Old School Forum
Vic Boss

WWE General

I don't like where this is going.

Ha, WWE released the Bret Hart/Tom Magee match to head off Starrcast before they did it. Kind of a trash corporate monopoly move, but also cool as fuck that it's finally seeing the light of day

Some of the usual stories (and some new ones) were confirmed on Wade Keller’s Pro Wrestling Post-Show when a close friend of three WWE writers called into his show after Monday Night Raw. It’s very clear that the buck stops with Vince McMahon and it doesn’t look like real change is coming anytime soon.

Here are things said on the podcast by the close friend of three current WWE writers:

– WWE’s problems are not the fault of the writers. “No one should rip on WWE creative. They have some of the most brilliant, unbelievable cool ideas that I’ve ever heard…” He was told, “We’re writing for an audience of one and never forget that [and if not] you’re out of here.”

– “The most frustrated person in the back every single night is Triple H. He’ll always take, especially the NXT guys, under his wing. It looks like he’s consoling them. It looks so much like he was the most frustrated person in the building every single night.”

– The Wild Card Rule was not in the script on the morning of the show.

– The Superstar Shake-Up changed week to week and it didn’t pan out how it was originally laid out months prior. Everything changed because Vince just decided to change it.

– He talked about the turnover with so many backstage people quitting or being fired.

SmackDown and Raw writing teams are the same for both shows. They used to be separate but that changed recently after the Shake-Up.

– The caller emphasized that the problems in WWE are not creative’s fault and Vince McMahon is the one person who deserves the blame.

– Vince wants suggestions from everyone but it never gets on TV. 99 out of 100 times you can come up with an idea for Vince and it won’t be used.

– The entire creative team has pitched to have Raw and SmackDown look completely different with different production, a different way of shooting things, etc. and McMahon shoots it down.

– Vince McMahon doesn’t keep track of what is going on with NXT. He “maybe” watches Takeover shows.

– The writers say he just watches WWE and works out and is not aware of things going on in the real world.

– The writers say there is no chance of Vince stepping down.

– Dana Brooke has been the hardest worker for the last 3 years. She goes to the Performance Center, she shows up early and helps set up the ring and she gets in the ring so she can get better. Creative will pitch something for her and she gets nothing up until recently with MITB.

– The caller offered to tell Wade Keller off the air of some cool storylines that were pitched and never used.

– The writer he talked to said, “we’re all working for Dana Warrior and it’s really awkward.”

– The WWE-Fox contract prohibits Fox from moving the show to FS1 even if the ratings drop.

– One writer is very close to quitting because he is so “unbelievably unhappy” and many of the writers are paranoid and think they are close to being fired.

– “It’s such a toxic atmosphere and it’s all because of one person.”

– When Neville walked out, there was a crazy shouting match and he flipped out on Vince McMahon and that was the last time they saw him. The writers praised Neville for being so easy to work with.

– Ideas never pan out as originally planned because writers will come up with stuff and then Vince loses interest after a week or two. He used Mojo Rawley as an example.

– The money is good and it’s a dream job for many writers but it gets frustrating. The talent is very unhappy and people are trying to get out of their contracts.

– The writers say Bruce Prichard is a pleasure to work with. “He’s a funny guy and a pleasure to work with but he’s not getting through to Vince either.”

– Shane McMahon, Triple H and Stephanie McMahon have tried to talk to Vince but it hasn’t worked.

– The people on the writing staff listens to podcasts and they hear fans bashing them. “It breaks their heart,” he said.

– Vince is in the announcer’s ear “to a sentence” and he gets on them for tiny mistakes.

– On Sami Zayn: “That’s not Sami Zayn’s promos. That’s Vince McMahon talking through Sami Zayn.”

– There are 37 total writers and they are now working on both shows.

– NBCUniversal and FOX both want the top stars.

– Andrade went into Vince’s office and asked for a legit push. Vince looked at him and said, “learn some English and get back to me.” Andrade spoke some English last week and he’s been taking English lessons.

– The Firefly Fun House stuff is all Bray Wyatt’s idea. Bray is described is an “absolute genius” and he helps other wrestlers with their promos.  “He’s one of the best guys in the locker room.”

– The writers he talked to say they loved when there was a real brand split.

– He mentioned The Revival/Usos storyline being done because Vince just thinks its funny.

– Some of the writers think Road Dogg will eventually end up in AEW. (Note: Road Dogg is currently on hiatus and there’s no word on when he will be back or what he would be doing if he returns).[./quote]

Source

– The WWE-Fox contract prohibits Fox from moving the show to FS1 even if the ratings drop. 

YIKES

But yeah. the rest of that is par for the course with Vince. He doesn't think his product is the problem, he thinks he just has to trick us into watching it.

It's nice to hear this from someone in the know instead of just assuming and becoming an echo chamber of jaded wrestling fans.  It makes you feel less crazy for saying things like, "When Vince dies..."

Also hilarious because I always imagined Triple H getting frustrated with the way his stars are handled, so it's great to hear that confirmed.  I can only imagine how reaction to "The Viking Experience".

33 minutes ago, Psycho666Soldier said:

It's nice to hear this from someone in the know instead of just assuming and becoming an echo chamber of jaded wrestling fans.  It makes you feel less crazy for saying things like, "When Vince dies..."

