Sign in to follow this  
Anelle

The Squirmy Puppy Pub

6 hours ago, Anelle said:

yesssssss a good deep

:aroused:

• ROFL 1

go away, you're gross

Is that his way of saying Jovanna needs to do some good deep on him? Like a cavity search deep?

o3xrXqB.gif

• ROFL 3

Finally got all the paperwork done for the promotion. Once I get the firm offer email I will officially be a lead. 

• Like 2

Busy weekend was busy but semi good.
Was part of a big parade to promote Ren-faire I work for. Then spent the rest of the weekend hanging out with a couple friends and their kid. Something I do from time to time. Today though while the wifey was at work me and the hubby go out and hang in a park with their daughter, who is 4. She's a total dork but a cutie and the park we chose has a nice foresty path to a beach but as we got closer to the beach itself it was kind of a slippery down slope so I'm telling her to be careful and wait for daddy to help her down. Well once she was clear and I tried to go down without help I did the exact opposite of what I told her and slipped, tried to break my fall with the tree and failed. Tumble rolled into the brambles and slammed onto my back onto the sand. So picture below is thankfully the worst of my injuries along with a couple more scratches on my right side and a bruise on my left knee. After making sure I was fine I tell my friend's 4 year old and told her "This is why you listen to mommy and daddy, because I failed to do that"

image.thumb.png.8008f2054d1a27374b2837dae2ecfa22.png

Also quoted from Goro on my FB about this "Wow looks like your 4 songs into a My Chemical Romance album, ouch all the same" :rotfl: fucking asshole (sick burn tho really)

• ROFL 2

3 days til the Cruise but my vacation starts tomorrow.

• Like 1

Niiiiiice what kind of cruise?

Tomorrow I leave for one of my nerdy medieval things. :P I'll be back Sunday.

Been a while since POSSUMWATCH 

Daisy, my current little tiny one I got on Mother's Day is really starting to perk up and become active! Lots of love and care has gone in to her so far.... She is blind in one eye, and the other ain't that great. Her growth is stunted too, but tonight we had a HUGE breakthrough where she lapped some formula on her own! huge huge HUGE deal. So now I have to keep working with her to get her fully eating on her own.... and then we figure out who's gonna take her to be her forever home. If we can't find one, then we will keep her ourselves... but I'd really rather her go to someone with more resources who would be active with her as an ambassador animal! 

Still a long long way to go to get to that point. She's a good poss.

• Like 1
  • Shiny 1

NICE!  I wish good luck and fortune to everyone for the next week (possums included)

see you when we get back.

God the last few days have been insane.

So I had one of my SCA events over the weekend. This one is our Spring-Summer open to the public demo event where we demo all the things we do to Moderns as we call them (kinda think of it like Muggles i guess?). Thurs and Fri set up day. Sat is the demo. And Sunday is remainder of tourneys and tear down. Got home from tear down around 5ish, unloaded car, showered, ate and then passed the fuck out before working today. Tomorrow is a day off to do all the laundry, car wash and what not. So very tired. but loads of fun with good friends.

We back from the cruise, but not home yet. We gonna be stayin the night in memphis. Tomorrow I am gonna do a pic dump when I get back to my comp. 

• Like 1

Had a lot of fun on the cruise. We boarded in New Orleans, went through the gulf of Mexico, docked at Cozumel and Progreso, and looped back. My ma's wedding ceremony had us busy at first, and there where so many fun things to do and food to eat. And those cocktails make me want to learn drink mixing.:smileguzzle:Five days wasn't enough, I tell ya. 10/10 will do again.

Photo Dump!

New Orleans Port

20190610_165124.thumb.jpg.3989d208319dbc45ac9fc5f902a8684b.jpgDocked at Cozumel.

