Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
webhead

Favorite Alcohol

You don't HAVE to choose only 1 if you don't want to.  Just get some conversation going. :)

Favorite Beer

Kilt Lifter.  Local (Scottish style) ale brewed in AZ that's a little more substantial than the lighter beers but not bitter af like an IPA.

Wine

I don't really drink wine but hey go for it!

Favorite Mixed Drink

Long Island Iced Tea.  Take basically major alcohol in your liquor cabinet, lime juice, and coke and throw that into a glass.  It's deceptively good tasting.  Be careful or you will incredibly fucking drunk quite rapidly.

Favorite Alcohol

Taking shots of something  or just mixing it into say Coke...have to pick between rum and whiskey.  If it's cheap stuff, I'll stick with rum.  If it's slightly nicer, I'll do whiskey.  There's a whiskey called Gentleman Jack that's a hell of a lot smoother than regular whiskey.  Goes great with everything.  Nicer rums are good too though.  That Appleton estate stuff we had in Jamaica was smooth af if you get the good one. :nod:

I really don't have a favorite beer and I know I've had this discussion with Gahleigh on what types I need to try.

Fave Ciders: Angery Orchard, ACE (especially their Pineapple and Blood Orange flavors) Strongbow

Fave Mead: Oppegaard

Fave Alchohol: Rum (Specifically Kraken), vodka, some whiskeys. Preferred mix since I can hardly do straight shots. Apple Pie w/ everclear but I can do the type with Vodka in it. Irish cream. I think that's most of it.

I came into this topic to tell you that I don't drink anymore and thus I'm better than you because of it. 

• Like 3

I don't like any alcohol straight (beer tastes of old bread, wine of dead grapes, whiskey of brackish burning water, etc), but I like vodka because it's easy to mix in with sweet fruit juice to disguise the taste. :umyeah: I also like flavoured ciders like Rekorderlig or Kopparberg.

Dude some of the ciders over there were BOMB

Fuck Buckfast tho

• ROFL 1

34 minutes ago, Tassifox said:

Dude some of the ciders over there were BOMB

Fuck Buckfast tho

LMAO.  Pretty sure Garlic gave us some of that as a present at some point. :rotfl:

Cider is legit.  That fits in the beer category!  Love cider too! :unkeke:

• Like 1

I basically just drink wine now.  Whatever is cheapest, preferably boxed. Beer and booze upsets my stomach too much these days.  Old man problems.

Oh yeah I didn't even think of wine.  I'll make a quick edit in the first post. :rotfl:

I do not drink wine generally.

@Stinkfist what's your favorite wine tho?

Oh I dont even know.  Red wine gives me the least amount of heartburn but I cant really distinguish between the different types.  I can discern between 2 different bottles, but whether it's because of the type, or the brand is beyond me.

Theres a brand called winemakers house we buy a lot.  I'm pretty sure it's a BC wine so I dont think anyone would be familiar with it.

beer: Westvleteren 12, Le Fin du Monde, Bell's Two Hearted, Old Rasputin, New Glarus Totally Naked, basically I'm one of those insufferable beer pricks

wine: p much any

mixed: don't do often but one guy at the work local has learned how to make a Wisconsin Brandy Old Fashioned Sweet so it'd be rude not to.  Or a Last Word if I can get it but nowhere ever has Chartreuse

liquor: Nikka whisky, no ice, little bit of water.  Barring that, any Islay single malt the same way.  Barring that, Jura, Bulleit, Woodford, Gentleman Jack.  Barring all of those, piss-warm Jameson.

• Like 1

Not a huge wine drinker too unless it's sweet or mead. Prophecy has a pretty good variety and a lot of my friends enjoy the Apothic brand.

1 minute ago, Tassifox said:

Not a huge wine drinker too unless it's sweet or mead. Prophecy has a pretty good variety and a lot of my friends enjoy the Apothic brand.

