Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dr. b

Taking over the portal

Don't mind me. Just needed one more post and there weren't any good threads to bump.

:hide: 

It is done :evillaugh:

6500725_ScreenShot2023-07-19at8_44_38PM.thumb.png.d8e2b1a88b5db794195a078562be0398.png

• ROFL 2

Someone give him the badge that says "I did the thing everyone else did 10 years ago"

6 hours ago, Galeigh said:

Someone give him the badge that says "I did the thing everyone else did 10 years ago"

More like 20+ years ago at this point :rotfl:

I am bringing back the retro posting style from simpler times of the Internet :nerdy:

It's actually kinda refreshing to have a post like this ahahaha

• Shiny 2

23 hours ago, dr. b said:

More like 20+ years ago at this point :rotfl:

I am bringing back the retro posting style from simpler times of the Internet :nerdy:

post count +1

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MT said:

post count power level +1

ftfy ;) 

meh, close enough

Oh jesus christ I just realized this is my 20th year since joining the Center originally.  What are we at overall like 24?  Lol.

Only 20?

5E9Zb94.jpg

• Like 1
  • Shiny 1
  • ROFL 2

I am closing in on 20 myself as I joined in 2006 (or was it 2005?).

I was 19 years old when I joined and it's been 17 years since I joined... oof

10 hours ago, webhead said:

Oh jesus christ I just realized this is my 20th year since joining the Center originally.  What are we at overall like 24?  Lol.

I think it's more wild that it's been 16 years since the first gathering. 

3 hours ago, Eizan said:

I think it's more wild that it's been 16 years since the first gathering. 

fuck... :old:

IIRC, I started lurking and then posting a little bit on the DBZ Center boards when I was in grade 10, so sometime in 2000. Wow that feels like a long time ago now :rip: 

I have to say, it's great seeing some more activity around this place the last couple days! Now what do we gotta do to get Ma to come back???

Yea good luck with that one. Because i'm pretty sure a summoning circle with a chicken sacrifice couldn't make him come back.

Also Web.....STOP REMINDING US HOW OLD WE ARE. :old:

@Vic Boss are you out there..!?

He's too busy with his big important job to hang out with us :(

:( 

I've asked for and have been (probably) granted a demotion. It may or may not free up more time for me, but at least I won't be on-call salary with no time to do anything :lurk:

• Like 3

Why you gotta be so good at your job? :P

11 hours ago, Vic Boss said:

I've asked for and have been (probably) granted a demotion. It may or may not free up more time for me, but at least I won't be on-call salary with no time to do anything :lurk:

No free time for you! Work till you die like most of the western world.

• Sad 1

I took yesterday off because I still had a headache from Friday, it took me until 2:30 to get through my emails... 

We successfully summoned Ma Jr ! High fives all around :highfive:

13 hours ago, Vic Boss said:

Are you watching Zom 100 this season? If yer getting overworked at your job then you'll totally identify with the the main character :lol: 

What kinda job are you working?

Was an overnight assistant manager for walmart for a few months. But somewhere between a new inventory system that doesn't work, an inability to hire reliable people (we may luck into something eventually but I don't think this can ultimately be fixed, calling in is too ingrained into the local people), losing days off when the support managers don't show up and not making overtime for the 10-11 hours per day, I decided that I should probably drop back down to an hourly support manager instead :lurk:

On 9/12/2023 at 6:07 PM, dr. b said:

We successfully summoned Ma Jr ! High fives all around :highfive:

Are you watching Zom 100 this season? If yer getting overworked at your job then you'll totally identify with the the main character :lol: 

What kinda job are you working?

I haven't watched anime in two season now 😢

Bummer. That's a lot of backlog to catch up on!

10 hours ago, Vic Boss said:

Was an overnight assistant manager for walmart for a few months. But somewhere between a new inventory system that doesn't work, an inability to hire reliable people (we may luck into something eventually but I don't think this can ultimately be fixed, calling in is too ingrained into the local people), losing days off when the support managers don't show up and not making overtime for the 10-11 hours per day, I decided that I should probably drop back down to an hourly support manager instead :lurk:

Honestly yeah it sounds like you were getting fucked.  You'll probably end up making MORE as hourly. :facepalm:

14 hours ago, webhead said:

Honestly yeah it sounds like you were getting fucked.  You'll probably end up making MORE as hourly. :facepalm:

For the starting salary with the way things are right now, yes, though not counting the annual bonus. Went into it knowing that.

After a few years with the way the raises are handled, no, but tbh I was already at a point where there wasn't a dollar amount you could put next to the position and have it be worth it. Maybe in the future, but definitely not at the moment.

I have yet to be demoted because our system doesn't seem like it's designed properly for it. So far I've:

1) Been notified that myself, who reports to myself, is applying for a new role on my team and that I should do everything I can to support myself in making the transition easier for myself.

2) I've had an interview scheduled with myself to see if I'm up for the job.

3) Currently I'm negotiating with myself.

The system sees me in the role I am in now and me in the role I want to demote to on my team as two separate people.

This is a third party system provided for us by the way.

• Like 2
  • ROFL 1

Well if they want you doing so much of it, demote yourself and give yourself a raise

• Like 1
  • ROFL 1

One of my support managers didn't know what a waifu was so I got him to google it on his phone, and now the algorithms know and theoretically the store wifi knows too

• ROFL 2