20190608_155022.thumb.jpg.6dd4898fb11e9c43b16f6ad3131d2b46.jpgDance party with the Cat in the Hat crew, lol.20190611_133933.thumb.jpg.2d85dc12fd343a2e7b0c5fc0c7a99161.jpgProgreso port was cool.20190613_125523.thumb.jpg.cdd21e6fb548ac5d247d2a4ada33de23.jpgSmoked Salmon BLT at Petite Amelie. Lordy, this was amazing!

Edited by Deszae
Formatting...
  • Like 2

GIMME DAT BLT! :betty:

• Like 1

The food at Petite Amelie was amazing. All of it. 100% recommend if you are ever in New Orleans. 

things have been busy lately and i have the attention span of a gnat 

but Daisy is finally growing! She's still pretty fragile, but has tons of energy and finally that scale is showing bigger numbers. 

also right now our a/c is borked because frozen bits so i'm probably gonna die of heat bye

• Like 1

Just do what Ghost did and move up to WA. We got shit ton of possums up here too!

So, for about a month and a half now i've been dating this guy, and things have been going pretty wonderfully. He recently found out he's going to be getting laid off in a few weeks, and it's gotten him all out of sorts. I was really hoping he would come over tomorrow and we would hang out, but now that's not going to happen, as he's not feeling like himself (according to him) lately. He had a job interview earlier this week but won't know until sometime next week if he's going to get it, so until he knows what's going to happen with his future, he doesn't feel like we should hang out. While I completely understand, I can't help but feel like this is the end of us. It's silly to be so into him this quickly, but that's just how I roll. While I feel like I know him enough to feel like this isn't an excuse, there's that part of me that just can't help but feel like it is.

I've told him I want to keep seeing him, but that i'm gonna be patient and see what happens with the job stuff. It's not going to be easy, and I really hope this isn't the end, but right now I feel like total shit, and have been crying off and on for about half an hour or so. 

My Advice? for what it's worth if you wanna keep seeing him then tell him how you feel. If he confirms it's the end then that's that, but it may be the fact that he is feeling oppressed by his employment situation that's keep him back. You cannot underestimate how much stress/depression that can bury someone under. Trust me on this, it really can be just stress he is feeling and nothing to do with you and only communicating can clarify it.

My roomie kinda went through something similar with his current new(ish) GF. They've been going out for a handful of months I think. Her mother who she had been taking care of and living with passed away recently. And there was a time where they didn't see each other for awhile and while he gave her space, he was starting to worry that things with them would fall through. He still made sure to text her and at least check in on her while giving her space, if they had plans and if she ended up feeling not up for it (like on one occasion she found some of her parents paperwork on something and it sent her in an emotional spiral) so there were times that they cancelled. But in the end, like Galeigh said, my roomie was honest with her and let her know that he was still in for this (even went to the funeral with her which she was grateful for) and they're starting to get back on track.

So no, it's not stupid that you feel something for him in a short amount of time. Your feelings are valid. And yes respect his space and give him time to sort himself out, but just make sure you're being honest with him and your feelings and even if he might not be feeling like hanging out. Let him know you're there to cheer him on when he's job hunting, or thinking of him (I'm sure this sounds rambly preaching or something so forgive me if it does) I hope things get worked out, you look cute together.

Got my backyard landscaped finally after about 2 years in the house. Went with silver travertine on top of the existing concrete patio and extending it to the planter, grass with a travertine border, raised flowerbed (which we need to paint the stucco face) with a travertine cap. We just looked at rocks today and I think we are set on river rocks to cover the remaining dirt. When it's not so hot we will plant something and maybe get a tree or two. Now I can start paying it off though ? we got a home equity line of credit with a low rate for the first year, so that's our timeframe to pay it off. IMG_20190706_183852.thumb.jpg.25a9430d585cc386ddf8cd93231ec032.jpgIMG_20190706_183915.thumb.jpg.ff1015354f3bd9b1f74d2d438bdcebbc.jpgIMG_20190706_183902.thumb.jpg.dbd19520c23422684aa8bb646e87ce7f.jpg

• Like 2

Well, i'm single again. We both want different things at this point, and it just wasn't going to work. I understand, but that doesn't make it hurt any fucking less.

