Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tassifox

Things That Annoy You Currently

This is kinda the opposite of "Things that Amused you on the Net" but it's outside the net too. For example, my work we naturally have music and commercials on the satellite intercom. Lately the commercials are getting more annoying. This being the current one. :rotfl:

why the fuck are the charmin bears a thing fuck off

I have no clue. I think most commercial icons always go through a "pep phase" or something.  The last annoying one we had was for Pantene that had pop music and words being practically screamed out before it actually GOT to the pitch.

I am so blissfully unaware of commercials these days, it's great. It makes them 10x more jarring when I'm actually exposed to them though... I age like 60 years and start waving my cane around and griping like "who wrote this?? who is this for?? why does this exist?? reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" 

• Like 2
  • ROFL 2

I get the same way. Commercials leave me suuuuuper annoyed and angry. 

I'm the same, I use my ipod for my car music, and we don't have cable. So the only time I'm ever really exposed to commercials is the satellite at work and the few times I'm in a friends car when they have radio. So totally agree. The way the run adds makes me really wonder if they actually think.

When I am in a vehicle without a bluetooth connection to the radio I will switch between 3 or 4 stations to skip ads, and if they are all playing them I will turn it off. Fuck em. 

I seriously wish I had a mental blocker for commercials at work

I pay for spotify expressly to avoid ads. They are the worst thing. 

I wish work would get spotify to avoid commercials but I know that's not how that works :puppyeyes:

dude I recently had an MRI done at this fancy imaging clinic that had all sorts of nice bells and whistles and the tech put on spotify for me to listen to to help stave off the anxiety attack.... even they didn't spring for premium XD in that case though it actually relaxed me a teeny bit because i found it funny that a place that boasted top tech didn't use premium 

• ROFL 2

Any and all Sonic ads featuring these two

I think I may have chuckled at one, but that's it. They're fucking awful.

• ROFL 1

Omg yes these are just weird

Yeah I chuckled at maybe the first couple but they're usually just stupid like not even good dad jokes. :rotfl:

oh my god i had one of my aforementioned "age 60 years and rage" moments when i found out they're STILL doing commercials with these two

• ROFL 2

To this day.  Right now.  While we talk about this.  Please Sonic you have to get a new campaign.  They tried a few where they had the female versions of them too.  Still dumb.

Fuckin' sciatica. I can't get up, work, hell roll around in bed, without the constant feeling of having a taser shock shooting up my left leg, back, and butt every day.

That would royally suck :( One of my coworkers has this and she throws freight at work and the loads. 

Edgelord shit. I remember when trolling was actually funny but these days its crossed so far past cringe its alarming. I just shut off when I see it now.
And Facebook. Fuck Facebook. In the face!

I'm afraid to ask what edgelord is

Cringey ass shit people like those from 4chan that appear all over the net now grasping at low hanging fruit and generalisations mostly. People that claim to be trolls but instead of tricking people into outrage and getting mad for the lols like actual trolls, they're passionately proclaiming and arguing stupid shit that they actually stand by and trying to pass it off as trolling because people get "triggered" by picking apart their dumb arguments with logic. When I was growing up, trolls used to just fuck with people to piss them off and then laugh about it, even if they disagreed with what they were saying to said person, it was done do to get a rise out of people. Edgelord douchebags are just there to talk shit and call you a triggered cuck for not agreeing with them. 

eww

• Like 1

A solid baseline for edgelords are Sephiroth fans. 

• ROFL 2

Twitter rage culture. I wish I could look away from that site, but it's like watching an exploding fireworks factory.

It is a curse at times.

Small thing that seemed to be the theme at work this past weekend. When people keep repeating the question they just asked in about 5 different ways after you already answered it. Like legit to I need to fucking mime it out for you!? Smoke signals!?

No, they just need a Narrated Power Point Presentation with images. Followed by a printed document containing all the info. 

Then, and only then, will they ask you only once. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tassifox said:

It is a curse at times.

Small thing that seemed to be the theme at work this past weekend. When people keep repeating the question they just asked in about 5 different ways after you already answered it. Like legit to I need to fucking mime it out for you!? Smoke signals!?

It's that you gave them the real answer and not the answer they wanted you to give them probably.  People are annoying as fuck sometimes.

• Like 2

Ya know on some of my snarkier days at work when I have that case there are times when I respond to a customer "I know/I'm sorry that's not the answer you were looking for but it is the one that's there." and it gets them sooooooo flabergasted. :thebirds2:

The fact that nothing opens until 10AM.

My daughter's up at 6, it's raining, what the f&^% am I supposed to do with an energetic toddler for four hours before she starts to tear the house apart?
And then by 11AM she needs to eat and take her nap, so there's no point going anywhere in the morning, and in the afternoon she's cranky.

PARENTHOOD.

• ROFL 1

Yea that sounds about right. I do second this annoyance because thanks to certain shifts I have I will wake up early even when it's "sleeping in" so then because I like to avoid traffic and people I like to try and run my errands first thing in the morning so yea, when places don't open before 10 it makes it a pain for sure.

On 6/20/2019 at 7:51 PM, Olly said:

The fact that nothing opens until 10AM.

My daughter's up at 6, it's raining, what the f&^% am I supposed to do with an energetic toddler for four hours before she starts to tear the house apart?
And then by 11AM she needs to eat and take her nap, so there's no point going anywhere in the morning, and in the afternoon she's cranky.

PARENTHOOD.

What are all these things that don't open until 10AM?  Is this because you live in a smaller city or just the types of things you're trying to go do?  That sounds incredibly irritating either way of course. :|

Nah really it's a legit thing. Unless it's not a 24hr store like Walmart, Winco, 7/11. A grocery store that opens early like mine or hardware stores, or some certain diners. Lots of stores won't open till 10. Especially shops in malls. They'll open the malls themselves early but not most of the shops inside. This is a thing.

Fucking teenagers next to me while watching Spider-Man the second time wouldn't shut up the whole time. It'd have been okay if they were whispering to each other, but nope. Full volume. I was hoping they'd stop after the trailers were over but uh uh. The dude even kept spoiling upcoming scenes to his girlfriend. "Oh this is the scene where this happens." "Oooh, this is where X says Y!" 

91sn32Q.jpg

Like someone their own age with manners wouldn't be just as upset.

I think it was more that you called them out as teenagers instead of generic assholes. Only old people do that "kids these days... " and all that. 

Yeah I was just laughing at the god damn teenagers! part of it. :lol:

I believe they were assholes.  I remember, as a teenager, thinking other teenagers were assholes all the time. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Fair enough.

• Like 1

I had the same thing happen during Endgame, they started with whispering. Then they would talk during the quieter scenes until finally at one point I turned to them and told them to shut the hell up. They finally shut up after that otherwise I would have started throwing pieces of my popcorn at them every time they spoke.

Not that this helps the :old: but I was reminded of this

• ROFL 1

The level of activity on this board :lurk:

• Like 1

4real I am always here looking for updates to current topics and it's dead silent. I don't wanna go back to cancerverse guys :(

I tried to get activity but people post a couple times then disappear.  Don't know what else to do honestly lol.

We could maybe introduce a controlled mafia like the plan was eventually but there's no one here so.... :sorry:

Maybe we need conflict to post.  Center is fairly active still. :rotfl:

13 hours ago, Galeigh said:

I don't wanna go back to cancerverse guys :(

DSSTCenter is still around? 

• ROFL 1

I mean, in order to talk about things you're doing, you actually have to post that you're doing them and what you think about them.

Obvs there's also the issue of not having other people into what you're into, but that's also been the Center for like 10 years now.

Only reason the Center's active is because it's old people yelling about kids these days (because the old people don't have time to actually do anything fun or explore anything new). Unless you play the same two video games that their wives give them 20 minutes of time to play every other week or mafia (a glorified sleepover game), there's not much happening there either.

• Like 1
  • ROFL 1

4 hours ago, Death Rider Mox said:

Obvs there's also the issue of not having other people into what you're into, but that's also been the Center for like 10 years now.

Yeah, that used to bug me - but then I got over it and decided to post things even if it was basically just to talk to myself. Can't get people into something if you don't get in their face about it a bit. Start making some new threads, MT and KK.

• Like 3

Yeah you just have to post.  I'm basically talking to myself in the comic solicit topic.  Sometimes @Mera'din posts probably just to humor me. :bawling:

5 hours ago, little birdy said:

Start making some new threads, MT and KK.

Made two. :thumbs: 

• Shiny 1

16 hours ago, webhead said:

Yeah you just have to post.  I'm basically talking to myself in the comic solicit topic.  Sometimes @Mera'din posts probably just to humor me. :bawling:

Sometimes. XD

Same with me though. I don't know how many topics I've made and/or end up having like 5 replies in a row that are all just me posting new things or updates about whatever it is. >_>

Currently: the fact that my boss doesn't go home on time and I can't just relax with my headphones on and work at my own pace. It's not her fault (she literally cannot finish her work during the day due to staffing issues) but it still annoys the fuck outta me.