Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Garlic Junior

Roll Call

Don't know if web is planning to make a Fresh Meat forum, but in the meantime lets have a topic to reconnect.

Who are you in 2019? What's your likes? Dislikes?

• Like 1

CyrusOccult is retired on the forum. I'm Deimos now.

• Like 1
  • Shiny 1

I think Member number 6 is the best I've done in any iteration of this forum. Yay for that.

• Like 1
  • ROFL 1

3JeCGRU.jpg

Things I'm into right now: Betting on soccer, Reading the A Song Of Ice And Fire books, playing Fantasy Baseball, playing Rocket League on Rumble settings.

Make Fresh Meat topics guys! :D

I just want love :sad:

3 hours ago, Garlic Junior said:

Things I'm into right now: Betting on soccer, Reading the A Song Of Ice And Fire books, playing Fantasy Baseball, playing Rocket League on Rumble settings.

Where are you at in Song of Ice and Fire?  I finished Storm of Swords like a year ago and I'm struggling to start Feast for Crows.  I've heard the 4th book isn't very good. :(

16 hours ago, Nairn Smoith said:

Where are you at in Song of Ice and Fire?  I finished Storm of Swords like a year ago and I'm struggling to start Feast for Crows.  I've heard the 4th book isn't very good. :(

I'm something like a third of the way through Dance With Dragons. Finding it better than Feast For Crows so far tbh. I basically powered through them in one sweep but stopped just before coming to America, so all the books have kinda blended together a bit.

I would rather here your take on vidya than hear about spiders bigger than my head... 

• Like 2

I second that opinion.  Emphatically.

• Like 2

Sadly unmentionable politics that are banned here are more of a problem than spiders. It's not like on TV. If I walked in any direction for 5 hours it would still be an urban jungle like any other city and I wouldn't see a hint of wild life. That said if I visited my friends place in the mountains where I grew up.. Yeah the ceiling is just coated in thick webs that spiders dangle from enmass in the early hours of the night, snakes are eaten by spiders and spiders bigger then my out of proportion monkey hands aren't uncommon. 

City life ftw

This country needs to be nuked. Being tropical Arizona climate isn't enough to burn it off the face of the planet. 

59 minutes ago, Galeigh said:

I would rather here your take on vidya than hear about spiders bigger than my head... 

Here hear!

On 3/23/2019 at 11:31 AM, Shade Aurion said:

This country needs to be nuked. Being tropical Arizona climate isn't enough to burn it off the face of the planet. 

Can we put all the non-will fucking kill you animals on an ark first before that? I don't want kangaroos to be extinct thanks

I mean... given half a chance Kangaroos would probably ruin your day as well

• Like 1

They look so friendly but man, I have heard some SHIT.

I would sooner see a Koala rip my face off vs a Kangaroo beat my face with it's tail/feet. But I would still save both and fuck dem spiders we got enough here thanks

Kangaroos will disembowel a person. They can also grow like 6 foot tall with the largest red kangaroo growing to nearly 7 foot. Marsupials seem cute but their fur is the consistency of road kill and they are all vicious. There is an old Australian urban myth about koalas. Most Australians will know this myth in which koalas are called "Drop Bears" and it's based on something of a one-off incident where a koala dropped out of a tree and used its double thumbed razor claws to tear a dudes face off killing him.  As children there are classes masked as teaching kids about animals but let's be real, it's survival class. No 5 year old needs a yearly Bear Grylls style class into how best to fend off animals, where they are found, how to eat them if you need to or how to tell if something is venomous by looking at its asshole (btw, non-venomous snakes belly scales double up and split after their anal flap which is called a cloaca >_> )
Australia is better off in the history books. It's probably not even real. I'm probably an A.I.

Look up "Cassowary", look at what evolution has done to the velociraptor and understand what you're looking at is highly dangerous. Then light the match and burn this place down (srs, use napalm)

• Like 1
  • ROFL 4

I'm Web's cousin. Pharm Tech - Call Center Team Lead. Never been on a community forum before. I was a member of the Center Network's forum, but I wasn't active.

I like shonen animes primarily, but I'm branching out. Dungeons and Dragons (looking into Roll20 and open to joining a group). Destiny 2. Pokemon Go (Mystic). 

Dislikes - bills, stuff in my house breaking, negative A-Holes :D

• Like 7
  • Shiny 1

Hey dude, I remember playing Destiny 1 a few times with you back in the day. Welcome back! and..

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF TOMORROW!!

• Shiny 1

1 minute ago, Shade Aurion said:

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF TOMORROW!!

This is making my eyes go nuts lol 

• Like 1

Yo Wab's cuzzzzzzzzzz

• Like 1

Hope you like it here.  It's nice to be part of a community. :)

• Like 1

Just don't go selling drugs to the community.

does pot count? or edibles?

Might be legal here soon, who knows? :shrug:

Not like it matters to me, edibles have no effect on me and I hate smoking. (Vaping was not my friend)

More people need to see Black Dynamite... :lurk:

• Like 1

I'm late to this party but I saw cassowaries at the zoo once, and they are straight up terrifying murder birds. Definite Jurassic Park feels.

