Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Nairn Smoith

Game of Thrones [SPOILERS]

Oh man if you ever want a fucking treasure trove of memes or just some laughs please take a look at http://chryswatchesgot.tumblr.com/ 

They do image set reactions as they watch episodes, and a lot of it reminds me of how Ma does his recaps

• ROFL 3

34 minutes ago, Olly said:

27 minutes ago, Anelle said:

Oh man if you ever want a fucking treasure trove of memes or just some laughs please take a look at http://chryswatchesgot.tumblr.com/ 

They do image set reactions as they watch episodes, and a lot of it reminds me of how Ma does his recaps

I love you both. :rotfl:

• Like 2
  • ROFL 1

S8 E2

- Just occurred to me that Jaime arbitrarily handicapped Bran to protect an awful woman (in this case, his and his sister's reputations) and then it came back around when got arbitrarily handicapped to protect a good woman (in this case, Brienne from getting raped).

- Jaime looking for some Left Flank with the giant woman (somewhere, Tormund suddenly feels furious for no reason)

- If this private Sansa and Dany conversation doesn't end in a weave-snatching cat-fight, I'm going to be disappointed

- "Men do stupid things for women, easily manipulated" Sansa says to the face of the woman who has most benefitted from men being easily manipulated into doing stupid things for her :lol:

- Awriiight, The Fellowship of the Ring made it back from Mordor, if this doesn't end in Tormund and Jaime dueling themselves to the death for the hand of Brienne (while she's trying to let them both know she doesn't want it), I'm going to be disappointed

- "Before the sun comes up tomorrow." Oh boy, in 30 minutes we'll get a cliffhanger where the army of the dead finally arrives and we'll have gone through 2 episodes where nothing happened :D

- Grey Worm and whatsername being all "We need to get the fuck away from these white folk"

- Jon trying to nudge Sam down with the women and children and Sam's all "Sorry, who killed a zombie first? *Hogan twirls his arm and cups his hand to his ear*"

- GIVE B THE D, GOLDEN LION

- OH SHIT TORMUND JUST WALKED IN, I GUESS SOMETHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN IN THIS EPISODE

- "I killed a giant when I was 10." Uhhh, can we get this scene in the show, please?

- He's letting his drink spill over him, I'm fucking crying, this man is a legend

- I quite seriously don't remember eyepatch existing before Season 7, and that's only because I watched season 7 like two weeks ago

- Baratheons and Starks, riding again :aroused:

- "Fuck tradition." Wildlings and their progressiveness

- KNIGHT KNIGHT KNIGHT KNIGHT KNIGHT

- Aw man, she's trying to hold back tears :')

- If Tormund would've sang, this would be the GOAT episode

- This song while everyone's getting ready, god damn, the fucking hype is welling up

- Ya know, if I'm Jon Snow, I probably keep the whole "Tee hee, I'm the real King, Auntie D XD XD XD XD" thing to myself until after the battle (if there is one)

- Oh look, Dany's jealous, who could've ever seen that coming :nono:

• Like 1

Spoiler

how THE FUCK did they manage to get any clean takes of Tormund's "origin story" scene??? :rotfl:

• Like 1

These have been the best 2 episodes of fuck all happening in a TV show I have ever seen in my life. I don't even care what happens next. :rotfl: 

At this point I don't even know why they think they need to fight. They should just have Tormund wheel Bran out there to 1000-yard soul stare the entire dead army while Tormund drinks and makes direct eye contact with the Night King until the whole lot of them start feeling awkward and wander off.

S08E02 was fantastic. The best “calm before the storm” episode of any show ever. That Brienne scene killed me.

• Like 3

THANK YOU I'm so tired of seeing "lol nothing happened" 

• Like 1

Yeah I saw people bitching about episode 2 especially with people calling it underwhelming even. I don't understand it.

Sure, nothing "happens" but we NEEDED these episodes. They are everything. Wrapping up the nessecary awkward reunions/meet ups and then watching all these great characters contemplate their journeys and come to terms with expected imminent death was narrative gold.

yep! Stephen King made a post about it that I thought was a good way to put it-- "GoT: As a long-time storyteller, I'm in awe of how perfectly the minds behind this show brought all the major characters together at Winterfell. They made it look easy. Constant Readers, it is not."

It's because this is an even smaller season than normal, and the first 1/3rd of it was basically "more of season 7." It's main event time but they announced a 2 hour delay

• Like 1

I thought this episode had a lot more going for it than the first.  I liked it a lot.  They should have just aired these 2 episodes together lol.

This stuff IS part of the main event, just because you're wanting action doesn't mean that the non battle shit isn't part of the main event ya dingus. It's a story, not a concert.

• Like 1

BWAHAHAHAHAHA I'M CAUGHT UP! (for now)

• Like 1

If I offered you money to stop watching Game of Thrones right now, and you’re not allowed to ever find out how it ends, what’s the minimum amount it would take?

Do I still get to read the books?

6 minutes ago, Anelle said:

Do I still get to read the books?

No.

BUT THE STORIES ARE DIFFERENT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I dunno man. Shit, that's hard. Like, I'd say some ridiculous number but I know how much I've invested in enjoying watching this all unfold and I cling to shit so.... would it ever stop nagging me?

What about you? What amount would it take?

I've been thinking about this for the last hour.  I offered a work friend of mine $10,000 and he said he'd take the money.  $10,000 wouldn't do it for me.  

I'll say $50,000.  I'd need a significant amount to make it worth it.

oh shit dude it would take WAY more than that for me. Like a WHOLE LOT more. I think Lee's answer would be different but he's helping someone with a fence right now but i'm gonna bug the shit outta him to answer when he gets back because now i'm curious about that X3

like i'm talking a billion fuckin' dollars. I mean I'd probably realistically go a lot lower than that but I would need money that means I am so busy doing shit like running my shiny new wildlife center and changing my community that I never think of GoT again. I get reeeeeeeeeeeal hung up on stuff. Coming up with an amount is hard, because I'm just like well fuck, sure give me a billion but I honestly don't know what smaller range would do it. 

To be fair, the being hung up on never knowing probably skews more towards autism than how much I truly love this series but I really really love this series

I could do it pretty easily, but I'd hold out for whatever max money in that situation was.

ma i will give you 1000

• Like 1

update because I don't think he'll remember to come post it himself: Lee said a million dollars

Yes, for sure! Keep them spoiler tags goin'

also 

58443850_2186138604837147_60058889931980

• Like 1
  • ROFL 3

38 minutes ago, Anelle said:

update because I don't think he'll remember to come post it himself: Lee said a million dollars

A million is pretty damn impressive. Now I’m questioning my original offer. Lee’s infatuation has inspired me.

Spoiler

YAAAAS :hide: :fencing::rip: :scatter:

Spoiler

ARYAAAAAAA

Spoiler

Arya Fucking Stark.  That was phenomenal.  Jesus what a fucking ride this episode was.  Wow.  I feel exhausted. :xd:

FUCK-CHRIST-SHIT-ASS-akhdsfjakjfel fjli jfladnfkadvjfkl!!!!!!

Spoiler

Lady Mormont! Fucking hell yes with her David and Goliath moment! FUCK YES!
My friend and I screamed/jumped/flailed when we saw one of the generals twitch and Arya taking the final blow to the Night King. Called it that Jon wasn't going to be the one who did it. Although I legit thought that Jaime would somehow to restore honor to himself his way.
Called it on the crypt. I didn't want to believe it but fucking called it.
7 deaths (I guess 8 if you count that Dothraki general that became a white walker? maybe? Daario was it?) Not as many as I thought would be but still a good amount.
Called it on Jormund's Death and Theon at least. That just leaves his sister that we know of and the asshole banging Cersei.
FUCK YES THE RED LADY IS FINALLY DEAD!

Still Alive:
Starks: Jon, Arya, Sanza, Bran
Lannisters: Cersei, Jaime, Tyrion
Targaryens: Dany
Greyjoy: Yara, Eruon? (sp)
Allies: Brienne, Podric, Davos, Sam, Clegane, Gendry, Missandei, Varys, Tormund, Gilly+Babe

Maybe ded/alive:
Greyworm

I may have missed some, I'll edit if people can confirm/add since there was so much I was trying to follow.

Spoiler
Spoiler

RIP House Mormont, GOATs

RIP DOLOROUS EDD YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD

MELISANDRE YOU STILL KINDA SUCK, BYE

BERIC, YOU'RE A WEIRD DUDE BUT I LIKED YOU RIP

lol bye Dothraki fuck all of you I guess?

THEON FUCKIN' GREYJOY EVERYONE, WHAT A RIDE, FUCK

Gilly and Little Sam are alive, they were standing there in the crypt group in that last shot. I think Grey Worm made it through this part too, but not 100%. I'm going back to look but I thought we got a shot of Grey Worm standing in one of the piles of collapsing bodies but there's SO FUCKING MUCH going on I could be wrong. Pretty sure that's Tormund standing alive with Gendry in front of the gate.

6 minutes ago, Anelle said:
  Hide contents
  Reveal hidden contents

RIP House Mormont, GOATs

RIP DOLOROUS EDD YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD

MELISANDRE YOU STILL KINDA SUCK, BYE

BERIC, YOU'RE A WEIRD DUDE BUT I LIKED YOU RIP

lol bye Dothraki fuck all of you I guess?

THEON FUCKIN' GREYJOY EVERYONE, WHAT A RIDE, FUCK

Gilly and Little Sam are alive, they were standing there in the crypt group in that last shot. I think Grey Worm made it through this part too, but not 100%. I'm going back to look but I thought we got a shot of Grey Worm standing in one of the piles of collapsing bodies but there's SO FUCKING MUCH going on I could be wrong. Pretty sure that's Tormund standing alive with Gendry in front of the gate.

Spoiler

I remember seeing him fighting standing on a pile of bodies as well.  Like he'd killed so many there were just fucking piles around him. :rotfl:

WTF even was Bran doing the whole fucking time? Like, he started by eyeballing the Night King with the ravens, but then the rest of the episode is just fucking chilling with his eyes rolled back with no actual indication of what he was doing. Was starting to think he was pulling a Dr. Strange and seeing if he could figure out how to deal with shit and was going to work some weird ass Children of the Forest leaf magic or some shit to save everyone. Then Arya happened and I was like "WHELP." King of figured on some of the deaths, but wasn't expecting her to be the one to finish him off.

People I still expect to die in this group of people: Either Grayworm or Misande. Not expecting a happy ending there. One out of Briene, Jamie and Podrick. Sam was a 50/50 but if the dead army didn't get him then I guess he'll probably pull through. It also wouldn't surprise me if someone else loses a limb before this shit is done at the very least. If Bron doesn't follow through with killing one of the Lannisters, he's going to shove that crossbow up someones ass. Sideways. And then pick out a castle and get his wife to piggyback him to it.

Things I said to my wife during the episode (mostly to distract her because this show is ultra stressful for her at times and was trying to lighten the mood) :
"Those dragons need fucking saddles or shit is going to go south fast." (have actually been saying this to her the whole season). If nothing else, Varys knew every corner of the Red Keep like the back of his hand. You can't tell me there isn't a fucking old dragon saddle chilling somewhere in that place he could have referenced to her. They used to have a couple dozen of those things flying around. :|

"GUESS THEY NEEDED SOMEONE TO HOLD THE DOOR." 

*yelling "DRAW YOUR FUCKING SWORD" at Jon repeatedly when he was eyeballing the Night King after he fell off his dragon*

"I'm surprised Davos hasn't thrown Melisandre into the spike pit yet and yell at her to get to work." when they were trying to light the pit up and failing miserably.

"BOOP HIM IN THE SNOOT" when Jon was trying to deal with the undead dragon on the ground. Like seriously. Valyrian Steel kills these fucking things. Just because it's big doesn't mean it's not going to drop like a sack of potatoes as soon as you shank him.

*during long shot of women and children huddled in crypt* "Where's Gandalf when you need him?"

• ROFL 1

Spoiler

So question actually...should Jon not be fireproof as well?  I don't understand why he isn't fireproof.

Spoiler

Daenerys is relatively unique. Not all Targaryens are fireproof. Vasarys certainly wasn't. Even in the books, she's more... fire RESISTANT. They played it up for the show pretty heavily. When she came out of the fire with the dragons in the books all her hair had burned away and she had what amounted to a really severe sunburn if I remember correctly.

No other Targaryen that I'm aware of had that resistance either that has been shown. One of the past kings had even been severely disfigured from dragon fire during a war that started between splintered factions of the house.

- Sam gonna slay the Night King

- The Unsullied retreating one step at a time is cool as fuck

- Is The Red Woman asking Elon Musk for a light?

- Are they gonna make a bridge of bodies to run over the trench with

- Oh, smother the flames too

- Probably should've dug two trenches

- Did Tiny Tina Mormont just get swatted by a giant? :rotfl:

- Thattttt moonlight shot with the dragons

- Sneaking through the inside with zombies just Resident Evil'ing around :nod:

- Are we going to set Arya on fire now or something

- Is Arya going to kill the Night King w/ assassin powers

- Aww, dragons :(

- Fly away Dany, Night King's not gonna die from fire, he's gonna spear Draggy

- I love how the supernatural undead monster Night King still walks with an alpha male swagger

- OH MAN, he fucking turns around for Jon Snow

- WAIT NO HE'S RAISING HIS ARMS TO RAISE UP THE DEAD

- THAT'S NOT FAIR

- YOU FUCKING PRICK

- THAT WAS THE EPIC ONE ON ONE SWORD BATTLE

- And now the Nazgul walk in, they are so fucked

- Fucking

- The Crypt

- THE CRYPT

- DEAD PEOPLE

- DEAD STARKS

- Eat Dany plz zombies

- Of course, Theon is the one in front of the Night King

- MY POOR LIFE CHOICESSSSSS

- And here I thought Jon Snow was going to fight the Night King, not a goddamn undead dragon

- ARYA FUCK

- ARYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :jumboshiny::jumboshiny::jumboshiny:

- Bran's Face: "You bitch, I had that."

- Jorah Mormont, beta orbiter to the end :salute:

- Isn't Melisandre supposed to be dead

- Well, okay then, the Fire God or whatever was just keeping her alive because it needed her (hence the old age?)

• ROFL 2

2 hours ago, DeJaPon said:
Spoiler

- OH MAN, he fucking turns around for Jon Snow

- WAIT NO HE'S RAISING HIS ARMS TO RAISE UP THE DEAD

- THAT'S NOT FAIR

- YOU FUCKING PRICK 

- THAT WAS THE EPIC ONE ON ONE SWORD BATTLE

Spoiler

Thought the same fucking thing.  You fucking cheap prick.  1v1 me bro.

• Like 1

Yeah, I think my exact statement at that part was "Dick move." :rotfl: 

Also, has anyone seen the posters for each episode that HBO commissioned for the show a while back? It's one per episode featuring a (usually) prominent death from that episode (at least until Season 8 Episode 2 XD ). The guy is doing them for this season too and they're really cool.

https://beautifuldeath.com/

Beware if you haven't watched recent stuff. It loads in on the Season 8 ones. There isn't one up for Episode 3 yet, but I don't know when they're normally put up so as of now it's only up to Episode 2 of the current season as of posting this, but the new one could be added anytime.

• Like 2

Spoiler

Dude that was one of the first things me and my friends were saying with the crypt.

"YOU ARE PUTTING ALL THE FUCKING PEOPLE WHO CAN'T REALLY FIGHT IN A CRYPT. WHERE THE NIGHT KING CAN POSSIBLY RAISE BECAUSE YOU KNOW NOTHING OF THAT ABILITIES HE OR HIS GENERALS HAVE!!!!!!!!!" Hey look what happened! SHOCKER. But yea total dick move.

Thank you Nelle for updating me. Like ya said so much going on and I knew I derped on something. I actually remembered seeing Tormund with Gendry and my brain spazzed on that for some reason.

AGREED ON WTF BRAN. I was also half expecting some last minute power blast to come from him in that moment with the Night King stare down before Arya jumped in.

• Like 1

Oh yea no I read about that! Funny ass shit!

Spoiler

2b8578zsgav21.jpg

• ROFL 1

This might be a reason Wab

Spoiler

• ROFL 1

My dad randomly derped into GoT on HBO a few weeks ago. This fucking guy's seen maybe 4-5 episodes all together and three of them are last week's showdown with the Night King, Watchers On The Wall (Battle of the Wall) and I think he mentioned the Purple Wedding too (or he at least knows what happened in it)

• ROFL 3

oh my god PLEASE write down reactions/thoughts from him as he watches

tonight's ep:

Spoiler

Meh? Bit of a mess. Only part I liked is Arya and the Hound Ride Again.