Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dr. b

Merry Christmas 2020

I hope you're all having the best holiday you can in this crazy world we live in right now :santa:

Let's hear about the gifts you gave / received, food and drink you indulged in, what you're doing this year compared to normal traditions, etc. 

Merry Christmas! Desi is home safe and sound and that's all I needed this year.

• Like 1

MURO CHMRSUBS

I'm gonna ramble 'cause I ain't got much else to do right now and I've got those pandemic holiday blues goin' a bit

I gots---

• new monitors from lee
  • i bought taiko no tatsujin since i've wanted it for ages and it's on sale and i considered it a gift from lee but he says i just did something normal like treat myself to something I wanted to maybe it's from me? I dunno it just felt like I was getting a present so it's a PRESENT DAMNIT
  • money from parents and in laws 
  • cookies and some fun lil doodads (pins and a keychain) from a friend
  • another friend is buying me the binding of isaac dlc on the 31st as my present HYPE
  • yet another friend preordered a shitload of nendoroids for me
  • my wow guild secret santa bought me an octopus shaped key holder and apparently another thing that's in shipping limbo so it is still a secret
  • Jane has been sending me lil presents on Animal Crossing and I'd been too depressed to play much until the other day when I was like well I don't want to miss the Christmas event on here... and logged in and saw my mail full of gifts from her. It really made me happy, so I'm including it on my list.

I boughts---

• a new monitor for lee (my parents bought him the other one!) so now we both have shiny new monitors
  • a present for my wow guild secret santa giftee that I'm very excited for them to get but it's delayed in the mail so I'm keeping it very hush hush unless they ask WE'VE HAD GUILDIES ON THE CENTER BEFORE I CAN'T RISK REVEALINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG 
  • lego marvel games set for friend's kid, I was just informed she did a "whoop whoop" dance upon opening it
  • bought a few games for people
  • preordered nendoroids for a few people
  • most gifts i've bought for people this year aren't gonna be received until well into the next year because I preordered a lot of things but for family we're waiting until it's safe to have a gathering again and throwing a huge ass christmas party no matter what time of year it is. So I'm plotting for that.
  • I'm also slowly amassing stuff to send to Lucy when shipping is possible again. There's just no way in hell I'm putting a big parcel into international post with the gridlock the world is in now. 

As for celebration, Lee and I are just hangin' out playing games and enjoying our monitors, then tonight we have a special meal to cook and will curl up on the couch and watch Wonder Woman 1984 together. Normally we'd go over to the in law's place Christmas Eve, enjoy the family traditional meal of enchiladas and then hang out together. Sometimes we'd spend the night but lately we just go home once the old folks get sleepy and just come back early in the morning since we don't live far! Then Christmas morning is presents and then.....done. Once the last one is opened Lee's grandmom is DONE with Christmas and starts taking shit down. It never fails to crack me up!

In general we spend Christmas in Texas but on the years we go to Alabama to my side of the family we go with my parents up to the town where a lot of my mom's side of the family lives and we spend Christmas Eve hanging out with the ones that live there and spend the night, then Christmas Day is a whole day affair with extended family showing up and we eat ourselves stupid then in the evening finally open gifts (a tradition that has always driven the kids in the family NUTS) and it's always a good time.

AND THAT'S MY FUCKING CHRISTMAS ESSAY FUCK Y'ALL

• Like 1

:thumbs:

My daughter loves Taiko no Tatsujin so I got her the Rhythmic Adventure Pack for Christmas. She also got art supplies and books and some other random stuff. 

The toddler got board books and magnetic shapes that you can build stuff with and and music-making toy.

We're roasting a duck tonight. It's gonna be gooooood :betty: None of us are crazy about turkey. Normally that's what we'd be eating tonight if we went to Christmas at my sister's house (because that's where my mum spends Christmas every year) but we'd never cook a turkey just for ourselves. 

I got:

• Monopoly GAMER Edition (basically a Mario version of Monopoly, with completely different rules)
  • Money
  • New Dr. Martens boots These are for work mostly, my regular shoes are falling apart and I can't find any I like, so I settled for boots instead. Any pairs of shoes I did find that I like wouldn't work for work as they need to be all black. I found a pair that was mostly black with a small strip of brown near the bottom, and my senior manager was like "nope", so fuck that.[/Shoe rant]
  • Candy from the cat
  • A reindeer Pez dispenser (I didn't know they still made those)
  • One of my delivery customers gave me a Starbucks gift card
  • Clothes hangers. More practical than anything, we seem to be running out around here so it's nice to have some new ones. They're no-slip, so that's even better.

I gave

• XBox Series S for the bf
  • For mom, I got her: a Google Nest video doorbell thing, and some stuff from Bath & Body Works. Shower gel, lotion, and a candle if I remember right.
  • Some XBox gift cards for friends
  • Some Steam games for friends (not saying here as I haven't bought them yet but am going to real soon

Ricki (my bf) is coming over for dinner with my mom and I later, and after that we're heading back to his place to spend the weekend. This morning was nice, I slept in until about 10AM (which I haven't been able to do in months) and then we opened presents. 

