Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
webhead

Destiny 2

New This Week at Bungie

Seems like they're still doubling down on those fucking enhancement cores.  Trying to put more ways to earn something that is basically the same as legendary shards but more annoying to get.

Strengthen Your Core
As you make progress in Season of the Drifter, you’ll be making choices about which weapons and armor you want to power up first. We’ve been following the conversation around the use of Enhancement Cores for infusion. As a response, the Destiny Dev Team have some changes lined up that they want to share.  

Destiny Dev Team: The goal of the infusion system is to create an impactful feeling of progression when you increase the Power of an item you enjoy using. An infusion system with no scarcity around the materials would diminish this impact. To that end, we tapped into a material with inherent scarceness, Enhancement Cores, to use as one of the keystone materials for this process.

That is the goal the infusion system, but if the overall system is causing a negative experience, we want to work to improve it. We’re constantly monitoring the infusion economy to see what kind of impact it has on gear usage. We keep a close eye on the amount of infusion materials being earned versus how many are being used and will continue to make adjustments as needed.

To that end, we’ll be making a change in Season of Opulence with the goal of providing more access to Enhancement Cores.

Scrapper Bounties previously dropped randomly when dismantling gear. There was no reliable way to earn Enhancement Cores using these bounties, and we didn’t feel they were providing enough materials. We will be deprecating these bounties at the start of Season 7. (Note that any unfinished Scrapper Bounties still in your inventory when the new season begins can still be completed before their natural expiration.) In their place, the Gunsmith will now offer a selection of daily and weekly bounties that can be purchased for Gunsmith Materials. As with the Scrapper Bounties, each of these will include, among other things, an Enhancement Core as a reward when completed.

Our hope is that this increased access and control over Enhancement Core acquisition will help improve the balance of materials being earned vs. materials being used. As always, we’ll be continuously monitoring this item economy, along with your feedback to assess its effectiveness.

Been thinking of hopping back in real quick to get whatever free shit you get from choosing between the Drifter and Vanguard (Drifer looks shady af so no thx bruh).  This DLC has honestly been really disappointing so fro to me.  Anyone playing the Season of the Drifter stuff yet?

To do the Drifter/Vanguard choice, I think you have to play at least one round of both Gambit Prime and The Reckoning. I still haven't done either.

"we're going to make it harder for you to be able to use your favorite guns because we want them earned"

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c951f954971553245

"Blah blah blah... so on and so forth... sense of pride and accomplishment..."

Enhancement Cores shouldn't have been added, and I don't get why they keep trying to act like they're a good idea when the community pretty much keeps saying they hate them.

And I'd been thinking about jumping back in for a bit as well, but also keep deciding against it. :P

This stuff is why I uninstalled D2. Bungie just won't let people play they way they wanna play and continue to insist that their plan is the only way to play. 

It is extremely frustrating.  That coupled with the fairly boring DLC has me kind of staying away.  I hate constantly going back to feeling so negative about this game but there's just nothing worth doing in it anymore.  I already did the slow power level burn with Forsaken and that has no real allure to me anymore.  After that is gone...well there's nothing.  Lots of boring loot tbh and even if I do find cool stuff, I can't level it up and use it because of the fucking cores. :rotfl:

Saw another topic on Reddit's Destiny subreddit that made me lol.  Something to the effect of basically "no one is going to remember your game for how balanced it is." :rotfl:  Yes please, just let us have fun.  Jesus christ Bungie.  Listen to your players. :sad:

I think I remember seeing that topic. :P And yeah.

Hopefully the next DLC/Season of Opulence(?) will be an improvement. I new this DLC or whatever wasn't going to be for me when it seemed like a big part of it revolved around harder Gambit.

Yeah, I think they made a mistake focusing an entire DLC on Gambit.  Too many people don't like PvP.  EVERYONE plays PvE.

24 minutes ago, webhead said:

Too many people don't like PvP.  EVERYONE plays PvE.

6nE4EyO.gif

I actually do hate PvP but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to use this gif

• ROFL 1

Pvp is the only thing GOOD about the game imo. Bungie murdered the fuck out of pve with all this stupid shit. 

Fuck PvP. Not just in Destiny 2, though. Overall.

4 hours ago, Galeigh said:

Pvp is the only thing GOOD about the game imo. Bungie murdered the fuck out of pve with all this stupid shit. 

Every other PvP focused game does PvP better than Destiny does.  Like why would you play THIS instead of basically all the other multiplayer shooters around?  Sometimes I wish they'd just drop PvP completely and maybe we'd get single player content that didn't have to be Balanced ™️ to the point every gun is boring and exactly the same.  It's fun to be overpowered, damn it. :(

There is a reason I play rainbow 6 siege and not D2.

Reading this topic is making me glad I haven't played much of Destiny 2 beyond the first expansion :lurk:

Forsaken or Osiris?  Forsaken was legitimately good.  If you stopped after Osiris though god damn.  Game was massively terrible then. :rotfl:

Osiris. The one where you were trying to figure out a Vex time puzzle thing or something

Curse of Osiris and Warmind were pretty meh. But Forsaken was a really good addition to the game. Now they're doing the smaller DLC/Season things and those have been kinda... eh so far.

2 hours ago, Ulyster said:

Osiris. The one where you were trying to figure out a Vex time puzzle thing or something

Well no wonder you gave up. That DLC was 

9do09Yr.gif

• ROFL 1

Yeah but it's a mandatory buy if want forsaken, cause Bungo is stupid and activision is greedy (went down b4 split so it still counts)

Those are free now I believe.  Like you just pay for Forsaken and the poop comes with for free.

Technically? I bought it on PS4 during launch, and played the expansions on there, but I also claimed it on PC when it was free a few months back

Ah nice.  I'd probably wait and see what comes next before I invested in anything tbh.  No one is really playing right now. :rotfl:

The thing that sucks is the lore is getting real interesting, there's just not much reason to play the game itself at this point.

I wish they'd just throw caution to the wind and start letting us get totally broken shit in PvE and reroll perks and shit.  Give me something to actually do.  Waiting for RNG to drop a random perfect weapon is cancer and the cores thing on top of that just completely kills everyone's desire to even try.

Played some Gambit Prime with MT.  :bandit:

Spoiler

image.png.9300e10a77a94be442facf4a60913d19.png

Would be interesting if true, all I would wanna see less of is mandatory crucible quest steps. 
"Oh this new exotic quest? Yeeeeaaahhh its for a handcannon and you gotta grind out a ton of crucible kills, have fun"

What's that? Something that doesn't seem to focus around PvP? Sounds good to me. :O

Hey look they reskinned the Halloween event. :rotfl:

But seriously, I wish they would just make it permanent.  Why is it an "event" for this? :(

Ugh, last week's Xur mission took place exclusively on Mercury. One part had you killing Hive which are seemingly only found on one Adventure in the Infinite Forest that you have to get from Brother Vance. So that whole thing took forever. Now this week's flashpoint is ALSO on Mercury. WHY?

Hey doesn't that new event thing start today (Revelry)?

vZnCyMC.gif

It does indeed.

We should do that stuff. :nod:

Would be a better idea than trying to collect 120 whatever they were (I assume that'll be a quest for it) in a weekend. :P

I got the gun as it came out, if anyone needs help lemme know and I'll hop on NA or wherever (on PC)

I think I'm the only one still playing, and I'm nowhere near the level for that yet, sadly.

The last of Xur's weekly missions requires PvP. Why, Bungie? :pissed2:

Cause pvp is the only content that doesn't suck ass?

You know what would be nice?  Having the choice to play PvP or PvE for these quests.  It's fucking maddening to be forced to play PvP to complete quests that have nothing to do with PvP.  I hate that shit so much.  It makes me hate the game because I'm being forced to play PvP when I don't necessarily want to.  Like the fucking Thorn quest back in the day.   That was absolute cancer. :sick:

8 minutes ago, Galeigh said:

Cause pvp is the only content that doesn't suck ass?

Fuck PvP. I hate PvP. I never want to do it, ever. For something lore related I should never have to do PvP.

Xur isnt lore, and they want missions to be completed by the most amount of players and despite your views on it (no judgements here btw) pvp is pretty much the only content consistently played by the majority of the d2 playerbase. 

His invitations are 100% lore. Every other one of his invitations were PvE, this was the only one that was PvP focused. And considering it dealt with the Drifter, it should've been Gambit (which wouldn't have been better, but it would've made 100% more sense).

I'm hearing rumors that Hawkmoon may finally be making a return in this season. :shiny: