Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tassifox

Winter Anime 2021

I watched 3 episodes of High-rise Invasion. It's... interesting so far. Guess I wasn't expecting quite this much blood and gore. Good thing I waited until late to watch!

Kemono Jihen

Spoiler

well that was horrifying but resolved quickly lmao

• Like 1

Jujutsu:

Spoiler

Fucking Boogie Woogie!

Yass! More old man ripping jujutsu!! (Still not enough)

Wtf with blonde?

Definitely best battle I've watched so far, Todou's swap technique is awesome. 

SK:

Spoiler

Ha! Adam's bitch butler joins the tournament. 

Ooooooooh! Tadashi senseiiiiii!

I really hate these ladies. Fuck them. 

Gawd I love Langa's mom trying to trek single-parent life. 

Horimiya:

Spoiler

Kyaaaaaaa! Omg there was so much cuteness in this!!

Never would have guessed Ayashi to be an avid reader. I like that they keep breaking the stereotype.

Omg Miyamura trying to be a jerk to Hori and it's her kink. :sweat:

Omg all of this. Please keep this up!

Kemono Jihen

Spoiler

Holy shit his uncle bred all those kemono.....

Oh that's just wrong....

Ooooo Kabane's mad!

I knee the girl was another sibling like Shiki, if not the incarnation of his mom. 

She's the golden webbing!

Aaaaahhhhhh! Mamaaaaaaa!!!

Finished watching High-Rise Invasion. And I feel underwhelmed. The concept was a good idea but I feel like there was some inconsistencies in the logic on the Masks and their rules. And overall, it was decent but not as good as I was expecting. 

AoT

Spoiler

Sooooooo Eren is a revolutionary rebel leader now? Shit's gonna get crazy(er) here now.

noooooooooooo wonder egg is a recap ep nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

At least it will be a beautiful recap episode. Not really looking forward to watching a recap episode though :-/

It was a lovely recap episode! I still enjoyed it but it's not what I wanteddddddddddddd

Well now I know what you avoid. Thanks! It may make a pretty recap ep, but recaps still suck balls.

Higurashi

Spoiler

Jesus fucking christ Satoko. Just....damn, girl. 

Double spoiler for umineko/other works talk

Spoiler

THIS IS FUCKING IT THIS IS THE FUCKING LOGIC ERROR LOOP RYUKISHI07 YOU FUCKIN' BASTARD YOU'RE FINALLY GIVING IT TO US RIGHT? RIGHT???? AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGHHHHHHHHHHH

edit to add we got a fuckin'

Spoiler

USO DA

Will check to see if it's up when I get home.

Stone Wars:

Spoiler

Fucking Taiju Sonic Cannon :rotfl: 

Okay finally Higurashi

Spoiler

WOW, I was NOT expecting Satoko to be that ruthless after learning about Rika's loops. Like holy fuck. 

These last 2 eps are going to be intense. 

Promised Neverland

Spoiler

Oh Norman.....poor Norman......
There's def gonna be a 3rd season I reckon'

Jujutsu Kaisen

Spoiler

Nice pitch! :thumbs:

NICE PITCH

• Like 1

"Wants to punch a zebra someday" - did I read that correctly? :rotfl:

• Like 1

YES the lil blurbs were amazing

I poop a lot the next day

RIP Toudou :salute:

This whole last season has pretty much been @little birdy's alternate life if he was born in a shonen anime instead of in 3D

• Like 1

Horimiya remains delightful ToT

• Shiny 1

Agreed!

Spoiler

I'm dying that Miyamura being an ass is Hori's kink. :sweat:

SK

Spoiler

Duuuuuuude ADAM not cool!
Reki stop being a little bitch and support your friends already!

Finished High-rise Invasion last night. I was a bit disappointed by the way they ended it. I guess there's going to be another season eventually..? Don't leave me hanging like that though :|

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Anelle said:

Horimiya remains delightful ToT

I look forward to this show more and more every week. It's a dark horse AOTS candidate. 

---

SK∞ feels like it's going to have a pretty exciting finish. I think there are only 3 more episodes to go. I really want to see ADAM get what's coming to him :badrazz:

Finally finished High-rise Invasion, I enjoyed seeing it get a new life via anime, they definitely streamlined it well. If it does get a continuation, there's potential for them to rework the story further which would be very sorely needed. The manga falls reeeeeal flat on resolutions. I mean... they happen but it's just like "oh"

If it doesn't get one I will gladly do a bullet point summary of the rest of the plot for y'all because that's all it takes lmao

Kemono Jihen

Spoiler

hey babe wanna go get some Jesus Crepes

SHE'S WEARING THE BITS SHE RIPPED OFF PEOPLE HAHAHAHAHAHA

poor stupid lil jealous Kon

these idiots, i love them

• Like 1

I lol'd at Jesus Crepes too. I love the silly little details like that :rotfl: Very funny and sweet episode for the most part, except for that one creepy Kemono :sick:

SnK/AoT

Spoiler

Lee was actively cheering for Niccolo to smash Gabi with the bottle :rotfl:  "It's fine that you hit the other one but hit her too!"

• Shiny 1

1 hour ago, Anelle said:

SnK/AoT

Hide contents

Lee was actively cheering for Niccolo to smash Gabi with the bottle :rotfl:  "It's fine that you hit the other one but hit her too!"

Spoiler

I was all up and hollering when Nicole started piecing it together and I was gonna be "YAS KILL DA BITCH"

Not surprised that Sasha's dad did *gag* the right thing but AT LEAST GIVE HER A SCAR TO REMEMBER THIS!!!

Fuck Eren and his minions gonna blow up this joint too?

Kenmono Jihen

Spoiler

Fucking love how clueless Kabane can me and yet not. :rotfl:

Shingeki no KYOJIN

Something ALMOST happened!

Acks I liked the showdown with Nicolo, Gabi and Sasha's family ;_;

The chat promises to be pretty dramatic but can we do Titan fights sometime soon again guys

1 hour ago, Vic Boss said:

Shingeki no KYOJIN

Something ALMOST happened!

Hide contents

Acks I liked the showdown with Nicolo, Gabi and Sasha's family ;_;

The chat promises to be pretty dramatic but can we do Titan fights sometime soon again guys

Titan fights are better with build

"Mom, can I go kill Titans?"

"Do your social studies homework first."

Though I guess to be fair, it's chemistry homework now, have to figure out how to fart up new Titans because how do we attack Titans without Titans to attack?

Just do the Rumbling already and chase the remainder of humanity behind the walls so we can get back to the old setting please, guys.

• ROFL 1

Be patient through a bit more story build up. Titans are coming back soon!

Only 3 eps left sooooooo this'll be interesting.

8 hours ago, little birdy said:

Be patient through a bit more story build up. Titans are coming back soon!

NO! I'M A BIG FAT BABY ABOUT THIS, GIMME NOW

• ROFL 2

At this point I sincerely believe they will announce a movie finale after the eps wrap up. The pacing is PERFECT for it and they're just....fucking dumb if they truly leave it just with these eps. I mean, I understand money and covid and all that, but I really feel like movie finale is the perfect medium for what's going to happen and will pretty much be free money (at least in japan) after the success of the Demon Slayer movie.

also I will be just crushed if they don't so I have to believe lmao

• Like 1

Wonder Egg Priority hittin' hard again

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Anelle said:

also I will be just crushed if they don't so I have to believe lmao

:rotfl: I agree though! It would be an awesome way to finish off the series. 

3 hours ago, Anelle said:

Wonder Egg Priority hittin' hard again

NO SHIT

Spoiler

I was legit not expecting that for a back story on Neiru. We still have the mystery of her scar on her back but DAMN, that's heavy.

That was an interesting twist in Wonder Egg Priority at the end of the latest episode, it adds a bit of extra intrigue for me that wasn't there before.

HOLY FUCK RE:ZERO

Spoiler

I would legit not have thought Elsa to be a vampire. Out of all the things mythical beings that they have introduced into this show vampires would not have been one of them.
AAAHHHHHH GET HER GARF! Wait....would that make him a vamp now?
AAAHHH PUCK! Puck totally confirmed my thoughts about Roswal with that flashback with the Warlock
He's actually fucking scared. Like legit freaking the fuck out! I might be enjoying this a little too much.
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM

Higurashi

Spoiler

oh my god we're getting set up for another season....... hopefully. Like, it was possible to have some sort of wrap up with 2 eps but not after this. An entire Teppei episode.... wasn't expecting that lmao. I guess this will set up to answer the questions left from the arc where came back to the village this season. DAMN YOU RYUKISHI07

if there's not another season i'm gonna shit my pants outta frustration lmao

Edit: well butter my biscuit there's apparently news japan side that there's more episodes than initially announced, so I guess not a second season but plenty of time to actually conclude things? Niceeeee. 

• Like 1

Higurashi

Spoiler

I was legit not expecting this either. But after how they explain the built up loop memories works it makes sense. Just definitely not what I would have expected this late into a season.

But if they are adding more eps than what they said it was I am totally okay with it. 

With that knowledge u'm wondering if this means that they might pull a scene where Teppei dies helping Satoko in some way?

Higurashi

Spoiler

*EVERYONE TAKE A DEEP BREATH WITH ME BECAUSE I HAVE A FEELING I'M GONNA FUCKING RAMBLE*

I absolutely feel they're building up to that but because it's Higurashi I don't want to say it's CERTAIN. Then again, that's how I felt about the "Satoko is a looper" theory before it was confirmed so maybe I SHOULD just run with shit I dunno, it's a ride and I'm having fun.

"Teppei redemption arc" has been a meme for SO LONG with this series and now they're really doing it??? Ryukishi07 is evil and I love him. And want to punch him.

Ok but for real I was going apeshit during the save Satoko plot in Gou because obviously the arc is "off" compared to the "original" arc of the same theme (even though now we're all very clear that they're different loops) I rewatched it a few times leading up to this, once before the looper!Satoko reveal and once after trying to pick apart everything that was off. Her VA really nailed it, even though we still don't know exactly what was going on, she redelivered the breakdown scene with enough unease to make the whole thing incredibly suspicious. First time I watched it I was hollerin' at friend about the scene where she calls Keiichi after the supposed arrest going "SHE'S OBVIOUSLY LYING ABOUT IT BUT WHY" It was really clear she was describing the other loop from memory but whyyyyyyyyyyyyy what is her plan in this loop please I'm fucking dying. Does Teppei come to kill Keiichi at her command, or is he perhaps feeling like he's protecting her? Is he just out because Ooishi is L5 and wants revenge? Is HE L5? Is the Teppei of that arc the one we're seeing in this episode, who is using memories from other loops to try and become a better human? GOD DAMNIT I WANT MORE LMAO

We get a name for the god now! Fuckin' Eua, lmao. The snark and arrogance from going "yeah sure just call me those syllables" I'm very eager to know who she is. Like... I've already screeched it before so I won't spoiler it, but there's no way this isn't Featherine from the Umineko series, but Featherine has many other names and has taken many roles because that's what she does for fun. Is "Eua" her incarnation before the events of Umineko? Is it a simultaneous existence? She references the current visual novel this group is producing and it only has one part out and is set in the distant future. 

I gotta say, there's been a lil personal whiplash with Satoko going this route just because I've lived for years with the version of the story that doesn't include that living rent free in my mind but now that I've gotten used to it I'm fucking loving this shit. It really does start to make other theories and rumors start to hold water. There's still a lot of super angry people in talk spaces for this so I just avoid all that shit still so sometimes y'all will be rants like this that spill over from the times I rant back and forth with my other friend who keeps up.

One thing's for sure all this stuff is crazier than trying to theorize Marvel CU shit. :rotfl:

Stone wars 

Spoiler

WHAT THE FUCK?!?! THAT'S IT!! TSUKASA WAS RAMPAGING BECAUSE OF A SICK SISTER?!?!

I feel slightly let down from this climax. I mean it really shouldn't surprise me since the whole "people do bad things for good intentions" has been done in various ways, but I feel kinda like all this stone wars was a waste after that reveal. 

And we now know that Homura is going to be the next big baddie boss now that we have Slender Tsukasa here. Like it legit feels weird seeing him less buff. It's like he somehow went Un-Supersaiyan.

I wish I had explosive paper airplanes :sigh: :lol:

Neverland -- Vincent you crooked fucker :mad:

JuJutsu

Fushiguro was a delinquent 😂

• ROFL 1

I mean.....are we...REALLY surprised by that considering who is family is? XD

Horimiya - :crying:

SK8 - "9.5" ugh it's a damn recap episode. Why? :|

• Like 1

horimiya

Spoiler

"It only hurts more because nobody is in the wrong" ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i love this show WHOLESOME SCHOOL DAYS DRAMA I LOVE THEM ALL

• Shiny 1

Fuuuck AoT only got a partial broadcast because of a 4.6 earthquake that interrupted shit. So they only got to air the first 19 minutes of Ep 14. They said that they're gonna try and re-broadcast it with full length but it will take time and delay the rest most likely. It sucks royally because of where the end currently ends but at least they're gonna try and make it right for the fans. 

That being said:

Spoiler

Soooooo Erin has become the Uberdick

Bold of Zeke to assume that Levi wouldn't stoop to killing his own men

Fuck Zeke almost transformed the others! Fuck Beast Titan is fucking insane abilities. 

SnK hasn't come up on Crunchyroll or Funi yet. Guess I'll have to check back tomorrow... :-/

Kemono Jihen

Ice castle... this looks like a job for the kitsune. Kon saves the day next episode?

If it's not up on Crunchyroll they may have not put up the episode since the earthquake interrupted the broadcast and didn't air the full episode. When I was watching it on Gogo it literally dropped into a news announcement right after a crucial scene, and apparently interrupted what would have been a big narrative scene near the end.