• Like 1

Tell her I'll play her online, she'd kick my ass I bet :laugh:

Roast duck sounds amazing :betty:

Merry Christmas all :D I had a bit of a weird one, but it did feature food, chocolate and booze so all good I guess.

Giftsgotgot = lots of random Mets stuff (board games, face masks, headphones, etc); some books on film making; some large duffel bags to fit all my film making gear in (thank fuck - it's such a hassle digging it all out a cupboard bit by bit every time I go to film. Now I can spend a few days packing these bags properly, then it's just pick up & go in future!)

Hope y'all had a blast :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anelle said:

Tell her I'll play her online, she'd kick my ass I bet :laugh:

Roast duck sounds amazing :betty:

I'm not sure if we can play online. I think I cancelled Switch Online. I'll have to look into that... sounds like fun!

The duck is almost done and looks and smells pretty amazing :shiny: 

Guess I'm gonna be selling someone an XBox Series S...

Bf (understandably) says it's too extravagant, so I'm gonna end up selling it, most likely.

Merry Merry all! Mine was pretty uneventful since I thankfully had no work on Christmas eve or today. (I worked the days prior)

Morning started with hot cocoa cinnamon rolls for breakfast and binging Bridgerton. Stopped at my folks place for a social distanced visit, made tacos for dinner, and mom dropped off a portion from Dad's rib roast that was AMAZING ( I nibbled a piece before putting it in the fridge).

Gifts I got:
Sandman comics Vol Five through eight from the room mate
bath and body goodies from a couple coworkers and one of my besties
20 sided die soap on a rope from 1 friend
special fox commissioned art from another bestie
sandalwood and smoke scented candle from other friends on east side of Wa
4 face masks, 1 throw blanket, and six hundred dollars from my parents to go towards when I finally get a new laptop.
1 coworker got me fox ornament and some candy.

I will probably make additional posts to this since there are some friends who have told me they have things for me and we haven't met up.

What I gifted:
I actually went small this year thanks to covid and funds so I focused on the kids in my SCA Household (There's five of them age vary from a few months old to 7). Mostly got them all books and additionally the 7yr old an led unicorn headphones and socks. She immediately put them on and lit it up and her mom showed me pics lol.
1 friend, me and my friends from Cat Cosplay chipped together to get him labradorite gemstone dice set with astrology symbols along with a special painted double box,1 with leather on the inside as a dice tray and 1 smaller one that fits in that with foam to help protect the dice. The lids I painted special things relating to friend who got them.
1 friend who got me bath goods I got her books lol.
Mom I got a sweet ornament that lights up
Dad his favorite almond roca candy.

Turns out Lee's grandparents fixed us Christmas dinner plates, they came by to drop them off! We thought they were just going to bring some snack stuff, so fancy dinner will be cooked tomorrow! 

• Shiny 1

So Apparently my parents surprised us with a new 55" in TV. So that was a highlight.

• Like 3

HELL YEAH

10 hours ago, Galeigh said:

So Apparently my parents surprised us with a new 55" in TV. So that was a highlight.

That is awesome! :shiny:

What I got:

• 1TB M.2 NVME drive to replace my 256GB (woooo, reinstalled Windows last night and am loading this baby up with games as we speak)
  • New Nvidia Shield Pro (does Dolby Vision yessss)
  • Instant Pot nonstick pot
  • Comic Stuff:
    • Spider-Man Maximum Carnage Epic Collection
    • Fatale v2 (Brubaker)
    • Klaus v1 and 2
  • Sackboy for PS5
  • Medievil for PS4
  • Bourne Collection in 4K
  • Noctua fans that are black instead of poop brown for my computer (I had 3 and though I asked for 2 just to replace on the CPU I ended up getting 3 so I also got to replace a poop brown case fan for a nice neat case :D )
  • Friends jammies set
  • Some nice button down shirts from Jovanna
  • Scooby Shirt :heart:
  • 50 bucks from Grandma
  • Countless things I bought myself (mostly comics) but also a Ninja Toaster Oven/Air Fryer.  I love it. :heart:
Spoiler

6sS1hp9.jpg

PIb9F6p.jpg

I hope everyone had a wonderful christmas! I still have a box of gifts I couldn't open then and was too out of it to do so. But I will update when I get it open.

• Like 1

AEFTBH;EGTJNSZEDRYJZHBFTGSZ one of my aunts told me she had bought something small for me from an artist she'd found and I had no idea what to expect and it came today and it was a lil ceramic possum ornament and it's so lovely and perfect POSSUM POSSUM POSSUM POSSUM

• Like 1
  • Shiny 3