Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MT

E3 2019

And probably the only one doing a conference at this point :sweatdrop:

I'm curious if the others like Sony will just have a stream around the same time maybe?  Just not FROM E3?  Like Nintendo?  I hope so.  I feel sad that E3 is basically going to be dead now as far as watching stuff.

So like, is just NO ONE from Nintendo or Sony gonna be at/allow their IPs to be at E3? Because if that State of Play was anything to go by that's a bad decision lol

Nintendo has always BEEN at E3, they just stopped doing presentations there.  I imagine Sony would do basically the same thing.

Yeh. Nintendo's always at E3, but they've been doing a Direct instead of a Conference for quite a while. I'm assuming Sony will just happen to have a Sony Nintendo Direct take place during E3.

I'm assuming Microsoft and Bethesda will have Conferences. Bethesda's gotta try to do something to make people not hate them after Fallout 76. Did Square Enix have one last year?

Yes they did.  So I guess we'd have:

• Square
  • Microsoft
  • Bethesda
  • Nintendo
  • Ubisoft
  • EA

They'll all do something (video or live).  MAYBE Sony will put out a video like Nintendo?  I'll get a spreadsheet going for announced days and times like I did last year. :thumbs:

The EA Play shows have been god awful since they "split" from E3.

38 minutes ago, Nick said:

EA shows have been god awful.

FTFY. :P

Meh. I will be on a boat during E3 this year. Probably the only E3 ever that I don't mind missing the live show of. 

28 minutes ago, Galeigh said:

Meh. I will be on a boat during E3 this year.

p8u9Tv6.gif

• Like 1

Tune into Square Enix Live E3 2019 for the worldwide reveal of Marvel’s Avengers. 

?️ The event - complete with closed captions – begins June 10 at 6PM PT: http://Sqex.link/e3  

#SquareEnixE3 #Reassemble

Tweet

Yessssss

Finally. Really hoping for something impressive from Crystal Dynamics at this point.

Edit: sounds like some details were leaked online. One such mentioned 4-player co-op. ?

• Shiny 1

I doubt Sony will reveal hardware yet but they'll probably have a Nintendo Direct styled teaser of their last big run of titles for PS4. 1st party devs tend to go hard on their last gen console after the launch of their next gen console to make use of the install base so we could see the beginning of that. Nintendo Direct i'm expecting a lot of cool things but more than anything i'm interested to see what XBox do. With all the working together with Nintendo, now Sony and even releasing games on Steam I expect they're going to announce some random ass and hopefully unexpected shit. Also, those e3 sales will be nice :3

Still haven't played one of those since it seemed to be largely disappointing even if the second was "better" or whatever.  Maybe when I get get it ultra cheap I'll bite finally but I've got a lot of better games to play.  Still keeps me just interested enough to pay attention though.  Series is such a tease.

I would never recommend anyone play the first Watch Dogs. I tried so hard to like that game, but I was just so... so bored the whole time.

Never really played much of Watch Dogs 2, so I can't really say anything on that one.

I'm looking forward to watching the conferences.

So are people all gathering somewhere to talk about conferences while they're on?

I'm hoping to be on the Discord, but I'm not sure. I have plans, but I'm trying to work around it to a degree. :lurk:

I have no idea what the schedule but I'd go on IRC. Maybe. If it's during the day I'm busy at work. Most evenings I'm busy driving my kid around to various activities. Weekends are also busy. OK, count me out :rotfl:

I'm going to draw up a schedule real quick for the remaining shit.  Everyone is on Discord. @little birdy

Here is the schedule!

I'll add links to streams as I find them. :)

They bailed this year. :bawling:

2 hours ago, webhead said:

I'm going to draw up a schedule real quick for the remaining shit.  Everyone is on Discord.

Bummer

There was a Final Fantasy Concert in LA tonight. I guess they just played Final Fantasy VII music. And at the end there was a trailer for Final Fantasy VII Remake..... with a release date.

March 3, 2020

Put it in spoilers just in case anyone wants to wait until the conference to find out.

• Like 1

I laughed when Bethesda announced NPCs for Fallout 76 XD

Carrion looks awesome though. So does Scarlett and PC gamepass :3

20 hours ago, Nick said:

So are people all gathering somewhere to talk about conferences while they're on?

I'll be around for the Nintendo one tomorrow. :unkeke:

Please excuse me when I fly into a rage if there's nothing about Animal Crossing :uhoh:

Microsoft Conference was pretty solid, and they get points for somehow pulling off a celebrity showing up on stage and making it work. If I had an Xbone or was a Microsoft gamer I'd probably would've been pretty excited after it.

• Like 1

So, to anyone who'd kickstarted Shenmue 3 and was planning on getting the PC version..... hope you like the Epic Game Store. :uhoh:

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Death Rider Mox said:

Microsoft Conference was pretty solid, and they get points for somehow pulling off a celebrity showing up on stage and making it work. If I had an Xbone or was a Microsoft gamer I'd probably would've been pretty excited after it.

