Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
webhead

Favorite Non-Alcoholic Drinks

2 hours ago, Hornet said:

Best nonalcoholic drink is green tea.

I've been digging these Arnold Palmer drinks I got recently.  I love lemonade but the massive amount of citrus/acid always made my stomache kinda blehhh.  Tea really calms that shit down. :nod:

We should make a favorite non-alcoholic drinks topic. :thinking2:

That would be a short answer from me on that subject :xd:

Green Tea with Irish Cream in it is really fucking good. 

Soda: Mtn Dew Code Red, Vanilla Orange Coke, Dr Pepper are my top ones

Other:  Arnold Palmers (half tea half lemonade), Crystal Light Pink Lemonade (sooo good), V8 Splash

I've been drinking those Arnold Palmer things (called Honest Tea, got on sale at Amazon) and they're pretty damn good honestly.  Drinking just lemonade is acidic as fuck so the tea really makes it a lot more pleasurable to drink (like putting sugar in spaghetti sauce cuts the heartburn :xd:).

Yeah... My post should probably have been left in the topic... Irish cream is alcoholic :lol:

Almond Milk has really grown on me. I have always loved to drink milk, especially whole, but I guess I must be slightly lactose intolerant cause it would always disagree with me in some way. Almond milk has the same flavour and none of the issues :thumbs:

I've been using Almond Milk a lot lately as well.  Definitely have a little of that too and my body feels better too. :rotfl:

The only weird thing, have you noticed this...it like doesn't get nearly as cold as milk.  I've always wondered why that is.  It's weird.

Odd that you mention the intolerance, because I think i'm developing a similar thing. Maybe it's just part of getting older or something.

I drink way more Diet Sunkist than I should but I love it ;; 

I really like some of those water flavor drops, the Mio type stuff. Scratches the itch of wanting something with more flavor, but we got decent tap water 'round here so just a glass of that can be real nice.

It's been ages since I've had some, but I have a fondness for this diet instant peach tea powder stuff. Sometimes I get the urge and find some and enjoy it for a while.

I love hot green teaaaaaaaaa

and miiiiiiiiiiiiiilk

and orange-pineapple juuuuuuuuuuuice

and lemonaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaade 

I've been trying to drink a lot more water. I've cut down on the amount of soda I drink considerably, but i'll still have one now and again. I've tried a bunch of sparkling water and for some reason, all of it tastes god fucking awful. The only thing like that i've been able to find that I like is New York Seltzer, specifically their black cherry flavor. They have them in the vending machine at work and it's amazing. If I do have a soda, it'll be a Coke, or a cherry flavored soda (prefer cherry Coke, but cherry Pepsi's alright too). There's this Lipton Brisk fruit punch drink that's great as well, but I imagine it's packed with sugar. 

Sparkling water and all that "a strawberry was in the room they bottled the water in" stuff is not for me.

Honestly Crystal Light is the shit.  You guys should try the little packet ones you can throw into a bottle of water.  That shit is awesome.  Zero calorie so if you're trying to be good and get a little flavor, it will hit the spot.  I've tried that Mio stuff and it tasted super weird.

I had their pink lemonade one and didn't much care for it. It wasn't awful, but I didn't feel like drinking a whole bottle of it.

1 hour ago, MT said:

Odd that you mention the intolerance, because I think i'm developing a similar thing. Maybe it's just part of getting older or something.

I've always had that problem, so I doubt age is the factor here.

I think that gets worse as you get older.  Some people start out bad and some start off okay and get worse over time.

Sodas: Mt Dew, Throwback, Pitch Black. Most of the Kickstarts are pretty much my go tos
Juices: OJ, Apple, Cranberry mixes (as in the bajillion other flavors that are mixed with cranberry juice nowadays) Raspberry lemonades, Huckleberry Lemonades that Hops n Drops (was about to say Hop Jacks but they changed the name) serve. Pomegranate juice.
Tea: When I'm in the mood usually a white or black tea. Occasionally an herb. I've been trying to be good and drink more at home but usually the most I drink is either gonna be at a restaurant if the flavor sounds interesting or when I go to a friends house since she has a bunch of loose leaf and tea bag types of tea.

