Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MT

Completed Games (2021)

Not going to add this to my official list, but I beat Doom 64 with cheating on the end boss. I got through everything else but that without cheats. The boss was ridiculously overpowered, with rockets that fly as fast if not faster than you can run and they home in on you, and another flame attack that will knock you into the air and kill your momentum, so you can get gangbanged by the rockets. There were a few places to hide, but even if I managed to round a corner between me and one of the many rockets, the splash damage would kill me. I was enjoying the game up until that point.

1) :3ds: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (Completed Hoenn Dex)

This took about 130 hours.  Completed all the major post-game content, caught every Pokemon that could be found in the wild, and grabbed all the legendaries part of the Hoenn dex.  Elite Four was pretty easy, but Steven gave me trouble for a few rounds.  I had a crop of about 8 Pokemon I trained solidly and regularly used, but my two aces were Sceptile and Ninetales, with a side helping of Sharpedo.  I didn't bother with the Battle Resort past getting items I needed for trade evolutions, because that seemed like too much of a time sink.

Getting Jirachi turned out to be relatively easy.  Getting Groudon without trading my Kyogre was tedious.  Required a lot of patience, and I had almost gave up before someone finally responded to a message of mine on gamefaqs and they not only traded me a Groudon, but helped me take care of my trade evolutions.  That was dope.

Thinking I'm moving on to Bravely Default next.

Bravely Default is fantastic. Do it!

1) :ps4: God of War (2018/Platinum/98ish%)

2) :ps4: Marvel's Spider-Man GOTY Edition (Platinum/100%/100%ed DLC)

3) :ps4: Spyro The Dragon Reignited (Platinum)

4) :ps4: Assassin's Creed Liberation HD Remastered (Platinum)

5) :ps4: Spyro Reignited 2: Ripto's Rage (Platinum/Only 100%)

6) :ps4: Spyro Reignited 3: Year of the Dragon (Platinum/Only 80%)

7) :ps4: Genshin Impact (100% Trophy List)

8 ) :switch::nes: Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light (35ish hours)

9) :switch: Mario 3D World (380 Stars/All Stamps)

10) :switch: Mario 3D World/Bowser's Fury (100 Cat Shinies)

11) :ps3: :dc: Jet Set Radio (100% Trophy List)\

12) :ps3: Dungeons & Dragons - Chronicles of Mystara (100% Trophy List)

13) :ps3: Ico HD (Platinum)

14) :ps3: Shadow of the Colossus HD (Platinum)

15) :ps3: Dirt 3

16) :ps3: Grid 2

17) :ps3: God of War: Ascension (Platinum)

18) :ps3: God of War III (Platinum)

19) :ps3: :psp: God of War: Ghost of Sparta (Platinum)

20) :ps3: Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves (Platinum)

21) :ps3: Altered Beast

Never played before. I like the '80s look and it's fun when you're in beast form but stiff as hell and kinda cheap otherwise. It may just be the port, but it does feel like there's some input lag, that you pretty much have to know something is gonna come at you to properly time the button press. I abused the hell out of the save states to pop all the trophies (except the multiplayer trophy, gotta look for a boosting partner for that).

22) :ps3: Daytonaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa USA (100% Trophies)

Fun little game. Music, the bridge etc. Kinda wish I paid more attention to the arcade and/or Sega scenes back in the day so this could've been one of those "OMFG" moments at what the future of graphics was going to look like

:pc: Mortal Kombat 11 + Aftermath DLC

Honestly it was pretty good. Kronika is worse than Shao Khan ever was tho. Cheating bitch. 

6.) :pc: The Signifier

This is a game I've had on my wishlist since before it came out last October. Seemed like an interesting premise, but reviews said it was relatively short so I was waiting for a sale. Definitely an interesting game. Reminds me of a toned down version of the "Brain Dance" recordings from Cyberpunk which was probably one of the most interesting parts of that game.