I'm really sorry hun, *hugs* hope the next chapter is a more adventurous one!

Sorry to hear that MT.  It never feels good.  If you need to talk or just play a game or something let me know. :(

POSSUM WATCH 2019

Daisy is still going, she's pushing 200g and we just got a new cage that i've wanted to get for a while. Still haven't found her a new forever home, so we're worried we might end up being permanent possum parents.... not that that would be the worst thing in the world, but with 5 cats and her needing special care it's ideal for everyone if another rehabber can take her and spoil her and give her a life as an education animal! If not... guess I have a new side gig. 

• Like 1

So I don't normally talk about my family a lot, just because mostly it never really comes up in topics or anything. I got a text from my mom saying "can u talk?" so I know it's not gonna good news but it's her way of keeping me up to speed on family things she wants me to know.

My grandmother on her side has dementia. She's in her mid 90's and it began about a couple years ago which led from her living on her own in a condo, to moving to a facility when she started falling more often. And then recently being moved to a different facility where she will have much closer attention. Her heart congestion is getting worse along with her memory and has had a couple trips to hospital in this last month to where my mom and aunt who have been tag teaming to see and check in on her to where they both have the goal of making her as comfortable as possible since the back and forth from her facility to hospital is too much stress on her now. So this call was the "She's getting along okay but if you have some time soon to drop in a visit...." call.

I already had a feeling that this year might be it from mom's updates. Hell my grandma has straight up told my mom when her dementia first started that she's ready to rejoin my grandpa. I've made rough plans to try and see her on either my next day off or after one of my early shifts at work because despite what how my mom is making it sound, it may be sooner than I was thinking. And I know no matter how much you try to prepare yourself for these times when it comes it's not gonna be easy. Hell I had to keep my answers short talking to mom because I was trying to hide my voice and crying on the line just thinking about it. We've had family pass before but there are only one or two times where it's hit me hard. the last time being my grandpa.

God that sucks.  My grandma is actually in the beginning stages of dementia right now too so my heart goes out. :(

There's no way to prepare.  You just have to deal with it.  Were you super close with her?

Oh no. Dementia is such a cruel thing and no loss is ever easy...even if you try and prepare. I'm sorry =(

It really hit hard about seeing how much of her memory had gone last Christmas. Knowing how dementia works and seeing it really are two different worlds. I'm closer with her than my grandparents on my dad's side. But that's because we did more family gatherings on my mom's side since that inner circle of the family lives closer than my dad's side. (Grandparents on my dad's side used to live 2 hours away and even after moving to a facility after my grandmother on that side has fallen enough times to have both hips replaced, still lives about an hour-ish away. Aunt on that side lives just as far, uncle is the only one on that side who lives close and he's a snob ) And she's done a lot supporting me on a bunch of things in my live vs the other side of the family, even if it wasn't much. My brother is being standoffish about seeing her and my aunt's son has done his visit. I know I suck at keeping in touch in general but I know I would hate myself if I didn't at least see her soon before it finally happens.

Jesus, I don't know what to say other than My condolences.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I have been trying to keep negative RL stuff separate from my online presence since like it was said. This is something that is gonna suck when it happens. The feels got overwhelming after getting off the phone with mom and brain got to thinking about all the things of life stuff. My grandma's a fucking firecracker who's outlived her siblings, parents, and husband. Dealt with a lot of outer circle family drama like a champ. And has taught me a lot of how I wanted to be as a person. Watching her have that spark drain out of her is hard af.

You needed the workout right?

Progress. It got hot and we were tired about half way through the pile. Going to try again tomorrow. IMG_20190720_095815.thumb.jpg.59e2c45f6ae7186ed37bda9acde4f49e.jpg

It fucking sucked.  I am sore as hell today. :rotfl:

My dad was out again this morning and we made some more progress. 25 tons means business. 

