Old School Forum
Vic Boss

WWE General

Bray Wyatt was the highlight for me. When I realized what was happening, I said to my sister "Mick won't be able to bend over backwards to do the Sister Abigail... I hope he does the Mandible Claw" and then he fucking did it an I popped like a motherfucker

Wow, they actually made me watch a Dolph Ziggler segment on SDL

So Xavier and Big E were on commentary for the first hour of SD. (Byron's dad died a couple days ago and Corey is apparently filming a movie?) 

Needless to say, it was pretty amazing :rotfl:

Also, Isiah "Swerve" Scott (Shane Strickland) and Gulak had a pretty damn fantastic match on 205 Live. :nod: 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Blackjak said:

Also, Isiah "Swerve" Scott (Shane Strickland) and Gulak had a pretty damn fantastic match on 205 Live. :nod: 

Just came here to say exactly that :nod:

Mother fuck, that was an awesome Raw.

Happy for Dolph Ziggler too

He finally got to live out his dream of being Shawn Michaels

SDL was pretty solid. I legit fucking lol'ed at that ending

Genius

On 7/30/2019 at 10:27 PM, Death Rider Mox said:

I legit fucking lol'ed at that ending

Yeah, that ending was hilariously bad. But everything else on TV was pretty good this week. 

I actually found NXT and UK pretty lackluster this week compared to the main product. I don't think that's ever happened since I started watching again.

Another pretty good Raw and a good build-up for Summerslam

- Who keeps trying to murder Reigns :rotfl:

- DAT FIEND

- That was the right pick to make the Women's Tags relevant again

- I can dig Dolph getting squashed by Goldberg

• Like 1

Do they have Ryan Ward doing SDL again or is Paul?

That show was snappy as fuck, didn't dwell too long on any match or storyline, got across what it needed to. This is the formula WWE needs :nod:

Fucking Dolph Ziggler again. After killing him Raw, they have him take out Rey, a legend, and then win a quick match against Ali to show that hey, he can actually do some shit and may have a chance against Gold- SPEAR JACKHAMMER 1-2-3

Raw was an above-average short-matches show. Did kind of feel like a 2 hour show that had to be stretched to three, but they mostly filled it out with squash matches so it's fine

Roman Reigns and Kenny Omega Buddy Murphy had a banger on SDL :nod:

Fuckinnnnnnn 5 Observer Rewinds left, about  2 weeks unless daprice's job/life interrupts ;_;

Raw's pretty good again.

That fuckinnnn RKO :shiny:

Finish for the last match was pretty awesome too

Really liked the AJ/Braun finish, nice twist on a classic finish

SDL

That fucking Tornado DDT from between the ropes by Ali onto Buddy Murphy :jumboshiny:

• Like 1

Oh shiiiii dat

Bayley turn :shiny:

Really liked that NFL-like instant replay conference they did with the ref after Joe and Ricochet double-pinned each other

• Like 1

Oh also, next week

If the Fiend attacks Austin, I'm gonna lose my shit

• Shiny 1

An interesting article on the WWE Network

WWE wants to include the same free-to-watch videos you’d find on its mobile app as part of WWE Network everywhere, including on TV devices. “Our free content lived separately from our premium subscription content. They were kind of in different places,” Barrios told me, outlining the Network’s upcoming free streaming option. “What’s coming here soon, in weeks and not months, is the beginning of integration of our free content with our paid content. It’ll be one integrated experience, and what content you can access just depends on what level member you are.”

But WWE has bigger ideas for the future, including a step-up premium subscription that could add exclusive content and even add merchandise and ticketing components.

Free: This will offer the same free-to-watch videos you’d normally find on WWE.com. Barrios said WWE might also offer timed previews of paid WWE Network content.

Regular: The standard WWE Network experience, combining free content with subscription benefits like live pay-per-views, on-demand streaming, and original programming.

Premium: “We think there’s also an opportunity to super-serve our most passionate Network subscribers with a premium tier that’ll bring together more content for them, more features for them, and also integrating some of our other non-video services like our commerce — potentially integrating something like free shipping, bringing together our digital ticketing efforts in there. It becomes the one place to experience everything WWE.” Barrios didn’t disclose how much WWE might charge for the premium tier.

They've been talking to every promotion to see if they can lock down PPV or streaming rights for their shit for that Premium tier

Spoiler

The entire Baby Gender Reveal segment (including the matches) was full of hilarious and ridiculous commentary that I can't believe wasn't just a fever dream. 

Corey Graves actually called Mike Kanellis a Beta Cuck on WWE TV. What is this world? :rotfl:

God, I fucking love The Fiend.

Spoiler

God, I fucking love The Fiend Bray Wyatt.  Everything involving him this episode was epic.

Also, Rusev back handsomer than ever and that sweet AOP promo.

All-round, this was a pretty kick-ass RAW.

That AOP promo was good as fuck. Made me think of the twins from Breaking Bad

The King of the Ring Final should've ended about 20 seconds earlier than it did.

18 minutes ago, Death Rider Mox said:

That AOP promo was good as fuck. Made me think of the twins from Breaking Bad

Why they can't do a similar thing for others that don't have English as their first language is beyond me.

8 hours ago, MT said:

Why they can't do a similar thing for others that don't have English as their first language is beyond me.

I'm hoping things like this and Sami playing manager to Shinsuke is a sign of things to come.

Forget Johnny Takeover, what about Johnny WWE?

Former Impact Wrestling Champion John Hennigan has signed a deal to return to World Wrestling Entertainment, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

Source

I was wondering what was up with him, he left Impact some months back and didn't pop up anywhere else.

31 minutes ago, MT said:

Forget Johnny Takeover, what about Johnny WWE?

Source

Ohhhhhh shit!  My boy!

Even though my mancrush subsided on him a while ago, John Morrison was one of my new favs when I got back into wrestling in 2010.  Didn't catch much of his Impact stuff, but I liked what he did as Johnny Mundo in Lucha Underground.

They're really trying to break up Rusev and Lana still, eh?

Smackdown:

Spoiler

I'm so fucking Sports Entertained

Edit: Note - I wrote this before the main event :uhoh:

They're becoming more like WCW with each passing day

WCW was the WWF retirement home, now WWE is the UFC retirement home :uhoh:

Looks like I made the right choice to stop watching main roster WWE. :sigh: 

The first hour and 50 minutes of the show were actually pretty great. Everything had a great energy about it, the new set is excellent, the camera angles weren't all Kevin Dunn-y. 

Yeah, when there was 7 minutes left for the main event, it was pretty apparent that it was going to go the way it did, and that definitely sucks... but don't knock the whole show. 

I will say that ending makes me consider just skipping out on SmackDown and sticking to RAW, NXT and Dynamite.

Spoiler

They did Kofi wrong, man.  We knew he wasn't going to win, but at least give him a few minutes.  Terrible finish to his reign, and for that to be followed up with a Cain Velasquez debut just felt wrong.  I dunno, I hate MMA, and I don't think this means he's even going to be a signed wrestler, so this feels like a shitty trade-off.  This is also on top of the bit with Tyson Fury.

The rest of the show was pretty good.  Loved parts of it.  But I have zero interest in the WWE Title scene.

Still feeling pretty good about my decision 

I'm annoyed by the main event's ending (most of it was awesome) and happy that Nick and I are going to go watch AEW in a couple weeks in Pittsburgh. 

I just realized

The Fiend's Mallet is mocking Hunter's burial sledgehammer