• Like 6

Yeah for many reasons, including "topic that shall not be named" Australia is on my "Do not Enter" list. I mean....y'all can still come over here, though. ;)

Still Deszae, as that's my blanket online name for the time being. I forgot to mention that I've been getting in shape and lost over 30 lbs so far and is very close to my goal weight. Unfortunately, all the physical work has not been too kind and I have constant sciatica. It's why I'm looking for more "office job" stuff to do currently. Still playin' games (I love mah pokemon and now anything Team Cherry does) and I'm working on getting an art space setup. Maaaybe getting another cat/dog in the future idk.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Shade Aurion said:

Kangaroos will disembowel a person. They can also grow like 6 foot tall with the largest red kangaroo growing to nearly 7 foot. Marsupials seem cute but their fur is the consistency of road kill and they are all vicious. There is an old Australian urban myth about koalas. Most Australians will know this myth in which koalas are called "Drop Bears" and it's based on something of a one-off incident where a koala dropped out of a tree and used its double thumbed razor claws to tear a dudes face off killing him.  As children there are classes masked as teaching kids about animals but let's be real, it's survival class. No 5 year old needs a yearly Bear Grylls style class into how best to fend off animals, where they are found, how to eat them if you need to or how to tell if something is venomous by looking at its asshole (btw, non-venomous snakes belly scales double up and split after their anal flap which is called a cloaca >_> )
Australia is better off in the history books. It's probably not even real. I'm probably an A.I.

Look up "Cassowary", look at what evolution has done to the velociraptor and understand what you're looking at is highly dangerous. Then light the match and burn this place down (srs, use napalm)

This is my favorite Shade post of all time. Seriously a work of art.

2 hours ago, webhead said:

Hope you like it here.  It's nice to be part of a community. :)

This is our 19th year of existence... Amazing!

• Like 2
  • ROFL 1

Look, Australia has death animals sure but they aren't even on my list of reasons Australia sucks.

Here's the top 3:
- The heat
- Shit internet

- People

Since I live in an air-conditioned apartment that I rarely leave and have finally gotten decent internet rivaling America's my list of reasons this place sucks is mostly invalidated unless I think longer than 3 seconds and realise I could write an endless list. As I said earlier though, I could walk any direction for 5 hours and still be in the city. Australia is a progressive and modern nation and like any other countries, only once you drive outside of the city or town or as garbage australian white trash would say "out into the bloody sticks" THAT is when you will encounter the murder brigade of animals surrounding all human settlements that have evolved over thousands of years specifically to kill everyone and everything and really, if you see any of these asshole creatures, you should thank them because for their service because for every human they kill, that's one less person in the overpopulation problem. These fuck stain creatures dressed as adorable huggable foreign creatures are earth's antibodies and those bodies they wish to kill are human bodies, make no mistake. Whether they're furry, scaley or feathery, they are the planets white blood cells and we're the virus.

Even with the shirt storm of death outside of civilization, I still don't have to worry about being shot, stabbed, mugged or really about much crime. In general, the crime rate is quite low. I assume you guys saw NZ flipping their shit over the Christchurch (gee I wonder if that town was founded by christians) terrorist attack? Well, the reason people flipped their shit is because that sort of thing is unprecedented. No school shootings every month. Not once a year. Not once every 5. Unprecedented. And the second it happened the problem was addressed. Australia and New Zealand are very similar except that they talk even more like garbage than we do. Kinda like America and Canada. Or England and Scotland. Or scots and other scots!

So while I appreciate the offer (And I do, I just enjoy being a cynical PoS) until America gets its shit together, by which I mean chills out a bit as these last 2 years have made it look like the least inviting and most divisive place in the western world, i'd rather go to a nice Norse country and enjoy the cold, countryside void of lurking ultra death and know that the government doesn't exist solely as a detriment, just mostly.  Or really anywhere that isn't a hassle where beers aren't $5+ each or i'm immediately be engulfed in flames the second I walk into the sun. Finland looks pretty sweet though TBH. America is as scary to me as i'm sure this fear factory country is to all of you.

That said, again, wipe Australia off the face of the planet. Shoot it into space, or at least use an eraser on the world map, cut off internet here and pretend like it never existed. Perhaps then, we might come to the same conclusion and animal kind will win, mankind will win and Earth will win and can survive another year or 12.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nairn Smoith said:

This is our 19th year of existence... Amazing!

Good god, now I feel old

Forum is old enough to smoke.  2 more years it can drink. :rotfl:

• ROFL 1

in 2 years we must have a Massive drunk topic then :lurk:

• ROFL 1

That's pretty much all the Center is for Kanji half the time. :rotfl:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, webhead said:

Forum is old enough to smoke.  2 more years it can drink. :rotfl:

In Oz, its been drinking for a year already and been able to legally hire a prostitute ?

• ROFL 1

3 hours ago, webhead said:

Forum is old enough to smoke.

Not old enough for nicotine patches tho

2 hours ago, Galeigh said:

in 2 years we must have a Massive drunk topic then :lurk:

Long as it doesn't turn into a Massive Dank topic please

• Like 1

Yeah we'll avoid that. :P

24 minutes ago, Downshift said:

Not old enough for nicotine patches tho

Isn't the age for that the same as smoking?  Did I miss something?

24 minutes ago, Tassifox said:

Long as it doesn't turn into a Massive Dank topic please

Dank is dead, we are all better for it. 

• Like 2