Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tassifox

Winter Anime 2021

Yep, Horimiya is still good. I really enjoyed this episode. 

• Like 1

The second episode of SK8 was alright too. It's fun watching these kids nerd out over skateboarding.

On 1/15/2021 at 7:38 PM, little birdy said:

Great to have Jujutsu Kaisen back in the rotation after a short beak. Gojou kills me :rotfl:

I have a weird time with it. Good guy cast and characters are great (fucking love Nanami and that other guy) but I don't care much for the antagonists or the plot (mebs it's just because it focuses a lot on adoration of western media early on and I don't watch Japanese shit for that)

Animation on the new intro is pretty great

So I knew that Cells at Work: Black was gonna be a slightly more mature version of Cells At Work because the body in this version is one of a chronic smoker/alcoholic and high stress vs the healthy body of the other series. BUT DAMN

Spoiler

They had an episode on how the body gets an Erection AND CONTRACTS AN STD!!

This is also the first time they reveal a gender in their body with CAWB vs CAW where that is completely anonymous. 

Okay I'm loving the "normie" life of the skateboarders. Reminds me of my customers reactions when I tell them or show them pics of my "other medieval life" :sweat: This also reminds me of that 90's (maybe late 80's?) movie where a kid who was raised on surfing moves to the city and learns about the life of skateboarding to fill the hole in his poor surfer heart. 

12 hours ago, Vic Boss said:

Animation on the new intro is pretty great

Dude I absolutely love the new intro! Song is the shit! :shiny:

Kenmono Jihen:

Shiki totally took a 180 on his attitude as soon as Kahane said he never had pizza. :rotfl:

AoT 

Spoiler

*heavy breathing* THANK YOU FOR THIS GIFT, MAPPA

• Like 1

Yeah, this episode is what I've been waiting for :shiny: :shiny: :shiny:

Duuuuuude

Spoiler

Dat Warhammer Titan!
Methinks that eren was doing this plan on his own? Or was it his level of chaos that Mikasa didn't approve?
Falco's gonna be the new Armor titan in this emergency isn't he?

Had to watch it again 

Poor Udo, that was pretty effin harsh

:crying2:

Gabi got mad :uhoh: (seriously :uhoh:)

Gotta love Eren just going at it on the War Hammer Titan :shiny:

Mikasa is the best :shiny:

Levi coming in at just the perfect time :shiny: 

Can't wait for next week

• Like 1

On 1/12/2021 at 10:02 PM, little birdy said:

Wonder Egg Priority #1 -- I'm still not entirely sure what the heck I just watched, but I'm intrigued enough to watch a couple more episodes. It's a very pretty looking show. Weird but pretty dark premise 

I still don't know what to think about this show. Still very pretty to look at, at least. 

• Like 1

Gave Wonder Egg Priority a go

So far I like it I think! I'm not sure if it'll be something I'd call "good" in the end but it hits buttons I like. The horror aspect, the art, the weirdness.

Spoiler

and of course big purple tits

• Like 1

In a ways Wonder Egg reminds me a little of Paprika. When you understand the actual story in this under the WTF IS THIS ACID TRIP, it gets easy to dive into. 

Re:Zero

Spoiler

HGNNN BABEH GARF

Yas!!!! Natsuki finally is using his Sloth Factor!!

Ooooooh! Go Emelia!!!

Oh, forgot to mention about Redo of a Healer. Like the fact that there is an Uncensored Ver being aired alongside the Censored Ver shows just how darker this is in content compared to some shows we've seen. Even after seeing Goblin King's content and the fucked up shit Higurashi has thrown, it left me feeling gross watching it a little. 

Spoiler

So I understand that he wants revenge after Flare basically 100% fucked up his life in numerous ways. So part of me is not surprised that he would rape her in return when he was ready to turn the tables on her. I'm not sure if it was a glitch or on purpose but there was some subtitles that didn't come up during the scene of him forcing her to do as he commands her. 

The erasing her memory and faking her death was no real surprise either. I didn't think it would go as far as to now magically manipulate and gaslight her into thinking that "he's her beloved" and the dialog following made me feel gross. 

1 hour ago, Anelle said:

Gave Wonder Egg Priority a go

So far I like it I think! I'm not sure if it'll be something I'd call "good" in the end but it hits buttons I like. The horror aspect, the art, the weirdness.

Reveal hidden contents

and of course big purple tits

I was like :jaw: when the coach transformed :rotfl: Never seen anything quite like that before. But whatever the story is, I'll probably keep watching because this show is so pretty. Colours, character designs, style - it's all really great to me.

1 hour ago, Tassifox said:

Oh, forgot to mention about Redo of a Healer. Like the fact that there is an Uncensored Ver being aired alongside the Censored Ver shows just how darker this is in content compared to some shows we've seen. Even after seeing Goblin King's content and the fucked up shit Higurashi has thrown, it left me feeling gross watching it a little. 

Hide contents

So I understand that he wants revenge after Flare basically 100% fucked up his life in numerous ways. So part of me is not surprised that he would rape her in return when he was ready to turn the tables on her. I'm not sure if it was a glitch or on purpose but there was some subtitles that didn't come up during the scene of him forcing her to do as he commands her. 

The erasing her memory and faking her death was no real surprise either. I didn't think it would go as far as to now magically manipulate and gaslight her into thinking that "he's her beloved" and the dialog following made me feel gross. 

yeah, i saw some of the talk about it and read a few chapters of the manga and won't be watching it.

• Like 1

Yea......I'm pretty much going to drop it. 

welp i was like "i'll just watch higurashi while i eat lunch!" and that was a mistake

• ROFL 1

Higurashi

Spoiler

I was afraid when they started it with Satoko so calm like that. :(

THAT'S THE FUCKING REASON?!?!?!?

Wait....I thought that was her last one! Or was it the last one before Rika lost hope and was done trying to fight?

Fuck! Why leave there!?!? DON'T LEAVE IT THERE!!!

Promised Neverland

Spoiler

I knew Sonju was too good to be true on the "vegan demon" life.

Whooot! Underground safe house!

People died in that safe house didn't they?

Neverland - It all seemed too good to be true...

Dr. Stone - I'm happy to have my favourite character back in it!

• Like 1

Dr. Stone

Spoiler

Now that they have the black light invented and the war is over they can have Village Rave parties :rotfl:

JuJutsu Kaisen 15

Holy fucking shit :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Itadori gives Toudou the same answer for the woman he likes, Toudou fantasizes an ideal shonen high school life with his new best friend

AND EVEN USED AN ANTONIO INOKI QUOTE, KILL'EM ALL TOUDOU :rotfl:

4 hours ago, Vic Boss said:

JuJutsu Kaisen 15

Holy fucking shit :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hide contents

Itadori gives Toudou the same answer for the woman he likes, Toudou fantasizes an ideal shonen high school life with his new best friend

AND EVEN USED AN ANTONIO INOKI QUOTE, KILL'EM ALL TOUDOU :rotfl:

Spoiler

MY BEST FRIEND

• ROFL 1

That dream sequence was top notch :rotfl:

Not a heck of a lot really happened in this episode though, the funny parts were fun and all but gimme a bit more action next time please

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anelle said:

Hide contents

MY BEST FRIEND

Was it wrong that I was half expecting this to happen when he first asked Megumi that question? :sweat:

Project Scard -- this show is a tough watch for me. I don't find the story or characters very compelling and I'm not in love with the art style. Might just drop it. 

Back Arrow -- still enjoying it. There's some good humour, a fun cast of characters going off on an adventure, and the Briheights are an interesting idea. It's not AOTS material but I'm enjoying it quite a bit anyway. 

Horimiya -- a little bit too much teenage awkwardness in episode 3 I think :ugh: :lol: 

Horimiya- the first part hit me right in the feels. Imposter syndrome sucks so much.

I hate Aya, she seems the type to just drag drama everywhere with her. Also wasn't she dating the school Prez?? 

SK- Duuuuuuuude Langa's new board is the Shiiiiiit! :shiny:

Kenmono- Poor fox girl. Been manipulated by a master bitch. 

Mushoku Tensei has been enjoyable so far. Sure it's another Isekai but it's interesting how they're going about this one. 

AoT

Spoiler

Daaaaamn that Warhammer Titan is something. 

HOLY FRAK FALCON SURVIVED

Fuck they both survived

Wait.....WAS THAT ARMEN?!?!?! *HAPPY HASP SQUEAL* :hop:

Fuuuuuuuuck so much coming to full circle here!!!

HANGE SAAAAAAAAAAN :bawling:

Dude Eren is full berserk soldier mode

Founder vs Armored ROUND 2!!!

Oh man these episodes of Attack on Titan :O.O: :shiny: Literally been waiting years to see this stuff animated!

Next week though :uhoh: :nailbiting:

• Like 1

I strongly advise anyone wanting to enjoy next week's ep to avoid social media about AoT because I'm seeing manga folks going out of their way to spoil some stuff because no one's allowed to have fun and enjoy things I guess

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Anelle said:

I strongly advise anyone wanting to enjoy next week's ep to avoid social media about AoT because I'm seeing manga folks going out of their way to spoil some stuff because no one's allowed to have fun and enjoy things I guess

Oh, those fuckers

Seriously it's bad enough when non-anime nerd shit gets spoiled for my friends and me. And while I have anime/manga friends in my FB circles and what not. Hardly any of them actually post about what we're watching and when we do, we're vague AF about it and respect the no spoiler code. 