Everyone with a PC can be a Microsoft gamer now because they're bringing all their shit to both places.  They even seem to be putting a large number of them on Steam. :shiny:

Was surprisingly good though yeah.

7 hours ago, Nick said:

So, to anyone who'd kickstarted Shenmue 3 and was planning on getting the PC version..... hope you like the Epic Game Store. :uhoh:

Thank god I got the PS4 version.

Yeah that whole thing is incredibly fucking shitty.  They just confirmed a few weeks ago whether people wanted the PS4 or STEAM version of the game and then pulled the fucking rug out from underneath.

People are pissed.  They refuse to give refunds.  They took Epic's giant bags of money and fucked over their customers.

I'm definitely done backing any games for PC from now on.  Not playing roulette with that shit.

Nintendo was aight. It was games that I want to play on something that has achievements/trophies (Dragon Quest XI S), games from franchises that I would like to play but never really get around to it (Luigi's Mansion, Fire Emblem etc), big games that I don't really care about (Animal Crossing, Smash) or a game that's way far off (the surprise at the end)

Maybe No More Heroes 3 (Trophies plz, also I'd probs need it on sale because I beat 2 pretty easily in a day) and maybe Daemon x Machina (I didn't find the controls intuitive so it feels like work figuring out how to play it but I just love the aesthetic... kinda want it on something w/ trophies tho)

That fucking troll ?

Seiken Densetsu 3(Trials of Mana) getting a English released was enough for me. I mean getting the Mana Collection was enough, but SD3 getting remade was pretty cool as well. 

8 minutes ago, Death Rider Mox said:

Daemon x Machina (I didn't find the controls intuitive so it feels like work figuring out how to play it but I just love the aesthetic... kinda want it on something w/ trophies tho)

Looks like I missed the demo like an idiot.  Was it really hard to get used to the controls or just weird at first and you eventually got the hang of it?

Lot of good stuff for Nintendo though.  Right now they're showing a shit load of stuff for Pokemon. :shiny:

Some good collections (Contra & Mana games) and ONE GLARING OMISSION ON THAT FRONT (god damn it just announce Metroid Prime Trilogy :bawling:).

Spoiler

Zelda announcement was very surprising.  Don't think they've ever announced a follow up this quickly since like Majora's Mask.

Anyway, direct is here:

Ma, why so obsessed with achievements/trophies?

-

We gots an eShop sale going live now I think. Not super great deals but I might snag one or two titles

It gives his life meaning

@little birdy

The collection element of it. Sorta like Pokemon, I see a to-do list and if it's reasonably doable, I want to get'em all. Leads to me playing more games and playing games longer than I normally would.

@webhead

You can get used it to, I just didn't devote the time to doing so. But it also felt like a few things were clunky or didn't feel like a natural way to execute something (I remember flying up specifically felt weird to remember how to do)

Also I feel like Metroid Prime Trilogy is going to come out closer to the release of Metroid Prime 4 than not, but since they had to restart development on 4, it means they shelve the Trilogy. The Zelda announcement space feels like it would be where Metroid Prime would've gone if 4's development stayed on schedule.

I feel like MP Trilogy would be something great to keep people tided over for a while as they completely restart MP4. :-/

If they have four year development cycles, you'd probably want it to be released 1 or 2 years out instead of 3 or 4.

• ROFL 2

Here is the boat I was on. Did I miss anything good?

IMG_20190611_134753.thumb.jpg.33b3323ff4314b8d5a05d3e921f969ed.jpg

This doesn't cover what you missed, but I wanted to post this because it's good, as always.

I honestly like Phil Spencer. Ever since he took over I've been impressed with how he's handled their progress over the years. The XBone went from "What a fucking joke, I would never touch one of these in my life." to "I would consider buying one of those, maybe." His work, if nothing else, has really been highlighting Sony's lack of forward momentum since they stole the show for the PS4. His stances on a lot of pertinent issues to console gaming in recent years are exactly what I want to hear, and he tends to be really candid on difficulties with what he wants to do and/or things that people want to see.

Still don't like their controller though. XD

The best thing about Phil Spencer coming on is that they're bringing everything to PC.  The XBone is basically a Windows PC with a neato interface and integration with some extra services.  I can play Microsoft games now on a Microsoft OS and even more of a cherry on top, they're putting shit on Steam as well as the Microsoft store.

I feel like Spencer and the new Microsoft CEO are making Microsoft into a more kinder gentler company.  They want you to use their services and they're not being such fucking bastards about it.

Yeah, they seem to really big on accessibility so they're pushing things to be wider and easier to jump in to. Trying out the PC game pass thing for the month since it's a dollar right now to see how it is. One interesting thing I've seen with it so far is it looks like you can have up to 10 devices linked to your account (whether they be PCs, XBoxes, etc. ) and it doesn't seem to care if multiple things are using it at the same time. Downloaded the beta app for it and tested it out and could run a game on my computer through my account and also logged in on my wife's computer and was able to run a game there too at the same time with no complications that I could see.