Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mialee

So I got a Switch

Breath of the Wild

Super Mario Odyssey

Diablo 3

Mario Kart 8

What kind of games do you like to play?  Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu was super fun imo.

15 minutes ago, webhead said:

What kind of games do you like to play?  Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu was super fun imo.

Hahaha thats the only game I got when I bought it

Octopath is supposed to be p.gud if you like those old school RPGs.

Of course Mario, Zelda, the usual suspects.

Some cool indie stuff you could get digitally (Axiom Verge or Dead Cells).

Really just depends on what you like!  You inspired me to make this topic so you can see what all I have. :)

• Like 1

Animal Crossing!! ...if it ever comes out. :cries: :rip:

Splatoon 2 is a lot of fun - I'm not one for shooters but bought it when it was on offer and have really enjoyed it (the cute punky aesthetics and the fact it's as much about shooting ink all over the place as much as attacking people helps). :)

Definitely Breath of the Wild - it's the first Zelda game we really played but we loved it. :heart: And ends up good value considering the number of hours you can end up playing it.

Stardew Valley, if you haven't played it on another platform yet. :unkeke:

Mario Kart 8 is really good, too (if you don't already have it on Wii U). :thumbs:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jane said:

Mario Kart 8 is really good, too (if you don't already have it on Wii U). :thumbs:

Even if you do, it's got all the DLC and it's portable (and no one is playing their Wii Us anymore :rotfl: )

22 minutes ago, webhead said:

Even if you do, it's got all the DLC and it's portable (and no one is playing their Wii Us anymore :rotfl: )

Yeah, I'm just a bit bitter because we did have it on the Wii U and I had some idea from somewhere that it had some more of the old courses and stuff on it, then it turned out it didn't. :nono: Some more DLC at some point with old/new stages would be good. :)

5 hours ago, Mialee said:

Please give me some ideas on which games to buy :)

Do you like rhythm games?

then get RHYTHM FUCKER 17.5

• ROFL 2

Pretty sure he's gonna suggest Superbeat: Xonic

I mean RHYtHM FUCKER 17.5 

11 hours ago, Mialee said:

Yes? 

Like, really?

2 hours ago, Eizan said:

SUPERBEAT: XONiC is a must have for any appreciator of rhythm games :thumbs:

2 hours ago, Anelle said:

then get RHYTHM FUCKER 17.5

Oh shit, they're finally bringing that to the US?

Breath of the Wild will keep you busy for a year.

Mario Odyssey and Stardew Valley are also great.

4 hours ago, Eizan said:

I mean RHYtHM FUCKER 17.5 

For srs I thought he was gonna suggest Taiko Drum Master 

Stardew Valley, Happy Birthdays, Little Dragon's Cafe, Super Mario Odyssey, Yoshi's Crafted World, Undertale, Chocobo Dungeon, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, Mario Party, Bayonetta 2, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Skyrim, Dark Souls, Diablo 3 (last 3 are just good to have on hand held) Enter the Gungeon, Catails, Golf Story, etc

I’m not sure I have the patience and skills for Dark Souls games :spineyes:

18 hours ago, Anelle said:

For srs I thought he was gonna suggest Taiko Drum Master 

Yeah I would definitely suggest Taiko no Tatsujin :thumbs: 

Anyone played Yoshi's Crafted World yet?  I'm thinking about buying it soon.

1 hour ago, Nairn Smoith said:

Anyone played Yoshi's Crafted World yet?  I'm thinking about buying it soon.

I loved Woolly World so I really want it! I'm sure I'll get it at some point but we're not even that far through Mario Odyssey yet, so it might have to wait (though if it goes 33% off in the eShop at any stage we'll probably get it).

On 4/19/2019 at 1:17 PM, Jane said:

Yeah, I'm just a bit bitter because we did have it on the Wii U and I had some idea from somewhere that it had some more of the old courses and stuff on it, then it turned out it didn't. :nono: Some more DLC at some point with old/new stages would be good. :)

What made Mario Kart worth it on Switch to me was finally being able to play on actual VS arena maps again, rather than just endlessly chasing each other around a race track.

7 hours ago, Downshift said:

What made Mario Kart worth it on Switch to me was finally being able to play on actual VS arena maps again, rather than just endlessly chasing each other around a race track.

Ah, you mean like the battle mode? I never liked that much (prefer endless chasing, lol) but I can see how that'd be a really positive change if you're into it. :)

I think what he meant was battle mode was on race tracks making it one big chase instead of kart kombat

Kirby, Okami, Hollow Knight, and I heard yoshi's crafted world is fun if you haven't played the wii u one.

19 hours ago, Jane said:

Ah, you mean like the battle mode? I never liked that much (prefer endless chasing, lol) but I can see how that'd be a really positive change if you're into it. :)

Yeah, I'm partial to the arenas because I first played Battle Mode in the original Mario Kart and Mario Kart 64. I don't mind the option to battle on actual race tracks, but I like the arenas better.

• Like 1