Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Galeigh

[Streaming General]

Cause there is actually a ton of Netflix original content, most of which not popular and/or good enough for it's own topic. 

So they released the list of stuff coming in april, Check it and I got super excited to season 2 of She-Ra :shiny:. The first season was really good IMO, but it hasn't been that long since it was released so I wasn't expecting it. 

• Like 1

Season 2 of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina for sure. I've been rewatching Mad Men and seeing the actress as a kid then and watching her now I enjoy how she's grown into her roles.
Ultraman possibly
I still need to watch The Order that just came out
Definitely extended Hateful 8

• Like 1

I........haven't gotten around to watching it? *flees*

I KNOW.......idk why I honestly haven't. Granted I wasn't a huge fan of it with the older version but. Eh, I may need a viewing buddy to keep me on it.

Mindhunter needs to come back. Altered Carbon. Come on.

• Like 1

I am actually enjoying altered Carbon so far. 

I actually know someone who was an extra in the first episode of that. And agreed that show's a good one.

After seeing the trailer I'm curious/kinda excited for Unicorn Store. Another chance to see Captain Marvel/Nick Fury chemistry again yes please

2 hours ago, Tassifox said:

Season 2 of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina for sure.

Fuck yes.  Seconded.

I'm also still looking forward to THE LAST SEASON OF JESSICA JONES. :crying:

I haven't decided if I wanna watch that Sabrina show yet. Riverdale was ass. 

It has nothing to do with Riverdale.  It's a really fun show.  Just watch it.  You'll enjoy it. :unkeke:

Pretty sure the same people make em both since the license belongs to the same company. 

5 minutes ago, webhead said:

Fuck yes.  Seconded.

I'm also still looking forward to THE LAST SEASON OF JESSICA JONES. :crying:

Shhhhhhhhh we don't need to talk about that. Chances are depending on things I may give up Hulu and switch to another streamline. Hulu's is just not as good with their selections other than a handful of shows I watch. ?

Dude, Gal, seriously watch it. I haven't touched Rivendale and I love this series (although they do make a name drop in later eps because high school rivalries and all) But seriously watch.

Hulu is ass, drop it. I will give it a shot sometime I guess. Got a big backlog of things to catch up on as it is. 

• Like 1

I might when the Orville is over. I do love that show

1 hour ago, Galeigh said:

Pretty sure the same people make em both since the license belongs to the same company. 

You're right, but one is on Network television and one isn't. Sabrina is a lot darker and had strong satanic and horror vibes to where some people were boycotting it over there imagery.

The show is legit. Here's a clip I put on any Instagram.

Seriously the show is not like a CW show at all.  I'm surprised since I think it's literally the same showrunners.

6 hours ago, Tassifox said:

I still need to watch The Order that just came out

Let me know what you thing of the ending :spineyes:

I suggest this be renamed Streaming General for Hulu, Amazon Prime and other services.

Sabrina was amazing. I was so hype when we got that holiday special episode too. Honestly, I love both versions of the show.

Unsure if I want to check out Riverdale. I know it's the same universe but I don't want it to taint my Sabrina vibes.

Mindhunter was also great.

I am currently having an internal struggle over the McCann documentary. I don't think I want to contribute to the ongoing sensationalism of it all, but at the same time, if the McCann parents hate it then I kinda want to watch it.

4 hours ago, Garlic Junior said:

Mindhunter was also great.

Hell yeah.  Really enjoyed that one. :nod:

Also watched those CNN series for the 80s 90s and 2000s.  They were pretty cool.  Would recommend.  Lots of nostalgia.  Politics and world events too but yeah.

Motherfucker. Don't ignore my suggested title change.

5 hours ago, Deimos said:

I suggest this be renamed Streaming General for Hulu, Amazon Prime and other services.

Good idea. :thumbs:

5 minutes ago, Deimos said:

Motherfucker. Don't ignore my suggested title change.

