Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Deimos

Pet Time Party

Fuzzy Nightfury!

Would've been a fitting name if he wasn't such a scaredy cat lol.

• Like 1

This is Pixel. We rescued her. When we got her she was infested with fleas and worms, emaciated and sick af. This is a semi-old picture. She's been fattened up since and we've gotten rid of a lot of her fleas and dewormed her. She'll still sick but improving. She also has a food obsession from living with a neglectful family who didn't look after her and as a result if she smells food on your fingers or toes, she bites.. and draws blood. I wanted an Artemis but I can deal with a Pixel ❤️

DSC_0008.JPG

• Like 1
  • Shiny 3

Poor baby, she's lucky she's found you guys

• Like 3

She's just a poor little Smol. We already call our other kitty "Smol" as a nickname. Pixel is either "Smol Smol" or "Teeny" because she is so small. She was all bug eyed and sunken cheeks when we got her. The Bug eyedness is gone but the sunken cheeks will take some time. We need to fatten her up haha

She also farts like crazy because her belly bacteria is still a mess. She'll get there.. 

• Sad 1

poor thing, glad she is getting better

JoJo is clearly not amused at your antics. 

• ROFL 1

She doesn't like having her picture taken. She's old fashioned

• Like 1

Puppy!

Banana for scale?

MY PARENTS GOT A NEW PUPPER

I may have got my dad hooked on the name Nova for her. :shiny:

IMG_7607.jpg

IMG_7612.jpg

20210120_104615.jpg

20210120_104429.jpg

• Like 1

PREPARE FOR PERCY!!!

For those I haven't shrieked at about this yet--- a few nights ago Lee thought he heard a kitten crying outside.... and sure as shit, he did! We searched until we pinpointed where it was, knocked on the neighbor's door to ask if they'd pop their hood and allow us to rescue it, and an hour of struggling and cramming ourselves under the car and in the bits of engine we could reach later we had a new family member!

He's somewhere around 5 or 6 weeks old, is polydactyl (he's got thumbs!) 

Spoiler

1130214871_Percy1.png.91a55c23c2bb3d4bd7374bcbd580a568.png

2014290032_Percy3.thumb.png.bd802573f313d00245c3ee010b0470eb.png

381216068_Percy4.png.1d9ccfa4aa2f5ac8e1acc91c9c29c921.png

460061462_Percy6.png.ec1c48d2f7bf832f94ebf1f4e91144d5.png

1447461624_Percy11.png.886a3ed40ee873dd348de3baeb081f2f.png

1887960627_Percy14.thumb.png.e236120345da5eece9b9bfe8732e8790.png

• Like 1
  • Shiny 2

Omg he's so perfect!!! How are the others taking to him?

Update pic of the dica while I'm here 

20210409_203917.jpg

• Like 1

The others are coming around on him, but we're still keeping them mostly separated except for some supervised meet n' greets. Boog was ignoring him but now has decided to just start growling at him, Pooper has bapped him almost every time he's seen him, Oobie and Tater are uneasy about him but he LOVES them, goes up and bunts them with his nose so we're wondering if his mom was a brown tabby, and then Steve largely ignores him and he largely ignores Steve. 

fuck, we have so many cats

• Like 1
  • ROFL 1

Y'all's critters are legit too pure for this world. 

• Like 1

Dude the one who holds THAT title in my heart is Nova, my parent newish pup! It's been about 4 months from her gotcha day!

IMG_7832.jpg

• Like 1

Novaaaaaaaaaaa she's getting so big and more gorgeous in every pic! I love her

I need to get my puppy fix soon. I still need to get mom a card for this weekend but seriously love this mutt. Dad says she's getting settled and safe enough to actually leave food in her bowl and not wolf it down. 

Fun story with this picture laughed with mom saying how she actually held still long enough for this shot, mom said it was because dad was behind the makeshift tarp fence fixing the actual fence with a neighbor and she was upset/bored that she wasn't with him so she took her boredom out on eating the ivy. :sweat:

Ooh! She also has a dog neighbor playmate now!

I love her eyes, omg.

I'm currently petless, but am hoping to join the cat crew in a year, maybe. I've been petless for way too long in my life at this point. ;_;

Just need to kitten-proof the apartment a bit beforehand and let certain life-stuff settle a bit.

• Like 1

I hope you find the perfect furbaby when the time comes!

Also ikr? If Nova was male I was totally going to beg my folks to give the name Odin. But Nova is awesome choice and she is fucking precious. The shelter told my folks that she was Husky/Border collie mix but we found out from her DNA test results that her Dad's half was the Siberian husky/Alaskan malamute and her mom's half was American pitbull/standfordshire terrier/Rottweiler mix. Totally crazy but it made sense with a lot of personality after we found out. 

IMG957646.jpg

• Like 2

Kanari the furshit is 6 now! (4/30/15) I admit I'm nervous getting so close to year 7...

20210416_140302.jpg

• Like 1
  • Shiny 1

If she's anything like my furdiva who's at almost 12, she should be fine.

• Like 1

I still have Kissy, she is 13 and a half now

20210619_161906.jpg?width=424&height=754

• Like 2
  • Shiny 2

Cat Bol

He HAD his tail covering his face, but he felt me getting my phone and moved it to look at me.

• ROFL 2

That's me with my cat. I have to try and be sneaky with my camera because she's just as much of a butthead about photos of herself as I am with myself. 🤣

20210629_182712.jpg

• Shiny 1

So my folks have been going camping on and off the last couple of weeks and I had to drop off some stuff for mom for their next round coming up. Right now bro and dad ain't home a lot and apparently mom's love ain't enough because guess who decided to show me she missed me by leaning on my back or jumping on it ready for piggy back while I was sitting down on the porch catching up with mom? 🤣

20210727_141133.jpg

• Shiny 1

She's watching wrestling with me 

CIRirt7.jpg

• Shiny 1

WARNING: SAD SHIT IN THIS POST

also I ramble like hell but I just had a breakthrough in my mourning so bear with me or just ignore the text, there WILL be pics to follow

*you can skip this first part if you don't wanna read the sad I don't mind*

So, I very excitedly introduced Percy to y'all a few months back. Pretty sure a lot of you know, but I haven't been able to fully talk about it but I think I'm ready to. We lost him due to an accident, we took him to the emergency vet and threw a lot of money at them but in the end the kindest thing was to let him go peacefully, because he was just too young and small to endure treatment. They said that if he'd been even a week or so older then there could have been a chance. It destroyed us for a while. Sometimes it still destroys me. I don't care if I only had him for 2 weeks, we pulled him out of a car engine, he instantly became ours. We loved him so much. He was my literal dream kitten--- an incredibly loving all black cat with THUMBS. We'll never know if he had the halloween eyes that would have truly made him my dream kitten. His were still baby blue. When we pulled him out of that engine we promised him we'd keep him forever and keep him safe, and we failed him. As we laid him to rest in our back yard I begged for his soul, his essence, something to listen to me, and asked if it was possible in the universe that he send us another kitten in need someday. I know it's silly, but I have weird views about animals and souls and stardust, whatever don't judge me. Percy had come into my life right after I lost a very close uncle. It was like losing a father figure. Percy was supposed to be a reprieve from grief, it almost felt like he was sent by my uncle to help my grief for him. In the end all I got was guilt that I didn't magically know the accident was going to happen and more grief. One of the lowest points of my life.

*here's where it gets happier*

Just a few weeks later we'd had a tentative talk with my wildlife mentor because she usually takes in some foster kittens during kitten season on top of the wildlife intakes, and we figured it couldn't hurt to see if any of hers felt right. Then the day before we're set to go meet hers another friend calls and is like heyyyyyyyy want a kitten? Turns out his wife had been leaving to go to work and saw a lil tuxedo kitten in the road so she stopped her car and got out to try and catch him but he crawled up underneath. She called her husband who starts hauling ass on foot to get to her since she's only a few blocks away from their house. By the time he gets there, kitten gets spooked out from under the car and starts running down the sidewalk towards the busier road when suddenly their mail carrier steps up, hollers something like "this what you're after?" and then she just intercepts him and snatches him right up. When we heard the story and saw his picture we both genuinely felt that Percy had sent us this one. His name is Pizza Hut (longish stupid ass story) but we call him Pete. He's helped me through my grief so much. He's currently in that wild stage where kittens will get the demons going and just tear all over the house for hours and then come plop in your lap for a snooze and snuggle. So everyone, forgive my rambling, it was therapeutic, and more importantly MEET PETE! he started as a lil fluffy potato but he's currently in that stage where he's longer and lankier and his fluff hasn't caught back up yet.

PXL_20210526_173413766.thumb.jpg.5df7ea9258b63adce08ef996cae5eee4.jpg

PXL_20210526_172245983.jpg

PXL_20210528_000323689.jpg

PXL_20210707_1422311552.jpg

PXL_20210718_175235135.jpg

• Shiny 4

I LURVE HIS PEETS! I am sooooooo happy for you and Lee and I can't wait to see how handsome this fuzz boi is gonna turn out!

• Like 1

I like to tickle his spotty toes and chant "Pete's peets" :3

• Shiny 1

It never fails to tickle me how your luxuriously fluffy cats are called STEVE and PETE ❤️

• Like 2

I mean, technically Pete's proper name is Pizza Hut, but Steve has always just been Steve 

• Like 2