People in the know have been talking about for years, it's just fanboys and people who don't pay attention assuming it's coming from nowhere ?

6 minutes ago, DeJaPon said:

People in the know have been talking about for years, it's just fanboys and people who don't pay attention assuming it's coming from nowhere ?

Yeah, but we mostly hear it from disgruntled ex-employees.  You'd hear a little bit on things like Jericho and Steve Austin's podcast, but usually within some parameter of making him look good, or "he's a genius for a reason" or some shit like that.

Yeah, because if Vince got mad at them, he could restrict them access to their podcasts, just like he's done with Jericho now ?

Also like... the line from EVERYONE in the know, disgruntled or otherwise, is that Vince is 100% in charge, and there's so many stupid things that happen on the show and so many of the same mistakes repeated endlessly (the non-Hollywood looks guy or girl gets over instead of the hand-picked chosen one, steroid muscle-heads getting pushed for their looks alone, blonde women with fake tits getting pushed over other women, black people being used mostly as job guys, Mexican guys being mostly used for racist or racial stuff, [nationality] just playing to their stereotypes, people who don't speak fluent and easily-understood accents to American ears not getting pushed) that I'm not sure how people don't automatically put that at Vince's feet.

Like you said, fanboys.  Like, I'll probably be a WWE junkie for life unless they lose all their interesting talent.  But I'm not gonna pretend like they're not making shit a majority of the time.

Or better yet, a shittier version of what could be.

Just watched the Von Erich Viceland documentary. That shit was amazing (probably even better if you don't know the story)

I was only planning on watching the Gino Hernandez one after this (I'm not all that familiar with him), but I think I'll do two of the others (Bruiser Brody, Savage/Elizabeth). Not really interested in the Montreal Screwjob, that's been done to death.

Just now, Blackjak said:

So we're moving the picks over to here, right? 

I got no interest in the main roster, but NXTs would be aight

Savage/Elizabeth was pretty good too. That's the only one i've watched. I think you have to pay or watch ads if you want to watch more than one, though.

Also I completely stopped watching main roster. I still check the post show threads in reddit but that's it.

I dunno, this shit has gotten pretty bad. I cancelled my subscription to the Network again.

What if I brought in some new blood to help spice up the competition in picks? :lurk:

Will they make the product more interesting to watch? :P

Holy fuck the episode about Gino Hernandez.

2 hours ago, MT said:

Will they make the product more interesting to watch? :P

Couldn't hurt :shrug:

Sorry I haven't been checking in very often. But I'd be down for picks, if someone wants to make the template real quick.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2019 at 11:52 AM, DeJaPon said:

I got no interest in the main roster, but NXTs would be aight

On 5/15/2019 at 11:59 AM, MT said:

Also I completely stopped watching main roster. I still check the post show threads in reddit but that's it.

On 5/15/2019 at 12:49 PM, Eizan said:

I dunno, this shit has gotten pretty bad. I cancelled my subscription to the Network again.

:rotfl: 

You don't need to actually watch to make picks and be successful. 

I did the hard work anyway - 

On 5/15/2019 at 2:04 PM, Psycho666Soldier said:

I mean, I'm down if others are.  I'm still a WWE cuck.

16 hours ago, Nick said:

Sorry I haven't been checking in very often. But I'd be down for picks, if someone wants to make the template real quick.

Good lads :nod: - See above link

Look I haven't been successful since I was watching it regularly...granted that was a long time ago. 

Just heard what happened at the end of the men's MITB match

Good god am I glad I didn't watch.

That's what i'd heard.

That combined with Bayley cashing in and winning the SD title off Charlotte, and THEN the Brock thing happens makes me even more angry. It sounds like they had a decent show going until Brock's dumb ass showed up.

Spoiler

Yeah, it was a weird show. A lot of the matches and moments were pretty good, actually. There were just a lot of weird botches and ref moments that took some away from them, unfortunately. Had everything been cleaner, it would have been a good show up until that final moment.  

This moment in particular was just insane and awesome and I can't stop watching it. 

Spoiler

https://streamja.com/L9GA

And it got a YOWIE WOWIE chant :rotfl:

Jessssssusssss christ that looked brutal on Finn

I skipped both MITBs so my highlight was AJ flipping Seth up from an attempted Curb Stomp into the Styles Clash. Not quite reversing it into an RKO, but almost as fucking cool :shiny:

Damn shame.

Spoiler

This show was mostly good up until that finish.  Loved the Bayley moment(and more than made up for Becky losing), Rollins/Styles was excellent, and the Men's MITB match was great until the finish.  That finish really soured the whole show, though.

Sami name-dropping AEW on Raw :uhoh:

If I recall right, one of the Young Bucks used the Helluva Kick and the Corner Brainbuster at DoN too

I think one of the commentators even said "that was a hell of a kick". 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MT said:

I think one of the commentators even said "that was a hell of a kick". 

Yep, I definitely remember that

Listening to the podcast while I do my route, and want to paraphrase my favorite quite so far.

"He's (Vince) got the Million Dollar Man complex. That's why he pays Brock millions of dollars to ruin his company."

:rotfl:

• Like 1

Guess Mox is still unhappy about Brock not wanting to do a deathmatch at Mania

I admit, I did watch Goldberg/Taker