Legit didn't see the post.  It took me straight to Garlic's. :O

On 3/23/2019 at 12:56 AM, Mialee said:

Let me know what you thing of the ending :spineyes:

........Why do you have to put it that way!? :frownd:

On 3/25/2019 at 9:25 PM, Tassifox said:

........Why do you have to put it that way!? :frownd:

Hahaha, I really didn’t know what to think of it. And I’m not sure if I like it, that might depend on the second season :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Spoiler

I'm on the episode where Jack gets cut by the book and his werewolf is going apeshit. Honestly tho this show is better than the Magicians.

@Mialee

@Mialee again......I just finished.......

THOSE. FUCKING. BITCHES :angry:

YES! I was very confused by the ending, haha. But I did like the show!

I was confused at first too but then:

Spoiler

When they got all the wolves along with Jack, it went from betrayal to Jack to betrayal to all of them. My thoughts are
-Obviously Vera's now in charge and VERY obviously she's keeping the book that we thought was destroyed for her own purposes. If we remember from the truth-spell she had with Edmund she's got a lot of personal motive to do what she needs to do to move forward.
- I pretty much started hating Alyssa partway through the show because she reminded me too much of Allison from the Magicians. Has a lot of ambition to get herself stronger and higher on the food chain that she will sacrifice a lot of stuff to get it. So of course chances are she and Vera have a plan to use the book. Need to get the Knights/wolves out of the way but because Alyssa DOES care a tiny bit for Jack she's trying to spare him from them becoming enemies again so she erases his memories and leaves him stranded.

Thus back to my.....THOSE FUCKING BITCHES

At 1:54, a wild Hideo Kojima appears

? 

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina hit season 2 finally!

Spoiler

Only a few episodes in but I'm loving it so far.

I love that Suzie is blooming into HIS own identity. I can only imagine how many of my friends who watch this that relate to this are pulling the heart strings when the new Theo had to confront his dad about this.
I like Nick but I feel like he's gonna be a trap later down the line.
Poor Harvey, his first GF was a witch and his new GF can see visions.
Oh....the comic book guys' a werewolf. possessed by an incubus.....this should be fun.
I honestly wonder if Lilith is going to keep working for Lucifer or if she's gonna get tired of being his punching bag and just do her own fucking thing.

That's a really quick turn around.  Hasn't it only been like 6 or 7 months?

Do you see this non-existent face? This is the non-existent face that doesn't care about those details. It's on and I'm totally binging HOLY SHIT SO MUCH HAS HAPPENED AFTER 3RD-4TH EP

I'm happily surprised is really what I'm getting at.  Definitely going to watch this right away. :D

• Like 1

If they get approved for Season 3 I'm super curious of how the story is going to go

I started watching After Life on Netflix. Definitely has a somber note but overall I'm enjoying it.

That's actually not too bad a price, I could always drop Hulu for Disney

That price is pretty reasonable.  70 for a year is something I could see myself doing.  Like buying a video game. :P

Just bought DC Universe for a year at 60 so that ain't bad.

• ROFL 1

Looks good tbh. The big kicker will be this though: if they play ads on their vids I am out. Same reason I refuse to touch Hulu. If I am paying for a streaming service that means ad free. 

I don't see why they would play ads on a service featuring content exclusively owned by them.  That's extremely unlikely

Also related, they will have the Simpsons on there.  No idea which banner that will be under. :rotfl:

The only thing I can think of if they did actually put on adds. Would be for upcoming stuff or teaser stuff for future Disney movies/shows.

I'd still give a pass for that. I DESPISE ads, of any kind, on streaming services I pay for. I refuse to let them double dip on my account. Greedy fucks. 

Advertising your own stuff is not double dipping.  Lol.  But I highly doubt they're going to do any of that so I wouldn't worry about it.

Also lol:

Spoiler

d3423w2g5ur21.jpg

• Like 2
  • ROFL 1

OMG My friend was JUST telling me about this image last night. :rotfl:

Of course they get the idea from a tweet. 

Caught up with She-ra

bow's Dads are adorable as fuck :heart: