Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MT

Sonic The Hedgehog (2019)

Holy shit.

It is exactly as bad as expected.

Sadly the movie itself could be okay but Sonic's design is just too fucking awful to get over.  They've ruined it completely.  They should scrap the entire thing, redo all the CG with a better design, and release the movie after that because seriously...it's awful.  It doesn't look better in motion.

But dude, he's gotta go fast. Also, you wouldn't see his genesis if you avoided this movie. 

34 minutes ago, MT said:

But dude, he's gotta go fast. Also, you wouldn't see his genesis if you avoided this movie. 

2ojF0qq.gif

37 minutes ago, MT said:

Doesn't mean a thing if he doesn't eat a single Chili Dog in the entire movie. 

• Like 3

Kill it with fire. :sick: 

He's not human sized at least, but why does he have to have human proportions then? They had one fucking job and they fucked it up. The rest of it would still probably be bad too, but that's the one thing they needed to NOT fuck up. :| 

who decided to put Gangsta's Paradise in this I Just Want to Talk

• Like 1
  • ROFL 1

Love me some Jim Carry but kill it with fire

3 hours ago, Mera'din said:

He's not human sized at least, but why does he have to have human proportions then?

The dark corners of the Furry communities will have their kinks pleased.

Are you kidding? The furries are furr-ious huehuehueheuheuahrg;vlbqwte34;hnsrgynjsxfmnrmxz rh ngcxjvmj,dctgj,.cjf.

• Like 1
  • ROFL 2

Oh shit Carey is going full Carey again. Its been a while since I’ve seen that.

Even with the bad design not a single second of that trailer was enjoyable to watch.

image.thumb.png.389cdb379ed61f5cf2e389f5b00ccd4f.png

• Like 1

• ROFL 5

I have to echo the sentiment from YongYea. Basically said "Y'all fuckers need Jesus."  :hide:

WUtdlsp.jpg

• ROFL 1

i mean honestly that works so much better for that still

• ROFL 1

TBH I'm more upset that Sanic's random human actor buddy that they shoehorned into the movie is not named "Miles."

• ROFL 1

#gottafixfast :rotfl: :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

• Like 1

I'm genuinely surprised they're going to do it.  Wow.  That's a level of self reflection you just don't expect from anyone in Hollywood.

They may have actually realized the movie was going to bomb fucking hard otherwise lol.

• Like 1

I call BS. They won't fix anything. 

So you're saying using the name Miles is back on the table

13 minutes ago, Galeigh said:

Yeah, that'll work out well. "We'll try to fix it, we promise. Just kidding!"

They'll put Jim Carrey in a fat suit and everything will be all right

• ROFL 1

The 'fix' will be some minor tweaks that will be barely noticable or completely unrelated to the actual problem. 

That way they can get people in the seats while saying they did 'something' after doing essentially nothing. 

Fixed or not though, this movie is gonna be a dumpster fire. 

• Like 1

If the movie does well, can we skip Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 and Knuckles and just go straight to Shadow the Hedgehog

>implying they won't jump straight to edgelord if this movie is successful. 

What if the fix is swapping out Sanic for Shadow

Just now, DeJaPon said:

What if the fix is swapping out Sanic for Shadow

i will see it 15 times in theaters if they do that

5 hours ago, Galeigh said:

The real question is will it actually be good when they "fix" it or will it still be nightmare fuel?  I dunno.  Could go either way.  They fucked it up so badly the first time that it's hard to trust they even know how to fix it.

I really hope they pay the animators well for having to change several key bits of the main character in presumably a tight turnaround time... #fixitfast :dazed::P

(though if anyone wants a much cuter story about hedgehogs then you know where to look, haha :3)

• Like 3
  • ROFL 1

Yeah I do feel really bad for the people that are going to have to crunch time all over this shit.  Sounds like they're going to get a taste of what video game devs have to deal with all the time and that sounds like cancer. :dazed:

Just give him animal teeth and leave the rest. It's not salvageable otherwise unless they have an untapped budget resource. The time to get opinions and make a huge change passed ages ago design wise.

• Like 1

8881193_orig.jpg

or just no teeth? Just do whatever they’re doing for Detective Pikachu.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anelle said:

Just give him animal teeth and leave the rest. It's not salvageable otherwise unless they have an untapped budget resource. The time to get opinions and make a huge change passed ages ago design wise.

Yeah one problem is that the body proportions are wrong so that will be harder to fix.  Still they can fix the face (bigger eyes) and the nightmarish fucking human teeth. :rip:

Hedgehog teeth are cute! They're supposed to be pointy! People still think Rocket is cute even though he's a pointy little asshole. 

And yeah, changing the eyes would help a lot but if they just fixed the teeth to be less horrifying it'd be a major difference. 

5 hours ago, webhead said:

Sounds like they're going to get a taste of what video game devs have to deal with all the time and that sounds like cancer. :dazed:

They already do. I play Overwatch with a person who works for an animation studio that specifically does work for the 3D versions of movies. They just had horrifying crunch time for work they did on Endgame. She was MIA for like 2 months. At the end of it, some people apparently stayed for 48 hours straight to finish work on it. This is all after they were never given their yearly merit raises. They finally had a meeting about it this week and were told they were going to "get to it" sometime this month finally (normally done in Jan. ) and that it would not be retroactive.

8 hours ago, Mera'din said:

They already do. I play Overwatch with a person who works for an animation studio that specifically does work for the 3D versions of movies. They just had horrifying crunch time for work they did on Endgame. She was MIA for like 2 months. At the end of it, some people apparently stayed for 48 hours straight to finish work on it. This is all after they were never given their yearly merit raises. They finally had a meeting about it this week and were told they were going to "get to it" sometime this month finally (normally done in Jan. ) and that it would not be retroactive.

God the entertainment industry is fucking awful all around.  I don't know why anyone does it.  It seems like slavery.  Fuck that noise.  Passion is just what these companies use to exploit their workers. :nono:

The art industry as a whole has that problem. Too many people got this dumbshit idea in their head that it's all just a hobby and not a real job. 

At least they're trying to be smart about this. Key word is try.

Welp.  Just hire this guy. :rotfl:

• Like 1

Legit. When the fans can make better shit than hollywood, you know you have a problem.

Now the biggest travesty in this trailer is the god awful Blitzkrieg Bop cover.

I am genuinely impressed by how much better that looks. :eek4:

Quick little comparison:

Totally looks wayyyyyyyyyyy better. I'm glad they actually listened to the fan base and took the time to fix things.