If you ever come to visit we will make mead for you

• Shiny 1

Mead is pretty good. :nod:

8 minutes ago, oneeight said:

If you ever come to visit we will make mead for you

Since most peeps have left that out in their profiles, where you be? Also YES PLEAZE! :love3:

The one I listed above as my favorite brand is amazing. My #1 favorite flavor from them is their Dragon's Blood (which just came back in stock PAYCHECK GET IN MY ACCOUNT SOONER PLEASE) which is a combo of raspberry, blackberry, and blueberry. I currently have a bottle of their Tropical.

The other best thing about this brand is when they have a flavor release party they have an acquaintance of mine who runs his own bakery make mead infused cheesecakes to pair with the mead. The best combo of 2 sins of life.

Wellllllllllll shit. I will definitely keep that in mind tho.

Have I mentioned they ship? (Although with all the chaos rolling with our "thing that won't be named here" idk how easy it is for him to ship things out of the country right now )

https://www.opmead.com/

• Like 1

This is my kinda topic :lol:

Beer: For a long time now my two favourites are from breweries in Toronto: Great Lakes Brewery's Pompous Ass English Ale; and Mill Street Brewery's Tankhouse Ale. I love all kinds of beer but I will turn my nose up at boring, tasteless big-name stuff (Canadian, Blue, Bud, Coors Light, various generic Euro lagers, etc). Life's too short to drink bad beer.

Wine: I mainly like reds but what I drink depends a bit on the time of year. In the summer I like something a bit lighter, top choice is usually La Vieille Ferme or a pinot noir. The rest of the year I probably take something heavier, a malbec or cab. sauv.

Mixed drink: Not something I do very much, but every now and then I like rye + ginger ale or dark rum + coke with lime. Need at least a 50/50 mix or else I'm just drinking pop and what's the point of that.

Straight up booze: Scotch for sure. I'm not a connoisseur by any means and can happily drink anything that isn't obviously cheap shit.

• Like 3

Honestly, I don't have a favorite beer or mixed drink as it's usually whatever I can afford that looks good. 

Wine: Mead, pure and simple honey wine is my absolute favorite. It's also the hardest fucking find :pissed2:

Hard Liquor: Jack Daniels Honey Jack. My first and still favorite of the bunch. I can drink this shit straight.

Honey seems to be a common theme for me when it comes to alcohol. 

• Like 1

Maybe you should look at my link ^ You'd probably like their Traditional/ Semi-Sweet or Oak Barrel flavors when they have it in stock of their store.

If I drink it's almost always either a cider (love me some Bishop Apple Pineapple!!), jack and coke or a margarita. I like fruity drunk potions too. I just don't drink much, so it doesn't take much to get me giggly so I'm a cheap date alcohol wise

39 minutes ago, Tassifox said:

Maybe you should look at my link ^ You'd probably like their Traditional/ Semi-Sweet or Oak Barrel flavors when they have it in stock of their store.

Honestly... That link has mead that's too expensive for my budget. They are also vague on the shipping details cause they are on the other side of the country from me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anelle said:

jack and coke or a margarita

giphy.gif

Margaritas are definitely nice especially here where they are frequently part of happy hours and taco Tuesday.  Oh yeah baby. :cool:

7 hours ago, little birdy said:

Beer: For a long time now my two favourites are from breweries in Toronto: Great Lakes Brewery's Pompous Ass English Ale; and Mill Street Brewery's Tankhouse Ale. I love all kinds of beer but I will turn my nose up at boring, tasteless big-name stuff (Canadian, Blue, Bud, Coors Light, various generic Euro lagers, etc). Life's too short to drink bad beer.

Great Lakes do Edmund Fitzgerald Porter which is gorgeous

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Galeigh said:

Honestly... That link has mead that's too expensive for my budget. They are also vague on the shipping details cause they are on the other side of the country from me. 

