Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Farmatron

Personality Types Test

Hey so this has come up a couple times at my work and with my friends lately. I thought it would be a fun way for us to learn more about each other and ourselves. You don't have to share your results if you don't want to, but I learned a lot about myself doing this personality test.

It talks about what things to look for in a relationship, friendship, career, ect. It also makes mention of your "cons", which once identified you can be more aware of and it might help you land that promotion, relationship, or finally conclude the "Great Battle of who does the dishes" :sweat:

My personality type is ESFJ - The Consult - Sentinel 

https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

image.thumb.png.f4071e16cc598bac98d0f40d23b4da96.png

Been a while since we did one of these. :)

I took it twice and got ESTJ then ESFJ.  I tend to go back and forth between thinking and feeling.  I don't like upsetting people but I FEEL like people should be logical. :rotfl:

ESTJ:

image.png.1cfb871511f62a47d4e1248ebd9d54c8.png

ESFJ:

image.png.be2c86e9d841855e24ad35c2ec0a6bdc.png

Main thing is that I am not very strongly one way or the other tbh. :rotfl:

12 minutes ago, webhead said:

I took it twice and got ESTJ then ESFJ

Be sure to read through the "Explore Your Type" articles. That is what I found most interesting. 

Mine was

image.thumb.png.d00552ac27b37b0be4aaf5ec06d5ec0e.png

9 minutes ago, Rulkster said:

ESFP-A

As for my role I got Entertainer.

"No other personality type is as generous with their time and energy as Entertainers when it comes to encouraging others, and no other personality type does it with such irresistible style."

That is awesome!

20 minutes ago, webhead said:

I took it twice and got ESTJ then ESFJ.  I tend to go back and forth between thinking and feeling.  I don't like upsetting people but I FEEL like people should be logical. :rotfl:

ESTJ:

image.png.1cfb871511f62a47d4e1248ebd9d54c8.png

"Executives often take on roles as community organizers, working hard to bring everyone together in celebration of cherished local events, or in defense of the traditional values that hold families and communities together."

huh... did you organize this forum... have you organized others before??? :sweat:

• ROFL 1

I really do feel like I gravitate between a blend of the two styles I'm reading about.  Kind of depends on how I feel/how motivated I am and stuff. :sweat:

My thing is that when I want something, I go and I do it.  If I think something is dumb at work, for instance, I go right to my bosses and tell them my ideas and I can be quite forceful about it but I often do get them to listen.I tend to lead somewhat but generally because other people really don't want to.I tend to lead somewhat but generally because other people really don't want to.

But I also care about people's feelings.  I organized this forum so it could be somewhere nice for people that wanted a chill atmosphere because I missed them. :rotfl:

I did this a long time ago and got E something or other.  Think I've done it twice, but  never remember.  I might go through this again.

It's not a particularly long test for this one.  Takes maybe 5 minutes.

INFP, babey. :heart:
https://www.16personalities.com/infp-personality

INFP Personality (“The Mediator”)

INFP personalities are true idealists, always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events, searching for ways to make things better. While they may be perceived as calm, reserved, or even shy, INFPs have an inner flame and passion that can truly shine. Comprising just 4% of the population, the risk of feeling misunderstood is unfortunately high for the INFP personality type – but when they find like-minded people to spend their time with, the harmony they feel will be a fountain of joy and inspiration.

Being a part of the Diplomat personality group, INFPs are guided by their principles, rather than by logic (Analysts), excitement (Explorers), or practicality (Sentinels). When deciding how to move forward, they will look to honor, beauty, morality and virtue – INFPs are led by the purity of their intent, not rewards and punishments. People who share the INFP personality type are proud of this quality, and rightly so, but not everyone understands the drive behind these feelings, and it can lead to isolation.

All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither; deep roots are not reached by the frost.

J. R. R. Tolkien

We Know What We Are, but Know Not What We May Be

At their best, these qualities enable INFPs to communicate deeply with others, easily speaking in metaphors and parables, and understanding and creating symbols to share their ideas. The strength of this intuitive communication style lends itself well to creative works, and it comes as no surprise that many famous INFPs are poets, writers and actors. Understanding themselves and their place in the world is important to INFPs, and they explore these ideas by projecting themselves into their work.

