Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tassifox

Winter Anime 2021

Horimiya 6

Spoiler

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH HIS HAAAAAAAAAAAIR

We got another lil dose of angst and conflict that was addressed right away! We'll obviously see more of this chick but this series still has me impressed by not making a mountain out of conflict. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Vic Boss said:

It's near the end of the video but holy-fucking-shit at Kimetsu no Yaiba's numbers

Hide contents

And it being done at the exact moment it exploded :rip:

Just watched this the other day.  Always love SEW's State of Shonen Jump videos.

My jaw dropped when I saw those sales.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Anelle said:

Horimiya 6

Hide contents

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH HIS HAAAAAAAAAAAIR

We got another lil dose of angst and conflict that was addressed right away! We'll obviously see more of this chick but this series still has me impressed by not making a mountain out of conflict. 

Spoiler

I was legit half expecting Sawada to be like a surprise half sister he didn't know about but neighbors works for me. 

Also omgggggggg first time Miyamura was clingy! 

Hori's dad and the stalker/neighbour girl are both great additions to the cast of characters in Horimiya. Great episode this week :rotfl:

SK8 was also pretty great this week. I don't find the bad guy very interesting and as a result thought last week's episode was a bit weak. Fortunately he wasn't much of a factor in this week's episode.

Kenmono Jihen

Spoiler

Yay! Leveling up! 
Oohhh new kid don't mess around.
OOOO he got his own agenda!
Poor Kon, Kabane forgot all about her

AoT

Spoiler

Duuuuuuude! Mikasa is the descendant of a shogun!
Oh dear, eren's changed a bit. And now has 2 Titans in him.
Ooh Historia, get it gurl!
Sashaaaaaaaaa
Oh Conny...

Kemono Jihen -- Kabane figured out how to :gossj: !

SnK -- MAL and AniChart both say the final season is 16 episodes... it feels like there's a lot left to squeeze into the last 6 episodes! The stuff going on in the manga in recent chapters is pretty nuts. I guess there will only be one or two more episodes of slow build before the anime starts getting crazy again.

That would be great. but who knows what they can fit into 6 eps depending on where this goes

Winder Egg Priority

Spoiler

I'm legit surprised neither of the crash test hosts tried to say "Haters gonna hate"

Yay! Animal sidekicks!

Seriously wasn't cool of Ai's mom to pull that stunt. Even if it was obvious she was gonna start dating the Sus teacher, there were better ways she could have approached that topic other than that. 

Good on Ai that she wants to go back to school, still don't trust sus teacher. 

Wonder Egg #6 - this show is so nice to look at. Some great background music and sounds in this episode too. It keeps getting better and better. Teacher's a creep for sure...

Dr. Stone

- Nicely done Chrome! :highfive: 
- I hate this new COP guy already, please don't tell me that he later joins the Kingdom of Science :sick: 
- Those visuals of Chrome with his pants stuffed :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: 

HIGURASHI

Spoiler

FEATHERINE

THAT'S FEATHERINE

FEATHERIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE

IT'S HAPPENING

OH SHIT

OH SHIT

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Spoiler

I am excited for you Nelle since I have no idea what's happening but holy fuck

Also WHAT KIND OF FUCKING PRIVATE SCHOOL HAS A FUCKING PRISON WITH UNIFORMS?!?!

Promised Neverland

Spoiler

Norman's leaving stuff out in his story. 

Why do I feel like Ray and Emma aren't gonna be happy about this reunion by the end of this?

What's the experiment Norman?????

Evil-Blooded whaaaaaaa?

Things don't look like they're going to end well with Norman and his new buddies

:uhoh:

More thoughts re: Neverland:

Are demons just humans that have somehow turned into demons..? I wouldn't mind a Planet of the Apes sort of twist where the kids eventually find out that they are in face currently in what used to be the human world...

Jujitsu Kaiser

Spoiler

Omg I can't get enough of the "Bestu Fruedno!" Pact here!! 

I love everything about this fight!

God, the fucking animation quality on JuJutsu Kaisen

Pandashhhhhh

I love how they waited until like halfway through the episode to play the opening credits

And fucking Itadori is calling Toudou "BESTOH FRIEND" now, god dammit :rotfl:

NOPE, WE UPGRADED TO BRATHA

• Shiny 1

Kemono Jihen

Spoiler

I need more friends who'd be willing to let me kill and help like Kabane, not that I don't to some degree but damn it should be just like that.

AoT

Spoiler

IN YOUR FACE GABI

Kemono Jihen

Spoiler

hey real quick what the fuck my dude

• ROFL 1

Kemono -- That was pretty fucked up, poor Shiki :-/

Also

Spoiler

Pretty sure his uncle killed Shiki's dad too. "Happen to fall off a cliff" pfft. sure buddy.

AoT

I find it frustrating because there's like 5 episodes left and we're way past the point where we should still be setting up political situations and concerned taxpayers.

Like the author thinks the things he has to say about the characters and about politics is way more interesting than it actually is, and we sacrificed an incredible setting and amazing underdog story for Japanese mineral exploitation and military committees reading intricate documents detailing secret plans from a guy who turns into Donkey Kong

Only hope is that those spooky Founding Titan brainwashing powers are being used to make all this stuff and we're actually still back in the old world (and Eren isn't actually a psycho who's manipulating that brainwashing power to cover up his psycho-ness like it's kind of indicating)

Acks a weirdly coincidental thing that's happening anime-wise, AoT used to be about overcoming overwhelming odds against monsters so they can live in safety and peace and Promised Neverland used to be about overcoming entrenched social structures to finally earn freedom and now AoT is about overcoming entrenched social structures to finally earn freedom and Promised Neverland is about overcoming overwhelming odds against monsters so they can live in safety and peace and both are worse off for it

Unlike Promised Neverland, which has taken a bit of a bad turn recently IMO, I mostly like the direction that Isayama has taken for SnK... I guess I'll spoiler this just to be safe...

The elements you don't seem to like, I think help to add some depth to the story, even though they aren't really major factors in the story at the end of the day. Soon that stuff kinda takes a backseat when the story takes another turn. If the Hizuru were helping Paradis just because of the historical connection (plus Mikasa being there) then that would have been a fine explanation, if a bit flimsy, but I think it's a bit more interesting that there are ulterior motives at play. And the stuff with the volunteers, military intelligence stuff, etc., while I can totally get why some might not be compelled by it, I guess I also find to be interesting. I think these details are just attempts by Isayama to add more layers to the story. Not everyone likes it though.

Just read chapter 137, didn't realize it released a couple weeks ago... feels like we're very close to the end now! :uhoh: 137 would be the 3rd chapter of the next (final?) volume. The majority of the volumes have 4 chapters, so it feels like chapter 138 should be the final one. By the time 138 releases, the anime will be nearing the final episodes as well.

The manga will officially end in April

Horimiya 7

Spoiler

Awwwwww here comes some teen angst between others! It's all so natural feeling though.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww these two

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW SOTA

• Shiny 1

1 hour ago, Anelle said:

The manga will officially end in April

Huh, did I count this right? We're either getting multiple skipped weeks so the final chapter can come out or we're getting whatever the final episode is a few days before the manga ends

They're either about to cut and cram a LOT in the anime or they will announce a finale movie after the last anime episode (which is what I'm hoping and betting on due to the timing) but who knows

I'll be happy to see a last minute, surprise announcement of one more (longer format) episode / special / movie for the finale. I don't really want to have to wait multiple weeks in that scenario to see the ending animated, but if we see the story's ending in the anime before the manga then that would be a bigger letdown. Kinda weird how this is playing out, but I'm sure it's all been planned out between Isayama and his publisher and the anime people... Wait and see, I guess!

Wonder Egg 7

Spoiler

this series continues to impress me with its animation and story! Some heavy shit weighs on these girls, damn

• Like 1

For sure

Spoiler

I was legit wondering if one of these girls were going to be the type of self harm from the way a lot of the heavy shit gets presented in this show. I'm not surprised that it's Rika either since she was a pop idol. Granted that's not the automatic reason.

