Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MT

Nintendo General

Here's the indie game focused Direct from today

Cuphead coming to Switch is pretty great, and that Crypt of the Necrodancer Zelda game will be getting my money, for sure.

Can't wait for Cuphead on the Switch, hopefully I don't break it in frustration. :lurk:

If you do, I hear @Ulyster is looking for broken Switches to repair. :rotfl:

I haven't bought Cuphead yet so this seems like the perfect platform for it. :shiny:

Isn't Cuphead supposed to be extremely difficult?

I'm nearing the end of Year 2 on Stardew Valley and lost interest for a bit.  I just picked it back up, though, and plan to see it through until at least the end of Year 3.  After my character got married, the game didn't seem as exciting anymore. :rotfl: :rotfl: :uhoh:

• ROFL 1

I don't know about extremely, it's just a series of boss fights, with an occasional side scrolling level thrown in. So it's basically a lot of pattern recognition.

11 hours ago, Nairn Smoith said:

Isn't Cuphead supposed to be extremely difficult?

11 hours ago, MT said:

I don't know about extremely, it's just a series of boss fights, with an occasional side scrolling level thrown in. So it's basically a lot of pattern recognition.

I saw my friend play it once and tried it myself a few times. It's probably about as difficult as Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels. It feels like one of those 90's arcade games designed to just take your hard earned quarters regardless of your skill.

But yeah, once you memorize every level, boss and all the patterns and can react to things because you already know they're going to happen before they do; you can get eventually through it.

Two new Switch models rumored

One's a more powerful Switch, the other a less powerful one, to sort of "replace" the 3DS.

Yeah, I saw that. Desi's probably gonna be eyeing one of those

I am VERY interested.  I'm also sad it's going to be 2 or 3 months before I know lol.

DGAF about the portable one of course.  Gimme dat power.

Can't find nintendo thread and also drunk, but if this new switch model thing is true then I'm buying the pro version and selling my old one for like $150 to Galeigh or any other center fam interested.

Edit: Thank you for moving this to proper thread❤️

Found the topic for you drunky. :xd:

I am VERY interested in the new stuff.  Especially if it's legit better in some way than the current switch.  Rumored better hardware is extremely interesting.  Maybe something that can handle 1080p on the go? :shiny:

• Like 1

Why do you need portable 1080 on a screen that size?

• Like 1

Why do phones need 1440?  It will look better.  If I CAN have it, I'll take it.  If not, I'm fine with what I have.  Nothing wrong with the Switch! :)

1 minute ago, webhead said:

Why do phones need 1440?  It will look better.  If I CAN have it, I'll take it.  If not, I'm fine with what I have.  Nothing wrong with the Switch! :)

I mean, is it a really noticeable difference? 

Yeah, I care more for the games running well over the whole "ps4 pro" comparison.

4 minutes ago, MT said:

I mean, is it a really noticeable difference? 

Something you're holding in your hands...yes.

Also being able to run games better in general would be nice.  Opens up more possibilities.

*shrill screeching about persona 5 content*

edit----*shriller screeching at the other persona games being included in content*

Not Nintendo-exclusive content, but...

Apparently Doraemon: Story of Seasons (???) is coming to Nintendo Switch in Autumn? :spineyes: (how did I not know this was a thing? :lol: ) And in English!
Not sure what to make of it, but gosh the art is pretty. :love2: The watercolour effect of the landscape looks so convincing!

The dilemma will be whether to get this or to wait for a non-Doraemon Story of Seasons down the line.

FUCK YEAAAAAAH i fucking partied when I saw the announcement because I was just sure licensing issues would keep it from getting a Western release yessssssssssss

• Like 1

If Animal Crossing is still coming in 2019 (pleeease :bawling: ) there's going to be such a glut of good and cute games. :O

Speaking of which, I hope they announce a special Animal Crossing edition Switch... would love to splurge my birthday money on one this year!

46 minutes ago, Jane said:

If Animal Crossing is still coming in 2019 (pleeease :bawling: ) there's going to be such a glut of good and cute games. :O

Speaking of which, I hope they announce a special Animal Crossing edition Switch... would love to splurge my birthday money on one this year!

NO NO ANIMAL CROSSING SWITCH I MIGHT DIE I DIED ENOUGH TO GET MY PIKACHU/EEVEE ONE AUUUUUUUUUGH

(but for real i hope they do that'd be great)

• Shiny 1

21 minutes ago, Anelle said:

NO NO ANIMAL CROSSING SWITCH I MIGHT DIE I DIED ENOUGH TO GET MY PIKACHU/EEVEE ONE AUUUUUUUUUGH

(but for real i hope they do that'd be great)

I've been wondering if the AC special edition will end up being one of the new, cheaper Switch models... it might partly explain why we've had zero Animal Crossing news since the very first teaser; they may well want to reveal the new Switches at E3 and Animal Crossing might tie into that (especially as it's seen to be a more casual game, so possibly a good fit for the cheaper model).

I kind of hope not, though, especially if the people speculating that the cheap one'd be handheld-only are correct! I really want a cute Animal Crossing Switch and I'm planning to hold out on buying my own Switch until I know if I can get it... but if it's a different model I'll need to make sure the specs aren't terrible in comparison to the current one .

I suppose if the cheap one was handheld-only but otherwise good then I could just make sure I got my AC game on a physical cartridge, then use our current Switch if I wanted to play it on the big screen. :ponder:

I believe they've said the cheaper Switch will still be able to connect to a TV.

• Like 1

yeah my impression was that they can hook up to the tv they just are a fused set like... you can't take off joycons and play type thing

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jane said:

Not Nintendo-exclusive content, but...

Apparently Doraemon: Story of Seasons (???) is coming to Nintendo Switch in Autumn? :spineyes: (how did I not know this was a thing? :lol: ) And in English!
Not sure what to make of it, but gosh the art is pretty. :love2: The watercolour effect of the landscape looks so convincing!

The dilemma will be whether to get this or to wait for a non-Doraemon Story of Seasons down the line.

I haven't really enjoyed one of these games since Friends of Mineral Town (wow that's a long time ago now) but I can see myself getting into this one. I think my 8 year old would like it too.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MT said:

I believe they've said the cheaper Switch will still be able to connect to a TV.

17 hours ago, Anelle said:

yeah my impression was that they can hook up to the tv they just are a fused set like... you can't take off joycons and play type thing

Thanks folks! :unkeke: That's good to know. :thumbs:

8 hours ago, little birdy said:

I haven't really enjoyed one of these games since Friends of Mineral Town (wow that's a long time ago now) but I can see myself getting into this one. I think my 8 year old would like it too.

Same! ...I'm one of the minority who really liked the GameCube one too, even though it took such a different approach (it didn't get all the gameplay right but it was so sweet and atmospheric).  Though those two came out at around the same time, I think...the games have been more confused since then. I do have the 1st Story of Seasons on 3DS but I don't think I really got into it for some reason. I'm a sucker for aesthetics, though, and this one looks great. :)

I loved the GC one! I agree 100% with what you said about the gameplay and atmosphere, it was clunkers but just had such a nice feel that I spent a lot of time on it!

13 hours ago, Jane said:

Same! ...I'm one of the minority who really liked the GameCube one too, even though it took such a different approach (it didn't get all the gameplay right but it was so sweet and atmospheric).  Though those two came out at around the same time, I think...the games have been more confused since then. I do have the 1st Story of Seasons on 3DS but I don't think I really got into it for some reason. I'm a sucker for aesthetics, though, and this one looks great. :)

I am also a sucker for a game that just plain looks and feels good. Even if this game has its shortcomings, I'll probably be able to overlook them because i) Doraemon is great and ii) it looks fantastic.

man me and the DS lines had a good run :salute:

• Like 1

Same. The DS line had a good 15 year run total with a few stumbles here and there. Gonna miss it, but I'm happy for its successor's future.

"I'm totally gonna play a Fire Emblem and/or a Shin Megami Tensei this time, guys."

Here I am, still haven't :uhoh:

time to get the upcoming Fire Emblem for Switch

or perish

1 hour ago, Anelle said:

time to get the upcoming Fire Emblem for Switch

or perish

That goes for Shin Megami Tensei V as well...

2 hours ago, DeJaPon said:

"I'm totally gonna play a Fire Emblem and/or a Shin Megami Tensei this time, guys."

Here I am, still haven't :uhoh:

I sometimes think about Fire Emblem, but every time I think I should take another crack at an SRPG it doesn't seem to end well; I did totally have SMT on my to-check-out list for a long time and just never got round to it. Oh well.

Nintendo Direct at E3 date announced~

https://e3.nintendo.com/

Tuesday June 11th, 9am PT/5pm in the UK. :whoop:

animalcrossinganimalcrossinganimalcrossinganimalcrossinganimalcrossinganimalcrossinganimalcrossinganimalcrossinganimalcrossing

nintendo direct.jpg

I picked up Cytus α today. Only played it a bit but it looks like their are a tonne of songs, so there should be some good stuff in there. I'm pleased to see there's a DJMax section :) (I wish we could get DJMax Respect on Switch...) 

They added a ton more stuff than I thought they would. Still sad there's no SMB2 skin, but oh well.

• Like 1

It kinda sucks, but I'm not really TOO upset about it? :P

Ugh.  Maybe they'll patch it in after?

They're so fuckin brain dead sometimes.  Can someone that knows how to do online please take control over there at Nintendo? :|

Still I'm excited for this game.  Not playing online with friends isn't going to be a huge deal anyway.

We're getting Double Dragon II, Volleyball, and City Connection added to the NES thingy in June.