Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Nairn Smoith

Game of Thrones [SPOILERS]

This ep pretty much was what I expected with tiny "twists". I honestly figured this one was gonna be a, what I call, wind down episode after the Whitewalker battle.

Spoiler

-Gotta take care of all dem bodies.
-Let's see how much of our armies just got demolished now that we've done the head count?
-I laughed because 2 of my friends were betting that Sanza and Tyrion would bone. We get Brienne and Jaime instead which was pretty much predictable and poor Tormund gets his heart broken for all of 10 seconds.
-I'm glad that Ayra turned down Gendry. I don't think she will ever think twice about that old life of a "lady"
- Nobody can keep damn secrets. Especially Sanza.
- Oh shi- one more dragon dead.
-One more servant dead
-Dany is seriously the most useless character here. I think the only smart thing she's done at this point is walk away after Melisandre getting head lopped off. Else that would have gone in an entirely different direction if her emotions took over.

Spoiler

Also there is no way that taking on Cersei-ass-Lannister should be as tough as the Night King. C'mon. I'm starting to think the naysayers last ep were right, they really should have left the zombies for last somehow.

S8E4

- It's like 20 minutes of all the women twirling their vaghairs like they were villain mustaches, just waiting to see who gets dead'ed from poison first

- Dohohohoooooooo, time for Brienne and Jaime to fuck and Tormund to burst in and then all three of them to fuck and then Bronn to burst in and then etc etc

- Or maybe a competition (I'm not using the obvious pun) between Tormund and Podd to see who can repopulate the seven kingdoms faster

- WHOA SANSA AND THE HOUND

- Yoooo Gendry, Arya doesn't want to be a Lady

- JUST FUCK ALREADY, BRAIME/JIENNE

- Get the fuck out Jaime, twiddling with your shirt with your one good hand knowing Brienne will do it

- Ya know, if the showrunners want to earn my GRRM style wrath, they'd have Bronn stick an arrow in one of them just as they're about to fuck

- "I want it to be the way it was between us, 3 episodes ago"

- Dany's lip twitches when Tyrion tries to force the plan into being "Get Cersei, leave King's Landing alone." Probably burn that fucker to the ground at this point

- ... Is Arya gonna end up killing Dany? During the talk of laying seige to King's Landing, they kinda framed Arya with Sansa while she was arguing with Dany

- "It's your choice." God dammit Bran (Jesus Christ the tension just went through the roof)

- Don't tell them you idiot, being honest is what got Neddy deadied

- BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THEY CUT AWAY BEFORE BRAN COULD SAY ANYTHING BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

- Bronn saying Jaime couldn't do it on his best day, MAN

- "What's double Riverrun." "Highgarden." And suddenly Bronn's listening

- This fucker's gonna be sitting on the Iron THrone by the end of episode 6.

- AHAHAHAHAHA HOUND AND ARYA RIDE AGAIN

- Gosh darnit, Sansa, you swore to keep it to yourself

- D'awwww, the Wildlings can go back beyond the wall again :')

- Give the Wildlings Castle Black as a trading post

- God dammit, Tormund and Jon hugging ;_;

- Oh god, Sam just came up to Jon

- Plz no

- Sam's fucking bottom lip just trembled, I'm not gonna make it guys

- Oh god Ghost.

- Fucking leak in the ceiling or something dripping into my eyes. Fucking ceiling

- Death Flags for Jon Snow (again)

- I kind of feel like Cersei would set a trap and maybe burn down King's Landing herself to help take out Dany's side.

- Holy shit the dragon suddenly getting ballista'ed :rotfl:

- Well fuck me I guess, Cersei's master manipulator and going to let the other side burn down King's Landing and make themselves hated in the process

- Somewhere Sansa is doing her lame white-girl celebration dance that the secret she kept is leading everyone to think about killing Dany

- I dunno Jaime, I don't think you should be walking around Winterfell all normal-like, you're gonna get Ned Stark'ed

- I like how everyone is saying the name of the Dragon Queen's translator as if it was a major deal that she got captured.

- Ehhhhhhh, Brienne being the crying lover while Jaime's galloping away is kinda lame

- They just panned from Varys to Grey Worm to Dany to Tyrion with the Unsullied ranks standing behind them and I counted 1 cock

• Like 2

Also there is no way that taking on Cersei-ass-Lannister should be as tough as the Night King

She's kinda not, it's more because Dany's a poor leader, and always has been. She consistently fails to listen to people smarter than her, consistently pisses away both earned and unearned advantages needlessly, but also consistently does just enough to retain love and loyalty from people so we can do it all over again.

She's almost a sentient Halo Effect, but also backed up by Dragons

13 hours ago, Anelle said:

oh my god PLEASE write down reactions/thoughts from him as he watches

He doesn't watch it here, so I really just hear what he remembers of "Jon Snowden" and everyone else

• Like 1
  • ROFL 1

Please enjoy this shitpost lee and I made together based on tonights ep---

Spoiler

CKCnmr7.gif

• ROFL 4

7 hours ago, DeJaPon said:

S8E4

Hide contents

- I like how everyone is saying the name of the Dragon Queen's translator as if it was a major deal that she got captured.

- Ehhhhhhh, Brienne being the crying lover while Jaime's galloping away is kinda lame

Spoiler

ditto, DITTTTOOOOO

Missandei got so nerfed in the show compared to the books where she's a brilliant political strategist and advisor, and Dany's bff. If you want her death meaningful, showrunners, maybe give her something to f*&^ing do (other than fuck Grey Worm?). EGhhhh.

• Like 1

Why didnt Denaerys just fly behind the boats and burn them all?  Like, boats like that would need an incredible amount of space, and time to turn around, and they couldn't fire the harpoons backwards without shredding their sails.  I feel like she could've easily destroyed half of Cersei's army right there.

• Like 4

THIS! ^ My friend was saying the exact god damn thing when we watched that!

Yup Jovanna shouted that out immediately. :rotfl:

Spoiler

People can see through your attempts to make something look like a bigger threat than it should be.  Burning those ships should have been a piece of cake.  They're huge, impossible to turn quick, and made of fucking wood lol.

Also hated that they have Brienne cry like that.  Totally out of character.  Bleh.

Pretty sure the preview for the next episode might have been showing that happen.

Very end was Euron shielding his eyes and looking around at the clouds mildly panicked. Think she's going to come down on them before they can react.

45 minutes ago, Mera'din said:

Pretty sure the preview for the next episode might have been showing that happen.

Hide contents

Very end was Euron shielding his eyes and looking around at the clouds mildly panicked. Think she's going to come down on them before they can react.

Spoiler

I hope so.  I fucking hate that guy and would love to watch his ass burn to death. :sick:

• Like 1

Spoiler

Which again she could have totally done so before. Thus back to my point that Dany is useless AF.

I will enjoy seeing his ass roasted. Who bets $10 that Cersei lied about having a kid with him just to make him play the loyal pupper for her more?

She DID lie to him. She's been pregnant since last season before they slept together. Kid is Jamie's. Probably half the reason he bailed from Winterfell since he knows there's no way in hell she gets to live after the news they got.

Also the way I see this ending at this point is Cersei sitting alone upon the Iron Throne looking regal as fuck with her resting bitch face turned up to 11 while the city burns. The door will burst inward and Dany, Greyworm and Jamie will be falling over each other and tripping each other to get to her first.

Meanwhile, Arya and the Hound roll up outside and they pull a Legolas/Gimli and the Hound yeets her through a window and she jumps on Cersei and buries that dagger in her throat. "I think this belongs to you."

• ROFL 3

Arya's gonna stab Cersei in the stomach first, just so she realizes it. Payback for the Red Wedding

• Like 2
  • Shiny 1

The thing is, Euron was about 2 meters away from Cersei when Tyrion mentioned her being pregnant. If Euron is any kind of smart, he'll put two and two together and realise that IF the baby is his, and IF it was conceived a week ago, there is no way in hell Tyrion would know about it.

Possible plot point for betrayal?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DeJaPon said:

Hide contents

Arya's gonna stab Cersei in the stomach first, just so she realizes it. Payback for the Red Wedding

Spoiler

hahaha I told Lee that's what I want. For Qyburn to sidle up to Cersei, say "The Starks send their regards" then STAB STAB STAB STAB in stomach and then peel face off. 

Spoiler

Regarding Brienne sobbing like her heart is broken it's absolutely in character. Brienne is strong but she feels DEEPLY. She started to ugly cry for Renly, she just didn't have time to. It's hard to watch, but it's very much in character. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anelle said:

Hide contents

Regarding Brienne sobbing like her heart is broken it's absolutely in character. Brienne is strong but she feels DEEPLY. She started to ugly cry for Renly, she just didn't have time to. It's hard to watch, but it's very much in character.  

Spoiler

I dunno I just feel like she generally holds that in and just losing it because Jamie is leaving didn't sit right with me.  It seemed kind of...fake.  Like CW drama fake, you know what I mean?

Spoiler

She's not losing it just because he's leaving. She's finally breaking from everything. 

Don't get me wrong, the writing here is garbage, but it's very much in character IMO

I completely disagree (not with Anelle that reply wasn't there before I started writing. XD ). She's  been holding her feelings in check for years. Even what she has felt on and off for Jamie she tucked away and stopped looking at. He basically forced that back out in the open and gave her everything she wanted and she was finally able to feel something that she wanted to feel for ages.

What we normally see of her is her doing everything in her power to basically be what she sees as the perfect image of a knight. Strong, stoic, no nonsense, etc. She has to fight extra hard for that image because she's a woman, despite her size, and has learned to stick to it pretty hard, getting mocked pretty much the whole way regardless of her ability.

And you have to think about the fact that they weren't together for like 2 days or whatever. The shows portrayal of time passage is garbage. It's likely been months since the Battle for Winterfell at this point. Just going from Winterfell to Whiteharbor (where their ships would be) is over 300 miles. Winterfell to King's Landing by way of the King's Road is something like nearly 1500 miles. Not sure about the distance by boat traveled but obviously it's a bit quicker.

Then he pulls what is effectively a "It's not you, it's me." thing and leaves. She can't stop him. She can't go with him because of her oath to Sansa. The person she finally opened up to and let herself feel something is leaving and it's very unlikely he will come back. He looked like a guy going to his death and they both knew it. On top of that, she was alone and didn't have to save face to anyone. She probably would have held back if anyone else was around but they weren't and so we see what is not just heartbreak, but years (possibly decades) of holding shit in just come rushing out. Those emotions have a habit of feeding into each other especially when they've been held in check. It has more to do with her self-image than anything that's physically happening. The next time we see her she'll be "in character" again but ragged around the edges. If they carry on with the "weeping maiden" thing THEN I'll call bullshit. Even strong people break down too, especially when alone, but will pull themselves back together when they have to.

You must know some pretty fucking jaded people if you don't think this is how real people work. >_>

• Like 2

I can more easily buy it if we are talking about months or an extended length of time. The last two seasons have basically depicted everything in Westoros as only a sunday drive down the street (especially how many times Jon Snow and traveled between her coastal castle and the North/beyond The Wall), so it felt super silly that she would break down in tears because he gave her a two-(k)night stand (I am immensely proud of that one), especially when she didn't even lose it like that when he fucking Knighted her and made her lifelong dreams come true.

Also with so few episodes left, I legit worry that the last we'll see Brienne involved in anything of consequence is her being the weeping maiden

• Like 1

Spoiler

Agreed, the scene made emotional sense (for both characters) - I'm more, F.U. WRITERS for doing that to Brienne!! :nono:

18 minutes ago, DeJaPon said:

Hide contents

I can more easily buy it if we are talking about months or an extended length of time. The last two seasons have basically depicted everything in Westoros as only a sunday drive down the street (especially how many times Jon Snow and traveled between her coastal castle and the North/beyond The Wall),

This is honestly the thing that bugs me most about the recent seasons. It seems like it started happening more and more after what felt like Danerys basically teleporting to Westeros.

3 hours ago, Mera'din said:
Spoiler

And you have to think about the fact that they weren't together for like 2 days or whatever. The shows portrayal of time passage is garbage. It's likely been months since the Battle for Winterfell at this point. Just going from Winterfell to Whiteharbor (where their ships would be) is over 300 miles. Winterfell to King's Landing by way of the King's Road is something like nearly 1500 miles. Not sure about the distance by boat traveled but obviously it's a bit quicker.

Spoiler

Okay so that makes a lot more sense.  I think the passing of time seemed very sudden and I was thinking like, wtf, it has been maybe 2 days...a week?  The fuck kind of reaction is that?  Makes more sense in that context.

They are not conveying the passing of time well at all.

Shall we make a deathpool for next episode?

I don't know. There are only 2 episodes left and a LOT has to happen in that time. I think Cleganebowl is going to happen, and that they BOTH die somehow. Greyworm will die after avenging Missandei. Daenerys is being set up as 'The Mad Queen', so she probably won't live for very long. Everybody in the North is, seemingly, safe. 

At this point, I'm not sure who is going to end up on The Iron Throne. Jon/Aegon has a history of being given the leaderships that he REALLY doesn't want, so it'll probably be him.

My girlfriend did say as an offhand comment, that it's possible that no-one ends up on the Iron Throne, and they end up making a Council instead, with representatives from all the main houses. I'm not sure if I prefer that or not.

• Like 2

At this point I'm expecting Greyworm to go straight for the Mountain as soon as he gets the chance. Hound vs. Mountain seems like something they'll want to end up showing though so one or the other is going to get to him first and get fucked and then the other will finish the job. Seems more likely that Greyworm will go down at this point, though originally I had only seen one of the two dying between him and Missande.  

Spoiler

One of my coworkers jokingly theorized that Arya will just be the only survivor and win the throne lol.

I do like the idea of a council in the end vs who gets the throne as long as that council has Tyrion, Varys, Davos, Sansa (yea seriously) Possibly Bran and Arya.

*I was never a Cersei fan until Season 6 when she blew up the Sept.  Watching the explosion from her window while sipping wine like a true villain was so satisfying.  Ever since I've been sold on her being the true villain of the show.  This season she is giving me Gus Fring-level villain vibes.  She's in complete control and DGAF.  Lena Headey is killing it.  

*The last Tyrion/Varys scene where they discuss betraying Dany was incredible.  I think it was Varys' best scene in the entire show.  

*Ton of great acting in this episode.  Jon's speech at the funeral.  Dany begging for Jon to keep his mouth shut. Every Tormund line ("He's little...but he's stroooooong").  Grey Worm reacting to Missandei's death.  Tyrion pleading for Cersei to surrender.  The Hound and Sansa connecting one last time.   Game of Thrones can still nail the character moments.

*Someone please kill Euron immediately and brutally.  He's the worst and not in a good way.

*Ramin's score during the Funeral scene was stunning.  One of the series' best songs.  Ramin is this season's MVP.

• Like 3

Oh, no doubt the actors are doing terrific jobs. I've loved Lena Headey's work since the "Terminator" TV show and she's delivered in this role from the start. I mean, remember this? 

• Like 1

Spoiler

59730551_2797845826954788_44914503760708

• ROFL 3

Penultimate Ep:

Spoiler

Sigh.

TV, I am disappoint.

Spoiler

I didn’t see this ending coming, but I’m all about it. I wanted to be surprised and this surprised me. 

Spoiler

Honestly I feel cheated by them having Dany just go crazy.  It felt cheap like they were trying to surprise us more than write a good story.  That was just painful to watch.  Ugh.

• Like 1

This topic has a spoiler tag in the title, why are you all spoilering posts?

Because people nessecarily haven't seen the episode that just aired and aren't responsible enough to not click on the topic when they know that I guess? XD

I'll post more later but I have two things to say before then:

"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Also:

Arya 'bout to ruin a bitches day.

S8 E5

- Thaaaat Dragon fucking shit up and blowing the front gate open :shiny:

- Oh hey, one of Jaime or Ceresei can be tossed from the tower just as a callback to "the things I do for love"

- Jon Snow and Grey Worm and Davos are walking down the center of the street and it occurs to me that Jon Snow might have to kill Grey Worm if they're ever gonna have him stop being honorable Ned and actually take over

- Or maybe Jon could fight Jaime in the street to avenge Ned as another callback

- Or maybe Jaime will be dumb enough to attack the dragon on his own again but actually win this time

- Or maybe bells will dingaling so hard that Dany gets mad and sets fire to everything else :picard:

- (I forget, did that tower deal with Drogo involve bells at all?)

- The fucking chopping effects while Grey Worm are co are butchering surrendered soldiers

-  Jaime vs Uncle Greyjoy as a near-end-series-fight seems a bit anti-climactic as a match-up, Jaime chose to be a bad guy so I'm not really cheering for either of them at this point

- God, the special effects while the dragon is burning the palace

- I don't feel like Cersei would cry as she's losing tbh, she'd be angry-madly figuring out some way to spitefully burn the rest of it to the ground so even if Team Dany wins, they lose

- (Unless that wasn't just stored Dragon's Fire or whatever's called igniting but they set that themselves)

- RIP Uncle Greyjoy (fucking loved how even as he's dying, he's flexin because he killed Jaime Lannister)

- Aw man, Hound looking out for Arya ;_; (just at the last second, instead of on their entire journey)

- She said his actual name ;_;

- Holy shit, how the Mountain tossed aside creepy old man ?

- Jaime's hugging Cersei and all I'm thinking is "In an alternate timeline, Brienne's riding Jaime like a horse yelling 'Call me Ser' right now instead of dying for this bitch"

- Hrm, is Arya going to be the "one good shot" that they need to take down Dany? They made a show of her practicing her archery

- RIP Hound, back to the fire with your broski

- If Cersei gets away and then has the baby, the baby can raise an army of foreign invaders and then cross the sea to take back what's their- nah

TBH

It does bring me joy knowing Dany is (probably) the true final boss

• Like 1

Spoiler

honestly Qyburn's death is all I ever wanted out of this show *kisses fingers* muah, beautiful

• Like 1
  • ROFL 2

So, for someone that doesn't watch, why is everyone pissed off? I've been hearing a lot of comparisons to when anime adaptations get too far ahead of manga?

22 minutes ago, MT said:

So, for someone that doesn't watch, why is everyone pissed off? I've been hearing a lot of comparisons to when anime adaptations get too far ahead of manga?

They are just butt hurt that more people are dying like normal. 

There's no way to say it without massive spoilers and also without any context it would be difficult.  Suffice to say I'm disappointed with the direction they took a major character.

7 minutes ago, webhead said:

There's no way to say it without massive spoilers

If only this were a spoiler topic, or we had some way to hide spoilers... :P

I mean do you want massive spoilers?  Lol.  I think the short sweet thing I said probably about sums it up.  If you want the spoilers version, well, open our spoiler tags. :rotfl:

here you go MT--

Spoiler

People are mad that a character they've built up as a hero, the big Dragon Queen, is betraying them as an audience and becoming the final villain of the show. Mostly the problem with this is because of the pacing of the show, her turn seems abrupt and forced. 

edit to add---This wasn't done for shock value though. I mean, the way they're presenting it is, absolutely, but the turn itself is very very GoT. It just needed space to be presented better.

1*ft9u4epdwUZ7gqvvvWxV1g.gif

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MT said:

This topic has a spoiler tag in the title, why are you all spoilering posts?

Back at the center I got into a big argument about this with Mad (I think) as well.  Seems dumb to me, and spoiler tags are hard on my phone.  Nobody else agreed with, I gave in.  Where were you back then?

we're using spoiler tags as a courtesy to people who have asked for them with latest episode discussion but at this point people are lazy *cough*me*cough* and not marking if their spoiler pertains to the current episode or not so it doesn't really matter I guess? Basically spoiler tags in here are for discussion pertaining to latest ep and then stuff that's general or not to do with current ep would be left out but THAT'S CONFUSING I agree

I get why, but I mean... why is it on us to make sure other people dont spoil it for themselves?  They're the ones that are behind, they're the ones coming into a thread known to contain spoilers.  Should be on them.  

we're just being courteous to our friends because we WUV EACH OTHER

It's pretty hard to argue when you put it like that, but it diesnt mean I'm going to stop.