Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
webhead

Destiny 2

Something that people at PAX noticed, Titan's class ability, the Rally Barricade (the half size one specifically) will no longer automatically reload weapons. It just increases the reload speed.

Do not like.

Wait year 2 pass what is that?  Is that the annual pass or something else?

If I am reading that right they are screwing over new pc players a bit. As they can't get forsaken for cheap until it releases at the end of the month, but that prevents them from getting the bonus. It's not a big thing, but kinda strange as the whole point is bring in newer players (or peeps like me looking to transition to pc)

It's not a "Get it free on this day or else" kind of thing. Just from that date forward, if you have Forsaken, the Year 2 DLC will be free (ie: It's basically part of the full purchase from that point on and not a separate add on). So if you bought Forsaken on Steam when it's available on Oct. 1st (which will still be discounted), you would still get the Year 2 DLC with it for free.

That's not how I read it but if that's how it is then all's good with me. 

It was a little vague, but they clarified in the comments on the tweet pretty quickly. 

• Like 1

This Week At Bungie

Seems like they're going to finally start balancing weapons differently between PvE and PvP.

PYLjhkr.jpg

Pre-loading is available on Steam now. Also this

Preloading now.  Said fuck it and just preordered.  I'll want to play. :P

My Titan's currently at 865. The raid got unlocked today and the recommended power for that is 940, I believe.

Just a tad bit off eh? :rotfl:

Just a smidge.

Got to 895 tonight. :thumbs:

Just finished the campaign (I think?) and hit 902.

904 now.  Don't think that was completely the end but I'm not sure tbh.

Cheesed my way to the first raid chest, but unfortunately from what I understand it only drops raid armor mods not actual raid weapons/armor pieces. At least it's easy enough to get to.

@Shade Aurion

You gotta play with us some time!  You never respond to me on Steam, you shite! :P

55 minutes ago, webhead said:

@Shade Aurion

You gotta play with us some time!  You never respond to me on Steam, you shite! :P

That's because im always set to offline or invisible 😛
I'm down to play with you guys though. I miss you mofos ❤️

MT and I often play around 8 or 9pm AZ time (after my kid goes to bed) and sometimes at like 2 or 3pm. :thumbs:

Nick plays randomly during those times too sometimes.

• Like 1

There is a Discord box on the portal.  Bottom right.

• Like 1

The text for the three strike powerful reward thing is wrong. It says something about completing Vanguard bounties, but I completed both weekly and daily Vanguard bounties and got nothing from it. Turns out it's just that you have to run those strikes as the same subclass as the burn. -_-

Yeah it used to be you had to be the same subclass as your team mates, now they make it the same as the burn.  Ugh.

I'm well aware of that, but that's not the point of what I said. :P

Oh the text actually DID say that.  Did they somehow fuck it up in a patch?

Hit 951 just now :shiny: 

4 hours ago, webhead said:

Oh the text actually DID say that. 

FpALZL0.jpg

I also got this exotic sword from hitting level 60 for the season. It can shoot void projectiles, kinda like the Dawnblade super.

I meant it DID as in it previously said that and now it's broken.

Also I think I have that sword. :O

951?! MT you savage!
I'm only 941. Speaking of seasons, I need to get on that. I want the titan armor ornaments. Wings ftw!

Hit 948 last night.  Might be able to go higher. :nod:

THERE'S A SHORYUKEN, OMG

:mosh: 

Well fuck...I was kinda meh on playing the new season but that honestly looks kind of fucking cool.  Lol.

Bungie tried their hand at a live event today, and it was a pretty massive failure. All messaging leading up to today said to be in the tower at reset for something to happen. I got there about 5 minutes before reset and stood in one spot for over an hour. Basically the ship the Cabal used in the main Destiny 2 story is on a collision course with Earth, and Rasputin is gonna shoot it out of the sky. So, for the first half hour or so, nothing really happened. At some point (i'm not exactly when) red lines appeared in the sky, which is supposed to be Rasputin firing. They slowly creep closer for about an hour, and then shit finally starts happening. So for literally an hour and a half after the event was supposed to start did anything remotely interesting happen. I gave up around 11:15 (an hour and 15 minutes after reset) and just watched a stream instead. 

