then a few nights ago we had the windows open to enjoy the rainy air and lee messages me something along the lines of "hey go to the window and see if you hear a cat" Welp, sure as shit I did and we went hunting for this kitten that was calling for its mom. Followed the sound to a neighbor's car, knocked on their door to explain the situation and ask if they'd pop the hood and allow us to rescue it, so we searched and rooted around and did all sorts of crap and about an hour later pulled a lil black kitten out! We're both still exhausted and emotionally vulnerable and after spending so much time and effort rescuing the thing we fell in love pretty quick and now, unless our other cats simply can't accept him, we have a new kitten. 

IT'S A LOT OF CHANGE BUT KITTENNNNNNNN

ok thanks bye i needed that ramble

That is a lot to unload. But I am glad you were able to vent. Also I missed this thread.

First off my condolences for your loss. I can only imagine how aggravating it was to have to wait before moving along with the services.

Secondly KITTY!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Shiny 1

Thank you ❤️ It was just more heartbreak, because his body was technically alive but they couldn't do proper tests for brain activity for a few days so even though we all knew deep down that it was the end, we had no idea what the timeline would be. Once they confirmed it and he did fully pass on thankfully my aunt and cousins were able to move arrangements along pretty quick, although i might have to pay a visit to the funeral home and fart in all the employees faces because they were SUPER unprofessional but that's a whole other kettle of shit. 

Mostly I'm just thankful that due to vaccines and lee's job being awesome about the whole situation we were able to go out to his funeral. 

Plus now I got this adorable lil kitten to help me through my grief! Cutest lil fucker you ever saw. Still working on a name that fits, started with Blade (suggested by neighbor as short for Fanblade) but now I'm calling him Percy because we have a black cat decoration I call Percy and it's a cute name :D

• Like 1