Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
webhead

Destiny 2

Oh goodie another fucking hand cannon. :P

Arguable it is one of the best but still.  I swear half the time it's endless hand cannons.

The next season started today. It's real easy to get 690 drops that'll bring you up to speed pretty quickly if anyone's interested in diving back in.

There anything actually fun to do?

It's not Gambit related this season, and there's a new matchmade 6 person PvE event. I just barely had time to play today, so I don't know how much fun it actually is just yet.

• Like 1

They'll bend, I bet.  Especially if they're the only ones left out.  I'm getting really tired of their bullshit.

Sony is losing the cross play/save/progression battle. Dauntless has cross play/progression with ps4,xbone, and pc. Its made by a small indie dev backed by epic. 

If they can leverage it then that can of worms is open now and sony no longer has a good reason to deny it anymore. 

There's also going to be a stream tomorrow talking about what's coming next.

Rumors are that Destiny 2 will be going free to play soon, and not be tied to the Blizzard launcher any more. In the Google Stadia stream that's going on right now, everything in Destiny 2 up to this point will come included with some premium version of Stadia. The Stadia thing also showed a trailer for the Shadowkeep stuff. Eris Morn's back, we're going to the moon. That's about it, really. Waiting to see what Bungie talks about in their stream in a little bit.

26 minutes ago, MT said:

Rumors are that Destiny 2 will be going free to play soon

Ugh.  That's probably the worst possible development. :sick:

https://www.twitch.tv/bungie

This is going right now.  They just confirmed cross save on ALL platforms including Sony! :shiny:

And they just announced the free to play thing.  "Free entry point"

"New Light" gets you to the new part of the game immediately so you can play with your friends.

Some really interesting looking stuff in here. I'm actually more excited about what's coming next than I have been in a while.

This is a pretty good article:

https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/6/18652317/destiny-2-shadowkeep-fall-expansion-announced-reveal-release-date

I like that they're finally calling it an MMO and they said specifically they're really going to lean into the RPG elements (bring back the RPG stats or something to that effect) so I am very impressed.  I was honestly expecting basically nothing from them and this stream today was nothing short of miraculous.  He fucking trolled the shit out of us about Steam too..."you might say we're looking for an...EPIC...partner" and then they immediately announced they were moving the game from Battle.net to Steam. :rotfl:

image.png.6f344b5aaa1e48a6c0f255ea459b99c4.png

I'm hoping with cross save in the bag they may eventually move to cross play as well.  God that would be sweet.  Could finally get some of the console player holdouts to play with us on PC. :shiny:

Also hopefully there's a way to like...overwrite my console save with my PC save. :lurk:

Edit:  Article on Bungie.net too

• Like 1

Just read that. God damn. :O And yeah, fuck 'em.

The TL;DR for any lazy fucks...

• On September 17, 2019: 
    • All Eververse armor (new and armor you’ve already acquired!) is being converted into Universal Ornaments
    • Universal Ornaments can be attached to any newly acquired Legendary armor
    • Bright Dust is going to come from doing bounties, not dismantling things you spent money on
    • Eververse items can now be pulled from your Collections with Glimmer/Legendary Shards instead of Bright Dust
  • Before September 17, 2019:
    • Dismantle all of your unused Eververse items to maximize your Bright Dust reserves 

Nice.  Guess Activision really was pushing their douchieness onto Bungo.

Not gonna lie, a lot of these changes are tempting me back in. One of the big reasons I noped out is that all the rewards were in the eververse meaning the only way to feel rewarded was to spend money and not play the game. 

The other big one was the massive nerf to upgrading weapons and armor through whatever they are called now, those things that were impossible to fucking farm reliabley

That's still going but there are more sources for them now.  I wish they'd just fucking get rid of those god damn things.  Maybe the changes they make will involve not needing to "upgrade" armor in that way?  I'm not really sure.  Definitely need to see more info on these armor mod things.

I'll probably start playing again once it's released on Steam. I really hope they re-release Destiny 1 on Steam too and now Activision has essentially fucked off (good!) maybe things like matchmaking in raids and nightfalls can become a thing. So far i'm liking Bungie's decisions though they have a long way to go to jiggle off the scum that Activision so generously coated them in.

