Old School Forum
Vic Boss

WWE General

Vince sucks and I hate him

But Daniel Bryan is the GOAT so I'm conflicted

(Kofi losing the Gauntlet again was bad booking in my book tbh)

Fuck you, Vince McMahon. You rotten old bastard.

• Like 2

Bryan is absolutely killing his heel promos and the crowd is losing their shit over Kofi. I really think other than the fact that Vince is coming off as a blatant racist*, it's the best version of this there could be.

*probably because he is

• Like 3

Any other choice would be the wrong one :nod:

• Like 1

"It'll be a cold day on the wrong side of the afterlife"

Samoa Joe, making PG sound cool

Did anyone catch how Joe headbutted Kurt like their first encounter in TNA?

• Like 1

I love how Graves cracked himself up with that Whitey Bulger reference. I occasionally worry he doesn't have a barometer for how ridiculous he is, but then stuff like that happens.

---

Holy shit Beth Phoenix

---

Kurt Angle makes me sad :(

---

I love Paul Heyman but I worry about his blood pressure.

Smackdown

Asuka needs to get the fuck away from WWE, they have no clue what the hell they are doing with her.

No, they know exactly what they're doing with her. She's not WWE and can't speak English well enough to overcome that, so she's there to put over the people who are and who can.

It's Vince's M.O. when it comes to non-WWE talent and always has been. It takes a lot to overcome that (AJ Styles)

• Like 1

Fine, they don't know what they SHOULD be doing with her. NXT treated her right, it's not that tough. Besides, the only reason they did it is to give Charlotte a belt going into Wrestlemania. It's not even for a good fucking reason.

I have half a hope that they add Asuka to the match. Becky's a star and Ronda's a star and they want Charlotte to be a star, so someone's gotta take the fall :uhoh:

You shut your damn mouth! :P

Sounds like John Oliver roasted WWE pretty badly over their failure to treat wrestlers as employees, right on

(Though they did leave out that WWE does pay for everyone's rehabs)

:rotfl:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DeJaPon said:

Sounds like John Oliver roasted WWE pretty badly over their failure to treat wrestlers as employees, right on

(Though they did leave out that WWE does pay for everyone's rehabs)

Paying for just rehab isn't enough. It's definitely a step in the right direction, but it's still fucked. 

I just finished watching this episode, and it's definitely worth watching.

8 hours ago, MT said:

:rotfl:

Aight guys, win Kofi the WWE Title, get yourselves fired, then go to AEW and feud with the Young Bucks :lurk:

• Like 1

Strowman makes everything scary. Also helps that he's booked like a giant child anyways

Raw

Well, Raw was going well, until for some reason they thought it'd be a brilliant idea to have The Bar interfere in the Kofi/Seth match. What the actual fuck?

• Like 1

Every time they pull that angle, I fast-forward (or in this case, just turned the show off). You can't waste my time and then give me something lesser to make up for it.

10 hours ago, MT said:

Raw

Hide contents

Well, Raw was going well, until for some reason they thought it'd be a brilliant idea to have The Bar interfere in the Kofi/Seth match. What the actual fuck?

If only it could lead to a Kofi vs Cesaro fued...which it won't. 

See, the whole thing could've easily been avoided if

The Bar had attacked both Seth and Kofi in the beginning. Then there wouldn't have been the "winner take all" promise for the next two and a half hours, and the same goal would've been accomplished without pissing people off. It's amazing to me how they fuck up even the simplest things. They HAD to know that the crowd would've turned. How could anyone be that oblivious?

Man, what a shitty Smackdown.

It's so weird, WWE pretends the time between Mania and Raw is a 4 month offseason like real sports and that they're just starting from the beginning again instead of recognizing they can keep the hype train going off of Mania.

Or maybe they've just gotten lazy and assume "the crowd after" will carry things with wacky chants either way, so they don't have to try all that hard to do anything

Apparently Sasha tried to quit over the weekend and Bayley wants to leave :jumboshiny:

Welp, The War Raiders The Viking Experience's careers are over :sick:

That is quite possibly the worst name they could've given them. Like, what the fuck was anyone thinking?

I can understand changing it from War Machine to War Raiders because everything has to sound fucking nerdy in the modern WWE Marvel and/or that UFC guy who almost murdered her wife being named that.

But an "experience" is something a 35 year old woman googles to add to her vacation plans and something a 50 year old man puts into his record player to remind him of the times back when he had testosterone, not something you use to describe a bunch of white savages rolling up on your coast to murder, rape and pillage.

"They live the Viking lifestyle, even sew their own clothes!" Michael Cole can take the biggest baddasses in the world and make them sound mildly more threatening than someone who volunteers to run bingo at an old folks' home.

• Like 1

I can only hope Vince hears how badly everyone's shitting on it and changes his mind, but i'm not holding my breath. I gotta wonder how upset Triple H was when he heard about the name change.

SDL got pre-empted for the NHL, so I'm just spoiling the shakeup results for myself

One thing I do like is that 205 Live guys are moving up to the main rosters. Biggest weakness of 205 was that it felt like career purgatory for anyone there, at least now it teaches everyone that you can "move up" from there.

It's really telling who WWE thinks are the stars and who are just wrestling guys. They're loading up SDL for the move to Fox

When WWE NXT Tag Team Champions The War Raiders debuted this past Monday with their new team name, The Viking Experience, it was not the initially pitched name for the duo. At one point, the duo was slated to be billed as The Bezerkers but it changed as they moved closer to debuting.

Source

That would've been infinitely better!

• Like 1
  • ROFL 1

This is going to be an interesting little chunk of time.

Smackdown moves to Fox innnnn October I think? It's going to be the A show because it has the biggest potential audience and probably should get the highest rating just for the channel it's on. They moved most of the people they consider their big stars (and opponents for them to beat) to SDL to load it up for that.

But in the interim, Raw is still the A show with the longterm audience that expects it to be the A show, but with a B roster, so we're gonna see how that affects ratings for both shows (and also it's a referendum on TNA because the male side of the roster is sure... IMPACTFUL).

That opening match was pretty sweet

I had the same "What the fuck am I watching?" reaction to Bray's PeeWee Herman/Blues Clues shit as I did the Broken Universe when it was in Impact

Apparently sponsors might've wanted the Firefly Funhouse segments to be taken off the show, and then after this week's, I'm absolutely convinced they're trying to get it thrown off on purpose, because god damn how the fuck can you put that on a PG family show

Gonna post this here for now, since i've got no idea where he'll end up.

He's totally going to AEW. He made gambling references in that Shield special, and there's dice in the background of his return (2.14 million views!) video

God, the only thing entertaining about Raw and SDL these days is Firefly Fun House

I still like Smackdown as a whole.  I kinda liked the format of last night's show, but I still mostly watched RAW in the background.

Also, I think we're starting to see more of the "edgy" content Fox supposedly wants. *Sigh*