Fuck those guys. 

oh man wonder egg priority comin' in with some good feels, this series might actually stay pretty good :shiny:

to clarify by "good" I mean ones that resonate, not GOOD :lurk:

• Like 1

Ahhhh!! RE:ZERO

Spoiler

Baby Lia!!!!

FINALLY FAMILY BACKGROUND

HOKY FUCKING SHIT BEETLEGEUS PRE-CREEPER 

Why do the elves and the witch cult have a pact? Is it because Emilia's blood line?

Wait, so Emilia isn't the seal Geus is talking about?

Puck is the fairy that shows her the seal. 

Her parents are in the seal aren't they?

Fuck....Geuse spotted Lia....this is when he starts to become creeper Geuse isn't it?

Mothers know everything 

Wait....Geuse is older than her Aunt??? How old is the fucking witches cult?!

We're what Geuse?? HOW WELL WERE MOM AND DAD?!?!?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU---------

20 hours ago, Anelle said:

oh man wonder egg priority comin' in with some good feels, this series might actually stay pretty good :shiny:

to clarify by "good" I mean ones that resonate, not GOOD :lurk:

I dunno, I think it's pretty good so far. Not great or life-changing or AOTS but good. I love the style. It does touch on some pretty heavy topics though :uhoh:

no no i used poor wording again, I was saying the feels were not good as in "positive" they were good as in they were powerful because the feels have been painful I AM SO BAD AT COMMUNICATION 

I think the show is good! First ep I was like well either this will be good or it will be visually pleasing and blah and I will still enjoy it but as of now I think this is a good series and am excited for more! 

• Like 1

Higurashi gou

Spoiler

OH FUCK OH FUCK SATOKO LOOPER CONFIRMED OH FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

• Shiny 1

Higurashi

Spoiler

SATOKO REMEMBERED

WHAT THE FUCK IS SHE REALLY A PRIESTESS NOW!?!?!?

Promised Neverland

Spoiler

So we now know in 2047 our spawn will be fed to Aliens. Great. 

Aww William Minerva is dead. 

Yup, Mama in Jail. 

Oh shit.......

OH SHIIIIIIIT

Oh fuck Mama's gonna be on the prowl again

Higurashi

Spoiler

I started getting misty eyed when Takano apologized to Rika.  I had a feeling that might be what happens, but it hit me pretty hard.  

Satoko being a looper may have been a bit predictable, but the execution was done really well.  Now the question is whether Satoko has gone crazy/desperate from the looping, or whether a divine being is manipulating her to get back at Rika?

• Like 1

In response

Spoiler

I think Satoko is already in crazy mode from the last loop where she killed Rika. She said so herself that Rika "angered" their God by hating and so desperately wanting to leave Himawari and so Satoko would take on Rika's duty because she wasn't worthy of it in Satoko's opinion. 

I think Satoko is doing exactly what she said she would. She took over the reins from that loop which is why Rika felt that this world was too perfect and might even been manipulated somehow. Satoko is captain now. 

• Like 1

Higurashi talk that features spoilery talk featuring the wider universe this is set in, so feel free to ignore 

Spoiler

Me and a lot of people are REALLY REALLY putting our hopes in that this is witch shit. There's a scene in the OP that can't be anyone but Featherine, goddamnit! 

16 hours ago, Tassifox said:

Promised Neverland

Reveal hidden contents

So we now know in 2047 our spawn will be fed to Aliens. Great. 

Aww William Minerva is dead. 

Yup, Mama in Jail. 

Oh shit.......

OH SHIIIIIIIT

Oh fuck Mama's gonna be on the prowl again

Yeah these kids are really not catching any luck breaks... :-/ 

Gotta love that huge demon coming in and saving their butts though. This show keeps getting more and more random :rotfl: 
  • Like 1

Jujutsu Kaisen

Spoiler

Panda....is not panda

And Panda is new fave!!!

Omg this weeks Horimiya was too precious 

Still watching, halfway through

AoT

Spoiler

NOOOOOO NOT SASHA!!!!!

FUCK YOU GABI I HOPE LEVI TURNS YOU INTO MINCEMEAT

Now the rest

Spoiler

HA! IN YOUR FACE KIDS

Damn this has been a deep and long plan.

Sashaaaaaaaaaaa :crying:

• Sad 1

aot

Spoiler

Meat...

• Sad 1

:rip:

I was never that big of a Potato Girl fan, but this chapter was a pretty major shocker when I read it. Even though I knew what was coming in the anime, it was still very impactful. Poor Connie... :crying2:

Also:

- Even if you don't like Gabi, you gotta appreciate her singular focus on killing Eren :rotfl:

- That look on the kids' faces when they see Zeke and begin to realize what's going on. "Miscalculations" :O.O: :fup: 

• Like 2