INFPs have a talent for self-expression, revealing their beauty and their secrets through metaphors and fictional characters.

INFPs’ ability with language doesn’t stop with their native tongue, either – as with most people who share the Diplomat personality types, they are considered gifted when it comes to learning a second (or third!) language. Their gift for communication also lends itself well to INFPs’ desire for harmony, a recurring theme with Diplomats, and helps them to move forward as they find their calling.

Listen to Many People, but Talk to Few

Unlike their Extraverted cousins though, INFPs will focus their attention on just a few people, a single worthy cause – spread too thinly, they’ll run out of energy, and even become dejected and overwhelmed by all the bad in the world that they can’t fix. This is a sad sight for INFPs’ friends, who will come to depend on their rosy outlook.

If they are not careful, INFPs can lose themselves in their quest for good and neglect the day-to-day upkeep that life demands. INFPs often drift into deep thought, enjoying contemplating the hypothetical and the philosophical more than any other personality type. Left unchecked, INFPs may start to lose touch, withdrawing into "hermit mode", and it can take a great deal of energy from their friends or partner to bring them back to the real world.

Luckily, like the flowers in spring, INFP’s affection, creativity, altruism and idealism will always come back, rewarding them and those they love perhaps not with logic and utility, but with a world view that inspires compassion, kindness and beauty wherever they go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jane said:

INFP, babey. :heart:

"Few personality types are as poetic and kind-hearted as Mediators. Their altruism and vivid imagination allow Mediators to overcome many challenging obstacles, more often than not brightening the lives of those around them. Mediators’ creativity is invaluable in many areas, including their own personal growth."

I wish I had a vivid imagination lol. What do you do for work?

1 hour ago, Farmatron said:

"Few personality types are as poetic and kind-hearted as Mediators. Their altruism and vivid imagination allow Mediators to overcome many challenging obstacles, more often than not brightening the lives of those around them. Mediators’ creativity is invaluable in many areas, including their own personal growth."

I wish I had a vivid imagination lol. What do you do for work?

I'm a children's book illustrator! :) Seems to fit the INFP description pretty well I guess. :D

• Like 1

The last time I took this test (about 3 years ago) I ended up with The Advocate, INFJ. I'll have to take it again and see if it's still the same

3 minutes ago, Galeigh said:

INFP -T   The Mediator. 

oooh another vivid imagination! What do you do for work? I'm always so fascinated by creative people because you all are the type that make my books, movies, tv shows, and...well things that entertain me! 

spongebob imagination GIF

I am a custodian. Not much room to be creative outside of "what order do I clean up today?"

2 minutes ago, Galeigh said:

I am a custodian. Not much room to be creative outside of "what order do I clean up today?"

what about your hobbies? do you play music, write, draw, wood work, weld, cook?

You like drawing though, right? So there's creativity in there. :unkeke:

I draw, occasionally write, and play video games. 

I was also an animation major, but I never finished cause of a cluster fuck of reasons so I never was able to get into that industry. 

1 minute ago, Galeigh said:

animation major

That's awesome!! Do you still have a passion for it? Do you have a portfolio or youtube channel? 

Oh hey this one! We did this at my work as a team builder lol. I got INFP(T): The Mediator, though in other tests in the fairly distant past I have also gotten ISFJ: The Defender

image.png.120038dbd4db11fbd45e843000653a19.png

The Defender personality type is quite unique, as many of their qualities defy the definition of their individual traits. Though sensitive, Defenders have excellent analytical abilities; though reserved, they have well-developed people skills and robust social relationships; and though they are generally a conservative type, Defenders are often receptive to change and new ideas. As with so many things, people with the Defender personality type are more than the sum of their parts, and it is the way they use these strengths that defines who they are.

Defenders are true altruists, meeting kindness with kindness-in-excess and engaging the work and people they believe in with enthusiasm and generosity.
There’s hardly a better type to make up such a large proportion of the population, nearly 13%. Combining the best of tradition and the desire to do good, Defenders are found in lines of work with a sense of history behind them, such as medicine, academics and charitable social work.

