Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Anelle

The Squirmy Puppy Pub

As web says. We got you fam. :love3:

Got the confirmation e-mail today.  My application made it through the system. 

• Like 5

cFR5GbX.gif

That's never encouraging Wab

Little Steel is doing much better, except she absolutely refuses to eat. I've offered a lot of things. She gets upset and refuses with all her might. I don't quite suspect MBD as much as I did before, but it's still a very looming possibility because she just. won't. fucking. eat. At this point I'm ready to classify her as non-releasable, which means I'm about to start the process of finding a rehabber to be her forever home. EAT, YOU ADORABLE LITTLE SHIT.

Tomorrow we take our cat Boog to get a weird lump biopsied so please send good vibes for that. I'm very scared. She's the first "real" pet I've ever had. 

Good luck Anelle!

After being sick as a dog for 4 days and replacing a car battery I am actually enjoying being back at work. 

Interview for lead position is tomorrow at 3pm

Good luck Nelle!  I'm sure it'll be fine!

Vet says it's just a little fatty mass, so yay! Still gotta keep a regular check on it to make sure it doesn't morph but god damnit am I ever relieved.

• Like 3

Yay!

• Shiny 1

I'm glad it was nothing major! *hugs*

• Shiny 1

My interview went well. Just waiting on the bureaucratic part to finish up. 

• Like 2

nice!!

• Shiny 1

Whoot!

• Shiny 1

POSSUMWATCH 2019: Today Lee changed Steel's name to Filigree, which suits her much better. So now she's Fili for short. On Sunday I'm gonna hand her off to my mentor so that she can try and get her to eat and then we'll go from there as to what her future will be. Lee and I are extremely attached, so it's gonna be sad to not be the ones to raise her anymore, but that's part of rehab! You love them and then you let them go one way or another. The others are growing rapidly, and are smelly adorable little monsters who think they should be provided with food any time I move near them. They've had solids introduced so I get to smell their rank poo, my life is nothing but glamour. Soon they'll be big enough to move to the big cage on the porch!

Fili has taken a turn for the worse, suddenly has swelling on part of her face. I hope she makes it long enough to get to my mentor since she has way more supplies and experience than I do so she can try some last ditch efforts, but in reality this lil baby was always a "failure to thrive" and I've been keeping her going. She's loved her tiny life though, so while I really hope it doesn't end now, I can know she was happy.

Wildlife rehab is really hard sometimes. 

To not be a total sadsack--- went to a bunch of thrift stores today and got some stuff for the blog I help with and that was a lot of fun! 

sadsack update: Fili passed away tonight. 

• Sad 1

Poor wee girl. :( You did a great job for her. :heart:

Thanks y'all, I'm pretty devastated by this one since I had to treat her as if I was sure she was going to become someone's companion. It really really helps to have support, I love y'all ❤️ 

*hugs Nelle*

Sorry Nelle.  :(

:hug:

Thanks again, y'all. If a dwarf opossum ever comes my way again, I'm gonna be better prepared to help them. Fili's legacy! 

meanwhile, the other 5 are exploding in size and just about ready to move outside and they're so fucking cute y'all god I love opossums

It's awesome that you have something that makes you so passionate. ❤️

• Shiny 1

The others were officially moved to the porch cage the other day and they LOVE it! They're not impressed with the weather but they gotta learn how to deal with that lol

Gettin' me one of them spine injections on Friday, yeehaw

• Like 2

You're getting a spine injected? Neat!

if only

That doesn't sound fun. :( Hope it goes ok and that you can have a treat afterwards!

Comet's going to the vet tomorrow to get his teeth looked at - they seem ok in themselves but for a young dog he's got quite a lot of tartar on his back teeth.. so the vet's going to get rid of it and check the rest of his mouth out while he's there.

Long story - we tried to get him used to having his teeth brushed from a young age, but we tried both nylon and rubber dog toothbrushes and it was one of the few things he'd be really difficult and uncooperative about (he's great about being bathed and fine with having his fur brushed, if slightly impatient sometimes, but will squirm and try to get away at any toothbrushing attempts). We thought he hated the brushes (he definitely wasn't a massive fan of them), but after quite a bit of trying and then trying to get him to eat a bit of the toothpaste on his own, we realised that it was the dog toothpaste that he hated - he was wrinkling his nose and smacking his lips at it, looking disgusted. I looked up reviews on Amazon and it turns out that about 50% of all dogs absolutely loathe this toothpaste. We got another one which he doesn't seem to hate, but he doesn't love it either and he'd decided by that point that having one's teeth brushed is Not A Good Experience. 

:| We're hoping the vet will have some tips to make it easier.

37223036_285174395396003_622787904222632

• ROFL 4

Got the call today. I got the lead position :mosh:

• Like 4

Nice!!! Way to go!!!

• Like 1

Yay money! :shiny:

20 hours ago, Galeigh said:

Got the call today. I got the lead position :mosh:

Yeah! Congrats! :cheers::unkeke:

Comet's back from the vet - a bit tired and dopey from the anaesthetic still, but his teeth were fine so he's all in one piece. :D He's just had a scale and polish.

Whoohoo! Go Gal!

Today is day off so it's been laid back. We're in the mid 70's right now so I've been checking the garden, running a couple errands. Starting to go through my camping gear and see what needs to be cleaned, touched up, replaced for June Faire in a couple weeks. Good day off is Good. ?

welp my mentor sent her husband and one of her sons to fetch a cage from me and these fuckers stroll in to my house with a cardboard box tied up with a bow that has "Happy Mothers Day" written on it

baby possum inside

I can't even be mad lmao

• ROFL 2

YOU NEED TO START POSTING PICS 

we have very strict rules we follow as far as posting things, but i do share things on snapchat sometimes with the caveat of no screenshotting! I'll post a few pics sometime though

• Like 1

maaaaaaaaaaan damn rules

So today I found out one of the family dogs is terminally ill. Vet gave 2-3 weeks at the most. 

oh fuck dude I'm so sorry. That shit is hard. Wanna share stories about the dog?

Man I'm so sorry. I would love to hear pet stories.

Thanks for passing the word. I tend to drop in and lurk a bit but it's pretty much short spurts now.

I only found out about it because Slyph brought it up in the Discord

Other than that bit of news. Weekend was good weekend.
Friday was day off and worked on chores and costuming.
Sat worked early shift then did inventory check with Ren-Faire Guild leader.
Today was laundry, getting lunch and mead with a friend. Got a new blueberry french toast and dragons blood from my meadery. Then had dinner and watched last of GoT with my Cat Cosplay friends.

I have my suspicions that Daisy (the Mother's Day baby poss) is a dwarf like Fili was... so this is an interesting journey. She doesn't seem food repulsed the way Fili was but she's still a little too weak to try eating on her own so we'll see. I'm seeing lots of dwarf babies in my FB groups too, moreso than last year... might be year of the dwarf possies

• Like 1

Roomie has flown off for his parents so I'll have the place to myself! Other than work today I went out and finally bought a new vacuum since our last one broke shortly after we moved here. (Thank gods for hardwood floors to make it semi-easy) So today is a deep cleaning while Netflix is running in the background.

• Like 1

yesssssss a good deep cleaning day is good for the soul

Especially while the day is sunny and I can have the windows/sliding back door open to air out. (And clean out some of the roomie's bedroom because he's bad about it! )

hell yeah, even better

• Like 1