Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dr. b

Self isolation, social distancing, sheltering in place, whatever else you call it

Definitely look into whether there's city lists or grocery stores or pharmacies or anything like that that you can throw your name in on. My MIL was first priority but ended up getting hers via a local Brookshires rather than her workplace because she heard a rumor they had it and when she called they were like yeah, come on in. Obvs mileage may vary on scenarios like that, but better to put feelers out than not

My work has also started announcing about Covid vaccine info so hopefully that means my store will be a new location to get them soon. Right now I'm still not eligible atm but we're slowly getting there in what we have given out in vaccines. 

https://www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/COVID19/DataDashboard

I'm on the list for vaccinations, but haven't been able to take any since the surgery. I should've asked about that today. My job has been pushing for folks to get vacced asap.

Some (good) news: went to the doc and it turns out that an abscess ruptured and cause all the grossness yesterday. These are common to happen during these types of wounds and nothing I did caused it. Glad it was caught before I got an infection. Stomach now hurts like hell with a big gash in it and I'll find out if I can still go to work on time.

And speaking of work, they dun fucked up. I haven't been paid since Jan 5th and it turns out somebody put me under LWOP since then when I'm supposed to be under paid leave . I'm being told three different things from people and I'm losing my shit while running through all the savings I've worked hard to build up. 

I can't even anymore. Just wanna say "fuck this" and go back to work.

Yay for the good news!

Boooo about the work fuck up. That's fucking stupid. 

21 hours ago, Anelle said:

Definitely look into whether there's city lists or grocery stores or pharmacies or anything like that that you can throw your name in on. My MIL was first priority but ended up getting hers via a local Brookshires rather than her workplace because she heard a rumor they had it and when she called they were like yeah, come on in. Obvs mileage may vary on scenarios like that, but better to put feelers out than not

Just saw a news story earlier that CVS stores in the area will have vaccines on the 11th, gonna try and get in on that.

• Like 2

Jovanna got a job helping the city with the vaccine stuff so I think she's going to be able to get one really soon.  Definitely going to be relieved if that works out. :nod: 

• Like 4
  • Shiny 1

That's how it's worked for some of the volunteers up here so I hope the same with her!

Yeah the entire point of taking that job (this is extra on top of her actual regular day job) is to get that vaccine.  So you know, she's getting it almost surely or she'll probably just quit (we don't actually NEED the money, we just want the vaccine :rotfl:).

inb4

tenor.gif?itemid=18189812

• Like 2

Lol, that's fair. Vaccine and the health insurance would be why I stick around.:xd:

That's why i'm still in my current job. Gotta take advantage of that insurance.

• Like 1

My parents have their vaccines scheduled! They'll receive their first shots when we get our second round. I'll be able to relax just a bit more now, since they're still not bothering using precautions with my brother and his family (and bro & co certainly aren't taking precautions)

Just a bit though, they'll probably act like total fuckwits after they get the first round so I'll have to clench back up but i'll take a lil respite where I can get it for now

• Like 1

Jovanna got the first dose at that job thing on Saturday. :shiny:

• Like 5

That's wonderful!!! Which kind did she get?

I've had 1 dose of the Pfizer, second dose due at the end of March

• Like 2

I think one of the hardest parts for me from all this, is hearing stories from my friends who are either been infected or have/had family infected or die from Covid and feeling utterly useless and helpless because not even words of condolence feel anywhere near adequate when something like this happens.

One of my close friends posted that her Dad was taking some risks even though he would wash his hands and wear a mask. Risks like going to the gym everyday/hanging with people/etc. Because even though my friend and her siblings would tell him to not play that game he said he didn't want to skip over life so if he got it he got it. He was found unconscious when someone noted he didn't show up for work and it was discovered that he suffered a stroke due to Covid-peumonia combo, and then put into a medically induced coma with intubated to help him breathe. Apparently it's not uncommon for Covid to cause strokes without any prior symptoms)

3 days later (today) she updated that he's finally woken up and was able to respond to his name and be a little coherent. And sadly he can't move the left side of his body.

I'm happy for her that hopefully her dad can start getting on the mend but it's shit like this that makes me want to go around beating people with a stick for being selfish asshats and keep comparing this to the damn flu. 

• Like 1

On 2/9/2021 at 12:51 AM, Anelle said:

That's wonderful!!! Which kind did she get?

Pfizer!  Kept forgetting to ask haha.  They tried to tell her the first available was a while out but she was like eh fuck that, I'm just gonna go on one of the work days. :rotfl: 

Mom had her second shot on Thursday, she felt fine for most of the day, then felt not so great Friday. Called her this morning and she was doing better, so hopefully that's the worst of it.

My work is finally giving out the Moderna vaccines, now just need to wait until I'm eligible

I got nailed with the virus around a week ago, when someone in the household brought it home.

My symptoms have been sore throat, fatigue, slight achiness, and occasional blinding headaches. The cough lasted about 2 days.

Hope the rest of you get your vaccines in short order.

• Sad 1

That sucks. Being sick in any capacity is no fun, but it at least sounds like you're not experiencing really bad respiratory problems..? No high fevers either? Get well soon!

No fevers.  When I was about 12, my immune system became pretty unstoppable.

The excess fatigue has been quite annoying.

Fatigue can apparently be a lingering aftereffect of COVID-19. Hopefully that doesn't stick around with you for too long after you get better.

Second shot tomorrow, apparently! We were told expect a delay but apparently they're back on track!

• Like 1
  • Shiny 1

Officially got shot #2! I'll share side effects as they come if anyone wants so that y'all know what to expect but I think by now there's enough data for people to know what to expect. It's been about an hour since we got 'em and I don't quiiiiiiiiite feel run down but like... teetering on it? Keep in mind this is how I generally feel after flu shots too so it's pretty normal.

We're gonna go out for steak 2 weeks from now once these set in. Still gonna maintain masks and distancing and all that but we can unclench juuuust a bit. Gonna tip real well too. 

• Shiny 3

Got my 2nd yesterday too. Had some severe shoulder pain and fatigue, but that's mostly gone now. 

• Like 1

One ofnmy friends just posted saying one of the clinics on the Eastside of WA have 750 doses they need to use up by tonight or have to throw it out. I wonder if it was a freezer failure or if they didn't have enough people taking the vaccine? :(

there's been people here who signed up and then i guess didn't check their email (or their phone because we also got robocalls and texts informing us of our appointment) and didn't show up so there were wasted doses, or there could have been a million other factors I dunno. It fucking suuuuuuuuuuuuuucks seeing numbers like that though.

as for symptom update, i got me a big ole fat goose egg lump on my injection site i'll let y'all know if spiders hatch outta it

• Like 1

I'm officially done with the virus (as of Wednesday).  Sore throat and headaches were as bad as it got for me.

Good luck everyone

• Like 5

On 2/25/2021 at 8:24 PM, Anelle said:

there's been people here who signed up and then i guess didn't check their email (or their phone because we also got robocalls and texts informing us of our appointment) and didn't show up so there were wasted doses, or there could have been a million other factors I dunno. It fucking suuuuuuuuuuuuuucks seeing numbers like that though.

as for symptom update, i got me a big ole fat goose egg lump on my injection site i'll let y'all know if spiders hatch outta it

Spider report?

No spiders have erupted from it yet and the swelling has gone down but there's still time

Are your spidey senses tingling?

at one point I thought they were but it turns out i just had a really big fart brewing

So today they had way more shots than scheduled patients and just started calling in whoever.  Long story short, Jovanna got me and my mom in and get got the Pfizer vaccine. :O

• Like 2

I told him to get me one too, he just laughed. :(

Work is in the talks of vaccines for associates now. Most of you know this from the discord chat but a couple weeks ago my front end manager was going around asking each of us who was interested in getting the vaccine. And then highlighting the names that said yes on her list. So while I'm not sure when exactly it's starting that at least means we'll be getting our vaccines soonish. And going to be getting $100 taxable cash incentive for it. They're going to be going through it the same phase structure as the state though which makes sense.
-Associates 65+ years of age get it first
- Then the ones with health conditions
- Then by seniority etc.
Like I said Idk when it will start up but the fact that they're advertising the cash incentive and how to look into getting on the list is at least a start. I just hope it's soon.
Dad got both his shots, mom gets hers on the 3rd. And grandparents are all covered on both. So other than my brother, I'm breathing easier a little bit at a time.

So I got a call from my pharmacy at work and apparently I'll be getting my first shot tomorrow during my work shift......this should be interesting. 

It'll be on them if I pass out and they end up sending me home. (Highly doubt it but just saying)

• Like 1

Okay first shot down. Apparently I was wrong about which one it was so I got the Pfizer. My next one is on the 9th (so it's at least far out enough to where I can NOT end up working on that day unlike today 🙄

Right now just sore af arm, a little bit of 'meh' feeling in my stomach but that is probably because they had my shot scheduled RIGHT after my lunch break. 

• Like 2

Got my 2nd shot today!  It's been like 8 hours so far and nothing so we'll see if I start to feel like shit tomorrow. :uhoh:

• Like 2

either you feel like shit or i'll come beat you up so that you do

SOMEONE has to suffer with me

• ROFL 1

I mostly just feel tired and have a slight headache that went away after some more sleep.

OK so instead of sending Anelle to beat you up, maybe we'll just send a prank pizza delivery to your place. Get your credit card ready, it's going to be a lot of (expensive) pizza.

mKzGe.jpg

My wife just sent me a link said anyone over 16 will be eligible starting Wednesday for the vaccine. Going to be spamming f5 to get a spot. Think the GPU bot people could make a script for that 😛

• Like 1

No shit right?  I told my aunt the same thing.  "Going to be like trying to get a damn PS5!"

maybe with all the chaos people without a ps5 can get one while everyone's trying to get a shot

Meanwhile as our state cases have gone up 38% over this last week in Seattle and vaccines eligibility will end making it open for everyone in May 🙄. I'm trying not to complain since I'm seeing more friends post that they're finally getting their shot but some of my friends who should be eligible health wise for some reason are either not finding open slots or are being told they aren't eligible when they are. 

I wanna be fucking done with this kind of shit. 

Desi got her first shot yesterday. Soon we'll both be fully vaccinated. 

• Like 1
  • Shiny 2

hell yeah

I probably won't have the opportunity to get a shot until the summer. We're progressing much slower in Canada.

I'm currently going through another bout of pandemic fatigue though, so I don't particularly care right now :lolgrin: Give it a few weeks and I'll be paranoid again and wanting to get a shot at the first opportunity, but for now I'm good.