Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MT

E3 2021

It starts the weekend after this one! What are you hoping to see this year? Before E3 proper starts, Geoff Keighley's Summer Game Fest will start on the 10th.

June 10th

Summer Game Fest @ 11AM Pacific time, 2PM East coast time

June 12th

Pre-show @ 10AM Pacific time, 1PM East coast time

Ubisoft @ 12PM Pacific time, 3PM East coast time

Gearbox @ ???

June 13th

XBox/Bethesda @  10AM Pacific time, 1PM East coast time

Square Enix @ 12:15PM Pacific time, 3:15PM East coast time

June 14th

Capcom @ 2:30PM Pacific time, 5:30PM East coast time

June 15th

Nintendo @ 9AM Pacific time, 12PM East coast time

It sounds like EA will be having some sort of show after E3 proper, on the 22nd of July.

Gracious of Nintendo to keep the old tradition of going last at e3 (lol EA) intact. Let everyone else be a little excited about other things before revealing the New Super Nintendo Switch 2 XL 64 DD.

Yeah, I’m interested in whatever Nintendo has to show, and that’s about it I guess :shrug:

Maybe Squeenix too. 

honestly. why do we care again? e3 is pretty much dead

25 minutes ago, Galeigh said:

honestly. why do we care again? e3 is pretty much dead

Out of habit? Because some folks still think it’s fun / interesting / etc.?

I’m not super hyped about it either, but no need to be a wet blanket. 

• Like 2

So if true Nintendo will be showing more details of Shin Megami Tensei 5....which is enough for me to be excited for. 

Hopefully the leaked release date is true as well. Although not sure if I like it releasing the same week as Pokemon. 

Could be interested in Square Enix was well. 

• Like 1

I'm interested in Nintendo as always and really interested in seeing what the Bethesda/Microsoft show looks like, it'll be the first look at them as a unit and likely the first time they reveal some Bethesda shit and say outright "This is only for Xbox and PC" in front everyone, instead of just reports and Phil Spencer double-speak.

20 hours ago, little birdy said:

Out of habit? Because some folks still think it’s fun / interesting / etc.?

I’m not super hyped about it either, but no need to be a wet blanket. 

Fair point. I guess I am just a bit bitter over what E3 has become over what it used to be.

E3 is exactly what it has always been.  They announce a bunch of shit, show videos, etc.  Being at the convention center means jack shit because NONE OF US ever went anyway.  There's basically no difference at all these days.

Added Capcom to the original schedule

June 14th

Capcom @ 2:30PM Pacific time, 5:30PM East coast time

On 6/3/2021 at 10:15 PM, Vic Boss said:

Gracious of Nintendo to keep the old tradition of going last at e3 (lol EA) intact. Let everyone else be a little excited about other things before revealing the New Super Nintendo Switch 2 XL 64 DD.

Yeah, this here is all I want. And Silksong, but I know that ain't happening :xd:

Digital Devolver wins just for their presentation:

I forgot that yesterday was the Nintendo Direct :lolgrin: Fortunately, Nintendo sent out a newsletter with a summary of it. 

I am 100% for sure getting the Advance Wars remaster :shiny:

WarioWare and Super Monkey Ball should also be a fun time too :thumbs:

I'm excited for the Advance Wars remakes because I never got the chance to play the originals.

Also super excited for Metroid Dreads and WarioWare.

Man that Squeenix panel was strange AF. Mostly fuckin mobile games and left out the trailers for the game that actually looked interesting from their final blink and you miss it show case. things like FINAL FANTASY 16! wtf Squeenix!?!?

Nintendo won e3 for me. Metroid Dread (here we're worrying about Prime 4 being vaporware and they whip out actual vaporware), Advance Wars, theoretically SMTV but maybe I should play the other 10 SMT games I've bought and haven't touched yet

I think objectively, Microsoft probably won e3. "Here's 30 games, 27 will be on Gamepass", a mix of exclusives and third parties, good variety of genres, felt really foundational, like we absolutely know the direction of the Series X and S now.

Yeah, Microsoft made a devastatingly strong case for their system with that showcase. 

Enough that even I am sitting considering getting their console.

You have a PC.  Why would you buy an XBOX?  That would be pointless.

Nintendo and Microsoft had great conferences.  Everyone else pretty much sucked.  PC games conference was okay mostly because between all the cringey as fuck jokes, they showed off a few games I didn't know. :nod:

Not everything gets a PC release. And sometimes I just wanna sit on the coach while I game. Far more comfortable than my pc chair.

6 hours ago, webhead said:

You have a PC.  Why would you buy an XBOX?  That would be pointless.

Surely there are many people who own both. If it was truly pointless to have an Xbox and a PC then I don't think Microsoft would be making Xbox :confused: 

They're making an XBox for the people that don't have PCs, which is a huge market. A lot of people don't want to deal with building/maintaining a gaming PC, when they can buy a console that's a) cheaper and b) made the same as all other consoles (i.e the XBox Series X you buy has the same components that anyone else buying a Series X will have, each PS5 has the same components, etc.)

For people like web and I who DO have a quality gaming PC, there's no need to buy an XBox, but I can still play those first party games.

Cheaper is a big one, it's cheaper to buy an xbox than upgrade my graphics card..... just my graphics card.

16 hours ago, Galeigh said:

Not everything gets a PC release.

Literally all Microsoft games get a PC release.  That was why I said that. :P

16 hours ago, Galeigh said:

And sometimes I just wanna sit on the coach while I game. Far more comfortable than my pc chair.

Get a wireless controller. :xd:

10 hours ago, little birdy said:

Surely there are many people who own both. If it was truly pointless to have an Xbox and a PC then I don't think Microsoft would be making Xbox :confused: 

Like MT said, I guarantee a VAST majority of the people with XBOXes only have consoles and not a PC.  Microsoft bringing their games to PC is one of the best things they've done imo.  A real pro gamer move. ;)

I have a wireless controller... My pc isn't in the living room... 

Legit think Webhead would fistfight someone who has both a PC and an Xbox

• Like 1
  • ROFL 3

:rotfl:

There are a handful of benefits of having an XBox even if you have a PC. Mainly via Game Pass as they put a fair number of things onto the Xbox Game Pass that aren't on the PC side of it (including some "Day 1" titles). So if you are going in for the Game Pass, there are some benefits to having an XBox still. Just as an example, there are currently 381 things on Game Pass for the XBox, and only 270 for the PC version.

Also if your computer is actually a potato. Though that is slowly becoming less important as well with game streaming as it becomes more viable. They're running beta on their cloud gaming portion of Game Pass so as long as you have decent connection speed, hardware is going to be less of a concern.

There is also cross saves so things that ARE on both I can swap between at me leisure if I had an xbox

18 hours ago, Vic Boss said:

Legit think Webhead would fistfight someone who has both a PC and an Xbox

I will fucking KILL YOU.

18 hours ago, Galeigh said:

I have a wireless controller... My pc isn't in the living room... 

Your apartment ain't that big.  Run a cable to the PC. :rotfl: 

2 hours ago, webhead said:

Your apartment ain't that big.  Run a cable to the PC. :rotfl: 

Cat + wires = Bad time

we already got issues with him laying on cords he has no business being near, let alone sleeping on.