Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tassifox

Winter Anime 2021

Dude Winter season just snuck up on me. I can tell this is gonna be the most exciting one on releases!

https://anichart.net/Winter-2021

Must Watch:
AoT Final Season!
Promised Neverland S2 (FINALLY!!!)
Dr Stone S2
Slime Datta Ken S2
Re:Zero S2 Pt2
Cells At Work S2
Log on Horizon S2
Cells at Work: BLACK
Orphen Revamp S2

Maybes:
Horimiya
Kumo desu ga, Nani Ka?
SK
Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi
ex ARM
Kemono Jihen
Kai Byoui Ramune
Tenkuu Shinpan

There might be a couple of others but this is mah list

My girlfriend and I have recently been catching up on Slime Datta Ken.  We're four episodes away from finishing the first season, so this is perfect timing.

Will be watching AoT and Dr. Stone, of course.  Really excited for the latter more than AoT.

ah fuck me i forgot AoT was considered a winter one I guess I will be moving my reactions to this thread from now on WHY IS TIME LIKE THIS

honestly though, I'm not sure if I'll watch much (if any) new stuff because I just cannot focus on anything these days. I'll keep up with AoT and Promised Neverland but I'm so behind on dr stone (i keep up with the manga on that tho) and i don't even remember if i got current on re:0 so *fart noise* I'll probably watch Beastars season 2 as well, but that might just be a wait and binge thing. I really want to catch up on slime too fuckkkkkkkkkk and tenkuu shinpan actually getting an animation is nuts that series is nuts but hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

As long as I keep up with Higurashi I'm golden I think lol

• Like 1

Well we have 24 eps of Higurashi to do and we're only at 10 soon to be 11 eps here sooooo yup. Set there.

I think I'm one of the few who have time to watch any of this shit because I'm holed up at home with nothing really. Idk how I'll feel about continuing Dr. Stone because I love the premise and science of it but meeeeeh on other stuff. So we'll see.

I'll say Dr. Stone gets even better past the point where the first season left off.  Some really intriguing discoveries and some more characters that are introduced that become pretty vital(one in particular I'm thinking of).

But I'm also the resident Dr. Stone mark, so take my words with a sizable grain of salt :lol:

• ROFL 1

I'm always holed up at home even without a pandemic but 2020 stress levels have ruined my already fragile supply of attention span. I can WANT to watch something so bad it physically hurts then like an hour later realize I have tried rewinding and comprehending the same part about 15 times and giving up. Shit fuckin' sucks. 

Real talk tho, I just got new monitors and AoT anime looked so good on them that I might be able to just watch shit for the pure joy of not having shitty monitors.... hmmm......

I LOVE the dr stone manga they really got the plot rollin' hard and I would very much like to see and hear a lot of the characters that have been introduced there in the anime just...can't focus. As a fan of the manga though I'd say if the first season kept up the hype then give the second a go if you feel like it, Tassi! 

• Like 1

I think I will have increased capacity for watching anime over the winter. What else will there be to do? :rotfl: 

For sure watching:

- SnK

- Jujutsu Kaisen (I think it will continue into winter..?)

- Neverland

- Dr. Stone

I feel like I'm also going to need some slice of life and comedic relief if we're in lockdown for part of the winter and I start spiraling, so I will check out Horimiya and Bungou Stray Dogs Wan! and perhaps others. I haven't look at the whole winter chart yet.

Finally, as always, I will continue to search for my Holy Grail -- anime original, 12-13 episodes with a good story. Back Arrow could be promising, and I will probably also give SK∞ a look too.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Anelle said:

Real talk tho, I just got new monitors and AoT anime looked so good on them that I might be able to just watch shit for the pure joy of not having shitty monitors.... hmmm......

What did you get?

8 hours ago, little birdy said:

Bungou Stray Dogs Wan!

I have a feeling that one is just gonna be cute chibi rando stuff since that's a popular genre that people tend to watch. If it has nothing tying it to what might be good to know with the other series not bothering.

21 hours ago, Anelle said:

As a fan of the manga though I'd say if the first season kept up the hype then give the second a go if you feel like it, Tassi!  

I want to like it. And parts of it I do. I think it's some of the extreme reactions or goku like abilities some of these characters have is what's dislodging me. I'm not sure. I know I'm going to watch second season because I wanna see this fucking throw down they've been preparing for! I'm just fifty fifty on the show overall. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tassifox said:

I want to like it. And parts of it I do. I think it's some of the extreme reactions or goku like abilities some of these characters have is what's dislodging me. I'm not sure. I know I'm going to watch second season because I wanna see this fucking throw down they've been preparing for! I'm just fifty fifty on the show overall. 

At times, there can be a disconnect between the scientific and the shonen aspects.  I think the manga starts finding better ways to pin the action and the science together.  But the superhuman abilities don't exactly go away.

• Like 1

dr stone you gotta accept that the science is still science fiction like.... wholeheartedly and once you are able to get past the characters screaming at you that science is god and the only absolute while doing outrageous things then it's just fun

Shingeki no KYOJIN

Yakusoku no Neverland - This one worries me the most and is the one I'm gonna be most curious to see how it handles because theoretically almost everything that was awesome and tense about the first season might not be there because there isn't storyline reasons for it to be, unless the previous season's main characters aren't the main characters this time.

Dr Stone

Slime (Were any of the OVAs canon?)

Yuru Camp was chill as fuck last time

I'll probably check out chibi Bungou Stray Dogs but probs won't stick with it

JuJutsu Kaisen

I assume Digimon's continuing

Those are just the obvious ones, I haven't read any synopsiseses but I'll check out most of it anyways

Some of those movies look p. good too

Oh yeah, totally forgot about Digimon. I'll definitely stick with it. I like the new ED :thumbs:

1 hour ago, Tassifox said:

I have a feeling that one is just gonna be cute chibi rando stuff since that's a popular genre that people tend to watch. If it has nothing tying it to what might be good to know with the other series not bothering.

Yeah it's probably gonna be trash but it might be a nice light hearted diversion during a shitty covid lockdown winter. Isekai Quartet was fairly well received last year. I think these cutesy shows tend to do well. Might as well give it a try. Stray Dogs already had a pretty good sense of humour and some funny characters so it might actually be alright. 

• Like 1

Oh ye, also hope DORAGON QUESTOH DAI NO DAIBOKEN is continuing. It's super basic early '90s shonen with Toriyama-style art, but that's pretty much what Dragon Quest is anyways so it works out pretty well.

16 hours ago, little birdy said:

Yeah it's probably gonna be trash but it might be a nice light hearted diversion during a shitty covid lockdown winter.

One that started that it cute and light is Toutostu ni Egypt Kami. Basically Chibi Egyptian gods, in animal form, doing their daily things.
Another one that's still in Fall season anime that's a cute distraction is Maoujou de Ouyasumi, which is about a princess who got kidnapped by a demon king and she spends her captivity trying to get a decent sleep in the castle. So she goes on mini quests to make the perfect pillow or comfy sheets etc and basically has the whole demon castle under her whim unintentionally. It's super cute and silly for lighter stuff.

On 12/7/2020 at 9:54 AM, Tassifox said:

Promised Neverland S2 (FINALLY!!!)

Jfc finally!  January 7th I see?  I'm fuckin THERE. :shiny:

• Shiny 1

And I rewatched S1 on Netflix so it's fresh in my mind! The teaser trailer got me hype!

AoT Final S 2

Spoiler

Mostly boring build up. Which is no surprise but I can't remember if they revealed that Zeke was Grish Jaeger's other son in the previous season. I feel like they did or at least mentioned that he had another son before he came to the island.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tassifox said:

AoT Final S 2

Reveal hidden contents

Mostly boring build up. Which is no surprise but I can't remember if they revealed that Zeke was Grish Jaeger's other son in the previous season. I feel like they did or at least mentioned that he had another son before he came to the island.

I had this exact same reaction, like "Did we know that already?" and then it was like "Does it matter either way? Nothing's happening :sleep:"

Something big is happening soon, might be another week away though :mosh:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Tassifox said:

AoT Final S 2

Reveal hidden contents

That must have been covered near the end of S2 after they finally opened the basement

Spoiler

I remember that going into the basement talked about Grish's past and about Titans coming from across the water etc. And I KNOW that they talked about Grish's first family so I know they talked about his first son. But I can't remember for the life of me if they name dropped Zeke aka Beast Titan being Grish's first son..I may have to rewatch that episode.

It would have been in one of the last few episodes of the previous season IIRC. Zeke sold out his parents' underground Eldian resistance group to Marley.

Spoiler

Okay thank you I knew there was something I was forgetting

AoT answering your question

Spoiler

They cover Grisha/Zeke's past near the end in season 3, with the episode "That Day" and a little bit more in the following ep "Attack Titan", the 3rd and 2nd to last eps of the season respectively! Worth a rewatch if you're fuzzy, it's been a while. I binged all of this series a couple months back to prep for season 4 and have been keeping up in the manga and even I had a moment where I was like "wait they DID address this in the anime right??" with this latest ep. 

• Like 1

@Anelle have you read chapter 135 yet?

no! Where have you read it, I usually use mangadex but I don't see an english version on there yet!

It's up on Crunchyroll if you are a subscriber, that's where I read it

HOLY SHIT I'M DUMB I didn't even realize it was a simulpub on there, I've never really checked crunchyroll manga stuff because way back in the day it was shitty so i just forgot about it GUESS I'LL READ IT THERE FROM NOW ON

edit to add that i'm SUPER dumb because yes, i've read this one. I guess it got taken off of mangadex. I'm bad at remembering chapter numbers.

:rotfl:

CR's website and apps are all pretty crummy, but I still use it to read AoT. It's easy (when it works).

Feels like we're nearing the end now. I wonder how many chapters are left to go.

I know the author has said not much more left but I wanna knooooooooow I'm ready fuckin' GIMME THAT ENDING

I'll have to look at the chapter list again to be sure, but I think chapter 135 + 3 more chapters will make 1 more volume (usually 4 chapters per volume) so chapter 138 would be a nice place to wrap it up. 

AHHHHH  Demon Slayer Movie finally dropped!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH! :shiny:

Can it please be next week already :nailbiting2: 

no

This week's Shingeki no KYOJIN was better

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh they're trying to tell us that Eren and Reiner are the same dude and now Eren (probs him at the end?) is gonna Titan up and fuck up Reiner's home in exchange

Spoiler

I was gonna say please tell me it wasn't just me thinking it was eren in that last second considering how fast they cut to credits after showing his eye :shiny:

I cannot fucking wait for y'all to find out the shit that's gonna go down i'm just gonna run in here like :DDDDD after every ep

This season is gonna be a wild ride

Higurashi 13 (putting it here since it's continuing to Winter)

Spoiler

WHAT the ever living FUCK
I knew things were going too well!!!!! How the fuck did Hojo escape?! What happened to Oishi san!?!
Seriously what the fuck!?!? @Anelle

higurashi

Spoiler

NO FUCKIN' CLUE MY DUDE but "WHAT IN THE ABSOLUTE FUCK" was my reaction as well. 

Me and another friend have been spinning wild theories and this episode seemed to tease or hint that was how it was gonna go then we got fucking Higurashied. No where on any Higurashi bingo card do I have "Ooishi goes on a fucking MASS SHOOTING SPREE"

It's SUPER FUCKING SUS that Satoko described what happened over the phone instead of them showing it. 

I have VERY VERY good reason to think Umineko stuff is finally gonna come into play next arc please prove me right 07th Expansion PLEASE I AM FUCKING BEGGING

• Like 1

Spoiler

I legit thought with how Satoko was acting that she ended up killing her uncle and shit and was gonna get Keichi next when she was acting all "Can I call you Nii Nii" and then POW FUCK IT'S HOJO!!! I wouldn't be surprised if Hello Military Nurse is behind the strings on that and the mass shooting because Oishi might be a dick but, he's NOT a murderer. Not when he had his own pop to avenge in this.

AoT FS

Spoiler

AHHHHHH!!!!!! eren confronted Reiner!!!!! AHHHHHH!
Also who the fuck waiters like it's life or death like that? I mean yes hustle but still it's not a race!
Still hate Gabi

Gabi will continue to be pretty unlikable for a while, but you may change your mind eventually.

Can't to see [stuff that happens next] animated :shiny:

• Like 1

Think I can add Dragon Quest - Dai's Great Adventure back to my list because it's continuing past episode 13

10 hours ago, little birdy said:

Hide contents

Gabi will continue to be pretty unlikable for a while, but you may change your mind eventually.

Can't to see [stuff that happens next] animated :shiny:

Spoiler

Nah bruh. I legit hope she gets eaten or has something knock her off her ego pillar big time and she's not chosen for the Titan.

AoT talk

Spoiler

I won't tell you to like Gabi, but I will say you will be able to tolerate her and the other new characters better if you keep in mind that she is a literal child in an impossibly fucked up situation. She is essentially Eren if he had been born in Marley. I really think going into the final season with that in mind helps the adjustment to the setting shift and puts a lot of the batshit stuff that's ahead into better context! 

• Like 1

Shingeki My Keki

These motherfuckers and their cliffhangers. Willy Tybur is gonna announce either the Final Solution or Peace In Our Time just as Team Good Guy shows up to KILL'EM ALL SHIT YEAH

So that was Eren's Grandfather that he was talking to?

13 minutes ago, Vic Boss said:

Shingeki My Keki

Hide contents

These motherfuckers and their cliffhangers. Willy Tybur is gonna announce either the Final Solution or Peace In Our Time just as Team Good Guy shows up to KILL'EM ALL SHIT YEAH

So that was Eren's Grandfather that he was talking to?

Spoiler

yep, that was Grisha Yeager's father/ Zeke and Eren's grandfather