Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Psycho666Soldier

Currently Playing?

I know we tried to do a weekly edition of this, but I'm too lazy to look any farther to see if we've done a general version of this thread.

What's your current days look like as far as gaming goes?  I had to take a bit of a break while I was working on a game jam project, but currently I've been going back and forth between Legend of Legaia and replaying FF7R for the platinum trophy.  I'm up to Chapter 14 now on Hard Mode and after finishing just need to pick chapters to pick up the scraps.  Some of these bosses are way harder.  The House rocked my shit for like 6 hours over tell sessions.

I have a couple other games I'm sort of working through, but they're mostly on hold until I get through one of these.

I can't seem to find time or motivation to play games, but I have been watching Wanderbot and Retromation on YouTube when they check out new games. 

I have hardly played anything but Diablo 2: Resurrected since it released… September 2021 iirc..? I have put a sickening number of hours into D2R over the last two years. It’s shameful :lolgrin: But I honestly don’t get tired of it. I love D2[R].

Replaying Fire Emblem Engage, I have to finish Sea of Stars but the game fell of hard for me. I still play Genshin Impact everyday, because well I'm addicted to it....

Next new game I'll probably be playing is Star Ocean 2's remake. I enjoyed the crap out of the Demo. 

I have Mario Wonder, but my kids are playing it first. 

I'm probably gonna get Mario Wonder in the next month.  Me and my girlfriend both wanna try it out.  Not sure if I'll play Star Ocean 2 remake any time soon just because I did beat the game not terribly long ago, but it's definitely gonna be the way I'll play when I decide to.

I also wanted to check out Sea of Stars but a YouTuber I trust had a review of it that made me feel less inclined to go out of my way.

Mario Wonder looks like fun, but I think I might be more interested in Princess Peach: Showtime :lurk: Gotta wait until next year for that one though. 

Bouncing between Super Mario Bros. Wonder and Spider-Man 2, currently

pgqu6TO.png

I haven't been super into gaming lately but this brought me back out of it baby.

chefs-kiss-french-chef.gif

Yes, I did get the collectors edition.  19 inches of Venom and it's fantastic. ;) 

• Love 1

Gotta love it. I STILL can't believe they made Kraven so goddamn threatening. 

The way he took out Scorpion was so goddamn badass, and it really upped his threat meter

Got back into playing WOW and it's consuming most of my free time.

Waiting for the 17th to play Mario RPG remake and hopefully enjoy it as much as the OG.

• Shiny 1

Currently bouncing between Super Mario Bros Wonder, Super Mario RPG, Suika Game, and Risk of Rain Returns, all on :switch:

I've been doing Super Mario RPG and Ghost of Tsushima, though the latter is on hold while I blaze through the former.  Currently in Nimbus Land. My Switch just died at work in the middle of the Birdo fight.  Thinking I might be able to have this beat all the way by the end of this week depending on how my free time goes.

Had to stop MGS1 for Mario RPG Remake.

Very well done so far. Just beat the Forest Maze. Music is mostly good, the new play mechanics make things interesting (I'm probably healing a lot more than I did on the original game due to the special enemies).

• Like 1

:nope:

I don’t own anything that could play it :lolgrin:

Is it good? IIRC you enjoyed the first installment of the remake? How does Rebirth compare?

So far, it's been amazing.  Fixes a lot of the things that were rough about the first one, definitely improves on most of what XVI tries to do, and I've honestly just had a ton of fun seeing the characters develop more.

It's definitely a wacky game with a lot of it's sidequests.  But it has so much love and charm put into it.