Old School Forum
Vic Boss

WWE General

Huge cuts coming soon, apparently will be sent out by text message. -_-

Edit: The first round has already started

"WWE has come to terms on the release of Drake Maverick (James Curtin), Curt Hawkins (Brian Myers), Karl Anderson (Chad Allegra), Luke Gallows (Drew Hankinson), Heath Slater (Heath Miller), Eric Young (Jeremy Fritz), EC3 (Michael Hutter) and Lio Rush (Lionel Green).

2nd Edit: Aiden English and Kurt Angle are gone now too.

Maria Kanellis, Mike Chioda, Mike Kanellis, No Way Jose, Primo, Erick Rowan, Sarah Logan, and Zack Ryder are now gone as well.

As for non-wrestlers, Billy Kidman, Dave Finlay, Lance Storm, Mike Rotunda, Pat Buck, Sarah Stock, Scott Armstrong, Shane Helms, and Shawn Daivari are gone. I've heard Lance Storm closed his wrestling school when he got the WWE job, too. I'm also hearing that WWE still stands to make a profit this year, so the cuts aren't really all that necessary. This is incredibly upsetting.

Edit: Rusev's gone now too.

Guns and Gallows, EC3 and Rusev are finally fucking free, oh my god :')

Shitty timing (and WWE obviously being corporate con-man about it as per usual), but so many of those people needed to get the fuck out of WWE as fast as possible to save their careers. Rusev especially should be and will be a main event guy anywhere else.

As far as I understand it, Lance didn't close his school to take a WWE job so much as he always said he was going to close his school when his body couldn't take it anymore and/or his daughter was out of the house, which she is now, and the WWE job came up when he was doing shit in Impact. He'll probably wind up back in Impact behind the scenes whenever they get around to holding shows again if this isn't just temporary cost-cutting (I could see WWE re-hiring some of those people back when things are back to normal)

Aw man. I just heard the first ep of Talk'N'Shop the other night, Guns and Gallows mentioned that Fink wasn't doing too well (Gallows would do a regular Fink impression and razzle Karl Anderson with it) :(

The MITB corporate ladder match sounds interesting. Shame I won't watch it because fuck that shitty company and their lack of care.

Fuck 'em.

(Fale voice) FUCK EM!

Pirate or watch on DVR/PVR, then you can still watch their shit but not actually support them ;)

(I'm definitely down for Bray vs Braun)

• Like 2

Well, this doesn't look good for Velveteen Dream

I saw a tweet from his account earlier saying he was hacked, but that sure sounds an awful lot like his voice. 

• Sad 1

So, he's human garbage.

Drew Gulak has been released

Edit: Sounds like his contract was up, and they hadn't yet re-negotiated.

This Undertaker Last Ride docu-series is really good

• Like 1

I just found out that Ric Flair is 10 years older than Arn Anderson. What the fuck?

On 5/25/2020 at 7:11 AM, Vic Boss said:

This Undertaker Last Ride docu-series is really good

It is both Amazing and also surreal seeing Mark and Michelle being normal people

• Like 1

Heyman's out of Raw creative for Bruce Pritchard :sick:

That women's tag team triple threat was great

But did the director have like 70 coffees or something? Holy shit the amount of cuts was unbearable

Back to gladly not watching WWE

I think someone posted on reddit that one superplex spot had like 26 different cuts

9 hours ago, Vic Boss said:

I think someone posted on reddit that one superplex spot had like 26 different cuts

10. I saw a gif of it, it was ridiculous.

• Like 1

Wuh oh, a developmental talent (possibly someone in their stand-in crowds) tested positive for Corona. WWE has only been temperature-testing people and not wearing masks.

Last episode of this Taker docu is fantastic. The twists and turns, actually paying for Metallica (I think they used a cover/soundalike for Mania?), seeing Luke Gallows pulls his Konnan-in-the-nWo and sticking close to AJ in the background so he's going to show up in every shot of every important promo of these events even though he no longer works for them (the best part is he didn't smarten up Brother Karl so you barely ever see him 🤣 ). Great shit

• ROFL 1

I'm surprised they didn't name Gallows he did such a great job of that.

It was great, but Taker didn't slam the door shut the way people are making out he did. I fully expect he'll come back next year, cinematic Taker v Sting to save falling Mania buyrates during Corona 5.0

They replayed the Boneyard in full on SDL this week to cover for the lack of content because "Oops we infected our roster", so we had The Good Brothers on TV weeks after they'd been fired :lol:

Not the original one, but reddit's been going Garfield Minus Garfield with Adam Cole matches, clipping out his opponents and making it look like he's wrestling himself and/or having a nervous breakdown by himself in the ring

I dunno, she's talented enough that she could get a better job working outside of wrestling.  Guess it depends how close she wants to be to Mox.

Watched NXT for the first time in I don't know how long, but after watching AEW week after week, the god awful production of WWE stuff is even more apparent. So many camera cuts, I was actually feeling a bit sick at one point.

Also, fuck Dream going over Balor.

I'm somewhat interested in the NXT main event, and Orton vs Drew (that Flair angle was a really good) but there's a bit too much happening this weekend so I might skip'em all.

I wonder, at what point does a smark crowd start a "pedo" chant at Dream? Either in the Thunderdome over Zoom or whenever crowds are let back in (which is like probably tomorrow because America sure wants to pretend this thing isn't real). Surely the fanbase isn't going to let them get away with this one?

Also: I love Raw Underground. It's a combination of what I wish UFC was (I want soccer kicks and skyscraper knees and action all the time and not stalling, dammit) and corny-ass mid '90s WWF. I love shoot style wrestling, it makes simple shit look badass again (also makes the shit that happens in the main ring away from it look really bad tho, and it's hard to take seriously when Antifa and Ninjas are also running around causing chaos and Antifa are supposed to be scary but the Ninjas are supposed to be jokes but they're dressed the same but somehow Cole and Graves immediately know which is which and don't just do the logical thing and bolt whenever either of them show, also Antifa vs Samoa Joe in Raw Underground would be a big money match-up and should probably be main-eventing Summerslam and I don't know why they didn't book it) and want more of it, or a dedicated hour of it and not this switching back-and-forth.

Anything from SummerSlam completely worth skipping?

Edit: I just watched Asuka's matches, can't say I care for the others.

Also, when during Takeover did the tag match happen? Was it on the kickoff? 

:bawling:

Edit: 

4siYB49.jpg

New Japan plz

(Brock might be a free agent right now too)

NXT could move to another night.

I'm totally ok with this. Only reason I've been watching NXT these last few weeks is because it hasn't been on the same day as AEW.

• Like 1

Brian Alvarez reporting YouTube is included.

So, no more KanaChan? UUDD to become a failed WWE product like Botch Club?

Apparently UUDD is owned by WWE so that one's fine.

I saw some talk about how it's mostly about using their WWE names while promoting outside things, but WWE is also claiming to own their real names too (which is technically illegal)

Ye, it's a mega-corporation banking on the idea that they can sue any of their wrestlers into the ground and for the most part the mainstream doesn't pay attention to wrestling so they fly under the radar.

Apparently Andrew Yang knows what's up and more or less said if Biden wins, if he's not the Secretary of Labour he'll have that person's phone number and something might get done about it