So the ship blows up, a huge chunk of it flies towards Earth but misses the Tower, no idea where it actually landed. There was a big explosion, stuff was on fire off in the distance, and there was one decently sized chunk taken out of the Tower. You inspect it and get an emblem (OH BOY!) and then some speech from both Zavala and Ana. 

I feel like someone set the speed of the event down to 0.25x speed or something because good god was it fucking sloowwwwwwww.

It seemed like a step in the right direction if they want to have those sort of... live event kind of things happen. But yeah, it was definitely took way too long. I was just watching a stream of it happening, and it took way too long. It seemed like it might have "started" late because there was some kind of grace period for people to get to the Tower. But they announced when people needed to get there.

If they want to keep doing stuff like this, which is a good idea, I think, hopefully they won't have them go so slowly.

This basically teases the next expansion coming in September, shows the names of the next two expansions after that, and they talk about the season that starts today.  The most interesting stuff to me was that they're going to start bringing back Destiny 1 content in some way. They're bringing back the Cosmodrome from D1 and at some point Vault of Glass too.  There's a bunch more stuff I haven't looked into yet, but they go into more detail here.

Removing like half the game to add more content.  Great move Bungie.  Really getting me excited. :uhoh: 

Oh no, I can't go to Mercury again, whatever will I do?

Holy shit. They're actually using the Exo-Stranger again? It only took them 6 fucking years. I wonder if she has time to explain now? >_>

11 hours ago, MT said:

Oh no, I can't go to Mercury again, whatever will I do?

Mercury and Io?  Meh

Mars and Titan?  Kind of a bigger deal.

8 hours ago, Mera'din said:

Holy shit. They're actually using the Exo-Stranger again? It only took them 6 fucking years. I wonder if she has time to explain now? >_>

Yeah that I was surprised by.  Especially since they said they were done with her. :rotfl:  That's definitely intriguing from a story perspective...and all this using Darkness stuff is interesting too.  I'm still not pre-ordering shit though.  Definitely a wait and see for me.  I want it to be good....usually the expansions are...but the seasonal content has been so underwhelming that it's hard to want to invest anything in the game.

Saw a little bit more about what they're doing and I'm honestly mad. It sounds like EXACTLY what I theorized/hoping was going to be done at the beginning of Destiny 2.

IE: Exo-Stranger comes back and is like "U NEED DIS" and boom. New elemental option for each class. Would have made a lot more sense to do this when the core story in 2 was all about "FUCK YOU AND YOUR LIGHT. IT'S MINE NOW". But whatever I guess. Maybe this will be cool. If I find the time to actually play through the like year worth of stuff I haven't even looked at yet, maybe I'll check it out.

Not keen on them "vaulting" content though like they're fucking Disney or something though and their excuse for it is paper fucking thin like usual. MMOs exist and don't seem to need to disable content to keep their game stable even after 10+ years of added content. FIgure it out you jackasses.

11 hours ago, Mera'din said:

Saw a little bit more about what they're doing and I'm honestly mad. It sounds like EXACTLY what I theorized/hoping was going to be done at the beginning of Destiny 2.

IE: Exo-Stranger comes back and is like "U NEED DIS" and boom. New elemental option for each class. Would have made a lot more sense to do this when the core story in 2 was all about "FUCK YOU AND YOUR LIGHT. IT'S MINE NOW". But whatever I guess. Maybe this will be cool. If I find the time to actually play through the like year worth of stuff I haven't even looked at yet, maybe I'll check it out.

Not keen on them "vaulting" content though like they're fucking Disney or something though and their excuse for it is paper fucking thin like usual. MMOs exist and don't seem to need to disable content to keep their game stable even after 10+ years of added content. FIgure it out you jackasses.

Lowest amount of effort possible is the name of the game at Bungie.  That's what we're seeing right in front of our faces.  I'm definitely not pre-ordering this and we'll see if I ever play again. :P

I haven't picked it up once since the last expansion.  Didn't buy the seasonal pack (glad I didn't too).  Nothing has been missed so far.

I'll probably end up buying the expansion, as usually they're not all that bad. Definitely won't get the season pass though.