Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dr. b

Self isolation, social distancing, sheltering in place, whatever else you call it

Getting my second shot tomorrow at 11AM, grabbing some Tylenol and a bunch of gatorade while i'm in the store. Fingers crossed for a non-terrible reaction.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mera'din said:

Just did this tonight. Same movie. :shiny: 

My friend and I figured it would be fine because it was the middle of the week, and it was a subbed anime movie so figured there wouldn't be too many other people around to worry about. Definitely felt weird being in a theater, but there were only like 8 other people there and picking the seats cleared out all the seats around what you picked with ours as well so didn't have to worry too much. Was really fun though. Have definitely missed going to the theater. 

It was in South Dakota so I was worried they would half ass some of the typical protections, but the theaters there are doing a good job at least. Figure it's probably mostly the businesses that are nationwide that actually bother doing anything. Most of the stuff local to that state not so much from what I saw. 😕 

For sure. From what I saw they actually did really well with cleaning between showings and making sure there are options for sanitizing yourself like wipes for the seats and hand sanitizers in locations. I didn't see how the food was handled since one of my friends paid for it while we went to our seats but I'm sure it was similar. 

Idk if I'd go for big movie releases like upcoming Marvel movies and other ones though. Things are threatening to roll back to phases 2 in more counties around here including Seattle area (which no surprise because people be dumb). Or I would probably do it similar with certain friends at low popular theaters and weekdays. Idk. While I would love to just ease back into things we still gotta long way ahead of us. 

• Like 1

Had a sore arm, but other than that I got away unscathed.

So this is the latest update from the CDC, which I would love to jump for joy but it's basically moot since states are going to have their rules and regulations anyways.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated-guidance.html

Editing because now our Gov just announced that WA state is doing full reopening by June 30th......we are at 82% Vax doses given and supposedly we're having a decline of cases. I feel like we should at least be waiting another month or so out but *shrugs* they want to rush the economy so badly I can only hope this isn't too good to be true. 

https://komonews.com/news/local/gov-inslee-sets-full-reopening-of-state-by-june

FB_IMG_1620941565884.jpg

Edited by Tassifox

Ontario apparently stopped using the Astrazeneca vaccine and we don't have enough of the non-blood-clot vaccines to go around, so we're just living in a perpetual stay-at-home order. Everyone is going nutty. My 2 year old got sent home from daycare on Tuesday because she had a runny nose. My work is getting fucking dumb due to all of the problems caused by COVID around the world. I have consumed a truly unhealthy amount of beer over the last couple weeks, and I don't see an end to any of this bullshit in sight :fup: 

• Sad 1

Dude that fucking blows. :frownd:

"Thanks Doug" is trending on Twitter right now :rotfl: Stay-at-home order was planned to end May 20, but was extended yesterday to June 2. They still won't even allow the fucking golf courses to open. All of the major summer events in the GTA will probably be cancelled for the second year in a row (Caribana, the CNE, etc.) I don't golf or go to, well, anything really... so it's not like my life has changed much, but I'm a bit different than lots of (most?) people. Other folks need an outlet of some sort. A round of golf with a few friends would not be that dangerous. Close the clubhouse and bar/restaurant. Keep everybody outside. BYOB. Piss behind a tree if you have to. Walk the course instead of renting a car. This ain't rocket science. The golf courses could manage it safely and easily. I think provincial parks are open, at least, but I'm not sure if campsites are available. Everybody is cancelling all their spring/summer plans, I guess.

• Like 1

I honestly don't get this.  The studies show the outside shit is non-existent.  It seems like they just stubbornly refuse to cite any science and move to constantly close shit down totally on a whim.  I mean maybe we're going a little fast at times down here but that is honestly dumb.

It doesn’t make any sense, but the Ontario government has a track record of doing stuff that doesn’t make sense. During the winter lockdown (Boxing Day through to the end of January) ski hills were not allowed to open either. I don’t get it. 

The thing that continues to baffle  me is that Doug Ford is a Conservative who is supposed to be all about facilitating business. His big slogan after getting elected was basically, “Ontario: Open for business”. But for the past year he has continually shut down small businesses, closed relatively safe outdoor activities like golf courses, ski hills, camp sites, etc. The little guys , mom ‘n’ pops, are closing shop while Costco, Amazon, Walmart, etc. are probably making a killing. The government claims to be following guidance of the science board, but it just doesn’t add up. 

48 minutes ago, little birdy said:

It doesn’t make any sense, but the Ontario government has a track record of doing stuff that doesn’t make sense. During the winter lockdown (Boxing Day through to the end of January) ski hills were not allowed to open either. I don’t get it. 