Fair enough. If you're ever curious enough I'll send you a bottle ;)

9 hours ago, oneeight said:

Great Lakes do Edmund Fitzgerald Porter which is gorgeous

Can't say I've tried it but I will keep an eye out for it! I also enjoy their IPA. Can't remember the name, but there's any octopus on the label. 

Beer: Grimbergen Dubbel on tap or La Fin du Mode

Red Wine: Nothing tannic tbh. Just anything that makes you go mm rather than bleh

White: Imma sound like a Lady who Lunches but Chard

Scotch: I like Islay scotch. so; Ardbeg or Laphroiag 

Cocktail: Depending on mood, a whiskey sour or a negroni.

Gin: Plymouth, Beefeater or... And it's hard to find in Britain, plain Bombay. (as in; not Sapphire.)
Bourbon: Bulleit

Vodka: Absolut but I'm not really a vodka drinker, never had Grey Goose for instance.

Wildcard: Sometimes I like a Fernet and Coke

Vodka is alright but I can understand not really being into any specific one.  Secret to vodka is just not having shitty vodka and you're good to go. :lol:

Best nonalcoholic drink is green tea.

It might feel classy drinking gevrey chambertain or some shit but let me tell ya boys, it doesn't feel anywhere near as classy on the way back up, or the day after being blasted at 300mph out your ass. Drink in moderation if at all

Spirits: Whisky - specifically Islay scotches. Ardbeg Uigeadail is my go-to choice, it has a nice touch of sweetness alongside the huge smokey flavour. I'm pretty partial to Armagnac as well, but I normally only bother getting one around Christmastime.

Cocktails: Generally Aperol Spritz in the daytime, Negroni in the evening.

Lighter stuff: Normally white wine. Sancerre or something similar if I feel like splashing out, but any dry white is usually pretty drinkable. Cider is good on a nice Summer's day. I very rarely drink beer though.

• Like 5

Favorite alcohol for me is red wine above all else. I have about 7 or so brands I shift through. As long as it's sweet and isn't too dry, I'll drink it. I love MD too, especially the Redgrape flavor.

I don't have a favorite mixer really, since I'll try basically anything.

Twisted tea is her favorite "mix"

Easily. 

59 minutes ago, Deszae said:

Favorite alcohol for me is red wine above all else. I have about 7 or so brands I shift through. As long as it's sweet and isn't too dry, I'll drink it. I love MD too, especially the Redgrape flavor.

I don't have a favorite mixer really, since I'll try basically anything.

Have you tried Smoking Loon? I love the merlot the best, but everything of theirs is good. 

3 hours ago, h2ojunkie said:

Have you tried Smoking Loon? I love the merlot the best, but everything of theirs is good. 

Haven't seen that one yet. I'll keep an eye for it though!

You might also like Prophecy. I like a couple of their whites and 1 red (can't remember which) but pretty tasty. And a lot of my friends are in love with Apothic wines.

Merlot is disgusting :sick:

Tastes like rotten grapes. 

Beer: whatever's on tap that's not too heavy or too cloyingly sweet

Wine: prosecco

Liquor: Cognac neat, but has to be a good cognac; or Irish whiskey.

Mixed drink: dark & stormy in a regular bar, Ramos Fizz in a good bar, hot toddy in the wintertime

So my meadery just made a new flavor that supposedly tastes like blueberry pancakes and I'm a little excited at the idea.

This thread is too quiet. And it was warm today and I don't work the next couple days so I made a boozy slushie experiment *not pictured is the hypnotiq I added in between*

image.thumb.png.fe873a2362011dda1740f1d05c8af9eb.png

image.thumb.png.5c305967b4d19d1412015f6e707b85fb.png

• Like 1

Calibrations were accurate

• Like 1

Don't think I've replied to this thread properly yet, but I just had a gin with some Fanta Pink Grapefruit, and it was nice. :liplick:

• Like 1

That sounds like it might be good.  I'd sub that for Ruby Red Squirt.  Might actually try that for the heck of it.