Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
webhead

Destiny 2

Man, they talked about a lot, but I am incredibly hyped for what's coming next. Unfortunately there's not a video of just what was shown on the stream yet, looks like it's a bunch of small videos.

Edit: IGN put up an archive of the stream, the actual Witch Queen stuff is only the last half hour or so.

Really liked a lot of what they talked about. They've been building to this story since Forsaken, so it's nice to see some of it starting to play out. Wish I was able to play the new season right away since that's something I've been waiting on for a long time too story-wise, but I'm on vacation and won't be home until late Saturday night, so I have to wait a bit. 

Also curious about what they'll do once the whole "Light vs Darkness" thing is wrapped up. Because that's kind of just been... what Destiny is. It's been the core of the story since the beginning. Guess we'll see in a few years. XD

Destiny 3: Ultra Darkness

I'm also curious what comes after the Darkness.  It has been that for the last 7 years?  They basically just have an idea for another game and they're just doing it in Destiny?  Lol.

Yep. It's been that since the series existed. Even in in-game terms, that's literally been everything since the beginning of existence basically. The Gardener vs the Winnower, Light vs. Darkness, etc. 

Kind of expecting some sort of "basically Darkness, but by another name" type shit, but maybe they'll surprise us. :shrug: 

I mean maybe we'll finally defeat "The Darkness" once and for all somehow and the Traveler will die or some shit.  Maybe that means also we can start traveling elsewhere and see some new fucking races. :P

That would be best case scenario.  Kill the darkness and reach out to the rest of the universe Mass Effect style. :nod:

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure most of us that played Destiny 2 in the last year or so are getting this expansion, so this might come in handy.

One of the more important details is that weapon parts are going away, so make sure to turn them in before the expansion drops or they are gone forever.

• Like 1

Next week i'm probably gonna hop on here and there to store up bounties for when the expansion drops, so I can level up quick.

This might be an interesting way to kill time until we can actually play Witch Queen 

• Like 1