Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
webhead

Destiny 2

Season passes are dead in the water for me.  Expansion... We'll see.

I'll be getting it. I've had enough fun coming back to the game after nearly 2 years away and catching up on story stuff that I missed and this brings back one of my favorite characters (it's why I became interested enough to give it another go in the first place XD ). I've actually enjoyed this particular season, though looking back at and/or doing some of the other stuff they've done for other seasons though it's been REALLY hit and miss overall, so we'll see for anything beyond the expansion.

There's some major story points they still need to hit on (mostly dealing with Mara and Uldren) that I may buy into if it goes that direction. If they pull some new character out of their ass though, I'll probably sit on it. It took like a year and a half for the Drifter (and half the other characters really) to become even remotely interesting and I don't think I could deal with that kind of foot dragging at this point. :| 

Apparently, as much as I dislike PvP, once in a while I'm still pretty damn good at it. XD

tiger_release_final_20201005_040000.thumb.png.e3a7731311a229dd125a21ec106aa755.png

So... who is/is anyone getting the new Expansion? :uhoh:

I probably am. Boyfriend and one of his friends are getting back into it so i'll probably be running around with them.

I'm thinking I want to wait and see how it goes.  Do what Kyle did and just come in at the end of the season and get all the stuff.

I'm getting it. Have been enjoying myself again and the story is finally getting to the point where I wanted it to be at the beginning of D2 so I'm looking forward to it. Have almost completely caught up on everything I missed now too. Only one raid I haven't done but that one of the ones not going away so got the others taken care of first. Literally just finished my last one I needed for the moments of triumph thing just an hour or so ago. 

Just bought the expansion/season pass on Green Man Gaming. They've got a 15% off coupon code that reduced the price from 49.99 to 42.49, so I figured why not.

Guess I'd have to decide what platform to get it on if I decided to get it. :P

Season details

HNa7F4h.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah, they're really pissing people off with this one. The whole system is pretty fucking scummy. There's even more bitching about this already then there ever was for the sunsetting stuff so hopefully they'll make some changes to it pretty quick. It's especially ridiculous because they literally just got done axing a bunch of different currencies/resources. -_- 

Bungie?  Do scummy things to make something Diablo 3 does for 100 gold and a smile take fucking forever for no reason?

tenor.gif?itemid=3464812

• Like 1

Shit didn't realize this was starting already.  I kinda fucked around and didn't finish my season pass stuff up to level 100 yet.  I'm sure it's too late now.  I wish they'd give you a way to continue those things even after the season is over. :-/

E7ZbD5W.jpg

Update:  I hit level 100 last night. :lol:  Went up 11 levels in one night.  Not bad.

18 minutes ago, webhead said:

Update:  I hit level 100 last night. :lol:  Went up 11 levels in one night.  Not bad.

8DZt9Qp.gif

Looks like all of the Vault of Glass weapons are gonna come back. Gimme that Fatebringer/Vex Mythoclast!

I picked up beyond light to give it a go since it was on sale, still not paying for the DLC that I had already played on Console for the prices listed tho

They REALLY need to roll Forsaken and Shadowkeep either into the base free game, or make them an all-in-one bundle thing with the current expansion because there is literally no reason to buy them outside of story stuff and a handful of exotics since nearly all the gear in them is sunset. :| 

• Like 1

They need to just roll every expansion into the base game every time they release a new one because fucking no one is buying the old stuff and they MUST know that.  It's dumb as shit. :P 

Aight Titan Ice power is fun as fuck

12 hours ago, Galeigh said:

Aight Titan Ice power is fun as fuck

It's definitely fun for a while but I started getting tired of it since none of the Titan powers actually damage anything.  Lol.

I haven't fully unlocked it yet as I am not far enough into the story, so I can only use it in the scripted sections and not as I please... 

5 minutes ago, Galeigh said:

I haven't fully unlocked it yet as I am not far enough into the story, so I can only use it in the scripted sections and not as I please... 

Oh you have lots of time in the honeymoon phase still.  I think the most frustrating part is that they threw this into the game and there's basically no exotic armor that does anything special with it and they also didn't update any of the element stuff to take advantage of it either.

Is the Center clan still a thing?

It is, but I don't think any of us are in it any more, gotta get those clan engrams

I play after work usually, but on the weekends it's pretty much whenever

Looks like I got kicked out at some point. :rotfl:

You're still listed on your inactive account. If you didn't activate the cross save thing off of your psn account, it wouldn't show you in it when you play or check anything.

Screenshot_20210517-220610_Chrome.jpg

Finished my last week 1 challenge and began working on unlocking my stasis aspects

New mission came out this week to cap off the season.

Lakshmi is dead after opening a Vex portal down where the Fallen have been hanging in the Last City, and all of the factions have fled the tower.

Really interested in where it's going from here. 

Was suspicious of him before, but I'm pretty much 100% sure that Osiris is actually Savathun now. Things he was saying throughout the season all sounded slightly off and one of the lore books pushes the idea even further in that direction, but that whole last set of quests pretty much ensures it. My only hope therein is that the real him is still alive and maybe even Sagira too.

Lol just deleted Destiny off the PC to make room for Diablo 2 remastered.

How small is your hard drive? :eek3:

500GB SSD for games. I do have some legacy games on there though (at least 2 fallouts and skyrim...). 

I moved Mortal Kombat 11 to my other drive because it's fucking 109GB lol.  Pretty sure I'll have plenty of space for D2R now!

So it seems there was a hidden bit in the epilogue mission. Off to the side of the starting area you can find a friendly Harpy with a blue glowing eye instead of the usual red which some people think could be the one from Nessus we saw from one of the Exotic missions, however it's making noises that translate from morse code as "Assistant", so some people are thinking it's Asher Mir trying to communicate through it (or that is IS Asher I guess).

Yeah, he was supposed to be slowly turning into a Vex from whatever interaction he had with the Vex Milk. I think he drank it or something? You can also get that Harpy killed, just not with your own guns.

This week's "This Week At Bungie" talks about a lot of the changes going on this next season, and one of the craziest things i've read so far is that all primaries will now have infinite ammo. 😮 

I heard they might do that. Wonder if that's going to fuck over the "use all your ammo and it will give you a small amount of ammo for each weapon" thing you could do. I'm guessing yes. Because leave it to Bungie to somehow turn giving infinite ammo on a weapon slot into a nerf. :rotfl: 

I was thinking it'd just be weapons in the primary slot, but it sounds like it's all weapons that use primary ammo/white bricks, which means infinite Riskrunner ammo :shiny:

Also, if anyone doesn't know, there's one more "mission" this week, takes about 5 minutes to finish and you get an Exotic ship out of it

Of course, the stream is during a fucking meeting I have lol.