Basically, you're trying to find out how a woman died by using a scan of her brain from shortly after her death. It appears to be suicide, but she was the VP of a tech company and the timing was suspicious so you've been called on to investigate it. You use the scan to go through both objective and subjective representations of her memories from various points in her life ranging from 5 years old or so to just minutes before her death. You also investigate and speak to people in the real world to find clues that will help unlock understanding of what you've seen in her memories and can utilize things found in the memories to further interactions with some people. There are some interesting choices to be made along the way that can change the ending. The one I got was pretty bleak so I'm hoping another play through will hopefully turn things around a bit.

In terms of gameplay, it's a relatively simple adventure game/walking simulator, with some light puzzles. Visually, it's pretty trippy as the memories you visit are not always clear and things in the subjective representation can be tainted by the persons emotions and mental state resulting in some pretty chaotic stuff. I really enjoyed it overall and it was an interesting concept. There's another game called 'Observer' that I'm looking at getting because it has a similar sort of theme to it but with more of a dark, futuristic, cyberpunk style that looks like it could be interesting.

Also managed to get my last few completions in Hades done and saw the ending. Still playing here and there to finish some of the side stories and see the epilogue. Love that you continue to get unique interactions even after you're done with the main story. Such a well made game.

A large portion of the games I play don't necessarily have a clear-cut win condition, but for those that do...

1: :pc: Celeste

Just last week, after having decided I'd put it off far too long. This game is blindingly charming - the pixel art is gorgeous, the platforming challenges never feel too punishing, the music is beautiful, and the story and characters both are nothing short of delightful.

2: :pc: UnderMine

Think 2D Legend of Zelda, dungeons only, in roguelike form and you've got UnderMine. While not quite setting the world on fire with overwhelming amounts of awesomeness, it was an excellent pandemic time-waster that kept me going for a pretty bloody long while all things considered. 

3: :pc: Touhou Tenkuushou

For those unaware, the Touhou series is a long running series of (mostly) vertical arcade shooters with a downright immense fandom. This was... okay. I'm not sure if the series lost its spark at some point, or if I'm just burned out on the it or the genre, but I wasn't left feeling particularly enthralled. Ah well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What can I say? Its been an unproductive year so far. :T

I've also been working on Horizon: Zero Dawn, but have been taking a break for a bit, and am currently sitting on my Cyberpunk playthrough until such time that CD Projekt Red finishes tidying it up.

Edited by Chel
...slight derp in my Celeste commentary

A few times now, I've noticed Celeste on sale on the eShop and thought... Maybe. Still haven't pulled the trigger. Not much time left in my days for gaming. Sometimes I like buying games because it feels good to spend money that's burning a hole in my pocket, but often I don't finish them. 

A lot of the levels are small enough that you could finish one or two in a short sitting, and then continue playing later.

Yeah, I gotta give Celeste credit for doing a good job of enabling bite size gaming sessions. I ended up completing it in a few long (maybe too long? :V) sessions but the fact that you can save at any stage and you aren't harshly punished for dying made it a far less unnecessarily frustrating experience than it could've been.

8 ) :switch::nes: Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light (35ish hours)

21) :ps3: Altered Beast (100% Trophies)

22) :ps3: Daytona USA (100% Trophies)

23) :ps3: Golden Axe

Still gotta pop the online co-op trophy but did the rest, which was a local co-op playthrough with two controllers and then a no-continue save states playthrough.

Was a so-so game overall, really short and the controls were kinda stiff but the little combos you could do were cool. Solid for an early Genesis-era/pre-SNES release beat'em up.

24) :ps3: Virtua Fighter 2 (100% Trophies)

A mostly-easy trophy list but hooooo-leeee shit, that ratchets up in difficulty very quickly. I did not beat the Arcade Mode and was definitely intimidated by the size of the move list and really the idea of playing any more of it.

