Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tassifox

Winter Anime 2021

Wow. That's how strong the power of The Rumbling is :lolgrin:

Apparently episodes 73 and 74 will broadcast back-to-back this week, so I'll have to wait until Sunday to watch.

• Like 1

They're probably saving us from more extremely dumb plot twists

AT LEAST WE GOT ODM GEAR VS TITANS BACK :jumboshiny:

• Shiny 1

Zeke being all "You wont kill your own dudes" and I'm just like "Ohhhh buddy, they've been taking the blame for killing their own dudes this whole time, what's a few more?"

• ROFL 1

Spoiler

Also HAVE YOU MET LEVI ZEKE?! HE GIVES AB-SO-LUTE NO FUCKS

Wonder Egg Priority

Spoiler

I'm intrigued that they brought in a trans character! A little disappointed in it because they've established that "only girls end up in this realm" or whatever because that gives an implication that Kaoru isn't truly a boy but I think the spirit was in the right place as far as the writing's intentions. Momoe certainly acknowledged him as a guy. 

As for the rest-----WHAT THE FUCK LMAO

So the Accas are dudebrains in dummies and we're just gonna leave it at that for now ok

POOR MOMOE CAN SHE CATCH A FUCKIN' BREAK

Still wondering what teacher's deal is but I mean I suppose that's the point

Also excuse me fucking Thanatos? As in god of death? I mean sure that makes as much sense as anything else in this but WHAT

• Like 1

Spoiler

This was definitely a heavy episode considering Kaoru's story. I am glad they are trying to cover a lot of different heavy topics in this series for girls growing up. 

I still can't help but feel like Teacher is going to be a disappointment later and doing more damage but now that he's being confronted with Koito's death we'll be finding out.

Hm Thanatos. I mean it does make sense considering that all of this is surrounding suicides of young women and having love aka Eros being an element needed to fights against essentially the dark emotions that lead to suicides such as self hate and what not. 

I'm wondering if this is going to get all wrapped up in only 2 eps left or if we might have a lead to a season 2?

Poor Momoe :(

That was a lot packed into one episode of WEP :O.O: The kendo coach... :sick:

That Time I Was Reincarnated As A Slime/S2/E10

That kill in the first half of this was cool as fuck.

• Like 1

@Vic Boss

Spoiler

One of my friends has officially dubbed this point "That time I got reincarnated as a Demon Lord" for the drastic turn of events :rotfl:

Higurashi

Spoiler

jesus christ Satoko.

ANOTHER SEASON ANNOUNCED THANK GOD

I dunno why I always hit post on these before I'm ready to complete my thoughts but EDITING THEM IN

So now we know why people we've never seen go L5 rapidly got to that point! *music* Satoko All Along! I mean I figured her messing with timelines was nudging things in wild directions but she's directly fuckin' doing it, the mad lass. I'm still very interested in if her own Hinamizawa syndrome has anything to do with her going this far down the yandere path or if she just fully broke without it interfering since she technically received her abilities after she no longer had it. Satoko doesn't appear to have mentally aged the way Rika did. It feels like she spent 100 years watching all of Rika's fragments but not doing any actual growth from it, just gathering intel. 

NOTHING TO DO BUT FROTH UNTIL JULY I GUESS

• Like 1

I mean at least we only have to wait til July. That won't be too bad.

Spoiler

I am legit sad that Satoko is turning out this way though. Especially when her uncle actually took a turn for the better out of the ripple effects. But holy fuck. 

And yes mentally she hasn't grown at all. She's too obsessed with what she experienced and blaming Rika for it all when actually, had she just learned the first  (or few times) that some friendships just outgrow like that and Satoko should have been supporting her dreams regardless that she couldn't do it with Rika. Rika obviously didn't quite see what Satoko was explaining that Satoko didn't have the same stamina for studying like she did and I she just stepped back and let Rika do her thing, Rika may or may not have realized it on her own. 

But of course that's the boring logic vs rhe story we have now because of this toxic obsession. :riiight:

Promised Neverland

Spoiler

PHIIIIIIIL Omg that kid is too precious!

This is actually a pretty well laid out plan.

Oh shit Mama!! Ummm I mean Grandma!

OH FUCK MAMA

Yaaaaaaaaas! Demon revolution!!!!

Yea I had a feeling about who he was. 

Higurashi

Spoiler

Honestly pretty disappointed this was all we got for a finale, as it didn't really feel like much that mattered was revealed, and half of it was basically a recap of Kai.

That said, I'm glad there's a next season.  I'm curious to see whether Satoko and Teppei were just acting the whole time during the redo of that arc, and whether Shion has any kind of connection to it all.  But I'm mostly hoping the next season spends the better part of it's time showing is new content.  At least half of it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Psycho666Soldier said:

Higurashi

Hide contents

Honestly pretty disappointed this was all we got for a finale, as it didn't really feel like much that mattered was revealed, and half of it was basically a recap of Kai.

That said, I'm glad there's a next season.  I'm curious to see whether Satoko and Teppei were just acting the whole time during the redo of that arc, and whether Shion has any kind of connection to it all.  But I'm mostly hoping the next season spends the better part of it's time showing is new content.  At least half of it.

Spoiler

I'm with you on this, as a finale it was.......... lackluster. Lots of build up of Takano with no real payoff for her. It feels more like a midseason finale where things are just left at a midpoint rather than a full season finale, and maybe it's intended to? Still, I wanted more! I hope the next season will be new content too, we've had enough build up and teasing. It's full answer arc time. 

Also, just sayin', there is more than enough time to read Umineko before next season. If y'all don't wanna do the VN then theres scans of the manga on mangadex and other sites. JUST SAYIN'

• Like 1
  • ROFL 1

Neverland

Lots to take in from this episode... I'm just wondering how'd they make all those hot air balloons?

:lol: This show has been too random

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Anelle said:
  Hide contents

I'm with you on this, as a finale it was.......... lackluster. Lots of build up of Takano with no real payoff for her. It feels more like a midseason finale where things are just left at a midpoint rather than a full season finale, and maybe it's intended to? Still, I wanted more! I hope the next season will be new content too, we've had enough build up and teasing. It's full answer arc time. 

Also, just sayin', there is more than enough time to read Umineko before next season. If y'all don't wanna do the VN then theres scans of the manga on mangadex and other sites. JUST SAYIN'

I've considered picking up the manga.  I'm about caught up on everything that I've been reading/intrigued to read, so it's probably about time to pick up another finished product to kill my time with.

Spoiler

The good thing is now we can keep getting cursed Wholesome Teppei/Tsundere Teppei memes without the potential truth ruining them for a few more months.

• Like 1

Dr. Stone

Spoiler

For some reason, I thought this was the last episode, so while a hell of a climax, it didn't end where I had expected this arc to end.  I also kind of forgot how involved the final showdown with Hyoga was and didn't fully remember how they ended it, so that was kind of a nice refresher.

That said, Senku and Tsukasa high-fiving each opened petty closed wounds, as I thought it was really odd the anime didn't portray their first high five before they went separate ways.  The manga put a lot of highlight on that panel, and it comes full circle in this moment.  It still works just because they established the high five as a sign of ultimate respect with Senku, it's just a little less weighty without the initial interaction with Tsukasa.

Part 3 can not come soon enough.  There's enough manga content right now that I'm hoping the wait isn't too long.

Also, for those disappointed by the "twist" in the previous episode

Spoiler

Tsukasa all but says, "I have a sick sister and grown ups didn't let me give her the brief happiness I could offer" in the second episode.  So a little less ex machina than some have complained about online.

• Like 1

Jujutsu Kaisen

Spoiler

god as much as I love this show the fucking Juju Stroll shit always manages to top the actual show somehow 

FORMATION B

• Like 1
  • ROFL 1

Juju

Yeah the Juju Stroll is always amusing.

"I'm not saying a bunt is bad." Well I'll say it, because a bunt is almost always bad. Don't do it! :mad:

• Like 1

Horimiya

Spoiler

Omg Hori has it right on how boys are weird. 

I wanna punch that teacher in the face. 

Iru-kuuuuuuuuun 💙

JuJutsu

Only one more left before the season's done, I think ;_;

"Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Character development continues to be top-notch. I fucking loved that line about "No matter how many allies you have around you, when you die, you'll be alone." RI-fucking-P, sac bunt

• ROFL 1

Kenmono Jihen

Spoiler

Poor Yui, ending up being a breed stud and was trying to keep Akira out of it. 

Shingeki no Kyojin S4 E14 Part 2

The earthquake actually did this episode a favour and ended at a more exciting part :lurk:

We had a single gasp of excitement and now we're back to dumb politics and it looks like talking about nothing next episode

Where did the broadcast cut off?

Spoiler

It cut off right after Levi beat the living shit out of Zeke. I haven't watched the re-broadcast full but looks like I didn't miss anything yet. XD I'll worry about it tomorrow.

@Anelle

• Like 1

Attack on Titan #73 and #74 -- I'm enjoying the slow parts, the Zeke back story, etc., but I get why some people don't like it. I love the back-and-forth between Zeke and Levi especially. That scene with Eren talking to Armin and Mikasa was harsh to see animated :crying2: 

Kemono Jihen -- Death by snu-snu for Yui..? :uhoh: :rotfl: 

45 minutes ago, little birdy said:

Attack on Titan #73 and #74 -- I'm enjoying the slow parts, the Zeke back story, etc., but I get why some people don't like it. I love the back-and-forth between Zeke and Levi especially. That scene with Eren talking to Armin and Mikasa was harsh to see animated :crying2: 

Kemono Jihen -- Death by snu-snu for Yui..? :uhoh: :rotfl: 

Sort of maybe manga spoiler about that scene?

Spoiler

I felt like Eren's struggle with his emotions vs. his "logic" really came through more with the way the scene was drawn as well as the voice acting.  In the manga, I remember Eren feeling a lot more dead and it was more convincing that he fully believed in this path.  But I felt this scene helped bring through the fact that despite his resolve, he's still struggling a bit.  Maybe it's also the effect of having read the most recent chapter, but either way, well done.

Yeah I think it's been helpful to see and hear some of this stuff animated. The manga is great too, and I like how when reading manga there's sometimes more room for interpretation on the part of the reader... you can use your imagination to fill in some gaps a bit and add to the story in your head. But maybe I don't always see things the same way the author did or intended me to. The added dimensions of animation and voice acting are nice. (Of course I'm also assuming here that the anime is a true representation of what Isayama intended when writing the manga... I guess only he knows the answer to that!)

AoT 15

Spoiler

Got some Zeke background. I had a feeling it was going to come to this bit sooner or later when he's lived a whole different life as Jaeger's son vs Eren. And not really for the better side.

Well shit he blew himself up. O.o

Grisha's kinda flying under the radar here; what a shitty father :rotfl:  

• Like 1

wonder egg priority

Spoiler

gonna "live" react since it got delayed and i'm antsy anyway

• welp one minute in and OH GOD WHAT THE FUCK NO
  • not that i wasn't expecting it but COME ON
  • really playing into the horror genre with those fear faces
  • sway to openingggggg
  • oh shit ominous bulletin board
  • OMINOUS DOCUMENTS AND PHOTO
  • I'm sorry what
  • you MADE a girl?
  • lmao the drawings
  • uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • jesus fucking christ
  • frill is adorable
  • ok what is the fucking lip pops what
  • uh oh
  • husband? does she just assume they're a couple or were they a couple and Acca is bi or was that just a way of phrasing it I NEED TO KNOW but ura Acca also was interested in her I AM CHOOSING TO BELIEVE THIS IS A BIG BI MESS BECAUSE I WANT TO IT'S MORE FUN THAT WAY (also i know it's just that she considers them her parents don't @ me) 
  • uh ohhhh
  • uhhhhhhh ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • FRILL NO
  • JESUS
  • ohhhhhhhhhhhh noooooooooooooooooo
  • oof.
  • aww Himari is cute too
  • nope
  • Himari stop
  • nnnnnnnnnnnope
  • uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • WELP 

• Like 1

I'm gonna have to re-watch WEP today because I watched it late last night and I was nodding off near the end, but wow there was a lot going on in that episode. Poor Frill :sad: 

Playing big catch up today.

Slime Datta Ken

Spoiler

Or as my friend and I dubbed it from here out "That time I got reincarnated as a Demon Lord."

So much fucking intensity in this ep. 

King is a total dumbass. 

The steps of the Harvest Festival evolution

Everybody EVOLVE!!

DUUUUUUUUUUDE

Wonder Egg

Spoiler

Wow they didn't waste time on Rika's finish line.

Maaanneeeeeen 😭

Okay these Death Minions are creepy AF

Of course it started with making an AI.....because why not have chaos start from that. 

Frankenstein wants a Bride

um Acca.....dude....

Fuuuuuck.....

Re:Zero

Spoiler

Fuck Subaru might actually pull this off.

RAAAAAAAM!!!! :shiny:

Omg yes shoe slap!

Shit the witch has been in that room all this time?

Lol that talk.....umm...BABY?!??! NANDE?!?!?

OFFS Lia doesn't know how babies work does she???

I can totally get behind the Roswal bashing. 

Leave it to Lia to make sure everything is in proper order.

Haaaaaaaaaa Subaru finally becomes a knight!

Something's gonna happen after the ceremony.......

Something is fucking going to happen.....

*BIG SIGH OF RELIEF*

May be a Twitter screenshot of text that says 'Foxen @FoxenAnime You know it's bad when... #PromisedNeverland TL4DR The Promised Neverland Season 2: No One Wants Writing Credit for Episode 10 The Promised Neverland Season 2, Episode 10 has no credited writers, which is as strong an indicator as any of what a mess the show has become 7:06 AM 20 Mar 21 Twitter Web App'

• Sad 1

Yea......I don't blame them 

Stone wars

Spoiler

Now Gen doesn't have to feel alone at his reactions of Senku's ideas for new creations in the stone world lol. :rotfl:

Neverland

Spoiler

I'm glad that nothing serious happened during the goodbye scene. I legit kept waiting for the shoe to drop this is how much these intense shows have warped me.