Defender (ISFJ) personality
Defender personalities (especially Turbulent ones) are often meticulous to the point of perfectionism, and though they procrastinate, they can always be relied on to get the job done on time. Defenders take their responsibilities personally, consistently going above and beyond, doing everything they can to exceed expectations and delight others, at work and at home.

We Must Be Seen to Be Believed
The challenge for Defenders is ensuring that what they do is noticed. They have a tendency to underplay their accomplishments, and while their kindness is often respected, more cynical and selfish people are likely to take advantage of Defenders’ dedication and humbleness by pushing work onto them and then taking the credit. Defenders need to know when to say no and stand up for themselves if they are to maintain their confidence and enthusiasm.

Naturally social, an odd quality for Introverts, Defenders utilize excellent memories not to retain data and trivia, but to remember people, and details about their lives. When it comes to gift-giving, Defenders have no equal, using their imagination and natural sensitivity to express their generosity in ways that touch the hearts of their recipients. While this is certainly true of their coworkers, whom people with the Defender personality type often consider their personal friends, it is in family that their expressions of affection fully bloom.

If I Can Protect You, I Will
Defender personalities are a wonderful group, rarely sitting idle while a worthy cause remains unfinished. Defenders’ ability to connect with others on an intimate level is unrivaled among Introverts, and the joy they experience in using those connections to maintain a supportive, happy family is a gift for everyone involved. They may never be truly comfortable in the spotlight, and may feel guilty taking due credit for team efforts, but if they can ensure that their efforts are recognized, Defenders are likely to feel a level of satisfaction in what they do that many other personality types can only dream of.

I took this a few months ago and got The Architect. I am about to take it again. Let's see what I get.

Architect.thumb.PNG.32155b090034b7273292786d170a6312.PNG

Well you're certainly consistent. :rotfl:

You guys all have much stronger results than I do.  I can't say that surprises me.  I'm always middle of the road. :P

If I recall, Architect is the second most rare type of personality. 

First time I took this way back in high school, I believe I was an INTJ. Took this test just now and I ended up INFJ-T. I wish I could remember what the rest stood for, outside of Introvert/Extrovert.

igLELQp.jpg

Something I thought was kinda funny, is one of the other people they mention as "Advocates you may know" is James Wilson from House, and that seems pretty accurate. :rotfl: 

8 hours ago, Lucy said:

Oh hey this one! We did this at my work as a team builder lol. I got INFP(T): The Mediator, though in other tests in the fairly distant past I have also gotten ISFJ: The Defender

Oh, really? :OI always thought ISFJ rang true of you, but I guess there's gonna be a fair bit of overlap between the types. :unkeke:

I must have taken various forms of these tests loads of time (I have a weakness for personality analysis stuff...) and have gotten INFP every single time, apart from one time I got ENFP - but I think the Introvert-leading questions in that one were basically "do you loathe people and live in a deep dark cave you only emerge from once a year" so if you were more in the middle then it ended up a bit skewed.

For those of us who are on the Introvert side, I really like this site: https://introvertdear.com/
It's got a lot of interesting thinkpieces and POVs about the introverted MBTI types, among other things. :)

ENFP: Campaigner

You Can Change the World With Just an Idea
More than just sociable people-pleasers though, Campaigners, like all their Diplomat cousins, are shaped by their Intuitive (N) quality, allowing them to read between the lines with curiosity and energy. They tend to see life as a big, complex puzzle where everything is connected – but unlike Analyst personality types, who tend to see that puzzle as a series of systemic machinations, Campaigners see it through a prism of emotion, compassion and mysticism, and are always looking for a deeper meaning.

Big swing towards F, I used to pretty much always get ENTP.

The one constant in these tests whenever I take them is I always get near 50:50 Introversion/Extroversion.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Hornet said:

The one constant in these tests whenever I take them is I always get near 50:50 Introversion/Extroversion.

I'm usually pretty close to the middle of I/E too I think (though I'd definitely judge myself to be more introvert, especially if one counts social anxiety as a contributing factor). We must just be slightly opposite sides of the middle point, haha.

They tend to see life as a big, complex puzzle where everything is connected – but unlike Analyst personality types, who tend to see that puzzle as a series of systemic machinations, Campaigners see it through a prism of emotion, compassion and mysticism, and are always looking for a deeper meaning.

