Old School Forum
Vic Boss

WWE General

Fucking hope so, shit's gone on way too long.

Apparently the contracts state that they own your gimmick/name while you work for them. So even an AJ Styles or a Keith Lee, or Asuka with Kana, it's all temporarily owned by WWE.

Just saw they gave Aleister Black a new theme on Raw tonight. :nono: 

• Sad 1

Ahh I miss the blissful days of 2012 when the worst thing that Del Rio was associated with was turning heel one week into a babyface run so he could run over Santa Claus.

This really bums me the fuck out, since I was a fan of Bobby Fish. Apparently he believes in QAnon.

The Roman Reigns tribal-chief stuff and the feud with Jey Uso has been really good the last few months. It's about the only thing I regularly watch while fast-forwarding through SDL

• Like 1

Sasha v Bayley was good, fantastic feud with excellent character work from both. Payoff was as brutal as it could have been without juice. A few of their ideas for spots didn't really work in execution but there was a lot of originality in that match. I dug it.

Sasha worries me whenever she's in big gimmick matches. She's a) willing to take horrific bumps and b) so good at selling bumps anyways that everything in those matches looks like it kills her. That one bump on the stairs nearly had Cole say "Holy shit" on air but he just managed to catch himself.

• Like 1

Zelina got future endeavor'd, presumably from not wanting to give up her streaming. I honestly don't see Aleister Black sticking around much after this.

She was one of the louder voices touting union stuff when the Twitch stuff originally went down.

Sure gonna be interesting if Andrew Yang is actually gonna back up the things he's been talking about when it comes to wrestlers and being independent contractors.

Finding out that Drake Wuertz supports Joey Ryan (as if him being a QAnon stooge isn't bad enough), and that Nia Jax is a Covid denier. Good times.

Drake's the most unexpected one to me. A deathmatch wrestler who went through plate glass windows and light tubes is heavily religious? Never would've placed it.

11 hours ago, MT said:

Nia Jax is a Covid denier.

Boy it's bad enough she injures just about everyone she wrestles...

He's maybe one of the most important behind-the-scenes people of the modern era.

I really wish the San Francisco territory taped their wrestling too, apparently Patterson and Ray Stevens were far and away the best tag team before the 1980s hit

• Like 1

😢

There's reports that Vince freaked out that a bunch of the current big guys don't know how to wrestle to his liking so they were sent back to the performance center for more developmental classes.

One of those guys is reportedly Keith Lee.

We needa dust off the "Please Retire" chant and bombard Vince with it 24/7

• Like 1

ELTtftp.jpg

WWE announced that Drew tested positive for Covid.

Saw that Shinsuke may be a face now, they gave him the old music back and are referring him to the King of Strong Style again. Too bad there won't be any crowds to sing along with it now.

Just found out they got rid of Lars Sullivan last month.

Can't say he'll be missed.

:rotfl:

YJ5eYDm.jpg

• ROFL 1

I'm not gonna lie, I was impressed by Bad Bunny's Canadian Destroyer.

• Shiny 1

WRESTLEMANIA NIGHT ONE

Spoiler

Sasha and Bianca having an absolute banger in the main event of WrestleMania as the first two black wrestlers to do so.  Shit was spot on and I'm over the moon with joy for both of them.

Sasha helped make Bianca looked like a real star, and Bianca fucking yanked that torch out of her hands.

Rest of the night was pretty good, too, other than the wrong team winning the tag gauntlet.

• Shiny 1

MAN, Mania Night 1 was good as fuck. Splitting Mania into two nights is definitely the way to go, a 3 hour show is compact and the fan buzz doesn't die halfway through (goddamn were those fans jazzed to be there even after the storm delay)

I heard most of night 2 was a shitshow, as was tonight's Raw. I didn't bother to watch anything outside of Cesaro/Rollins, only because I heard who won and wanted to hear/see the reaction he got from fans.

Also, hearing Hogan get booed was awesome.

Fuck the Hulk Hogan forever.[/sheikie baby] 

I wouldn't quite call Night 2 a shitshow as a whole, but it definitely started on the wrong foot and didn't hold a candle to Night 1.