IMG_20190721_092802.thumb.jpg.866be19d002256381fb9fe8624f2e518.jpg

I'm sure it's gonna look great at the end of it all!

It's all back there, but i don't want to clean it up to make it look finished right now. I'm sick of rocks ?

• Like 1
  • ROFL 2

POSSUMWATCH 2019: Daisy has a home lined up. She stays with us a few more weeks then is off to the good life! After that I should be way less frazzled and be around more lol

In other more personal news, I finally got my name changed on my license after getting married. Only took about 8 years. I wish I could have recorded the DMV worker's reaction because she was very confused.

• Like 3

On 8/6/2019 at 8:01 PM, Anelle said:

I wish I could have recorded the DMV worker's reaction because she was very confused.

image.png.b8b14f4b1b55309667be86d28178c547.png

I picture her face like this

• ROFL 1

POSSUMWATCH 2019: Daisy is still with us but her forever home is back from vacation and we're talking out details on the handoff. Turns out she works at a farm school and Daisy will be an ambassador animal there, AND she will have another NR friend there! Hopefully they get along, it's been awhile since she's been around other possums but she's made peace with the cats pretty easily when she roams around the house so here's hoping

• Like 1

As stated in other thread, just got done with the big Ren-faire I work at every Aug so other than 2 weddings to deal with in Sept-Oct. I got nothing next major planned. I'm so tired and ready for hermit mode for a bit.

Had to go in yesterday morning at 7:30AM for jury duty. Sat there for about 4 and a half hours before the "opportunity" to go to another courthouse (closer to me, thankfully) the next day to be put on a trial that could've potentially lasted ten days. Went this morning at about 9:30AM to sit in the jury waiting room until about 11:45AM when they came out and said theyw ere still trying to figure things out in the courtroom and that we were to go on lunch. Came back from lunch and waited another hour and a half only to have the judge come down and explain what was taking so long. Apparently the person on trial decided to take whatever guilty plea they were offering, so we all got sent home. From what the judge said, the person on trial ended up getting 25 years to life in prison, so luckily for me I didn't have to sit through that, as it sounds like it would've taken ages. Overall i'm upset with how much waiting around I had to do for pretty much no reason, but a little part of me is curious what the person was on trial for.

The last time I was summoned for jury duty, they gave me a group # and a phone # to call. So when I called it, a recording would tell me if my group # was needed or not for a scheduled time and when my group wasn't needed. I would just have to call back the next day. I kept that up for about a week and still didn't need my group so I stopped calling and never got word back. And haven't been summoned again yet. I would hate going through what you did since it's a pain for most to try and get time off for summons.

The time off wasn't a big deal, i'm more upset that I missed an important doctor's appointment yesterday because of it. I just wish there were a better way to do it than to just show up in the morning and wait around like an asshole. They do a similar thing here with the group number stuff. I was originally supposed to check on Friday to go in, but they didn't need me then and told me to check again Monday, which is when I found out i'd have to go the next day.

I'm also glad I can go back to work tomorrow. As far as I know, work only pays what it'd pay if I were on vacation (4 hours/day) when I work near 6, so I would've lost about 8 hours worth of pay because of it. Now i've only really lost 2 hours.

Came into work to wax the floor in one of the rooms, took 5 hours before it was ready for the first coat. 

POSSUM WATCH 2019: Daisy was handed off to her new family today! One of her new human siblings wanted to hold her on the way home but when told she was already stressed and to let her hide in her carrier and bond with her at home he happily accepted that and said he was looking forward to it, so I think it's absolutely safe to say she's in a great household.  :) (web i hate all these autosmilies, plz die)

NOW I GET TO CRY LIKE A BITCH WHILE I FINISH CLEANING OUT HER CAGE BECAUSE AUUUUUUUGH MY BABY

• Like 2

Cute in any language!