I can definitely see this kind of fluid, intuitive way of thinking in both of us!

I got "Campaigner" (ENFP)

I always get annoyed with the feeling/thinking questions, because I've studied the cognitive science of emotions and thus believe in their importance and significance... from a *rational* rather than an instinctive perspective. So I'm kind of like does that mean I'm actually more a thinking person because I'm hitting the "feeling" button on a *logical* basis. (Or actually a feeling person because of how annoyed this inaccuracy in the test is making me! xD) 

• Like 1

Yeah some of these things felt very limiting.  Like I both care deeply about people and highly prize being logical about things. :rotfl:

Of course you get the one called adventurer.  Hah.

• ROFL 1

architect.thumb.JPG.527faa583c15ce2051759ff23f0cc7f5.JPG

Spoiler

ARCHITECT PERSONALITY (INTJ, -A/-T)
It’s lonely at the top, and being one of the rarest and most strategically capable personality types, Architects know this all too well. Architects form just two percent of the population, and women of this personality type are especially rare, forming just 0.8% of the population – it is often a challenge for them to find like-minded individuals who are able to keep up with their relentless intellectualism and chess-like maneuvering. People with the Architect personality type are imaginative yet decisive, ambitious yet private, amazingly curious, but they do not squander their energy.

Nothing Can Stop the Right Attitude From Achieving Its Goal
With a natural thirst for knowledge that shows itself early in life, Architects are often given the title of “bookworm” as children. While this may be intended as an insult by their peers, they more than likely identify with it and are even proud of it, greatly enjoying their broad and deep body of knowledge. Architects enjoy sharing what they know as well, confident in their mastery of their chosen subjects, but they prefer to design and execute a brilliant plan within their field rather than share opinions on “uninteresting” distractions like gossip.

A paradox to most observers, Architects are able to live by glaring contradictions that nonetheless make perfect sense – at least from a purely rational perspective. For example, Architects are simultaneously the most starry-eyed idealists and the bitterest of cynics, a seemingly impossible conflict. But this is because Architect personalities tend to believe that with effort, intelligence and consideration, nothing is impossible, while at the same time they believe that people are too lazy, short-sighted or self-serving to actually achieve those fantastic results. Yet that cynical view of reality is unlikely to stop an interested Architect from achieving a result they believe to be relevant.

Architect (INTJ) personality

In Matters Of Principle, Stand Like a Rock
Architects radiate self-confidence and an aura of mystery, and their insightful observations, original ideas and formidable logic enable them to push change through with sheer willpower and force of personality. At times it will seem that Architects are bent on deconstructing and rebuilding every idea and system they come into contact with, employing a sense of perfectionism and even morality to this work. Anyone who doesn’t have the talent to keep up with Architects’ processes, or worse yet, doesn’t see the point of them, is likely to immediately and permanently lose their respect.

Rules, limitations and traditions are anathema to the Architect personality type – everything should be open to questioning and reevaluation, and if they see a way, Architects will often act unilaterally to enact their technically superior, sometimes insensitive, and almost always unorthodox methods and ideas.
This isn’t to be misunderstood as impulsiveness – Architects will strive to remain rational no matter how attractive the end goal may be, and every idea, whether generated internally or soaked in from the outside world, must pass the ruthless and ever-present “Is this going to work?” filter. This mechanism is applied at all times, to all things and all people, and this is often where Architect personalities run into trouble.

One Reflects More When Traveling Alone
Architects are brilliant and confident in bodies of knowledge they have taken the time to understand, but unfortunately the social contract is unlikely to be one of those subjects. White lies and small talk are hard enough as it is for a type that craves truth and depth, but Architects may go so far as to see many social conventions as downright stupid. Ironically, it is often best for them to remain where they are comfortable – out of the spotlight – where the natural confidence prevalent in Architects as they work with the familiar can serve as its own beacon, attracting people, romantically or otherwise, of similar temperament and interests.

Architects are defined by their tendency to move through life as though it were a giant chess board, pieces constantly shifting with consideration and intelligence, always assessing new tactics, strategies and contingency plans, constantly outmaneuvering their peers in order to maintain control of a situation while maximizing their freedom to move about. This isn’t meant to suggest that Architects act without conscience, but to many other types, Architects’ distaste for acting on emotion can make it seem that way, and it explains why many fictional villains (and misunderstood heroes) are modeled on this personality type.

Spoiler

1372880866_architecttypes.thumb.JPG.339bd6888994652790cbd77c47658883.JPG

• Like 1

On 3/26/2019 at 5:43 PM, webhead said:

Of course you get the one called adventurer.  Hah.

Yeah, I just get stuff handed to me on a silver platter all my life.  It's quite boring.

Anecdote & could be barnum effect but these all seem to fit yall pretty well. 

In terms of swinging from T to F; I think I've had this change over time where I've stopped seeing This Gay Earth as something that I have any hope of understanding according to some systemized, clear, explanatory schema. I'm fully aware that there are people about who can, or will eventually be able to explain something like Autism according to like; neural cell adhesion molecules. Crucially, though, I've realized that will not be me. No matter how hard I lean into being a popscience fanboy dipshit, nobody's going to let me play with CRISPR; That ship sailed when I got straight-c's in high school.

Taking stock of what abilities I do have though; Reading comprehension and a weird dirtbag rhetorical flair I feel like I might be able to manage to be something like Chesterton's philosophical policeman in that I tend to see when people are making some horrible ideological mistake. I'm pretty much sterile in terms of original ideas but I have this compensatory super-hearing w/r/t dogwhistles, bullshit and ideology which is actually kind of cursed because I find myself in the role of Big Hairy Horse's Ass Telling Everyone They're Wrong more often than not, while bringing little if anything to the table.  

It's actually weird as hell to be described as a "Campaigner" given the one cause I really got fired up about (Labour Organizing) went kind of badly for me.

I wonder if anyone would think this fits

image.thumb.png.2d7175aaf91ad7b536c694c283725bfb.png

Spoiler

ISTP PERSONALITY (“THE VIRTUOSO”)

I wanted to live the life, a different life. I didn’t want to go to the same place every day and see the same people and do the same job. I wanted interesting challenges.

Harrison Ford

ISTPs love to explore with their hands and their eyes, touching and examining the world around them with cool rationalism and spirited curiosity. People with this personality type are natural Makers, moving from project to project, building the useful and the superfluous for the fun of it, and learning from their environment as they go. Often mechanics and engineers, ISTPs find no greater joy than in getting their hands dirty pulling things apart and putting them back together, just a little bit better than they were before.

ISTPs explore ideas through creating, troubleshooting, trial and error and first-hand experience. They enjoy having other people take an interest in their projects and sometimes don’t even mind them getting into their space. Of course, that’s on the condition that those people don’t interfere with ISTPs’ principles and freedom, and they’ll need to be open to ISTPs returning the interest in kind.

ISTPs enjoy lending a hand and sharing their experience, especially with the people they care about, and it’s a shame they’re so uncommon, making up only about five percent of the population. ISTP women are especially rare, and the typical gender roles that society tends to expect can be a poor fit – they’ll often be seen as tomboys from a young age.

I got Defender ISFJ -A/-T... i have to say reading through it i was actually floored how much of it rang true for me.  :hide:

Does defender involve hiding in a well often? :umyeah:

Well being an introvert... yes... but being a social introvert says... yeah pretty much...:hide:

Well now I know why you have an interest in swords.

Another INFP but years of management training has made me funtionally a J and I get really annoyed by my P side.  So I pretty much operate as a J most of the time now, which takes more effort but rewards me with lower anxiety.  I am hard introversion though.  So mediator/advocate.

Funny enough, I just started a long course of training at work that does a deep dive into all this, so if I'll report back if I've learned anything cool.  The most interesting thing I discovered in the first session is T's instinctively want to win at all costs, and S's tend not to like abstract art very much.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, oneeight said:

S's tend not to like abstract art very much

It's funny you mention that.  I was watching something (no idea what, not important) and sort of mused at how I don't care for the abstract like at all.  I don't really get into art but I REALLY don't get into abstract art.  It just does nothing for me.  I'd say that fits. :rotfl:

Abstract and metaphorical can be fun as long as they don't dip into pretentious