Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jane

Say Hi To Hedgehogs!

...is the name of my picture book if you live in the UK or Australia. In North America, it's called Prickly Hedgehogs! ...both are available online and in all good bookstores. :lurk:

Say hi to me, too! :unkeke:

• Like 4
  • Shiny 1
  • ROFL 1

C. loves the book, by the way! It was one of her earliest words to request it: "HA-too."

• Like 2
  • Shiny 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Galeigh said:

Hi Jane!

Helloooo!

15 minutes ago, Olly said:

C. loves the book, by the way! It was one of her earliest words to request it: "HA-too."

Gah!! That's too wonderful. :loved: Hearing about kids liking the book is the best. :heart:

Oh yeah, I still wanna buy this!

I was having issues finding a US purchase at the time and then kinda forgot.?

Why the name change for the US book? Localization can be weird lol.

• Like 1

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Sonic and Jane!

Update: I just bought a copy of your book! 

• Like 1
  • Shiny 1

I'm a proud owner of Prickly Hedgehogs and have read it to Milo dozens of times.  Fantastic work, Jane!

• Like 2
  • Shiny 1

JAAAAAAAAAANE I MISSED YOU TOOOOO!

• Like 1

I keep meaning to buy this.  Quite frankly, I've been too fucking lazy to go to a real bookstore so far. :rotfl:

Might just get it on Amazon and leave a review. :shiny:

• Like 1

Just now, webhead said:

I keep meaning to buy this.  Quite frankly, I've been too fucking lazy to go to a real bookstore so far. :rotfl:

You also now have a reason to own a children's book outside of supporting a friend. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Deszae said:

Oh yeah, I still wanna buy this!

I was having issues finding a US purchase at the time and then kinda forgot.?

Why the name change for the US book? Localization can be weird lol.

Apparently there was an older book out in the States with a similar name (Say Hi to A Hedgehog or something), so the publisher had to go with a different one over there. :) There are a couple of other minor changes to the text too (e.g. over here the hedgehog has to weigh the same as a football before hibernating, in the US text it's a basketball) but I got to check it over before it went ahead. One positive thing - the US version has a dustjacket on the cover, with an author bio on the flap and everything. :D (*cough* it should also now - or soon - have a silver seal on it, because it won a Ezra Jack Keats Illustrator Honor recently ?)

12 hours ago, Deimos said:

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Sonic and Jane!

Update: I just bought a copy of your book! 

1. Hi! :D
2. That's awesome, thank you! :shiny:

12 hours ago, Nairn Smoith said:

I'm a proud owner of Prickly Hedgehogs and have read it to Milo dozens of times.  Fantastic work, Jane!

:crying: I'm so genuinely stoked that he likes it. I heard a little boy in a waiting room the other day randomly talking about slugs and it put me in mind of Betty telling me that Milo went through saying which bugs were nice and which ones were mean. :D

12 hours ago, Tassifox said:

JAAAAAAAAAANE I MISSED YOU TOOOOO!

❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ I missed you and your sunshineyness!

11 hours ago, webhead said:

Amazon purchase is way better than no purchase - and positive Amazon review is mega helpful*. :D Really hope Luna likes it too - never too early for books!
*(for those who don't know, algorithms mean that the more ratings a book gets on Amazon - even if you haven't bought it there - the more likely it is to come up in search results and stuff. So even if you don't want to buy the book, please give it a nice rating and a "I love hedgehogs" comment or something :rotfl:  Thanks to all of you who have done so far :heart:)

• Like 1
  • Shiny 1

4 hours ago, Jane said:

it won a Ezra Jack Keats Illustrator Honor recently ?

Jane!  Way to go!  I'm so happy for you.  Keep kicking ass.  I will buy every single book you put out. :heart:

Make sure you announce them all here haha.

• Like 1

For our part we got copies for our nephew, my godkids, and I think more kids besides :O it is very damn good.

• Shiny 1

My copy arrived yesterday and I read it! My grandma is coming tomorrow to take me to get my cast off. I'm going to give her the book because all of my young nieces and nephews are there a lot. So, they can read it while they visit!

• Like 2

On 3/23/2019 at 3:07 PM, Psycho666soldier said:

Don't think I've seen you on The Center, but that's awesome about your Children's Book and receiving an honor!

I haven't been active for a couple of years now, I don't think. :ponder: But yes, thank you! :D

On 3/23/2019 at 5:22 PM, webhead said:

Jane!  Way to go!  I'm so happy for you.  Keep kicking ass.  I will buy every single book you put out. :heart:

Make sure you announce them all here haha.

Thank youuuu. :D I will, but you found out my next one's coming out in the States before I actually knew, haha.

On 3/23/2019 at 6:37 PM, Hornet said:

For our part we got copies for our nephew, my godkids, and I think more kids besides :O it is very damn good.

OMG. :loved: I definitely need to buy you two a few beers next time I see you.

2 hours ago, Deimos said:

My copy arrived yesterday and I read it! My grandma is coming tomorrow to take me to get my cast off. I'm going to give her the book because all of my young nieces and nephews are there a lot. So, they can read it while they visit!

Ahhh! :D Hope they like it. :heart: (and that your cast-off goes ok :x)