Got through the first full play through on my first character in Heroes of Hammerwatch. Now to keep doing it again and again 😛

23) :ps3: Golden Axe (100% Trophies)

25) :ps3: Revenge of Shinobi (100% Trophies)

Save stated the hell out of this. An okay game for its release date. There is a lot of cheap hits from stuff you can't see off-screen until the last second. The worst thing is the finicky double-jump, which doesn't work half the time and when it does, doesn't let you ajdust in mid-air like modern double jumps do, and that is aggravating

26) :ps3: Gunstar Heroes (100% Trophies)

Still wild fun. I prefer the boss fights, weapon combinations and Health-meter here to Contra but I do prefer Contra's running-and-gunning through normal enemies and Contra's respawning in place.

27) :ps3: Comix Zone (100% Trophies)

'90s EXTREME as fuck. Game's made for save states. Way too punishing.

16a) :ps3: Grid 2 (Platinum)

Awriiiight, find an online boosting partner :bandit:

2. :switch: Grandia - This is one of the best RPG's from the PS1 era. 

I need to finish up Grandia 2 now, but I need to go back and fight the final boss in Ys IX first. 

2) :switch: Mega Man X(Legacy Collection)

Found an 8BitDo SNES controller at my job and decided to test it out on my Switch.  This turned into me beating Mega Man X within 24 hours.  Maybe the first time I actually beat the final form of Sigma?  It's hard to remember because the ending wasn't really familiar to me.  Still one of my favorite games of all time.  Mostly a breeze for me to get through these days after playing for a long time, but Sigma took quite a few tries.

Currently in the middle of X2.  First time I've ever played through this far.  I unfortunately missed a Zero part, but that technically means more content to enjoy.  Currently going through the final X-Hunter stages.

I may follow-up with X3, but I kinda want to move on to other games.

2) :switch: Mega Man X(Legacy Collection)

3) :switch: Mega Man X2(Legacy Collection)

Just beat it about an hour ago.  Arguably better than the first one in a few departments.  Bosses are mostly harder, especially without the weaknesses, and the inclusion of the X-Hunters and the side plot there made the game feel a bit more epic.  Story-wise, the end is kind of meh, and Zero and the first version of Sigma are surprisingly pretty easy.  But needing to hit the final form of Sigma with the full charge in order to do damage made that last part a pain in the ass.  I think music is overall better, too.

Might doodle around on X3, but it's not a priority of mine.

28) :ds: Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride

Took me about 36 hours. This game is usually lauded as one of the best DQ games so I was really interested to play it. I think the general concept and the villains were great, playing through multiple stages of the Main Character's life and working in tragedies they experienced was really good. I thought it didn't focus enough on the side characters, there was a lot more they could've done with them story-wise and I actually wanted to get to know them more because of how interesting the growing-up mechanic was. The Monster collecting mechanic was a good and bad point to me at the same time, it was fun collecting monsters and seeing what new attacks they'd learn but on the opposite end, it added a lot more grinding to the game because if you wanted to use something new, you had to train them up to a reasonable level before you could. Also on a personal level, I hate when games expect you to remember those things you couldn't access before and go "Oh yeah, I need to go there" and the second half of the game was very heavily based on this, so I hit up FAQs just to figure out where to go next more often than not. Really good game and would've really stood out on the SNES had I played it back then, it reminds me a lot of Final Fantasy IV.

• Like 1

1) :ps5: Miles Morales: Spider-Man

2) :ps5: Astro's Playroom

3) :pc: Hitman 3

4) :switch: SNES Online: Super Mario Bros 2 (Super Mario All-Stars version)

5) Mass Effect 1 (Legendary Edition)

Honorable mention: Doom 64

Did mostly the same thing I did originally, went mostly paragon, killed Ashley on Virmire, didn't get Wrex killed or Saren to kill himself. Playing through on easy because I've already beaten it multie times.

7.) :pc: Cibele 

Not even sure where I got this game. Must have been packed into one of the random Humble Bundle's I've bought over the years. Barely what I'd call a game at all. More like an interactive short film kind of thing about relationships that develop in online games. Felt a little cringey at times (though more because it was true to form than anything actually wrong with the way it was written). Super short and didn't really feel like it resolved in any meaningful way. Seems like it was just the creators way of telling a personal story in the best way she new how. Definitely felt like a niche sort of experience that would be lost on most people. Not something I would be likely to recommend to anyone I know, but it was quick and straight forward which is pretty much what I was looking for before I headed to bed.

3. :ps4: Ys IX - I enjoyed the game. Kinda mixed on how I feel about it though, like I enjoyed the cast overall better in IX, but I really liked VIII's story a lot better.

I'll probably do a Nightmare playthough for the trophy, but not sure I'll grind out the Skill trophy for platinum. 

I should be starting up Nocturne next. 

29) :ps3: Nights Into Dreams (100% Trophies)

Chill and comfy as fuck. Can see the bones of some Sonic Adventure stuff in this.

5 hours ago, Eizan said:

3. :ps4: Ys IX - I enjoyed the game. Kinda mixed on how I feel about it though, like I enjoyed the cast overall better in IX, but I really liked VIII's story a lot better.

This... is pretty much in line with how I expect things to go with the game for me... I haven't had a chance to play it yet though. (PC port doesn't come out until July, boooooooooooooo).

8.) :ps5: Control: Ultimate Edition

God I love this game. Easily in my top 5 of all time. One of the few games I've wanted to replay in recent years, and this was a good opportunity since it was free. The PS5 version was a world of different from the PS4 one. Near non-existent load times, and finally got to see a really good example of ray tracing at work. Control is free on the Epic game store right now so I'm considering grabbing that and playing it again on PC. XD

9.) (Mobile) Kingdom Hearts: Union X

They finally finished the story in the f2p mobile KH game that's been going for a few years. Will be shutting down at the end of the month and they wrapped up the story for it. As per usual KH fashion, it answered a few questions, and left like 8 more in its place. X_x

They're not completely getting rid of the game. They're just disabling the "game" part of it but are leaving the theater mode in tact and functional so you can still watch all the story stuff which is kind of cool. Will need to go back through it at some point and see the story all together instead of drip feed once a week to once a month over the course of years. Maybe it'll make slightly more sense that way. XD

30) :ps3: Bleach: Soul Resurreccion (Platinum)

Like 5 hours to see the end-credits and 250 to pop the Platinum. Four Ultra Rare trophies and easy to use as a podcast game though. Pretty much a Dynasty Warriors-like anime game (it's not made by Koei-Tecmo so not quite the same), has a good combat flow to it but leveling up and completing every mission with every character was a huge pain.

10.) :pc: Call of the Sea

Fun little puzzle/adventure game with a Lovecraftian themed story. Even if you've read even just a little Lovecraft, you can see where the story is going pretty much 5 minutes in (and probably had a decent idea to begin with just from the trailer and name of the game XD ), but it still had its moments. Some decent Lovecraft themed easter eggs too. Puzzles were solid without being punishingly hard. Had to actually stop and think about them, but never felt like I was going to be forced to consult a guide. Enjoyed it.

4. :ps4: Bonds of the Skies - It's uhh like Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, but much easier? I mean it's not bad, but it's not good either....

I'm working on Legend of Mana right now. Soundtrack is so good...

1) :switch: Taiko no Tatsujin Rhythmic Adventure Pack #1

2) Final Fantasy V

3) :switch: Chasm

4) :switch: Cosmic Star Heroine

5) :switch: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

6) Final Fantasy V (again)

Finished off my Four Job Fiesta run last night. I had to lean pretty heavily on GilToss to get through it, but I got past Neo Exdeath without too much trouble on the second try without having to do any grinding beforehand. Before the Fiesta wraps up, I'll do another run or two for funsies. This run was all physical attacking jobs, so my next one will be focused on magic-casting jobs.

I have also been chipping away at Doom (original) on Switch, a level here and a level there... I should get back on that soon.

30) :ps3: Bleach: Soul Resurreccion (Platinum)

31) :gba: Metroid Zero Mission (6:03:09, 71%)

Big fan of the cutscene additions, new side areas and additions. I find OG NES Metroid unplayable (and really, it felt unplayable once the SNES generation started, I used a FAQ and Save States the one time I did beat it) so something like this as an alternative is great. Jumping felt too finicky (always does for me in Metroid games) and still not a fan of the Missile firing and diagonal aiming controls but I guess there was only so much you could do on the GBA with only four buttons. Didn't bother with 100%ing once I found out that you had to do a lot of complex sparkshine jumping chains.

Shinespark stuff is some of the most rewarding, but also most frustrating aspects of 100%ing any Metroid game. I know if I didn't have save states, I'd have given up before finishing them. There's at least one in Zero Mission that was a bitch to get (in the final area of the game) that involves shinesparking up multiple levels, multiple rooms, a falling section, and a button press at the exact right time, but it felt so good to actually get it done.

• Like 1

11.) :pc: Her Story

Interesting little FMV style game where you're watching clips from the interrogation of a woman about her husband's murder. The one was less "game" than others I've played outside of having to pick up keywords from what you watch to be able to find more clips but there's no real "win condition" and it just kind of ends. Some interesting twists in the story though that kept me interested/intrigued the whole time. Have had the game sitting around for a while and finally decided to play it since this dev has another game coming out soon that looked interesting.

32) :gba: Metroid Fusion (05:12:00, 61%)

God damn, it felt like I collected 80% of the items, how THE SHIT did it just end up being 61%?

I can understand why Metroid fans are a bit split on this one because it's so linear, but I really liked it. I'm a fan of exact mission directives and then side-exploration available (I think they could've allowed a bit more side-exploration). I was mostly having fun with the game up until a few bosses later on (the spider boss, the vine boss, and I think there was one other that really annoyed me).

I'd gotten more used to the controls since playing Zero Mission, but some of the combinations were hurting my hands (the end boss with Charge Plasma  was definitely activated some arthritis).

33) :3ds: Metroid: Samus Returns (14:35:14, 100%, Normal Mode)

Effing great game. This is exactly what I want a Metroid game to be. Searching for collectables and backtracking was rewarding, and I loved the scanning feature meaning not having to parse through a faq at the end to see which collectables I missed. I liked the melee counter mechanic, was surprised how easy it was to die in this game, and still didn't like the boss fight battles as much, though at least the checkpoints made it easy to get back at it and recognize patterns quicker.

I appreciated the tie-in with the X-Parasite from Fusion at the end, and hated the new Ridley end-boss quite a bit, that thing just wouldn't die.

31) :gba: Metroid Zero Mission (6:03:09, 100%)

100%ed Zero Mission, with assistance from a guide.

On 7/19/2021 at 3:58 PM, MT said:

Shinespark stuff is some of the most rewarding, but also most frustrating aspects of 100%ing any Metroid game. I know if I didn't have save states, I'd have given up before finishing them. There's at least one in Zero Mission that was a bitch to get (in the final area of the game) that involves shinesparking up multiple levels, multiple rooms, a falling section, and a button press at the exact right time, but it felt so good to actually get it done.

I used save states on a few of set-ups for the these (like one where you have to light off a bomb and then screw attack multiple times while the bomb wall detonates itself) but I did manage to do them all eventually. Half the problem was just figuring out the proper controls, once I figured out that you just need to press forward on slopes to even yourself out and can press down to recharge it even while running flat, I managed to figure it out.

Even managed to beat the last boss only losing two full health tanks eventually. This is also the first time I've gotten an ending in a Metroid with Samus taking off any pieces of her armour :love3:

I'm excited watching you play through these, even if I'm a heathen that loves the original Metroid for exactly what it is.

• Shiny 1

31) :gba: Metroid Zero Mission (9:23:12, 100%)

32) :gba: Metroid Fusion (07:05:00, 100%)

And 100%ed Fusion. It was easier to 100% than Zero Mission but more of a hassle to get around in the end-game :lurk:

2 hours ago, Psycho666Soldier said:

I'm excited watching you play through these, even if I'm a heathen that loves the original Metroid for exactly what it is.

Except for Other M and Pinball, I think I've played all of them now :nod:

1) :ps5:Miles Morales: Spider-Man

2) :ps5: Astro's Playroom

3) :pc:  Hitman 3

5) :pc:Mass Effect 1 (Legendary Edition)

6) :switch: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD

I remember liking this game the first time more than I did this time. Having to go back to the three main areas multiple times made the last time really drag on. Played mostly with button controls, and had quite a few frustrating moments trying to go from moving the camera to swinging the sword. Both are mapped to the right stick, but to move the camera you hold R. There were lots of times where is be rotating the camera, and sudde ly Link would pull out his sword and the camera would stop rotating. Other times I'd be rotating the camera while moving, let go of R to start swinging my sword, only for it to not swing for a few seconds.

It's still one of my favorite Zelda stories, Zelda herself had a ton of personality and a great arc, and the final battle was pretty epic. Playing through this makes me wonder if it'll connect to BotW2 at all, seeing as how BotW2 has had islands in the sky in some of their trailers.

12.) :pc: Vampire: The Masquerade - Out for Blood

The is the 2nd of 3 text adventure games that are being put out for VtM. This one has you playing as a human in a relatively typical "vampire in a small town" story that gave me some major Salem's Lot vibes, but was REALLY well put together. The branching narratives seem really diverse and there were some interesting options and endings available. Liked it a lot more than I was expecting considering you typically play the vampire in this setting and not the human. Looking forward to the 3rd one.

13.) :pc: Death's Door

Fantastic game. Felt like an old Legend of Zelda game in terms of magic abilities (bow and arrow, fire, bombs, chain shot to cross gabs), exploration and feel, but with a light Souls-like aspect with dodging being super important and how respawning/saving worked. Story was straight forward, but interesting and the characters and general feel of the game were full of charm and humor. Felt pretty worthwhile for a $20 game.

1) :ps5:Miles Morales: Spider-Man

2) :ps5: Astro's Playroom

3) :pc:  Hitman 3

5) :pc:Mass Effect 1 (Legendary Edition)

6) :switch: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD

7) :pc: Axiom Verge 2

I liked the first a lot better. The melee combat ended up being kind of annoying, I stayed in drone form most of the time mainly for a slightly longer ranged attack, a smaller hitbox, and at some point you get a grappling hook/floating ability which makes moving around in that form a hell of a lot easier. If I hadn't found a video walkthrough on Youtube, I probably wouldn't have made it through this game. I got stuck so many times, which was incredibly frustrating. Ending spoiler below:

A fucking cliffhanger? Really? Lame.

34 :gb: Donkey Kong '94. Still fun as fuck, still weirdly timeless despite being on the Gameboy.

1 - :ps5:Miles Morales: Spider-Man

2 - :ps5: Astro's Playroom

3 - :pc:  Hitman 3

4 - :switch: SNES Online: Super Mario Bros 2 (Super Mario All-Stars version)

5 -  :pc:Mass Effect 1 (Legendary Edition)

6 - :switch: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD

7 -  :pc:  Metroid:Zero Mission

8 - :pc: Axiom Verge 2

9 - Another Metroid 2 Remake

Forgot to add that I beat Metroid: Zero Mission again before beating Axiom Verge 2. I started playing AM2R before Axiom Verge 2, but some dumbass alt+tab bug in a recent Windows update made it so that the game would load and immediately minimize, and I was unable to bring it back up to full screen. I fixed that issue, and figured i'd try running AM2R again, and lo and behold it worked. 

I really liked this remake, although the final boss was laughably easy.

14.) :pc: Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption

First VtM game ever made, back in like 2000. Never got a chance to play it as my old computer just would NOT run it properly for whatever weird ass reason. New one ran it fine though. Combat was pretty clunky and really unpleasant a lot of the time and the story dialogue was super cheesy (which is to be expected from a game this old), but overall it was a good story that had a LOT of depth and thought put into it from the world building side of things. I can see why people liked it so much. It has a shitty multiplayer mode as well,  because apparently the expectation from Activision was that they'd be able to compete with Diablo 2. :rotfl: 

15.) :pc: Twelve Minutes

Well that was... a game. This was honestly a really intriguing looking game and I have been looking forward to it for some time. You probably saw a trailer for it at some point if you watched any game shows the past year or two. Takes place in a single apartment, top down view, characters voiced by Daisy Riddley, James McAvoy and Willem Defoe about a guy stuck in a time loop trying to figure out what's happening.

It starts off really strong. Lots of mystery, lots to figure out, but you quickly get ahead of the narrative a bit and the game expects you to do some very specific things on occasion to make meaningful progress in a given loop which eventually leads to it being a bit tedious (luckily you can skip through conversations and such generally). Was still relatively enjoyable to get thrings progressed and find out more. And then it goes in for the BIG twist at the end and it's just... WTF. It still may have been salvageable, but the actual ending is just garbage. Absolute garbage. It doesn't explain what's going on, why anything happened and a number of other things. There are a few different endings,  and I saw a couple, but the "real" ending (I guess?) completely resets the progress and I just can't be fucking bothered to deal with this shit again to find out for sure.

There were some really good ideas in this game, and the voice acting was pretty good but it it really flubbed the landing it feels like and took what could have been a pretty solid game that had a few hitches, into an absolute mess that felt kind of disappointing overall. Might be worth dicking around with if you can get it for under $10 (maybe closer to $5).

34 :gb: Donkey Kong '94. (100%)

35) :3ds: Hey Pikmin!

Kirby's Mass Attack with a very fitting Pikmin coat of paint. Also a little Yoshi's Island and sounded a little Donkey Kong Country. I prefer Pikmin this way as a puzzle platformer than as a strategy game, it removes the thinking element and is a chill play. Probably my favourite part is how they collect enlarged everyday objects and Olimar tries to guess what they are (like an Ink Pen is a "Peace Missile" and a Pawn chess piece is an "Unassuming Lighthouse") and they're amusing little write-ups. I hope more Pikmin games are made like this

10 - (SNES) Super Metroid

Been going through the Metroid games leading up to Dread. Probably won't go through the Prime games, as outside of Prime 1 I have no way of playing them. Next/final is Metroid Fusion. This is the first game I played through to completion on my Super Nt on a real cart with a real controller, felt really good. 

16.) :ps4: Cyberpunk 2077

Finally finished it. Got most trophies. Will wrap those up eventually when the PS5 version finally drops. Game ran pretty well on the PS5. No major issues when it launched outside of the bugged quests and stuff which they fixed pretty quickly. It wasn't terrible. Had some really good quests to it, but mostly playing it just felt like there were a LOT of missed opportunities. Game probably could have used another year (maybe even 2) of work to make it really shine. Mostly lots of little things. Still enjoyed it overall though and definitely got my money's worth out of it (Think I clocked 150 hours to do everything). It just definitely had so much potential it didn't live up to.

10 - (SNES) Super Metroid

11 - :ds: Metroid Fusion

Broke out my old Japanese DS Lite to play this. The only canonical game left outside of the Prime series is probably Other M, but fuck that. I'm officially ready for Metroid Dread.

• Like 1

34 :gb: Donkey Kong '94. (100%)

35) :3ds: Hey Pikmin!

36) :3ds: Kirby Triple Deluxe (100%)

Kirby Super Star gameplay is always comfy and the addition of collectibles added to the comf <3

1) :switch: Taiko no Tatsujin Rhythmic Adventure Pack #1

2) Final Fantasy V

3) :switch: Chasm

4) :switch: Cosmic Star Heroine

5) :switch: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

6) Final Fantasy V (again)

7) :switch: Diablo II: Resurrected

Baal’s dead and I’m moving on to Nightmare. I’m not sure if my Druid will be viable in Hell, but Nightmare should be doable. My merc needs better gear to make my life easier though. I’m short one or two runes to make the rune words I want. 

• Like 1