The thing that continues to baffle  me is that Doug Ford is a Conservative who is supposed to be all about facilitating business. His big slogan after getting elected was basically, “Ontario: Open for business”. But for the past year he has continually shut down small businesses, closed relatively safe outdoor activities like golf courses, ski hills, camp sites, etc. The little guys , mom ‘n’ pops, are closing shop while Costco, Amazon, Walmart, etc. are probably making a killing. The government claims to be following guidance of the science board, but it just doesn’t add up. 

It's weird how badly they're handling this.  It's frustrating because there's clear science showing that this shit is useless and then it's harmful to everyone to just close all this shit down for no real reason.  It's the "just in case" shit I cannot stand because you can't argue against just in case, even when you have facts showing it's fucking stupid. :|

Like...where the fuck are all the "it's science" people now???  It's not a trivial thing to just shut down half the city man.  Come on.

Thankfully it was only 1 I had to deal with today, but basically an hour into my shift I had this one customer who basically wanted to pick a fight with me about enforcing the mask requirement in the store. :pissed2: like you are literally getting 2 fucking things and you want to waste time arguing with me and raving on about how our Gov needs to "focus on the fucking economy" when you coulda been in-out and fucking on with our lives. 

So while I did say that WA is 82% (now 84%) of vaccines administered as of the 17th of April. This is our current chart of people being vaccinated. I've heard that some people are trying to bow out of getting the 2nd dose, which I don't fucking understand that logic. As if I didn't have rhe urge to quit and be a hermit for the rest of my life already. :picard:

Screenshot_20210514-184236_Chrome.jpg

2 hours ago, Tassifox said:

I've heard that some people are trying to bow out of getting the 2nd dose, which I don't fucking understand that logic.

I don't think that is a significant amount of people though tbh.  The numbers we are seeing in the difference is just the rate of vaccinations ramping up so much with shit getting opened up wide in most places for who can get it.

• Like 1

I just think it's stupid not to go for the 2nd shot if you've already just gotten your first one. If you wanted the One n Done, research more where you can find the JJ vaccine when they started rolling those out again.

In slight recent news apparently kids 5 and over will be able to get vaccines in Sep. And Pfizer are doing trial runs on that going for FDA approval. 

Welp, guess I'm back here for good. Fuck Twitter:thebirds2:

• Shiny 1

So fuckin' sensitive about the C word...

• ROFL 1

Ayyyyy the single-dose vaccination percent of the country just rose above America's for the first time (which is the only our media knows how to measure success apparently). Way behind in second-dose vaccinations but the strategy here seems to be to give everyone the first dose ASAP to prevent hospitalizations and then we'll start getting to the second when we get to it.

• Like 1

It's better than none at all. I forget the exact numbers, but I remember hearing even just getting one shot of the two shot vaccines will protect you to some degree.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Vic Boss said:

Ayyyyy the single-dose vaccination percent of the country just rose above America's for the first time (which is the only our media knows how to measure success apparently). Way behind in second-dose vaccinations but the strategy here seems to be to give everyone the first dose ASAP to prevent hospitalizations and then we'll start getting to the second when we get to it.

Many Canadians want so badly to somehow be better than our American neighbours. It's silly.

I pre-reg'd for my first dose today. Just this week they opened it up to anybody 18+ in Ontario. I'm pretty low on the priority list though, so who knows how long I'll be on the waiting list before I get an appointment.

• Like 1

My parents just got their first shots last weekend and my first one is scheduled for the 30th. I think they opened it up to under 18s (down to 12 years old? I forget what it was) and said that if kids showed up with their parents they didn't need to pre-register to get a shot, so I'm wondering if I'll end up getting bumped because of so many extras being used.

• Like 1

WA is at 53.1% first dose and 41.8 fully vaxxed as of yesterday's update. I legit hope we keep going at this pace. Most folks are still being good about respecting wearing masks when we require it at work still but there's definitely more people "relieved" they can breathe again. *eyeroll* 

In lighter news a friend of mine started a FB group called the Covid Bod Reset Challenge. Not a weight loss challenge, just one that gets us back into good habits and get our bodies moving again for 30-60 days (whichever length at our own pace) and we started Thurs. So far I'm doing okay. I bought a multipurpose pressure cooker since I need to replace my room mates rice cooker when he moves out. I've been doing small easy workouts even after work, trying to lower bread intake (I know I won't be able to cut it out completely but that's the point of the challenge). Gonna try and get into the habit of food prepping meals. Tonight I made a chicken satay with home made peanut sauce and it's fucking amazing. 

20210521_190601.jpg

• Like 2

On 5/17/2021 at 1:41 AM, Deszae said:

Welp, guess I'm back here for good. Fuck Twitter:thebirds2:

On 5/17/2021 at 1:49 AM, Galeigh said:

She lost another account.

