Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dr. b

Happy Xmas

What are you guys and gals doing for the holidays?

What did you give? 

What did you get?

etc. 

Happy Happy all.

Last night was holiday cocktails, nachos, and a couple holiday movies.

Currently at the folks place, doing laundry, watched Freaky and currently Ron Goes Wrong with Dad, had his breakfast casserole experiment. 

Gifts:
Folks: Gift cards for Half Price Books, Bed Bath and Beyond, Joannes and 2 faux fur rugs for my eventing glamping.
Friends: Etsy gift card, Hand made pomegranate pin from my secret santa (Reference to Lore Olympus), Apple Gift card, Bottle of Blackberry mead, Bottle of Honey Wine with Hops, Crafty Fox T-shirt from Tee Turtle, 2 Vodka infuser bottles with specific spices to infuse with vodka. home made vanilla, embroidery craft, a type of painting project to share with 1 pair of friends kids.

As for what I gave, that list is significantly longer as I like to spoil my friends a lot. So I won't drabble on with that.

I had a real great 24 hours. Managed to get off  work in time yesterday to go to a family thing for my bf's mom's side. Met a few more of his family, but can't remember any of their names. This morning, opened presents with my mom, who got me a bunch of Pocky, some leggings, and some money. After that I rushed off to the bf's so we could have lunch with his mom/step dad, who got me a $50 Amazon gift card and a nice bottle of wine, and after that to his dad/step mom's side, and they got me a gift card but I can't remember where to. Boyfriend gave me some custom controllers, a clear PS5 one, and a SNES themed pro controller for the Switch. We just got back a little bit ago and are just chilling at his apartment.

Edited by MT
  • Like 1

I worked both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Though getting double pay for 24 hours of my time worked is like its own Christmas present. XD

Other than that, I got super nice leather-bound copies of the first Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson.

For the wife I got a board game and an expansion to another board game that she likes, a new coffee grinder, a nice looking all-in-one edition of the first 3 Vampire Chronicles books by Anne Rice, and a beach towel and coffee bean set that are Coheed and Cambria themed (also a hoodie but that's on backorder).

For the kids: The 17-year old got a couple books, a Razer headset for the computer, and a $100 steam gift card. The 16-year old got a couple books, a My Hero Academia t-shirt, a Tokyo Ghoul hoodie, and a digital camera. The 8-year old got a few books, a bunch of Pokemon cards and a Switch copy of Breath of the Wild. The 2-year old got some books, an LOL Suprise doll (she's obsessed with these things), a little dinosaur that makes sounds and stuff from Jurassic Park Camp Cretaceous, and a big plushie of the baby Ankylosaurus, also from Camp Cretaceous (she's also obsessed with dinosaurs). They also got a wired pro controller and Pokemon Brilliant Diamond for the Switch collectively.

• Like 1

Did the usual thing for the most part.  Christmas Eve dad's side of the family met at my parents' house and did gifts and shit.  This year we got up at like 7am and did presents with Luna.  Then we went to my grandparents' and finally my parents' for the last bit (wasn't really time with Luna actually being old enough to give a shit to go to my parents' and THEN grandparents').

Had a pretty good haul:

Gaming:

Comics:

• Superman: Up in the Sky
  • Harley Quinn New 52 Omnibus
  • Upgrade Soul

Other:

• Several shirts (Few Marvel and a Star Wars one)
  • Right angle drill adapter thing
  • Dual USB-C charger
  • Some crazy as fuck underwear :lol:
  • Solar powered motion lights - Going to put one where the garbage cans go on the side of the house and figure out a way to use another one in the shed :nod:
  • 32GB of RAM
  • Superman The Animated Series: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
  •  Venom: Let There Be Carnage 4K Bluray (I honestly asked for this just because I was trying to think of shit to add :rotfl:  )
  • Remington Hc6550 - It's a beard/hair trimmer with a fucking vacuum on it, LOVE it...thanks to @Downshift for showing me his :P
  • Candy, money, gift cards, etc too.
  • Like 1

We’re having a nice Christmas holiday so far. I used up the last of my vacation days to get this week off, so I haven’t been to work since Christmas Eve and won’t be back until Jan. 4th :cool:

We did a quiet little Christmas, just me, wife, and kiddos, at our apartment. Santa was good to the kids — new games, toys, books, and clothes — and I got some goodies for my wife like spa gift certificates, a new wallet, and next week I’m taking her out shopping for a pet fish that she really wants. I got a couple nice bottles of wine, an LCBO gift card, and some cash to put towards guitar parts. 

We have been up at my dad’s since the 27th, he’s got a place on a lake up north. It’s been a fantastic week. Days mostly spent outdoors, filled with skating (rink on the lake), campfires, booze, and just hanging out with the fam (my sister and her family were up too). It’s gonna be a bummer going back to the city tomorrow. 

Might as well just bump last year’s thread… :tumbleweed:

Merry Christmas to everybody here at the OSF!

What Christmas goodies did you give and receive this year? And what kind of fun stuff have you all been up to?

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays, everyone!

Had some light Christmas festivities this year as I was finishing up my last semester of school.  Went to the Chicago Zoolights on Monday, and then browsed around the Chriskindl Market on Wednesday.  Today I had Christmas breakfast with the polycule and we just got done watching Castle in the Sky.

Gifts won't be opened until like a week for now for scheduling reasons, so I don't know what I've got yet lol.

• Like 1

murasdy chart45etgfamass

• Like 1

Christmas was very low key this year. Went over to the in laws house after they were done eating and had opened presents already :)

Doing kind of christmas with some of my family on Friday.

WHAT THE FUCK DID EVERYONE GET

To get nell to stop yelling...

Mountain biking light

Some Di Oro kitchen utensils 

Chocolate 

Sunglasses 

Blank journal 

• ROFL 1

On Christmas Eve I got sick with something. Not covid, but some kind of virus that kicked my ass pretty bad. Christmas morning is a blur. I was awake and opening presents with my family, but I have next to no recollection of it :fup: I got some new clothes and some chocolate. I feel like I might have gotten one other thing, but maybe not... I dunno. Can't remember.

I got my wife this super cool Lego set. She really likes building Lego, and it's not something she had the luxury of doing as a kid so I figure we should make up now for lost time. Our older daughter (12) got climbing shoes and a 10-punch pass to our local climbing gym, some $$$, a couple books, and assorted stocking goodies. Oh, and Pokemon Violet (via grandma). The little girl (4) got toys and dolls and clothes and assorted stocking goodies. We're visiting my sister today, and then my dad tomorrow, so the kids still have more gifts coming. My dad will most likely have a bottle of scotch waiting for me, which should be my last and perhaps best present of the year :cool: 

Xmas 2023 bump—Merry Christmas everybody! 

On 12/25/2021 at 11:17 AM, dr. b said:

What are you guys and gals doing for the holidays?

What did you give? 

What did you get?

etc. 

What did Santa bring for you this year? :monocle:

• Shiny 1

My girlfriend got me this beauty

PXL_20231225_020303130.jpg?ex=659c1cf2&i

I also got some cool Simpsons, Sanic, and Mario socks, a couple cute blindboxes, a Mario figure, Vol. 1 of Dr. Stone and Mob Psycho, and then a luxury foot massager.

Pretty good haul for me.

I'm just hanging with my partners and watching some holiday stuff while we play with our new toys(watching the Beavis & Butt-Head Christmas episode right now).

Merry Christmas everyone.  Hope it's chill and nice for everyone.

Me and my girlfriend also went in on a Switch Lite for my boyfriend that comes with Animal Crossing and he was super stoked about it.  We've been letting him borrow ours to play it over the last year, so figured it was about time he got his own.

I got my girlfriend the Sailor Moon rod that makes noise.  She was pretty excited for that.

And then I got them both a few different comics/manga they've been wanting(Higurashi for my girlfriend, Transmetropolitan and I Feel Sick for my boyfriend).

• Shiny 1
  • Love 1

Cool lookin’ axe :cool: I like the maple top.

I got a nice Hario coffee grinder and a bag of dark roast beans, a bottle of vodka ( Grey Goose! :monocle: ), a bit of clothes, and some chocolate. My mum also sent me some $$$ which will inevitably goes towards buying guitar parts :gaigrin:

Happy Merry!

Got books, a new cat tree, a new internet modem i've been meaning to update, cat litter box cover and way too many sweets.

On 12/25/2023 at 8:07 AM, Psycho666Soldier said:

And then I got them both a few different comics/manga they've been wanting(Higurashi for my girlfriend, Transmetropolitan and I Feel Sick for my boyfriend).

Didn't know you were poly, that's awesome. Sounds like you had a great day!

I mostly got money, and gift cards to the Vans store. My mom also got me this beautiful silver compact mirror with my name etched onto it, which was super nice and probably my favorite gift. She also got me this microwave-able pillow thing shaped like a corgi. My partner got me some of the aforementioned cards/money, and a black PS5 controller. OH! And a Victoria's Secret gift card which will be...a challenge to use. Last time I had to go into one to look for something for myself I had to psych myself up for 15 minutes beforehand

• Shiny 1

Dad gave us a crapload of gardening tools. I'm talking like a hoe, rake, spade, edger and fork. We got a community gardening plot so they'll see use! There was also a hamper with various cheeses and spreads and things, too many to list.

• Shiny 1