They're not going to port the first game.  If anything they'll just keep adding content from the first game and call it new. :P

Shadowkeep release date pushed back two weeks

If I were playing Destiny more often i'd be upset by this, but anything that gives them more time to work out details/kinks is a good thing in my book.

I am thinking of hopping into the current season.  The new thing looks kind of fun.  Just need people to actually play with. :rotfl:

Ryzen 3000 bug is fixed finally.

This Week at Bungie

Lots of extra info about upcoming stuff.  Cross Save August 21st. :shiny:

August 21st may be the day I switch to pc then. 

Big deciding factor is whether or not I have to re buy all the dlc I have, cause if I do then there is no fucking point. 

Yeah, I'm kind of curious about how they'll handle that. Looking at the site, the answer appears to be a definite nope.

Do my previous game purchases transfer across platforms?
No. The things you have purchased from your PC or Console stores will remain on the platforms where you bought them. These includes games or balances of Silver. Cross Save enables you to access the Guardians and Collections on one Active Account from wherever you play. The things that you acquire for your characters in the game are what move with you from one platform to another.

I think everything before this current season pass will be available on the new console/PC for free though.

Looked around a bit to be sure. It looks like New Light is everything but Forsaken and the Annual Pass (Season of the Forge, Season of the Drifter, and Season of Opulence).

Guess I'll reinstall Destiny 2 sometime.

Whelp nvm then. Not worth rebuying everything.

I wonder if you'd need to have that stuff to get.... what is it, Shadowkeep?

Tried looking to see how much it costs to buy just Forsaken and the Annual Pass. The Pass is on sale for 15 on PC right now on Battle.net. But I couldn't find JUST Forsaken. They have The Complete Collection, which has Forsaken and the Annual Pass, on sale for 40. :P

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/66276/destiny-2s-free-version-include-forsaken-campaign/index.html

Looks like it doesn't include Forsaken yeah.  I doubt you're going to actually replay the story in Forsaken though so you should just go get it on PC. :shrug:

Just wait for the new Shadowkeep expansion and see how it rates.  If it's good just buy THAT and ignore the other shit. :lol:

True. All the old stuff from Forsaken will probably be garbage. :P

The equipment will but I think all the strikes and stuff are still in?  Just no missions.  I can't imagine anyone is going to play any MISSIONS from Forsaken over again right?  Kind of a one and done deal.

So cross save is up. Had a rough time figuring out what to do to get it done, and apparently you have to authenticate every account on the page, even if you don't have accounts on that console. I don't have anything on XBox and nothing on Steam (obviously) but it wouldn't let me go on until I authenticated them all. 

2 hours ago, MT said:

So cross save is up. Had a rough time figuring out what to do to get it done, and apparently you have to authenticate every account on the page, even if you don't have accounts on that console. I don't have anything on XBox and nothing on Steam (obviously) but it wouldn't let me go on until I authenticated them all. 

That is beyond stupid. 

I may not have had to add my XBox account to the page, but I don't know for sure. When I think about it, it kind of makes sense that they want you to do it for every system just in case you buy Destiny later on, that way they don't have to change anything. But there should've been something on the page itself saying you needed to authenticate it everywhere or nowhere.

You don't have to do that.  I didn't have to do that.  Not sure what happened to you there.  I got my Steam account linked up and started the transfer process but felt kinda sad about my PS4 characters being gone (apparently they stay there in the background).  I wish I could just mix them together. :rotfl:  Give me the history from console and keep all my levels and equipment on the thing. :lurk:

Anyway I did it though.  Don't own Forsaken on PS4 though. :rotfl:

7 hours ago, webhead said:

You don't have to do that.  I didn't have to do that. 

The continue button didn't become clickable until I did exactly that, so :shrug:

I made sure to turn off my adblocker so maybe that played some part.  That or they fixed it since then.

vfUb5dW.jpg

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter, as I got it figured out. Just a minor annoyance.

Did it but unless forsaken is given out for free i am still not gonna bother (40 for an xpac a year old? Fuck that)

Bro.  We've been through this.  You just don't get the story.  Are you going to replay the story for Forsaken?  No.  No one is going to do that. :rotfl:

You know what else you don't get? Forsaken loot. 

Meaning I am SOL til the new xpac. Why bother til then?

You get loot at the current level and just not exotic quests afaik.  Also I didn't say you had to play before the new xpac lol.  You just never need to buy Forsaken. :lol: