Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MT

Nintendo General

This looks kinda awesome

• Like 1

Oh god. The start of that was terrifying.

Looks great, though. :O

I might check that out (someday (when it goes on sale (could be a long time because Nintendo games take forever to get cheap)))

That was one of the big Mario 35th Anniversary rumours, here's hoping more of those rumours come true :lurk:

Nocturne HD Remaster and SMT V in 2021

:jumboshiny:

• Shiny 1

I guess I should add the videos? 

Nocturne: 

SMT V: 

Mebs I should give Strange Journey another try? :lurk:

tenor.gif?itemid=13372170

Super Mario 3D All-Stars: Optimized versions of 3D Mario games Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy are coming to Nintendo Switch in one package.

I'm so happy.

I still don't get why there's no galaxy 2 in there.  Cool announcement overall though. :)

Super Mario 3D World is going to be sweet as well. :nod:

That was a really cute direct. :unkeke:

I'm going to see how much the Switch 3D world costs... I know the Switch one will have some extra stuff, but tbh if buying a pre-owned Wii U copy ends up a huge amount cheaper then we might just do that (it's one of the Wii U games we didn't get around to). :P

I'm normally not into these types of games, but considering it's in canon, I might have to give it a shot.

• Like 1

Cool as shit, but like Hyrule Warriors, I don't think I'ma buy it for full price and it's probs not getting much in the way of price drops because Nintendo, so I doubt I'll end up playing it

4 hours ago, MT said:

I'm normally not into these types of games, but considering it's in canon, I might have to give it a shot.

Wait for some people to beat it and then read a plot summary / FAQ ;)

1 hour ago, Vic Boss said:

Cool as shit, but like Hyrule Warriors, I don't think I'ma buy it for full price and it's probs not getting much in the way of price drops because Nintendo, so I doubt I'll end up playing it

That's why I started borrowing games from our local library instead of buying them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, little birdy said:

Wait for some people to beat it and then read a plot summary / FAQ ;)

I never played any of the others, because the gameplay never interested me all that much, but the last Hyrule Warriors wasn't canon, so I have a bit more incentive to give this one a shot.

DKC2 comin out on Switch Online on the 23rd :shiny:

Wasn't gonna start anything but the pre-order for Mario 3D All-Stars is probs gonna arrive (if it's not cancelled) next week sometime so I decided to hit up SNES All-Stars.

Feels like there's input lag on Mario 1 SNES (never noticed it before because I only got gud at Mario 1 a few years ago), and never noticed but in NES Mario 1 you rebound off the bottom of blocks you break whereas in SNES you drive through them (fucks up the end-jump to the pipe on World 4-2)

• Shiny 1

It was a pretty good run for the 3DS, and it ended up sticking around a bit longer than most would have thought after the Switch was released.

:frystare:

hf.png

What? :eek3:

It's a meal delivery service that's running a contest where you can win a Switch and those five games (that's a badass set of games tho)

Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros.

69.99 CAD for a nifty looking little handheld with SMB, SMB 2, and a Game & Watch game. I don't think it's worth the $$$ but I can't help buy want to get one :uhoh: 

My sister's already got it pre-ordered, she's gotten in collecting Nintendo handheld shit

Bought mine late Thursday, haven't opened it yet though. Thinking of getting a second to keep unopened if I can manage to get my hands on another.

I'm still on the fence about buying one. Between Nov. 26 and Christmas we've got a wedding anniversary, both of my kids' birthdays, and then of course Christmas. It's a really hard time of year for my wallet. Probably can't justify $80 after tax on this thing, tempting as it is.

Wow, that's pretty brutal timing for otherwise important annual life events

We certainly didn't plan it that way! But we're actually scaling back xmas and bday stuff this year anyway. Neither of my kids plays much with toys, so lots of gifts are just left to collect dust after they're opened. The big one likes to draw, read, and sometimes play video games. When she has free time, all she wants to do is draw or write stories on her Chromebook. The little one loves books too. It's basically books and new clothes this year, and maybe a Switch game. Seems kinda lame to me, but they're not going to mind.

• Like 1

Miyamoto calling himself Mario's dad is wholesome af

Skyward Sword is the shit.  I'll hear nothing else.

Also, that's a tweet from a friend from another forum who started streaming a year ago.  Crazy to see him popular enough that you have come across his tweet one way or another.

Hey, I too am one of the rare fans of Skyward Sword, and I still didn't give a shit that that was all we got. 😛

To be fair, I thought most of what was announced today was like...cool, but not really cool enough to live up to Direct hype.

But Project Triangle Strategy has me fucking ecstatic.

Mario Golf is serious goddamn business

Pyra and Mythra actually got me interested in buying the second Season Pass eventually for them sweet sweet spirits

No More Heroes 3 and Skyward Sword are buy-on-sale games for me

Ninja Gaiden collection looks cool as f but I'll get it on PS4 for the trophs

Legend of Mana remake looked cool as f too but maybe I should play the collection first

Triangle Strategy/Fire Emblem: Three More Houses looks really good but I haven't even gotten to Octopath yet (which is still a full-price game, goddamn)

Splatoon 3 might be cool shit.

TBH I'm okay with the light schedule going forward, it means I can hopefully finish off my 3DS collection during an Atlus sale :lurk:

I was curious about Project Triangle Strategy for a hot minute but then I realized strategy == SRPG ( duh :dunce: ) and immediately got turned off. I've tried several times to get into SRPGs but have never enjoyed one enough to actually finish the game.

I love Mario Golf and Mario Tennis games, so I'd totally play Mario Golf Super Rush... but -- as much as I like these games -- I'm not willing to pay 79.99 plus tax of my hard-earned Canadian funbucks for Mario Golf or Tennis. I still haven't found a good enough deal on Mario Tennis Aces and that's been out nearly 3 years now... :-/ 

Knockout City sounds pretty darn fun. Doubt I'll ever get it, but I think a younger version of me would have played this a ton.

Might be interested in Ninja Gaiden someday for the right price. When I saw the headline I had assumed it was a collection of the NES classics, which I like but I can't beat without save states :ugh: I forgot that they made more Ninja Gaiden games later on. Were those games any good..?

Zero interest in anything Zelda from me :hammerputer:

On 2/17/2021 at 10:58 PM, Psycho666Soldier said:

But Project Triangle Strategy has me fucking ecstatic.

I got huge Tactics Ogre vibes from that game. So I'm looking forward to it.

2 hours ago, little birdy said:

I forgot that they made more Ninja Gaiden games later on. Were those games any good..?

1 and 2 were, I don't remember hearing good things about 3, so I never tried it.

2 hours ago, little birdy said:

Zero interest in anything Zelda from me :hammerputer:

You're dead to me.

:fup:

I like a couple of Zelda games quite a bit. Even though it's not my favourite series or anything, I don't strongly dislike it either. Zelda game announcements just don't get me excited, it's more of a :shrug: and then I move along to the next headline. 

I really wish they'd stop beating around the bush and just announce the damn thing already. :rotfl: 

So... Anyone else get Monster Hunter: rise?

I’m happy with the Switch I’ve got :shrug:

• Like 1