Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tassifox

Winter Anime 2021

Just binged 5-8 of AoT. I think I like saving up enough to watch for an hour and a half. 

• Like 2

Shingeki no KYOJIN

FUCKING WHAT ZEKE WAS IN ON IT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT

• Like 1

:evillaugh:

Re:Zero 5

Holy shit. HO-LY FUC-KING SHIT there is so much in this ep I had to process. And we still have 7 fucking episodes!

Spoiler

AAAHHHHHH THERE'S ANOTHER FUCKING WITCH AND SHE'S BASICALLY WANDA. FUCK.

Okay called it on Puck being Mother Fortuna.

Fuuuuuuuuck.....I will only ever feel sad for Geuse even when he's creeper. 

fuck i'm so behind on that. Lemme see if I can muster the attention span to catch up while I eat, stay tuned for potential reactions

• Shiny 1

Hold onto your dickwitch

Well I finished up through ep 37 (Witch's Tea Party) 

still got a lot to catch up on but damn this series is grim sometimes lol

• Like 1

Jujutsu Kaisen 16

Spoiler

lollll what the fuck

i love baby Panda why was he a fucking baby what

i love this show there's so much silly shit that still manages to be cool

• Like 2

Higurashi

Spoiler

oof, no violence in this ep but a lot of sad

It's cool seeing all the kids grow up a bit!

Mion and Shion don't even show up to the festival? Oof.

Satoko is either gonna fail the exam or refuse and fight with Rika isn't she fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

• Like 1

Spoiler

I legit kept expecting the other shoe to drop. But I can see where Rika is going to prevent Satoko from becoming obsessed with Oyashiro's curse and taking the mantle of priestess. She originally snapped when Rika wanted to escape by herself leaving everything and everyone behind. 

Asking Satoko to go with her might change that since they have been a team for a long time. 

Stone wars

Spoiler

Of course Senku wants to build a car next......why not......

Ukyo's totally gonna be the next one to join team Science

Promised Neverland

Spoiler

Dude kids parts in the demon marketplace.....

Oh good they found a safe place for now!

Is it just me or are a couple of the younger kids hitting growth spurts?

No surprise that even in this type of world the rich still subjugate the poor. 

Um....shit? 

NORMAN!!!!! I KNEW HE WASNT DEAD!!!!!

2 hours ago, Tassifox said:
  Hide contents

I legit kept expecting the other shoe to drop. But I can see where Rika is going to prevent Satoko from becoming obsessed with Oyashiro's curse and taking the mantle of priestess. She originally snapped when Rika wanted to escape by herself leaving everything and everyone behind. 

Asking Satoko to go with her might change that since they have been a team for a long time. 

Spoiler

i don't think we're seeing post rika revelation, I think we're seeing the origins of Satoko becoming a looper

• Like 1

Spoiler

Oh this could be true too. I remember Satoko saying how Rika wanted to get out of the Village so that could be Satoko's POV and not mentioning that Rika wanted Satoko to go with her. 

Spoiler

yeah we're over halfway ep # wise so i wouldn't be surprised if this was an answer arc of sorts, and then WE GET UMINEKO AFTER THAT OR I JUST CRY BLOOD FOREVER

as much as they like to just throw us into situations i don't think they'd confirm her a looper and then go straight to resolving it 

• Like 1

Fun episodes of Neverland and Dr. Stone this week. I liked the little time skip in Neverland. It's cool to see the demon town and of course the surprise at the end was great. 

ohhhhhhhh oh no. Finally watched Promised Neverland. Y'all anime only peeps got DONE DIRTY holy shit

edit to clarify: A very large, very cool arc just got sliced right the fuck outta the story. From my brief scrambling for info it seems like this is done via choice of the mangaka so ok I guess but legit the stuff that's been cut is some of the best in the series. LOVED that arc.

• Like 1

That sucks that they cut it out but they might have done it for a reason if the mangaka OK'd it. 

Talk about in spoiler or DM me? Idk if I'll ever get a chance to read the manga so I don't mind. 

Promised Neverland Manga spoiler

Spoiler

The manga arc introduces a lot of new characters who become part of the core group, and really showcases growth for characters from our original group as they meet and help them. It's called the Goldy Pond arc if you wanna look it up. 

it's been a while so I'm spotty on too many details but essentially, Emma and co find out via events in the shelter that William Minerva was supposedly in a location called Goldy Pond. Goldy Pond turns out to be this crazy hunting ground type place that some demon elites have, although there is a shelter Minerva used that Emma gains access to. In this arc we also confirm Norman is alive, and what he's been doing. I won't elaborate on much of that because parts of that have to be worked in to the anime plot for it to work.

Basically by cutting out the arc y'all are missing a lot of characters who remain important in the story, so I dunno if they'll just shoehorn them in or what, a sizeable chunk of the world lore and Norman's personal journey, and a shitload of really fucking awesome action scenes.

edit to add i have no official source that the mangaka made this decision, i just did some quick googling and saw some comments stating such but can't find a source.

• Like 1

When I watch Promised Neverland it sometimes makes me think of the Walking Dead. I feel like there are some parallels there. Add the disconnect between the show and the source material to the list of similarities. (I'm about 4 years behind and probably won't ever catch up on TWD though so maybe I'm way off) 

JuJutsu Kaisen 17 is easily the best episode when it comes to action and animation quality :shiny:

• Like 2

Slime S2E4

Slime-kun promised to produce the rest of Parasyte for the kids if they kept their grades up and I'm like "YOU SHOULDN'T BE SHOWING PARASYTE TO CHILDREN WHAT THE FUCK"

• ROFL 2

shit i really need to catch up on slime i love that shit

11 hours ago, Vic Boss said:

JuJutsu Kaisen 17 is easily the best episode when it comes to action and animation quality :shiny:

DAMN you weren't kidding wow

• Like 1

Kenmono Jihen

Spoiler

Did anyone else cringe at the mosquito kenmono lady sucking the brains out through the ear? Just me???

AoT

Spoiler

Omg Hange :rotfl:

Naturally there's a rebellion in Marley

Dude the layers of culture shock

Awwww Sasha had someone crushing on her.....

Why do I feel like the other shoe hasn't dropped with the Rebel Marlians?

I'm surprised that Annie looks like she aged in that crystal 

10 hours ago, Tassifox said:

Kenmono Jihen

Reveal hidden contents

Did anyone else cringe at the mosquito kenmono lady sucking the brains out through the ear? Just me???

The mosquito ladies seem like really lame villains :| I hope Kabane wastes them all next week :evillaugh:

For me the best part of this episode was when Kabane bumped into Kon in the park. "Oh, Kon..." and then he hides his head in his hoodie to try to keep up the act from before :rotfl: 

Attack on Titan

Hange is so nuts, she's not exactly a favourite character for me in the manga, but she really does shine in the anime. It was a bummer to see Sasha digging into the lobster and the whole thing with Nicolo right after last week though...

Finally Annie makes another appearance!

• Like 1

Wonder Egg 5

Spoiler

Fuuuuuuck those scars!

Dude does anyone else think the 2nd monsters that Neiru is fighting remind you of McDonald's Fry Guys?

image.png.6c9bcb6963c89b071e8e2881a183381c.png

Horimiya 5

Spoiler

ok i officially love this show. Even their teen angst snafus are charming. So far they don't drag them out, they have the characters address and work to resolve them, and it's just a refreshing lil dose of young love and school slice of life. 

Kemono Jihen 5

Spoiler

This show is fun and I like it! except I ABSOLUTELY HATE MOSQUITO LADIES, THEY ARE TERRIFYING AUGH FUCK SQUASH THEM SQUAAAAAAASH THEM

Wonder Egg 5

Spoiler

Yeah those scars are GNARLY. All these children got some nasty trauma going on, I'm loving this series. First ep or 2 I wasn't sure they were gonna pull it off but it looks like they are and I am HERE FOR IT. I also though of the Fry kids.

AoT

Spoiler

Sashaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa T_T You ate seafood like a fucking animal and had a dude fall for you over it you were a special gal lmao

• Shiny 1

Yeah I'm enjoying all of the shows you listed there a lot as well. Haven't watched this week's episode of Wonder Egg Priority yet, probably gonna get to that tonight. 

Stone Wars

Spoiler

Their car is a boat on wheels. :sweat:

Omg Senku and the Old man have a special Engineer bro love going lol. 

Oh dear he got another idea

Suuuuuikaaaaaa! :love2:

........................a tank......of course a fucking tank.....

Well at least it has some flaws, sometimes I wonder about the extravagance they go to with some of the science stuff. 

Higurashi

Spoiler

welp. Pretty much exactly as expected so far so GIVEM E FUCKIN WITCHES DO IT GIMME 

1 hour ago, Tassifox said:

Stone Wars

Hide contents

Their car is a boat on wheels. :sweat:

Omg Senku and the Old man have a special Engineer bro love going lol. 

Oh dear he got another idea

Suuuuuikaaaaaa! :love2:

........................a tank......of course a fucking tank.....

Well at least it has some flaws, sometimes I wonder about the extravagance they go to with some of the science stuff. 

Spoiler

They definitely push the limits of suspension of belief at times, but so far, even now, they tend to do a great job of having a grand goal that is actually pretty crude in execution.  I remember thinking, "There's no fucking way they're making a cell phone already," and then was almost disappointed with the actual result.  In a good way.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Psycho666Soldier said:
  Reveal hidden contents

They definitely push the limits of suspension of belief at times, but so far, even now, they tend to do a great job of having a grand goal that is actually pretty crude in execution.  I remember thinking, "There's no fucking way they're making a cell phone already," and then was almost disappointed with the actual result.  In a good way.

Piggybacking with kinda but not really manga spoilers

Spoiler

it only gets more and more ridiculous but they do try and keep it with a feeling of crudeness that keeps it pretty charming. I think part of the problem is pacing because there was a lot of cool buildup with them exploring options to source materials needed for SCIENCEEEEEEE and then they get to a point where they're like ok screw showing the gathering, here's a panel where they go gather this and HERE'S SEVERAL PAGES OF NEAT GADGET and it just sort of never lets up from that

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Anelle said:

Piggybacking with kinda but not really manga spoilers

Hide contents

it only gets more and more ridiculous but they do try and keep it with a feeling of crudeness that keeps it pretty charming. I think part of the problem is pacing because there was a lot of cool buildup with them exploring options to source materials needed for SCIENCEEEEEEE and then they get to a point where they're like ok screw showing the gathering, here's a panel where they go gather this and HERE'S SEVERAL PAGES OF NEAT GADGET and it just sort of never lets up from that

Continuing kinda but not really but possibly more than Anelle manga spoilers

Spoiler

Yeah, and that does take away from the "science adventure" aspect of it sometimes.  But thankfully, I feel the plot has now developed to a point where there's enough interesting stuff going on there and how the science is used is still captivating.  So it makes up for losing some of what made the series so fun at first.

I guess it kind of mirrors the pace of scientific development, too.  A lot of what took so long earlier in the series was making the tools and getting just a bunch of base resources and technological advancements.  They're at a point now where they have most of what they need except for like one crucial ingredient or the means to combine it all successfully/safely.

• Like 2

Dr. Stone

Great Detective Suika is the best :cool: 

Starting to like Chrome more. Darn right you should grow a spine and do something already, man! Figure out how to save yourself instead of sitting on yer ass.

This show does really push the limits when it comes to suspension of disbelief, but the ridiculously fast scientific advancements don't irritate me as much as how Tsukasa has more than once now seemed able to predict almost exactly what Senku and co. are gonna do. It seems silly to call anything in an anime "unrealistic", but that really bugged me in this episode.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, little birdy said:

Dr. Stone

Hide contents

Great Detective Suika is the best :cool: 

Starting to like Chrome more. Darn right you should grow a spine and do something already, man!

This show does really push the limits when it comes to suspension of disbelief, but the ridiculously fast scientific advancements don't irritate me as much as how Tsukasa has more than once now seemed able to predict almost exactly what Senku and co. are gonna do.

Spoiler

Tsukasa is actually the next heir to L.

• ROFL 1

Higurashi

Spoiler

Oh it's gonna fucking suck if Satoko doesn't get in......*holds breath*

I hate it when they drag that out!!! Yay!!!

Halfway through and I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop........

Uh oh......social peer pressure

It's gonna suck when Satoko realizes that Rika isn't just gonna "get through this phase" 

Fuuuuuuck......

Fuck Dark Satoko is happening

HHAHAHAHAHA DID THEY REALLY PUT OUT A RECAP EP FOR PROMISED NEVERLAND RIGHT AFTER THAT REVEAL AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The rating on the Funimation site for this ep is abysmal lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

slight manga spoilers

Spoiler

it wasn't just goldy pond they cut out, there was a LOT more to the underground shelter they cut out but I had assumed that the shelter cuts were sacrificed for goldy pond stuff.... but nnnnnnnnnnope

• Like 1

Recap episodes always suck but this is especially bad timing for a recap. Ugh.

I do not understand what the hell happened with this anime. I'm really really trying not to just write it off but this is a bad look lmao

I thought the season started pretty good, up until they found the shelter. It's been really random since they had to flee the shelter though. Having not read the manga, it doesn't really bother me that I'm missing parts. If the anime is still good despite being different from the manga then that's fine. But the last couple episodes were not great and then they do this terrible clip-show :rotfl: Hopefully the anime redeems itself over the second half of the season.

I specifically left out my rant about the recap ep cuz y'all know how I feel about those. :koffing::hammerputer:

It's near the end of the video but holy-fucking-shit at Kimetsu no Yaiba's numbers

And it being done at the exact moment it exploded :rip:

• Shiny 1

Kimetsu no Yaiba was pretty overlooked and well into its story before it got its gorgeous anime adaptation and that shot it through the fucking roof and beyond. People latched the fuck onto it because of covid too, i'd be pretty interested to see a study on all the factors that helped make it explode. The humor and character designs really strike a chord with the Japanese audience (and other audiences eat it up too) and Mugen Train was like... the top movie there because 1) no other movies were really out and 2) PEOPLE LOVE THIS SHIT

there's so many insane lines of merch being announced, watches, lil matchbox cars ALL ABOARD THE MERCH TRAIN (or the mugen train huehuehuehaugarefd;c fuck)

Either way, it ended when it needed to story wise. It wasn't perfect pacing but there was a story and it was told and I really enjoyed it

[/ramble no one asked for]

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Anelle said:

[/ramble no one asked for]

This is what Internet message boards were made for :thumbs:

• Like 1

oh, btw, Yuru Camp is the comfiest thing to ever exist

I've had Yuru Camp on my "gotta watch this when I have attention span" list for a while and I'm finally gonna have to do it, you're making me crave cozy

Jujutsu Kaisen 18

Spoiler

Fuck it, live react because it's been a while

• the "i lost my sword song" :rotfl:
  • USING CURSED TALK OVER THE PHONE IS DIRTY AHAHAHAHA
  • not as dirty as all this plotting to kill itadori tho
  • lol "ur mom's a filthy whore" "oh so why are you nice to me" "oh you are precious power baby boy man"
  • HE'S GOT A FUCKIN' ELEPHANT
  • NO I MUST DO IT FOR MOMMY
  • oh shit
  • great teacher gojou :rotfl:
  • no gojou allowed in the secret club
  • OI OI OI OI OI OI OI OI OI OI OI OI 
  • oh my fucking god
  • OH
  • MY
  • FUCKING
  • GOD
  • NO GO BACK TO GRAMPS HE'S GONNA SHRED
  • HE EVEN HAD A T-SHIRT ON PLEASE GO BACK
  • oh great it's a hippie spirit
  • NO GO BACK TO GRAMPS NO DON'T DO THIS TO ME NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • aww the juju stroll was cute

• Like 2

Juju 

Looked like a guitar case. Why would the old man be carrying around a guitar? Can't be that. Actually it is a guit and it's a fucking Flying V :rotfl: :sick: