Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dr. b

Self isolation, social distancing, sheltering in place, whatever else you call it

So there's an anti-parasite medicine called Ivermectin. It is most commonly used for animals, particularly horses, so you can go to feed shops and buy it. There have been some experimental treatments for COVID that use Ivermectin as part of it, and they're largely inconclusive on whether it has any benefits. It's basically the "new" hydroxychloroquine buzzword drug that the "government doesn't want you to know!!!" type thing. So rather than seeing that there's studies about it going on and thinking "man I hope those show we can repurpose this common drug into a treatment plan, that would be great" you have people going "SEE WE'VE HAD THE CURE THE WHOLE TIME AND THEY'RE LYING TO US ABOUT IT GO TO THE FEED STORE AND BUY SOME"

So you have people going and buying versions of this that are rated for horses with no idea how to dose. You have people spreading rumors about it like wildfire on social media. Some dumbass we know has fallen deep into the conspiracy theory rabbit hole and has been posting shit and once again I am just fucking TIRED 

................:nope:.........

I have not heard of this new development, and kinda wish they went back to drinking bleach. 

It just baffles me that people will screech that vaccines are "unproven" and dangerous but then will gladly ingest horse dewormer. Everything baffles me. TIRED

• Like 1

Yeah, I've been seeing stuff about it. The Poison control hotline thing has been seeing MASSIVE spikes in calls from people taking the stuff. Like, what the actual fuck. :facepalm:

In other news, the schools in our district are not requiring masks (not banned outright like some of our idiot states), but there's also NO option for online learning. My oldest two are vaccinated now, but my 8 year old can't get it. Going to have all 3 wear masks just to be safe with the way things are progressing with the new variants, but this is just exhausting at this point.

Saw there was a school somewhere that got around their state ban by making masks a part of the schools dress code. :rotfl: 

And in yet other places, we have mobs threatening school board members when they get out of meetings relating to Covid precautions. I just can't anymore. -_- 

• Like 1

It legit doesn't take much.

But sure, let them be dumb and purge themselves and take out innocent bystanders along for the ride. Fuck them. 

I never heard about the Ivermectin thing until I read these posts. Wow :fup: I guess it’s only a thing in the USA… I don’t think anybody is using that stuff (on humans) up here. 

Maybe Special K would work better. They use that stuff on horses too. K-Hole the coronavirus :rotfl:

There's definitely precedents for medications to be repurposed into things way outside the scope of what they were developed for. Hell, even Ketamine! I personally know a few people who have had some amazing breakthrough results doing clinical ketamine therapy for their depression! But with this fucking Ivermectin bullshit all these same people who are using "well there's not enough time or proof of what these vaccines do for this!" as their argument against vaccinations are somehow just champing at the bit (pun absolutely intended) to ingest horse paste because REALINFO.CUCK.INFO told them that the government knows about this but doesn't want to tell them! "Ivermectin's been around for years! It's proven!" I saw someone say. Yes, it has....FOR DEWORMING. There ARE small studies trying to see if it's effective covid treatment but that doesn't mean jack shit. The disconnect is just staggering. 

Literally animal products are often harsher or made for completely different physiologies than humans, it's ridiculous. The equine painkiller Phenylbutazone (aka bute) used to be human approved and you technically still could use it as a painkiller, but it has severe side effects such as suppression of the immune system and aplastic anaemia, and you literally have to guarantee your horse won't end up in the food chain to use it because it can still be present in the meat/cause those effects.

There's definitely opportunity for medical repurposing but not with people just chugging horse wormers :uhoh:

Yeah, that's the part I keep trying to stress to anyone I speak to about this.... ANIMAL MEDICATIONS ARE NOT RATED FOR HUMANS. THEY ARE RATED FOR ANIMALS. THIS IS VERY VERY IMPORTANT OH MY GOD PLEASE STOP EVEN THINKING ABOUT EATING HORSE MEDICINE PLEASE OH GOD except I try to be a lot calmer because people are so fucking up in arms and ready to fight over this shit. TIRED

our dumbshit friend is home and off oxygen, he's cleared for visitors and actually invited us over this weekend but we declined lol. We'll see him next weekend though. Now that he's (hopefully) fully survived this we're going to rip on him. Dumbass.

• Like 3

The number of cases reported in Ontario are climbing daily, slow and steady :-/ Still not out of control yet, but not a good direction to be heading in. School starts the day after Labour Day too. I really need the schools to stay open all year this year 🙏

• Like 1
  • ROFL 2

Dr. B don't be jinxing stuff. We already have an entire school district shut down here for about a week or so because of the rise in cases. 

Nelle- Glad to hear Lee's friend is on the mend. Throw an extra slap to the head for me when you do rip into him. 

There hasn't been a dramatic spike in COVID cases in Ontario yet, thankfully. 7-day average is 723 according to the chart on Google, which could be worse. The line isn't going straight up. Out in Alberta they are fairing much worse. Turns out that getting rid of COVID protocols and then basically doing nothing is not a good plan. Seems like the Alberta Premier has been in hiding for a while or something. No leadership. The guy is pretty much useless. I thought we all knew that already from his time in Stevie Harper's government, but the dummies in Alberta voted for him anyhow... glhf :fup: 

today in small pandemic victories--- finally got myself a haircut. I was right at the point where I was like "oof I need some of this gone" when the pandemic started and it's just kept growing. I'd been finally planning to get one and then delta was like lol nah but I found a place that is lil suites instead of full open floor plan. Bye bye almost 5 inches of pandemic hair!

• Like 3

PICS

I've been debating about getting it cut. And i have friends who are safe that i could get it done. But at the same time i wonder how long i can manage before the length finally pisses me off long enough to chop it. (It's about mid back, some to the small of my back range) it's been roughly 3-4 yrs since my last cut. I also feel like i'm just losing more hair either due to stress or age or....*throws hands in the air* 

Cases are still high here. At least PAX West sounds like it went well without too much issue. The photos i saw were bare with people and i heard the only passes they sold out on was Sat. But Enforcers were being really good about checking Vax cards and making sure people were wearing masks so coo coo. 

We're still dealing with some rooms being closed due to confirmed cases. At a daycare. For children.

6 hours ago, dr. b said:

There hasn't been a dramatic spike in COVID cases in Ontario yet, thankfully. 7-day average is 723 according to the chart on Google, which could be worse. The line isn't going straight up. Out in Alberta they are fairing much worse. Turns out that getting rid of COVID protocols and then basically doing nothing is not a good plan. Seems like the Alberta Premier has been in hiding for a while or something. No leadership. The guy is pretty much useless. I thought we all knew that already from his time in Stevie Harper's government, but the dummies in Alberta voted for him anyhow... glhf :fup: 

It's because of the federal election. Conservative Premieres are hiding out so they don't indirectly damage O'Toole's run.

Got my Vaccine Passport. I like these things for international travel but I don't like these things for ordinary everyday non-essential things and hope they disappear sometime soon. They both won't affect me either way though.

11 hours ago, Vic Boss said:

It’s because of the federal election. Conservative Premieres are hiding out so they don't indirectly damage O'Toole's run.

They’ve done that with Doug Ford the last couple campaigns, but I didn’t realize they would do that with Kenney too. 

I’m not sure how much Doug Ford would help or hurt anyway. Ontario voters tend to like different parties in the provincial and federal governments. Maybe we think that balances things out somehow :lol: Ford’s PC’s are in control at Queen’s Park, so people are likely to lean Liberal in this election (based on historical data). Just let Dougie loose and see what happens :popcorn:

• Like 1

Biden basically called out all the un-vaxxed assholes signing a mandate that any federal company that has over 100 employees to require vaccination (unless they legit can't get it due to medical reasons and show proof) or get tested weekly. 

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-business-health-coronavirus-pandemic-executive-branch-18fb12993f05be13bf760946a6fb89be

Who would have thought… :thinking2: :fup:

CE30D216-B70D-4E23-9E3E-E55817D651AF.jpeg

ah yes, fucked around and found out much to the detriment of so many people

HAVE I SAID I'M SICK OF THIS YET BECAUSE FUCK

• Like 1

My mom is in the hospital with Covid. And I just got a call my Uncle died from covid last night.

Just... fuck.

• Sad 3

Man, that really sucks. I hope your mum will pull through. 

Really sorry to hear that, Galeigh. :( Sending all good thoughts to your mum, hope she makes a swift and full recovery.

Galeigh that's rough as fuck, I'm so sorry :( Hold on and keep going, thinking of you and yours

That's awful! I'm so sorry to hear it, I hope your mom makes a full recovery.

Fuuck, my sincerest condolences about your uncle and i hope you mom pulls through Galeigh. We're here for you. 

Holy shit, dude. I'm so sorry. I hope your mom comes through this OK.

My Uncle waited too late to go to the Hospital, but we got my mom there via ambulance when her o2 levels started dropping. She is awake and stabalized. As long as there isn't a hard turn she should be ok.

The problem is that she was close to the uncle who passed and we are worried what the added stress will do. My uncle's shitty GF called her before my dad could tell her.

@Galeigh I'm really sorry to hear about your uncle.  Glad you got your mom to the hospital quick and I really hope things go well for her.  If you need anything bud, let us know.  I can't imagine how shitty you must be feeling right now. :(

Damn, dude. Hopefully with your dad he only feels a lil sick and that's it.  Are your parents vaccinated?

12 hours ago, Anelle said:

Damn, dude. Hopefully with your dad he only feels a lil sick and that's it.  Are your parents vaccinated?

They were not vaccinated, and now they are paying for it. My dad is doing okay as his O2 levels are in the safe zone.

Ugh, not the answer I was hoping for re: vaccines. I'm glad to hear your dad is doing ok though! How's your mom?

7 hours ago, Galeigh said:

They were not vaccinated, and now they are paying for it.

That must be a bit frustrating. Did they not want to get vaccinated, or they just never got around to getting it..?

That's seriously rough and sadly not the first friend I have who is having similar issues. I'm glad you're dad is staying steady at least.

Naturally I have Covid now. Doc said that because I was vaxxed the symptoms should be milder.

:( Oh shit man, please look after yourself

36 minutes ago, Galeigh said:

Naturally I have Covid now. Doc said that because I was vaxxed the symptoms should be milder.

Still a kick in the nuts. Hope you all get better quickly. 

2 hours ago, Galeigh said:

Want us to send you some ivermectin? j/k get better soon dude. Scotch always makes me feel nice when I’m sick. Try that :nod:

eatjnesdxgv nraewftrfg qa3e45ytqaetjmszrjn frnxbsdfxcvbadbgv nadfzvgbsefrbhawestrhaedtgnjarezdtgjktmnshymk

• Like 1

Scotch is great for that :thumbs: 

eat as much cheese as you possibly can

Sonuva....i'm glad your symptoms are mild Galeigh and i hope you recover quickly, how are your folks doing?

So a couple weeks ago one of my best friends since high school just lost her mom. We don't know what the cause was and we never will because autopsy is expensive af. But we knew that she was recovered from lung cancer and wasn't feeling so great recently. My friend just found out that when her mom was sick she tried to go to the hospital, she was turned away because it was one of the many overstuffed hospitals from high covid cases (North Carolina). They just gave her something quick to see if it would help and sent her on her way. Had she been able to be seen properly, she might not have died and been found by my friend's grandmother. (Who now is in a different hospital atm because they found a growth in her throat that has been the source of her coughing). 

Fuck. All. These. Antivaxers. 

That is heartbreaking and infuriating. So many people have and will needlessly suffer because of this shit. 

I haven't shared here yet because it was being kept extremely quiet but we had ANOTHER friend in the hospital with covid until very recently.... and she's heavily pregnant with twins. Not vaccinated. Things looked very grim for a while but it seems like her and the babies have made it out and quite frankly she's the luckiest bitch in the universe. Christ. Here's today's "have I said how tired I am yet" joke-but-not-really

• Sad 1