Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Galeigh

Food

The general catch all for food discussion and another reminder that Pizza is an option. 

Recently I have been binging a lot of cooking related YT (mostly Sortedfood) and on one video they put a soft boiled egg onto pizza. I was like, huh, that's odd. 

So after learning how to consistently cook a soft boiled egg,  I got my chance to try it today. We cooked a frozen pizza for dinner and while it was cooking I made the eggs (Desi wanted nothing to do with this madness). When the pizza was done I cut the eggs in half, seasoned them and placed them on my slices in such a way that when I folded them it would hold the eggs. 

Holy shit was is delicious. It went from a passable pizza into something genuinely memorable. I cannot wait to try this on some quality pizza. :drool:

PS: for those who know their eggs, I used the 8 minute soft boiled, not the 6.

There's a place here that makes breakfast pizza with eggs on it.  It's pretty damn good.

I've been trying to think of the name of these forever and @Anelle finally told me what they are:

https://www.stonewallkitchen.com/pizza-spirals-R2126.html

Totes making these for dinner soon.  They're so good.  Gonna maybe do pesto with bacon or chicken. :shiny:

• Like 1

Oooo those look amazing (pizza spirals not the egg on pizza. just no)

I just saw that Heinz is adding Cadbury egg cream into their mayo for an easter version of their product. WTF WHY!?

creme-egg-irish-post.jpg

Don't knock the egg pizza til you try it :drool:

Nope. Eggs are only good for being scrambled or in baked goods. Sorry I've just never liked it any other way.

Wow, never seen anyone in the middle road when it comes to eggs before. It's usually a love or hate thing. 

I really have tried, not a fan of the yolk with fried eggs. not a fan of boiled (hard or soft) ((giggity)) only other times I'm fine with it is when it's in egg drop soups or fried rice because SURPRISE it's mostly strings of scrambled eggs. You're guess is as good as mine with that.

Huh you don't like yolk.  That odd.  That's the rich part that people generally like the most.  Like when you have it on a burger and it bursts out all over the burger.  Messy but yum. :worship:

I fucking hate runny yolk. Might as well be eating a raw egg. :sick:

Always cook it to be solid like the whites.

• Like 2

To each their own. I love a runny yolk egg

Have you guys tried these new peanut reese's pieces?  Amazing.  I thought reese's was already perfect, but it turns out the ratio of peanut to chocolate was all wrong.

fully-cooked egg yolk: D- food, tastes like sulfur chalk. Devil it or gtfo
fully-cooked egg white: C+  

scrambled: B-range, depending on how overcooked it is
Runny yolk over toast: Solid A-

Runny white: no.

Eggs in any state are perfect, especially when you get a nice orange yolk

Throw some curry powder, black pepper, and turmeric on there, cook sunny side up til the bottom goes crispy.  On some toast with coriander on top

Or dipping sukiyaki bits into raw egg

Or eggnog

Or pickled

I just... I fucking love eggs

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, oneeight said:

Eggs in any state are perfect, especially when you get a nice orange yolk

Throw some curry powder, black pepper, and turmeric on there, cook sunny side up til the bottom goes crispy.  On some toast with coriander on top

Or dipping sukiyaki bits into raw egg

Or eggnog

Or pickled

I just... I fucking love eggs

You...I like you. :love:

1 hour ago, Olly said:

scrambled: B-range, depending on how overcooked it is

It took me a good few tries when I was making Jovanna breakfast in the morning to nail the scrambled eggs that weren't all overcooked and gross.  Most people overcook the fuck out of them.  I sort of did the Gordon Ramsey thing but then pretty much just shortened it down to, cook on a lower heat and take them off before they look done.  Works pretty good.  Holy shit are they good when they're cooked right. :love2:

• Like 1

Tried making this; eyeballed it wrong and while eating it knew it could be better, but it was still very very good!

(Hey, it embedded, awesome!)

What's the consensus on non-chicken eggs? For me; duck no, quail hell yes.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stinkfist said:

Have you guys tried these new peanut reese's pieces?  Amazing.  I thought reese's was already perfect, but it turns out the ratio of peanut to chocolate was all wrong.

I have not. I’ll have to try. But I doubt it can be better than the peanut butter M&M

4 hours ago, Hornet said:

Tried making this; eyeballed it wrong and while eating it knew it could be better, but it was still very very good!

(Hey, it embedded, awesome!)

What's the consensus on non-chicken eggs? For me; duck no, quail hell yes.

That looks very similar to a southwest kind of thing.  Looks yummy. :)

5 hours ago, Revolver said:

I have not. I’ll have to try. But I doubt it can be better than the peanut butter M&M

Not just the PB. One time M&M made a PBJ one and....It was okay? Anyone else I had tried either hated them or liked them. Now there's a jalepeno one, english toffee, and thai coconut flavor out right now.

Imo, nowbody does peanut butter like reese's.   I would kill for these things.

Peanut butter M&Ms are actually delicious as fuck.  Reese's are definitely fucking awesome though.  I'd pick PB M&Ms every time over Reese's pieces though.  Reese's ones like...don't taste right.  Ironically the M&M version tastes closer to a Reese's.

No, I think he's talking about the new Peanut Butter Lovers Reese's. 

It has a layer of PB on the top. I haven't seen them here yet though. 

Nono.  Nono.

You guys probably dont have it in the states.  For some reason canada is ahead of the curve on junk food.

6000199419490.jpg

8 hours ago, Stinkfist said:

Nono.  Nono.

You guys probably dont have it in the states.  For some reason canada is ahead of the curve on junk food.

6000199419490.jpg

Oh no, I haven't seen those either. 

Same here and I work in a grocery store. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled on that.

Although a customer got me addicted to NERDS Chewys. It's like having their taffy NERDS rope but in little bite form.

We're putting okra in one of our home-cooked curries for the first time (along with red/orange peppers, baby aubergine, spinch, leftover broccoli/beans and some paneer). Will see how it turns out. :O

• Like 1

Update: It was good! :liplick: And felt very virtuous (apart from the heap of supermarket naan on the side). :D Looking forward to eating the rest tonight.

...as someone with very very mild trypophobia the okra kind of weirded/squicked me out when I was chopping it, though. :rotfl:

• Like 2

I like okra but we for some reason don't cook with it very often. It's sometimes tricky because it can get so slimy if you don't do it right :-/

So my room mate and I went to one of our usual joints. (Dunno if there's a Hop Jacks aka now Hops n Drops in your states) and I tried the chicken fingers for the first time. Holy fuck that shit was GOOD! Seasoning was perfect and the meat was juicy af!

Had enchiladas with mole today.  Holy shit that was some good mole.  The actual short rib inside the enchilada was kinda disappointing though.  Not like...enough.

I hate when there's not enough meat in meals. I know meats pricey nowadays but seriously unless it's a street taco LAY ON THE MEAT

For as much as the meal cost, they should have given me the entire god damn short rib. :rotfl:

THAT PISSES ME OFF EVEN MORE.

• Like 1

Decided to share photos of last effortfood I photographed.

QcUe2Rp.jpg

wEqrKha.jpg
eXlxLm0.jpg
fSEGBeV.jpg

geddit it's a big mac :D

• Like 3

In my mouth please!

10 hours ago, Tassifox said:

In my mouth please!

:oops:

• ROFL 2

9 hours ago, webhead said:

:oops:

With relish?

Actually she seemed kinda bored. 

Hell no to the relish.

Found these delicious fishies at the newly expanded Polish grocery up the road.  We just ate em like that, but you could add sour cream and chopped onion

20190425_190359.thumb.jpg.2404c9bd4833428b63b953a3750cb230.jpg

• Like 1

Didn't have to worry about the little bones or anything?

So, I found a YT channel that teaches you how to cook chinese take out recipes at home. 

Might be trying to make some soon :lurk:

• Like 1

YUM YAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

So before my friend and I went to go see Avengers we had enough time to try out the sushi burrito place that opened up in the food court at the mall in her area. OMG SO FUCKING GOOD!