Spoiler

Sheamus/Riddle was somewhat surprisingly the match of the night for me.  I've always been a fan of Sheamus because the dude can deliver in the ring, but I feel this is the first time he really got to do it at WrestleMania.  Great work from both.

I also really enjoyed the main event, and was cool with Reigns continuing his run.  Owens/Zayn and Big E/Crews were both really good, too, but victims of not quite enough time.  Asuka/Ripley could have maybe served better if they either had a few minutes to go after where they finished or didn't have a slow start considering the time frame.  But it was still a great finishing stretch, and I'm happy for Rhea.

Whatever they did with The Fiend was dumb, though.  Despite people questioning the storylines, the crowd was eating the act up...so they have Wyatt lose again to Orton and continue his streak of no actual success at WrestleMania.  I guess I'm kind of curious to see what happens between Bliss and Wyatt after this and if it's at all justified, but it feels like maybe they could have had Fiend win here and then do some shit tonight on RAW.

Lots of releases 

Samoa Joe, Billie Kay, Peyton Royce, Mickie James, Chelsea Green, Tucker, Kalisto, Mojo Rawley, Bo Dallas and Wesley Blake

Man, outside of NXT they really fucked up by not using Joe more often. Dude can go in the ring and was a great promo. I know he was a bit injury prone, but anywhere else would be super lucky to have him.

>tfw might get Samoa Joe back :jumboshiny:

I think Mojo Rawley might be a sleeper pickup. Wasn't great in the ring from what I saw but his unscripted promos were really great

Was such a good idea for WWE to breakup the Iiconics and Heavy Machinery huh? 

:rotfl: 

They rehired Eva Marie.

This company has fucking lost it.

• Like 1

Hearing rumors they got rid of Drake Wuertz.

nAlFaO9.jpg

For anyone who might not know, he fell down a QAnon hole and has lost his mind.

• Like 1

A bunch more people got let go

• Aleister Black
  • Ruby Riott
  • Buddy Murphy
  • Lana
  • Santana Garrett
  • Braun Strowman

Seeing as how badly the WWE seemed to mismanage most of those people since coming to main roster it's not a huge shock, but fucking Braun? Who the hell did he piss off? I'm beyond bummed that Aleister got let go, as I fucking love the dude, but any company that gets him will be super lucky to have him. Ruby too. 

11 minutes ago, MT said:

A bunch more people got let go

• Aleister Black
  • Ruby Riott
  • Buddy Murphy
  • Lana
  • Santana Garrett
  • Braun Strowman

Seeing as how badly the WWE seemed to mismanage most of those people since coming to main roster it's not a huge shock, but fucking Braun? Who the hell did he piss off? I'm beyond bummed that Aleister got let go, as I fucking love the dude, but any company that gets him will be super lucky to have him. Ruby too. 

Weird, Black just returned to Smackdown to cost Big E and Braun was literally just in the main even of a PPV. 

Thinking Vince might be trying to sell the company? Maybe to NBC? 

That's the rumor I keep hearing, not necessarily to NBC though.

Conspiracy Theory: Braun is one of Mark Henry's guys, I bet he asked for his release so he can go to AEW

54 minutes ago, Eizan said:

Thinking Vince might be trying to sell the company? Maybe to NBC?

I listen to Cornette's podcast semi-regularly, and his host is a guy who works in financial shit and that's what he thinks Nick Khan's job in WWE is to facilitate. Record profits, trim down the number of employees (cut a lot of wrestlers recently and laid off a few departments), and Nick bought a mansion in California recently when WWE's been based out of Connecticut forever.

It's taken Vince a long time but he's nearly ascended to becoming WCW

So Big Dave's speculation is that AEW's no longer growing in the prime demo and WWE staunched their own pandemic ratings problems with the Thunderdome so they're not slightly worried they're gonna lose spot at the top anymore (I think even if they did, the 60 year-old eastern seaboard name-brand and the 40 year old national name brand are too strong for that to even register), and WWE also recognizes that AEW has a foothold in the business now and there's nothing WWE can do about it, so they've changed back to business-as-usual form. Releasing wrestlers that could be useful to AEW to keep the profit-margins in line for when they go back on the road is a big sign of that.

I'm happy as fuck if that means the old days of WWE churn are back

I'm hearing that HHH went out and re-hired Samoa Joe for an NXT role. 😮

• Sad 1