I really like how they approach the solutions here too to a lot of the heavy topics too. Makes me wonder if we'll be hitting Neiru's background a little more next.

Wonder Egg Priority is so weird and good. I like it more every week. I've said it already, but it's so pretty. Just a beautiful show to look at. Real heavy subject matter though :sad:

Re:Zero

Spoiler

PUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!

BEATRIIIIIIIIIICE! (I know that she's only alive because of the respawn but after the last time we saw her It just makes me all teary to see her!)

Ah! Ram vs Roswal!

EEEE! Garf and Fran! 

Omg I know that the last 4 episodes are gonna be intense but my heart is bursting from gushing so much.

DAT HIGURASHI

YAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• Shiny 1

Seriously didn't know what to expect there. Just holy fuck.

Spoiler

So did that God mistake Satotko for Rika's lineage? 

Satoko telling Rika her "hypothetical" reasoning and feelings about the exams was too good to be true on her first reboot.

Holy fuck is Rika going to remember next loop after hearing Satoko say "next time"???

35 minutes ago, Tassifox said:

Seriously didn't know what to expect there. Just holy fuck.

Hide contents

So did that God mistake Satotko for Rika's lineage? 

Satoko telling Rika her "hypothetical" reasoning and feelings about the exams was too good to be true on her first reboot.

Holy fuck is Rika going to remember next loop after hearing Satoko say "next time"???

Spoiler

The god did not mistake Satoko for anyone that she isn't already :evillaugh: (Kidding. Sorta. She called her some things that allude to other universes from other works of 07th Expansion, hinting at but not confirming some running theories.)

This is our answer arc, so I think next we're gonna see a bit how Satoko was manipulating the timelines we've seen this season before we return to the point where Rika becomes aware that Satoko is a looper.

• Like 1

Promised Neverland

Spoiler

Noooooo Norman can't die again!!!

So is Mujika and Sonja actually going to help if they're found? I still keep feeling like they're a hidden different type of bad guy.  

Neverland 

I'm beginning to think Norm is the bad guy here...

Dr. Stone

Still don't like the cop but Ukyo is cool. I'm excited for the next episode!

Higurashi

Spoiler

Rika hasn't handled Satoko perfectly, but Satoko clearly overreacted both times.  Another case of neither learning their lessons from the previous loop.  They have to be transparent and reach out no matter what.  Lest the curse take hold.

It's definitely seeming like we'll be getting answers here, and then probably(hopefully) be left off with unfinished business, whether that be more Higurashi involvement or moving on to one of the other universes' lore.

I just hope they find a way to end this without Rika or Satoko killing each other with the shard of the sword. 

• Like 1

Anybody else gonna check out High-Rise Invasion this weekend? Just hit Netflix. I'm kinda curious.

• Like 1

Jujutsu Kaisen still really good -- and it gets even better next week! Finally what we've all been waiting for, the BASEBALL episode!!! :shiny: 

4 hours ago, little birdy said:

Anybody else gonna check out High-Rise Invasion this weekend? Just hit Netflix. I'm kinda curious.

I've watched one episode on Gogo because even though Netflix said it was popping up on Thurs it didn't. Haven't had a chance to check today but from the first ep I'm curious. And it's only 11 eps. 

I might give it a go, I used to read the manga pretty faithfully just because it was so weird I wanted to see if it'd ever go anywhere but my god it dragged on forever and I lost interest.

I imagine the anime might give me the same feeling, a little taste of weird. Just enough to where I'm like ok that was kinda fun let's move on

Horimiya #8

Lots of major :lol: moments in this episode. Please just give me more of this every week! But also find a way to work Hori's dad into too. 

Horimiya remains charming and fun! yaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Watchin' some High Rise Invasion while I eat, story is already streamlined for the better but I still got the manga open to refresh myself on things they've changed because I can

there's fanservice in the manga but they really kicked it up more for the anime and I really wish they wouldn't but ok

SK∞ #8

The tournament feels like its gonna be pretty exciting! I liked the twist with SNAKE in this episode.