DESZAE, PLEASE LMFAO

beatin' people up verbally (they deserve it tho)

omg that satay looks gooooooooooooood now i'm fuckin' hungry

• Like 1
  • Shiny 1

@Anelle I'll send you the recipe, it was totes fucking easy to make and it gave me the excuse to use up more of the extra butter lettuce and shredded carrots I had since I didn't want to make rice for it. And that Peanut Sauce is fucking amazing!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Anelle said:

DESZAE, PLEASE LMFAO

beatin' people up verbally (they deserve it tho)

omg that satay looks gooooooooooooood now i'm fuckin' hungry

Lmao! I don't want to rant, but I'm so done there for many reasons, unless I get off my ass and start posting art there like I'd intended.

Mmns yes that looks good; I need to wake up Jams and figure out what we're eating today. He always default to pizza.

21 hours ago, Tassifox said:

WA is at 53.1% first dose and 41.8 fully vaxxed as of yesterday's update. I legit hope we keep going at this pace. Most folks are still being good about respecting wearing masks when we require it at work still but there's definitely more people "relieved" they can breathe again. *eyeroll* 

In lighter news a friend of mine started a FB group called the Covid Bod Reset Challenge. Not a weight loss challenge, just one that gets us back into good habits and get our bodies moving again for 30-60 days (whichever length at our own pace) and we started Thurs. So far I'm doing okay. I bought a multipurpose pressure cooker since I need to replace my room mates rice cooker when he moves out. I've been doing small easy workouts even after work, trying to lower bread intake (I know I won't be able to cut it out completely but that's the point of the challenge). Gonna try and get into the habit of food prepping meals. Tonight I made a chicken satay with home made peanut sauce and it's fucking amazing. 

20210521_190601.jpg

Looking tasty and that's a good goal to strive for. Been trying to keep up the pace with PT but I'm burnt out. And I go back to work next week unless otherwise from the doc orders lmao.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2021 at 7:59 PM, Tassifox said:

Tonight I made a chicken satay with home made peanut sauce and it's fucking amazing. 

Yo, that looks downright delectable👍

Getting my second shot tomorrow. Hoping it doesn't kick my ass as much as it does a lot of people I've spoken with. 😅

I do somewhat wonder if reopening is being a bit rushed, though... like, it's only very recently they teenagers have been cleared for vaccination, at least in America, and to my knowledge children are almost universally unvaccinated. While younger folks are much less likely to outright die from the virus, they do still seem to be prone to the cardiovascular issues that can result from infection, among other things. If we've got everything opened up, that's a lot of potential collateral damage among our nation's youth. 😕

• Like 2

Got my first shot today and then laid down on the couch and watched a 5 hour NASCAR race

About halfway through the race I started seeing laptimes in my eyeballs and commercials when I shut my eyelids

On 5/25/2021 at 2:14 PM, Chel said:

like, it's only very recently they teenagers have been cleared for vaccination, at least in America, and to my knowledge children are almost universally unvaccinated. While younger folks are much less likely to outright die from the virus, they do still seem to be prone to the cardiovascular issues that can result from infection, among other things. If we've got everything opened up, that's a lot of potential collateral damage among our nation's youth. 😕

Who's cheugy now you zoomer ass bitches

• Like 2

Y'all doing anything today? I'm chilling out and my fam is sticking to me like always. I did the whole socializing and cook out thing yesterday, which was fun. BBQ is like the best part of summer, imo.

20210531_101023.jpg

• Shiny 1

Worked through most of this Mem weekend especially today. Yesterday I had off and my friend's giant baby that she had during the pandemic has turned 1! So we had a small gathering with some of her fam and a couple of our friends who were all vaxxed. It was a good time. We kept joking how it was a Bday party/Housewarming combo since this was also the first time they had a big group of people since moving into the house before lockdown.

I got the message today to make an appointment for my first dose. I guess it’ll be later this week. My wife’s appointment is for tomorrow. 

• Like 6

Gettin' vaxxed tomorrow afternoon. No blood clots plz.

• Like 3

I had been holding off getting it to be sure everyone at risk was able to even though I was able to get in pretty early due to my work (despite only working with like 3 other people at any given time).  However, I have started hearing stories of places having to throw doses out recently and they've lowered the minimum age to 14 now (also our mask mandate is officially gone. :| ) so as soon as I heard the local pharmacy got more in I set up an appointment.

Had heard they only had the J&J one but when I went to sign up they had the Moderna one too so I did that one. Probably the most chill shot I've ever had in terms of the needle itself and initial reaction. Over the next 36 hours or so starting later that day, my arm hurt like nothing else. Didn't get hit with anything else like some people have though so that was good.  Get my 2nd one the 24th. Have to see about getting the older two kids in now as well since they're both itching to start looking for jobs now.

1 hour ago, Mera'din said:

However, I have started hearing stories of places having to throw doses out recently and they've lowered the minimum age to 14 now (also our mask mandate is officially gone. :| ) so as soon as I heard the local pharmacy got more in I set up an appointment.

Yup this is how I got in early basically.  Places that have more vaccines available than they have people scheduled for the day.  At that point, you might as well.

I've been making sure to share any place that advertises they have vaccines and are accepting walk ins anytime I see someone share it on my feed.

Work recently updated to where if any employees are vaxxed they can choose to wear their masks still or not. I'm still wearing mine because I know too many customers that never masked up to begin with and I'm not comfortable with it until WA gets somewhere closer to herd immunity (as of today we're at 46.7% on fully vaxxed). Not to mention I know a couple of coworkers who have chosen not to get the vaccine.  *sighs* I even had one lady try to talk to me about "doing my research" and started going into conspiracy theory rants. I know I've said this enough times but FUCK I'm so done with people.

Well I got my first dose shortly after noon today, and I ain’t dead yet :D My wife’s first dose yesterday gave her quite a bit of arm pain, but it was manageable. I figured it would go one of two ways for me: no reactions at all; or a full blown man flu. I think I’m good. No soreness or anything else. We’ll see how I feel in the evening and overnight…

• Like 1

So in order to boost numbers to get people vaxxed. My state is doing a special lottery that will have a weekly drawing until the 13th of July including a 1mil cash prize. This will also auto apply anyone who's had at least 1 vaccine shot before they had set up this form of bribery.

While I find it sad that we have to resort to this in order for people to GIVE A SHIT ABOUT A PANDEMIC. At this point I don't care anymore if it gets more people to vax up.

That being said send me all your good luck juujuu so if I win the big prize Next Center Group Meet is in my state my treat or I'll get to fucking travel to where-ever we have it next. Fuck ya!

As of this morning, the mask mandate has been lifted. We still have to wear them at work since OSHA hasn't ruled yet, but it's weird seeing so many maskless faces without feeling angry about it. I'm hoping this was the right move. As a state, there were "only" 827 new cases yesterday, and none in the county I live in.

• Like 1

This is how I'm feeling about things. Sort of a weird anxiety between the masks and no masks and whether it's because that person's vaxxed and just being considerate still wearing one/vaxxed and no mask/ not vaxxed and masked or not vaxxed and no mask because they're assholes. I've been still wearing mine during work hours because I know enough regulars who were a pain from the beginning about masks or coworkers who I know didn't Vax. One chart says we've issued 84% of vaccinations but only 51.4% is fully vaxxed in WA. And they're doing full reopening whether we hit our percentage goal or not at the end of June so.....*shrugs* all we can do is take care of our own at this point. 😕

Went to the local 7-Eleven and there was no more social distancing measures in place

WA state officially hits full reopening today. Mask guidance is still following CDC where if you're vaxxed you're fine unless businesses require it, if you not vaxxed mask up (but like fuck they will) and indoor events have to be at 75% capacity and will be revised in end of July. 

I'm still gonna wear mine to work and in public for a bit. But it has been nice doing group gatherings with vaxxed friends. Get some sanity back.

Got my second shot last week. Hit me HARD early Friday morning. Felt like the worst case of the flu I've ever had in my life. Woke myself up shivering violently about every 30 minutes or so over the course of like 10 hours of attempting to sleep. X_x

That part stopped before I had to go to work, but I basically did nothing that entire night. Was mostly better by Saturday and 100% by Sunday so doing much better now. XD

• Like 1

Oh yeah, I'm finally off medical leave and started working last wednesday. Omg, I am out of shape; everything below my torso was in stiffening pain afterwards.

• Like 1

Time to take up yoga :koffing: but no, seriously that sucks. 

• Like 1

Ayyyyy second shot, when does Ultra Instinct kick in?

• Like 2

takes a few days

I got my second dose last week. I was tired for a couple days, but that was it. Some story for the wife. Easy peasy.

• Like 1

Happened late the next day for my bf, never for me :jumboshiny:

• ROFL 2

So we've got this douchebag that runs an Italian restaurant out here, who is anti-mask/anti-vaccine, and has been straight up kicking people out for wearing a mask in his restaurant. He now is only serving non-vaccinated people. How he checks, I have no idea.

I saw an article about that restaurant. Saw the location and immediately thought of you. I thought the area I live in was bad. X_x