I tried drinking Bangs recently but I'm not a fan of the flavors except for one with is better than most of the meh ones I've tried. Which is probably good considering holy fuck the caffeine in them.

C O F F E E

Naw it isn't. Coffee can be pretty great.

I'm all about that Arizona Green Tea with Honey but it's difficult to get here. I also like ehhh like, green tea, and coca cola.

My fav was vanilla coke but they've discontinued full fat vanilla coke and made it sugar free... The thing that super-sucks about that is that the "any flavour of coke" machine in Five Guys now refuses to make full-sugar flavoured coke drinks, which is a colossal shame becuz it used to be that it would mix you a tangerine coke or whatever.

Orange and raspberry Cole were my jam on those.  Why'd they stop letting you do regular Coke? :eek3:

Pretty much all I drink outside of booze is coffee and water. I can always have a coffee (unless I know I'm already at the point where one more cup will get me all jittery). No milk, cream, sugar, flavour shots, syrups, etc. C O F F E E.

I do also like Vietnamese green tea but I can't get the good stuff (from Thái Nguyên fyi) in Canada and I won't settle for less. 

I will also on occasion enjoy an A&W root beer if I have a craving for an A&W burger. 

Edited by little birdy
to make it better

3 hours ago, webhead said:

Orange and raspberry Cole were my jam on those.  Why'd they stop letting you do regular Coke? :eek3:

IDK, discontinued products except in Zero Sugar version. They do a Peach Zero Sugar now, in stores, but I always thought aspartame tastes kinda bad. (I can tell when a G&T has been made with slimline tonic, bleugh)

IRN BRU :love2:

• Like 1
  • ROFL 1

4 hours ago, Lucy said:

Yes. This. It's like 2 bucks a bottle here but man is it good. Tastes like a bubblegum soda. 

Also, coffee is shit juice. It tastes like shit and makes you shit. Hard pass. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Galeigh said:

Also, coffee is shit juice. It tastes like shit and makes you shit. Hard pass. 

It doesn't taste like shit! And there's nothing wrong with wanting to keep regular :lurk:

Coffee is okay as long as it's Leslie Knope style for me or at least sweet enough for me not to taste the bitterness of my soul drinking it. Like a white chocolate mochas are my go to's if I go for one on occasion.

1 hour ago, Galeigh said:
6 hours ago, Lucy said:

Yes. This. It's like 2 bucks a bottle here but man is it good. Tastes like a bubblegum soda. 

That bubblegum soda taste I've had with a few things (Jamaicans and Puerto Ricans have their own).  Puerto Rico calls it Cola Champagne and Jamaica has it as Kola.  Definitely like those drinks.  Unfortunately AZ is not near any of these places so I'm not sure how easy it is to track down unless you can find a Jamaican or Puerto Rican food place (there's like 1 good PR place here and Jamaican places...have not been impressive thus far).

For years my go-to coffee was a black coffee, but there's enough people in this country who don't know what "black coffee" means that I've wound up drinking enough white coffee that I'm now coffee-bi.

Oh shit. I forgot about butterscotch soda. Shit is gooooood. Super sweet though so it's not an every day kinda beverage. 

My parents bought me a 6 pack of it last year. It was so good I immediately ordered a 36 count box of em. 

It was a good month. 

Green tea. Cold, hot, with cream (or of the Irish variety), either way is fine with me. Tea and water is 90% of my beverage preference.

Almond milk would be just as much....if I could keep it in the house.:sweatdrop:

Does anybody remember POG juice? I used to drink that all the fucking time.

That sounds 90s as fuck.  POG juice? :rotfl:

Nope. Never seen that before. Looks yummy though.

Never heard of it either, looks good though. 

I don't take milk with a lot of stuff. latte is a sometimes food.

Huh weird, must be a PNW thing then. It is tasty af tho

Well there was certainly no R in there or else I would call it PORG juice!