I feel like they're just wrapping things up in a tidy-ish bow to prevent making and fucking up a 3rd season. I mean I'm fine with it but.....I dunno. It seems....i have no words to describe it. 

I do want to read the manga tho.

promised neverland

Spoiler

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

they have fucking BUTCHERED this so bad holy shit

the manga has its own pacing problems and muddy story bits but this...

god they really went with "yeah shit happened i dunno read the manga" montage jesus christ

yikes. This is just a smoldering wreck. First season was so good too T_T

So like...is Promised Neverland still worth watching?  Are the complaints exclusive to the anime or would reading the manga provide the better experience at this point?

It's a hyped manga I've been meaning to read ever since I started Dr. Stone, and I never heard anything bad until this season got going.  So I'm curious.

@Psycho666Soldier i can't speak for Nelle since she's read the manga. For me it feels similar to Hellsing (not Ultimate reboot but the first one) where it starts out so strong and then they just went "Pfft, fuck around and find out or some shit" and left a chalky feeling in my mouth. This is what I feel happened with PN in this last season because that last ep just left no satisfaction for me. Regardless of loose ends tied.

I really want to read the manga now because I feel like it will give me the satisfaction I'm lacking from.....that. especially seeing Nelle's reaction now. 

I don't think it's worth watching, no. However, if you're already mostly through season 2 then I guess might as well if you really wanna see some shoddy work. If you're not interested in reading the manga or don't have time right now, go on and finish the anime just to feel like you have some sort of baseline I guess? Otherwise, drop it and use that time to read the manga. If you don't want to revisit what was covered in the first season start at chapter 38.

Then sit and realize there are 181 chapters. And season 1 was 38 of them. Then despair at what season 2 was.

Or not, just enjoy the manga. It has its flaws and I can see how they'd want to rework the story a bit to flow better but that's not at all what they accomplished :rotfl:

I won't post the actual tweet because it does contain a spoiler image for the last ep but the text from it is my fav summation of this: "congratulations to the promised neverland for being the only anime to condense an entire story arc into A STILL IMAGE" :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

• Like 2

I like a happy ending so I guess I'm OK with how they finished Neverland because it was a happy ending + no cliffhanger or threat of a 3rd season :rotfl: But wow what a bad final episode. It was more of a slideshow than an animation. Nice transitions :rotfl:

I have zero interest in reading the manga. 

The final episode of Stone Wars was also pretty OK. I enjoyed this show overall, but I'm also kinda glad it's over I guess. Not super hyped to see more of it. 

Honestly, the next part is when shit starts getting better, but you've seemed pretty meh on the series in general, so I'm not really sure anything coming up will appeal to you more than what's come before. 

I liked the finale because mostly due to knowing what comes next, so I was extra hype about the ending.  Plus, I really enjoy that conversation between Senku and Tsukasa.  But eh :shrug:

Jujutsu Kaisen

Spoiler

Okay Straw doll technique is BADASS
I felt the last battle was kinda short buuuuuut a lot of it was in the last episode as well soo OK.
Dammit Sukuna eating another of his fingers.:rotfl:
Yaaaay the whole team gets to be First Grade sorcerers!
Not a bad way to end it, leaves room for S2 if (and def when) it gets approved

Oh shit, Jujutsu Kaisen prequel movie is happening :shiny:

for those who don't know: there's a small prequel (i think like 4 or so chapters?) set before the main anime starts and I am VERY EXCITED ABOUT THIS GETTING ANIMATED

• Shiny 1

I LOVE HORIMIYA SO MUCH I LOVE ALL OF THESE LIL IDIOTS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Shiny 1

Gaaaaahhhhhh I'm so glad there's one more ep to go of Horimiya!

Spoiler

GAWDS dealing with family and the SO. :rotfl: I'm so glad I didn't go through any of this hardly when I was dating my ex at at time. My parents only met him once and then shortly after we broke up. So my folks didn't get attached to him. Lol. His folks though were aware of his poly life so while I liked his mom and his sister I always felt weird about how they thought of me since he had other partners then. (Only like 2 besides me)

Toru would totally fit the poly life the way he thinks about his relationships with the girls. 

I'm so glad they didn't make this an uber romantic gusher of a Xmas ep. It's simple and to the point. 

Ehhhhhhhhh?!?! MIYAMURA!!!!!

8 hours ago, Anelle said:

I LOVE HORIMIYA SO MUCH I LOVE ALL OF THESE LIL IDIOTS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Only one episode left. I'm gonna be pretty bummed out when it's over :crying2: